Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Your Ballot

Post by Chizzang »

mainejeff wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
I absolutely hate it...
Liberal me - will be leaving this Liberal Paradise the minute it makes sense to do so
and we're getting dangerously close to that day

:nod:
Move to Oklahoma City....you'll love it there.

:coffee:
I do enjoy Oklahoma City
I've been there many times for business over the past few decades

Got a buddy named Russell Kim that lives there
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Chizzang wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
Move to Oklahoma City....you'll love it there.

I do enjoy Oklahoma City
I've been there many times for business over the past few decades

Got a buddy named Russell Kim that lives there
That son-of-a-bitch owes me money.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Local race I care most about is IL-13. Betsy Londrigan [D] trying to unseat Rodney Davis.

Rodney is a Trump lackey and I'd love to see him go down.

Usually a pretty solidly Republican district. Not much polling at all. It'll come down to turnout in urban areas.

Other races are pretty much between two shitty candidates.
IL-13? You're so close to Flaggy!
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Ibanez wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:Local race I care most about is IL-13. Betsy Londrigan [D] trying to unseat Rodney Davis.

Rodney is a Trump lackey and I'd love to see him go down.

Usually a pretty solidly Republican district. Not much polling at all. It'll come down to turnout in urban areas.

Other races are pretty much between two shitty candidates.
IL-13? You're so close to Flaggy!
I'm going over to vote for Davis. Fake ID FTW. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CAA Flagship wrote:
93henfan wrote:By the way, Ivy, I didn't annotate it, but my reason for not voting for Simpler is because of an unethical waterfowl hunt he participated in in Texas several years ago that many people don't know about. He received six citations for wanton waste, citation of migratory birds, taking geese out of season, using lead shot, exceeding bag limit, no stamp.

He left 37 dead birds on the water. Ten of the birds were canvasback hens, which are in rapid decline in Texas. Bag limit at the time was one bird.

Fuck Ken Simpler.
He killed geese. Since when is that a problem?
Rules is rules, bitch. Kill what you can eat or donate. Don't exceed limits. Don't leave dead birds in the water. Don't use lead shot. Basic common sense stuff for non-asshole waterfowl hunters.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

93henfan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: He killed geese. Since when is that a problem?
Rules is rules, bitch. Kill what you can eat or donate. Don't exceed limits. Don't leave dead birds in the water. Don't use lead shot. Basic common sense stuff for non-asshole waterfowl hunters.
Coming from you, that has double the impact. 8-) 8-) 8-)
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff wrote:I forgot about Question 1 in Maine......

"Do you want to create the Universal Home Care Program to provide home-based assistance to people with disabilities and senior citizens, regardless of income, funded by a new 3.8% tax on individuals and families with Maine wage and adjusted gross income above the amount subject to Social Security taxes, which is $128,400 in 2018?:"

https://ballotpedia.org/Maine_Question_ ... ive_(2018)

Can you guess where I come down on this? ;)
We know you hate kids... not sure how you feel about the elderly. Based on your general lack of compassion for others, I would normally think you're opposed, but since they're planning to tax the "rich", you're all in. I think they could have put just about anything before the word "funded" and you'd be for it.
Bisonfanatical
Level1
Level1

Post by Bisonfanatical »

North Dakota,

The for the first time as an independent voter I voted straight Republican party only, there is such a sense of disgust inside me over that Kavanaugh conformation circus that I voted to punish that party.

As much as 1 vote can

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Bisonfanatical wrote:North Dakota,

The for the first time as an independent voter I voted straight Republican party only, there is such a sense of disgust inside me over that Kavanaugh conformation circus that I voted to punish that party.

As much as 1 vote can Image

That is really sad since Kavanaugh was probably lying and Blasey Ford was probably telling the truth.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

89Hen wrote:
mainejeff wrote:I forgot about Question 1 in Maine......

"Do you want to create the Universal Home Care Program to provide home-based assistance to people with disabilities and senior citizens, regardless of income, funded by a new 3.8% tax on individuals and families with Maine wage and adjusted gross income above the amount subject to Social Security taxes, which is $128,400 in 2018?:"

https://ballotpedia.org/Maine_Question_ ... ive_(2018)

Can you guess where I come down on this? ;)
We know you hate kids... not sure how you feel about the elderly. Based on your general lack of compassion for others, I would normally think you're opposed, but since they're planning to tax the "rich", you're all in. I think they could have put just about anything before the word "funded" and you'd be for it.
Opposed. I hope it goes down in flames.

