andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by andy7171 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:43 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 am I'll probably just wear a mask indoors into the foreseeable future. I know at least one other who has said this too. Seems like good hygiene based of studies prior the the pandemic from Asia.

I'm picking up at restaurant now (take-out only) and 75% are wearing masks, so at least here, clearly people aren't tired of them. This area is 70+% vaccinated last time I checked.
The MAGA hat of the left. And I guarantee you 90% of those folks at that restaurant were vaxxed and voted for Biden.
But, but but, its for the greater good of the community! The Greater Good!
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Look JSO, someone with a PhD. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by SDHornet on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:35 am I'll probably just wear a mask indoors into the foreseeable future. I know at least one other who has said this too. Seems like good hygiene based of studies prior the the pandemic from Asia.

I'm picking up at restaurant now (take-out only) and 75% are wearing masks, so at least here, clearly people aren't tired of them. This area is 70+% vaccinated last time I checked.
The MAGA hat of the left. And I guarantee you 90% of those folks at that restaurant were vaxxed and voted for Biden.
I've had Covid, I've been vaxxed, and I voted for Biden.

I like the masks. Keeps me warm in winter, helps keep me healthier and from spreading anything (not just Covid), and the best part is that kinda feels like an invisibility cloak. You'd think conservatives would like not being recognized considering how much y'all bitch about privacy.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am I like the masks. Keeps me warm in winter, helps keep me healthier and from spreading anything (not just Covid), and the best part is that kinda feels like an invisibility cloak. You'd think conservatives would like not being recognized considering how much y'all bitch about privacy.
Nah, reminds us too much of Libs.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:34 am
andy7171 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:29 am I just read an article saying 85% of all COVID cases in NY state are Delta variant as the headline. Midway through the article it says 26 of 30 cases. LOL
Can the tests identify the new variant, or any variant?
No they cannot, but labs are asked to then send certain positives to other labs for sequencing where they can determine a variant and add it to the library.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Be interesting to see what happens in Sweden.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am
I've had Covid, I've been vaxxed, and I voted for Biden.

I like the masks. Keeps me warm in winter, helps keep me healthier and from spreading anything (not just Covid), and the best part is that kinda feels like an invisibility cloak. You'd think conservatives would like not being recognized considering how much y'all bitch about privacy.
Then you do you then.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

89Hen wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:07 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:02 am I like the masks. Keeps me warm in winter, helps keep me healthier and from spreading anything (not just Covid), and the best part is that kinda feels like an invisibility cloak. You'd think conservatives would like not being recognized considering how much y'all bitch about privacy.

Why is the hammer & sickle acceptable? That symbol should be given the same disdain as the swastika.

I'll wear a mask if a business requires it. I might wear it inside even without a requirement if hospitalizations/deaths go through the roof.

I think it should be concerning that Delta variant cases are spiking during summer months when I would have expected a warm weather lull.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:39 am I think it should be concerning that Delta variant cases are spiking during summer months when I would have expected a warm weather lull.
It could be because people are just less careful..........and more stupid.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:39 am

Why is the hammer & sickle acceptable? That symbol should be given the same disdain as the swastika.

I'll wear a mask if a business requires it. I might wear it inside even without a requirement if hospitalizations/deaths go through the roof.

I think it should be concerning that Delta variant cases are spiking during summer months when I would have expected a warm weather lull.
Well put, you old virtue-signaler! :clap:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Remember when conservatives used to pride themselves on being socially responsible?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I wear a mask if its required at work or in businesses.

We de-masked at main State a while back (everyone in the building was vaxxed) but there’s a possibility we may mask up again

If my grocery store starts requiring masks again then I’ll do that too. I *could* find a grocery that doesnt require them but at the end of the day I just want to get my shit and go home.

On my own outdoors I never wear one, and I don’t like people very much so Ive always been a distancer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

CID1990 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm I wear a mask if its required at work or in businesses.

