andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: Breaking: Santa Fe Texas School Shooting

Post by andy7171 »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote: Well then that doesn't explain your idiotic comment above then does it...
Heads up - you're falling for it - and it's bullsh!t
Wut :lol:

You're trying too hard.
Quit stealing my lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Col Hogan wrote:Everyone can rest easy...

This bastard did not use an AR-15 or a semi-auto pistol.
..according to Texas Gov. Greg Abbot
He added the gunman used two weapons in the attack, a shotgun and .38 revolver. Both of the firearms were legally owned by the gunman's father. Abbott said he did not know if the father knew that the suspect had possession of the firearms.
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/623438002

Gun control nuts on this board and others have said they are not coming for shotguns or revolvers...just semi-auto guns...so i’m Just going to sit over here and see if they are honest...or show their true colors...

:coffee:
Nice. I'm sure the parents of the victims will sleep better knowing this.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: Breaking: Santa Fe Texas School Shooting

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BlueHen86 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:

I wasnt, but make no mistake about it my gun is more important than any of their lives. (Not that any gun really had anything to do with yesterday)

#MolonLabe
Agreed, yesterday was about bullets. And those bullets would have gotten away with it if those meddling kids hadn't gotten involved.
It was about a person that chose to pick up any random tool and be evil.

He did it, nobody else

Nothing else

Him

You cannot legislate evil

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BlueHen86 wrote:

This bastard did not use an AR-15 or a semi-auto pistol.
..according to Texas Gov. Greg Abbot

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/623438002

Gun control nuts on this board and others have said they are not coming for shotguns or revolvers...just semi-auto guns...so i’m Just going to sit over here and see if they are honest...or show their true colors...

:coffee:
Nice. I'm sure the parents of the victims will sleep better knowing this.
Who cares how they sleep? A human being killed their kids. Nobody is going to sleep well when a person chooses to be evil and take life

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I love the “we need to invest more in mental health care” approach

No, we don’t.

We need to be a little regressive and admit that the mainstreaming of the mentally ill (instead of institutionalizing) which began in the 60s and saw involuntary institutionalization drastically slashed by the end of the 80s- has failed.

If by “invest more in mental health” means reopening nuthouses and putting people in them, then OK. But people like Trip don’t mean that.

They mean “throw more money at feel good mental health programs that don’t work”

It is very similar to the “throw more money at inner city education programs that don’t work” plan... think of it as Midnight Basketball for sociopaths
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

CID1990 wrote:I love the “we need to invest more in mental health care” approach

No, we don’t.

We need to be a little regressive and admit that the mainstreaming of the mentally ill (instead of institutionalizing) which began in the 60s and saw involuntary institutionalization drastically slashed by the end of the 80s- has failed.

If by “invest more in mental health” means reopening nuthouses and putting people in them, then OK. But people like Trip don’t mean that.

They mean “throw more money at feel good mental health programs that don’t work”

It is very similar to the “throw more money at inner city education programs that don’t work” plan... think of it as Midnight Basketball for sociopaths
I disagree with your very last line, but that's for a different conversation.

To your point though, I agree that more psychiatric hospitals should be opened up; I think they'd be great resources to treat people. However, I wouldn't call them "nuthouses;" that just adds to the stigmatization of people with mental health issues. If we open up involuntary institutions with the intent of treating and safely releasing patients when (and if) they're ready, I'm all for it.

That said, expansion shouldn't be limited to simply institutionalizing people.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I like how a fellow could have his wife institutionalized 100 years ago to avoid a divorce. I would have totally done that with my ex.

I'm with CID on this.

Electro-shock therapy is even more humane now. Kitty Dukakis was just on 60 Minutes last week showing off her treatment. You know Mike would commit that cunt if he was allowed. She's shaved years off his life with her bullshit. Guy looks defeated all over again. Like it's 1988.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BlueHen86 »

ALPHAGRIZ wrote:... Nobody is going to sleep well when a person chooses to be evil and take life...
How sad to see how divided that we have become as a nation. Even a couple of guys who love guns can't agree on how well we should sleep after high school kids get shot.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BlueHen86 wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ wrote:... Nobody is going to sleep well when a person chooses to be evil and take life...
How sad to see how divided that we have become as a nation. Even a couple of guys who love guns can't agree on how well we should sleep after high school kids get shot.
You realize Col was being sarcastic, no?