I don't hate kids....you do. Love the fetus....hate the child.

Go Black Bears!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mainejeff wrote:
89Hen wrote: We know you hate kids... not sure how you feel about the elderly. Based on your general lack of compassion for others, I would normally think you're opposed, but since they're planning to tax the "rich", you're all in. I think they could have put just about anything before the word "funded" and you'd be for it.
Opposed. I hope it goes down in flames.

I don't hate kids....you do. Love the fetus....hate the child.

20 years from now you're going to share dorm rooms with me and 89 in the re-education camp for that vote, Jeff.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

That is really sad since Kavanaugh was probably lying and Blasey Ford was probably telling the truth.
God damn was that a short post! Congrats, homey!! :clap:

Is there any statistical validity to it though?
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Read an interesting piece about Duverger’s law in Reason today. Winner-take-all electoral structures favor a two-party system, while third parties need proportional representation to have any hope of success. Although about 40% of Americans claim to be independents, the vast majority lean Red or Blue on a regular basis. At this rate, Libertarians and Greens will be stuck at a collective 5% of the vote for a long time.

Solution for third-party voters? Move to Italy, Belgium, or Scandinavia.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Your Ballot

Post by SeattleGriz »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:I voted entirely REPUBLICAN on my ballot
None of them have any chance at all and I want them to fight the good fight

Washington has too many wingnut liberals in office
Literally money grows on trees dingbats

:ohno:
Isn't it awful to live in a place where your vote really doesn't matter 99.9% of the time?
Yes. In all of my 14 years in the Seattle area, only one item has gone the way I voted. Weed! Lol
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ivytalk wrote:Read an interesting piece about Duverger’s law in Reason today. Winner-take-all electoral structures favor a two-party system, while third parties need proportional representation to have any hope of success. Although about 40% of Americans claim to be independents, the vast majority lean Red or Blue on a regular basis. At this rate, Libertarians and Greens will be stuck at a collective 5% of the vote for a long time.

I don't know if you listen to podcasts but there's a new episode on Freakanomics that discusses the industry of politics and how it's goal isn't to represent the people, but itself. It's a self legislating, self regulating industry which the 2 parties have complete control and stifle competition.

http://freakonomics.com/
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

mainejeff wrote:I don't hate kids....you do. Love the fetus....hate the child.

Sorry my friend, you have written history of hating kids. I on the other hand have kids, coach kids, teach kids, do charity for kids...
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

JohnStOnge wrote:That is really sad since Kavanaugh was probably lying and Blasey Ford was probably telling the truth.
:roll: Your Trump hatred is showing.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Ivytalk wrote:Read an interesting piece about Duverger’s law in Reason today. Winner-take-all electoral structures favor a two-party system, while third parties need proportional representation to have any hope of success. Although about 40% of Americans claim to be independents, the vast majority lean Red or Blue on a regular basis. At this rate, Libertarians and Greens will be stuck at a collective 5% of the vote for a long time.

I've been saying that for years here and been chastised for saying so.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Your Ballot

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote:

I don't know if you listen to podcasts but there's a new episode on Freakanomics that discusses the industry of politics and how it's goal isn't to represent the people, but itself. It's a self legislating, self regulating industry which the 2 parties have complete control and stifle competition.

Might not be the same, but a blogger I read refers to our political system as the Uniparty. Rings true when you see how nobody of importance ever runs afoul of the law.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Voted early and it was a bit of this and a bit of that. Mostly R's as that was the only choice (nobody running against them) in some of the smaller local elections.

What irked me was "independents" who put no effort in their campaign and just seemed to be running for the sake of running and expected people to vote for them because of the independent label.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

Well, in this great country "probably" isn't good enough. Yet. :tothehand:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:

Really? I hadn't noticed.... :coffee: :coffee:

In other news, the sky is blue.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Watched "The Campaign" last night. Damn that's a funny movie. :lol:

phpBB [video]
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:Watched "The Campaign" last night. Damn that's a funny movie. :lol:

phpBB [video]
yes, very funny. Galifianakis is very underrated....
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I don't know if you listen to podcasts but there's a new episode on Freakanomics that discusses the industry of politics and how it's goal isn't to represent the people, but itself. It's a self legislating, self regulating industry which the 2 parties have complete control and stifle competition.

Really? I hadn't noticed.... :coffee: :coffee:

In other news, the sky is blue.
You should listen to it. It's interesting.

Of course it's one POV and slightly liberal so...I don't expect you to listen.