We de-masked at main State a while back (everyone in the building was vaxxed) but there’s a possibility we may mask up again

If my grocery store starts requiring masks again then I’ll do that too. I *could* find a grocery that doesnt require them but at the end of the day I just want to get my shit and go home.

On my own outdoors I never wear one, and I don’t like people very much so Ive always been a distancer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. That's not true.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:22 am Be interesting to see what happens in Sweden.

Sweden has a similar population to Montana, Montana's 7 day average is 1.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:22 am Be interesting to see what happens in Sweden.

:suspicious:

Sweden - 10+ million people
Montana - 1+ million people
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:34 pm

I Montanan = 10 Swedes
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:50 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:44 pm

I Montanan = 10 Swedes
I thought Montanans were healthy, outdoorsy types. I had no idea obesity was that big of a problem there. ;)
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:41 pm

I Montanan = 10 Swedes
I thought Montanans were healthy, outdoorsy types. I had no idea obesity was that big of a problem there. ;)
Obesity is a problem there, but it's low on the list. Alcoholism and bad pizza are higher on the list. :coffee:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I Montanan = 10 Swedes
Who cares about a decimal point when you are grilling. My bad. Lol
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:02 pm
Obesity is a problem there, but it's low on the list. Alcoholism and bad pizza are higher on the list. :coffee:
How else is 1 Montanan the size of 10 Swedes?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I thought the guy, Gordan Chang, was sensationalizing the breakthrough cases when he said that his doctor friends were telling him that 50-60% of their COVID positive patients were previously vaccinated - I even said so about 20 pages ago, but it's looking more and more like he was correct.

Now we see why Biden had to "correct" the Pfizer CEO when he mentioned they were getting ready for a booster for Delta.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:56 am I thought the guy, Gordan Chang, was sensationalizing the breakthrough cases when he said that his doctor friends were telling him that 50-60% of their COVID positive patients were previously vaccinated - I even said so about 20 pages ago, but it's looking more and more like he was correct.

Now we see why Biden had to "correct" the Pfizer CEO when he mentioned they were getting ready for a booster for Delta.
Well if rando Gordon Chang’s friends are saying it, it must be true! :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Shocker...conservatives and red states aren’t pulling their own weight...

It’s time for those who willfully refuse the vaccine to hide in their homes and let the rest of us get on with our normal lives.

It’s all about the freedom!

“In April, people in counties that Joe Biden won in 2020 were two points more likely to be fully vaccinated than people in counties that Donald Trump won: 22.8 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties; 20.6 percent were fully vaccinated in Trump counties. By early July, the vaccination gap had widened to almost 12 points: 46.7 percent were fully vaccinated in Biden counties, 35 percent in Trump counties. When pollsters ask about vaccine intentions, they record a 30-point gap: 88 percent of Democrats, but only 54 percent of Republicans, want to be vaccinated as soon as possible. All told, Trump support predicts a state’s vaccine refusal better than average income or education level...

Pro-Trump vaccine resistance exacts a harsh cost from pro-Trump loyalists. We read pitiful story after pitiful story of deluded and deceived people getting sick when they did not have to get sick, infecting their loved ones, being intubated, and dying. And as these loyalists harm themselves and expose all of us to unnecessary and preventable risk, publications—including this one—have run articles sympathetically explaining the recalcitrance of the unvaccinated. These tales are 2021’s version of the Trump safaris of 2017, when journalists traveled through the Midwest to seek enlightenment in diners and gas stations...

Compassion should always be the first reaction to vaccine hesitation. Maybe some unvaccinated people have trouble getting time off work to deal with side effects, maybe they are disorganized, maybe they are just irrationally anxious. But there’s no getting around the truth that some considerable number of the unvaccinated are also behaving willfully and spitefully. Yes, they have been deceived and manipulated by garbage TV, toxic Facebook content, and craven or crazy politicians. But these are the same people who keep talking about “personal responsibility.” In the end, the unvaccinated person himself or herself has decided to inflict a preventable and unjustifiable harm upon family, friends, neighbors, community, country, and planet.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... BEYxFepj5Y