The point is that the liberal media, who are not very well educated on firearms or the reasons for the spike in school shootings in the past 20 years, decided to cling to the scary black gun mantra of Diane Feinstein and Chuckie Schumer and Joe Biden. That is how we got the completely superficial AWB in 1994.

Funny thing is, this latest shooting used the two weapons that they have repeatedly said are OK and that they wouldn't want to see regulated in any way: hunting weapons (shotgun) and non-semiautomatic weapons (revolver).

We who are well-educated on the subject are sitting back curiously (and I'll admit I enjoy watching them flail) watching to see how they'll spin this one. USA Today started the stupid by calling them "less-lethal". :lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Btw, USA Today also gave us this gem:

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

BlueHen86 wrote:
It's not like 60 of them got shot, there are 310 million people in the USA. Have a little perspective........ 10 is not even a statistical anomaly

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

93henfan wrote:I like how a fellow could have his wife institutionalized 100 years ago to avoid a divorce. I would have totally done that with my ex.

I'm with CID on this.

Electro-shock therapy is even more humane now. Kitty Dukakis was just on 60 Minutes last week showing off her treatment. You know Mike would commit that cunt if he was allowed. She's shaved years off his life with her bullshit. Guy looks defeated all over again. Like it's 1988.
#EndThread
#AwesomeSauce

BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter

Post by BlueHen86 »

93henfan wrote:
BlueHen86 wrote:

The point is that the liberal media, who are not very well educated on firearms or the reasons for the spike in school shootings in the past 20 years, decided to cling to the scary black gun mantra of Diane Feinstein and Chuckie Schumer and Joe Biden. That is how we got the completely superficial AWB in 1994.

Funny thing is, this latest shooting used the two weapons that they have repeatedly said are OK and that they wouldn't want to see regulated in any way: hunting weapons (shotgun) and non-semiautomatic weapons (revolver).

We who are well-educated on the subject are sitting back curiously (and I'll admit I enjoy watching them flail) watching to see how they'll spin this one.
You realize that I’m also being sarcastic.

I’m not looking to take anyone’s guns. Buy as many as you want, whatever kind you want. But it does seem to me that some of the reactions from guns rights people are just as bad as the reactions from the extreme left.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

BlueHen86 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

We who are well-educated on the subject are sitting back curiously (and I'll admit I enjoy watching them flail) watching to see how they'll spin this one.

I’m not looking to take anyone’s guns. Buy as many as you want, whatever kind you want. But it does seem to me that some of the reactions from guns rights people are just as bad as the reactions from the extreme left.
It's why we have a Constitution. Extremists can argue all day. Doesn't matter. At the end of the day, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Don't like it? All you need is 38 state legislatures to agree with you, and you can repeal it.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Require firearms them to be smart (like phones). Have them connected to GPS and if the feature fails, the firearm locks itself. Have them connected to a database where the firearm locks itself in public spaces. Don't necessarily tie a person to the firearm, but tie the firearm to a smart network.

And then phase out dumb firearms (ie. In 5 years, 20+ year-old dumb firearms become illegal; in 10 years, 15+ year-old dumb firearms become illegal, etc.). Make owning a dumb firearm a permit issue.
This is the dumbest thing I've read this week.
89Hen wrote: You beat me to it.
Same here. Even dumber than the "I'd make it a disqualification to be President if you were in the armed forces."...
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:I love the “we need to invest more in mental health care” approach

No, we don’t.

I've been saying it for years..
BDKJMU wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
So what's the answer? We all agree that tragedies like this are horrible and everyone wants them to stop, but what is the answer? What legislation has been blocked or beaten back or not even brought up that would have the ability to end tragedies like this? People like to pontificate about how bad this is (and it is) and then that certain groups (NRA for one) are to blame, and then they point to legislation that has been blocked, but even if passed still would have allowed a huge percentage of these killing sprees to happen anyway. So again, what's the answer?
Quit letting the mentally ill roam free. We used to not do that..Most of these whack jobs committing the mass shootings people know are whack jobs, but no one can do anything till they off a bunch of people... :ohno:
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... l#p1005583
BDKJMU wrote:Not let mentally ill roam free.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... l#p1018452
BDKJMU wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Beavis, it doesn't have to be a gun control law.

There are other possibilities - like improving mental health care. It's not the only one. I was asking if y'all have any ideas. Instead, you just knee-jerk with "THERE ARE ALREADY 10,000 GUN LAWS, LIBTARD!"
Agreed. Can start by institutionalizing the mentally ill like we used to as opposed to letting them roam the streets.
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... l#p1150218
BDKJMU wrote:We used to institutionalize our mentally ill, now we let them roam the steets...
http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... l#p1171600
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BlueHen86 wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I was fun watching a couple of them miss the satire of the bullets and meddling kids line. :lol:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:

And guns aren't a natural right, either. It's a right given to us by the Constitution.

Life, liberty, property.

Locke surprisingly did not point to Russia as a beacon of natural rights for its citizens. :lol:
You are a walking talking civics disaster

the right to self defense is a natural right

and again, the Constitution does not "give" us rights

Nobody is holding Russia forth as a paragon of civil rights - but it is interesting that it was the Communists who first restricted guns in Russia .... so prior to 1917 they were serfs

then they rose up and took over

and then, after using guns to throw off their royal yoke, they took the guns away

and they've been a utopia ever since

the end
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rofl:

felchy never fails to disappoint.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote:Require firearms them to be smart (like phones). Have them connected to GPS and if the feature fails, the firearm locks itself. Have them connected to a database where the firearm locks itself in public spaces. Don't necessarily tie a person to the firearm, but tie the firearm to a smart network.

And then phase out dumb firearms (ie. In 5 years, 20+ year-old dumb firearms become illegal; in 10 years, 15+ year-old dumb firearms become illegal, etc.). Make owning a dumb firearm a permit issue.
A new idea.

I can see aspects of this helping.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I can see the government switching off everyones guns or at a minimum tracking where they are before the tyrannical takeover..............no thanks

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I can see the government switching off everyones guns or at a minimum tracking where they are before the tyrannical takeover..............no thanks
Having anything you will depend on during a crisis connected to the grid is never a good thing. In the little tremor that caused alarm in DC in 2011, everyone just had to get that phone call or text out to say "did you feel that?" It crashed the cell phone network within 30 seconds. You couldn't get a call or text out for an hour.

That would be a terrific time to rob, loot, and do whatever, knowing everyone's smart gun is useless.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

How many police departments are going want to have officers carrying a side arm that a 14 year old hacker can disable???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Col Hogan wrote:How many police departments are going want to have officers carrying a side arm that a 14 year old hacker can disable???
What could go wrong
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:I can see the government switching off everyones guns or at a minimum tracking where they are before the tyrannical takeover..............no thanks
Having anything you will depend on during a crisis connected to the grid is never a good thing. In the little tremor that caused alarm in DC in 2011, everyone just had to get that phone call or text out to say "did you feel that?" It crashed the cell phone network within 30 seconds. You couldn't get a call or text out for an hour.

That would be a terrific time to rob, loot, and do whatever, knowing everyone's smart gun is useless.
Why not just develop some sort of death ray app? Charge a $1.29 for it.

(Do I have to come up with all the ideas around here? Sheesh!)
Spoiler: show
I tried to spell “sheesh”, “Jeesh” and it autocorrected to “Jewish”
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Col Hogan wrote:How many police departments are going want to have officers carrying a side arm that a 14 year old hacker can disable???
Or you know, law enforcement is exempted and get dumb firearms.

We clearly have an issue in this nation with gun deaths. It doesn't seem like 2nd amendment supporters want to compromise at all, although technology could potentially solve a lot of issues. If multi-ton machines travelling at highway speeds can reduce deaths by making them smart, firearms can get the same treatment.

You're at home? The firearm can go off. You're at a school? It can't.

Private businesses can do what they please.