BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Debt Limit

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:37 pm
GannonFan wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:24 pm Democrats hold a lot of blame here. When you say for 10 months that you're going to pass a $3.5T (closer to $5T) spending plan and that the GOP can go blow chunks because they don't need them and will pass it through reconciliation, it's crocodile tears to then turn around and expect the opposing party to join hands and sing a bipartisan hosanna when it comes time for the debt limit increase. Pandering to the party extremes rather than working to create bipartisanship creates situations like these. For a party with such slim majorities the Dems have played it like they hold a supermajority, and as a result, coupled with Biden's mental deterioration at the top, will see the Dems as the minority in at least one chamber of Congress after 2022. Politics is a strange game.
I don't think the Democrats share any of the blame on this at all. My understanding is that what we are talking about here is paying debts that have already been incurred. Also, Republicans have been fine with telling the Democrats that they can blow chunks in recent years. This is serious. I have got to believe that it won't happen. But opposing raising the debt limit right now is TOTALLY irresponsible. Doing this is just one more indication that the Republican Party is completely whacked.

I spent most of my life opposing the Democratic Party as the greater of two evils. But things have clearly changed. The Republican Party really needs to be eliminated as a factor. It's bad.
-Donks control the House, the Senate, and WH, so they own it.
-Over 1/3 of this spending is discretionary.
-The donks are talking about raising the debt limit AT THE SAME TIME time they are talking about blowing the doors the debt off with close to 5 trillion of new spending on top of close to 6 trillion we just had for the China Virus. You can’t make this shit up.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:41 am Maybe Democrats should just shut up and #DoTheirJob

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

You're forgetting the first rule of politicians...Do as I say, Not as I do.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:44 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:37 pm

I don't think the Democrats share any of the blame on this at all. My understanding is that what we are talking about here is paying debts that have already been incurred. Also, Republicans have been fine with telling the Democrats that they can blow chunks in recent years. This is serious. I have got to believe that it won't happen. But opposing raising the debt limit right now is TOTALLY irresponsible. Doing this is just one more indication that the Republican Party is completely whacked.

I spent most of my life opposing the Democratic Party as the greater of two evils. But things have clearly changed. The Republican Party really needs to be eliminated as a factor. It's bad.
-Donks control the House, the Senate, and WH, so they own it.
-The donks are talking about raising the debt limit AT THE SAME TIME time they are talking about blowing the doors the debt off with close to 5 trillion of new spending on top of close to 6 trillion we just had for the China Virus. You can’t make this shit up.
Yeah - anyone trying to say the Democrats have no part in this is on another friggin planet. Some choad acquaintance of a friend of mine tried to tell me how our spending has zero relation to our debt or borrowing behavior.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

That's not to say the Republican's aren't blameless. It's still their country, they are still elected officials and SHOULD be putting the country ahead of politics and work with the Dems to find a solution. Them sitting back and doing nothing doesn't absolve them of their responsibilities.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Ibanez wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:44 am -Donks control the House, the Senate, and WH, so they own it.
Some choad acquaintance of a friend of mine tried to tell me how our spending has zero relation to our debt or borrowing behavior.
^^^^ that right there is what is scary... few Americans actually understand the relationship - and it is why Congress is continually motivated to spend money in such a profligate manner. And then the critters go back to their districts and crow about what they did

There is some organization that does a scorecard for charitable organizations and how much of the money they actually take in gets on target. I wish they would rank the USG in there. It would for sure rank below most televangelists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:40 am
Ibanez wrote: Some choad acquaintance of a friend of mine tried to tell me how our spending has zero relation to our debt or borrowing behavior.
^^^^ that right there is what is scary... few Americans actually understand the relationship - and it is why Congress is continually motivated to spend money in such a profligate manner. And then the critters go back to their districts and crow about what they did

There is some organization that does a scorecard for charitable organizations and how much of the money they actually take in gets on target. I wish they would rank the USG in there. It would for sure rank below most televangelists

What's scarier is that he's a lawyer who has run for public office before. Thankfully he's never won. :o :o
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

andy7171 wrote:I'd love to hear JSO give his take on the Human Infrastructure proposal.
Hell, I’d just like him to issue a ruling on whether Biden was a) lying or b) senile when he said the generals never recommended he keep some troops in Afghanistan.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:58 am
andy7171 wrote:I'd love to hear JSO give his take on the Human Infrastructure proposal.
Hell, I’d just like him to issue a ruling on whether Biden was a) lying or b) senile when he said the generals never recommended he keep some troops in Afghanistan.

He could've been tripping ball sacks and thought he was talking to gummy bears.

Or Care Bears! :shock:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

"not that I recall" was his saving grace. Slick Willy strikes again.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 am
DSUrocks07 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:41 am Maybe Democrats should just shut up and #DoTheirJob

You're forgetting the first rule of politicians...Do as I say, Not as I do.
OR, the first quote is Russian disinformation.
Last edited by andy7171 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

Anyone remember the days of AGS when entire strings of quotes would be captured? I was borderline worried the DSU image wouldn't carry over.

:lol:
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

andy7171 wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:17 am You're forgetting the first rule of politicians...Do as I say, Not as I do.
OR, the second quote is Russian disinformation.

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

andy7171 wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:58 am Hell, I’d just like him to issue a ruling on whether Biden was a) lying or b) senile when he said the generals never recommended he keep some troops in Afghanistan.

So .... senile.

CENTCOM commander said explicitly that Biden listened closely to the recommendations

Maybe he was thinking about dog faces and pony soldiers or maybe hoping for a rewarding bowel movement

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:17 am
andy7171 wrote:
So .... senile.

CENTCOM commander said explicitly that Biden listened closely to the recommendations

Maybe he was thinking about dog faces and pony soldiers or maybe hoping for a rewarding bowel movement

Do you know what the best part of Alzheimer's is?

Spoiler: show
Every day, you meet someone new.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:33 am
So .... senile.

Do you know what the best part of Alzheimer's is?

Spoiler: show
Every day, you meet someone new.
Ha! Good one! :D

I guess JSO will never get Alzheimer’s, then.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

andy7171 wrote:
So .... senile.

BUT, will JSO agree with you? It's a clear defined choice, he's senile or lying.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 am
So .... senile.

BUT, will JSO agree with you? It's a clear defined choice, he's senile or lying.
No it isn't, there are three choices. He could be senile and lying. :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:53 am
andy7171 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:44 am

No it isn't, there are three choices. He could be senile and lying. :D
He won't like that one either.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

andy7171 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:14 am

Well also according to Biden, and Little Red Lying Hood, the advice was ‘split’, which would contradict the ‘I don’t recall’.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Racist! Making the white power symbol.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

The debt limit could be raised through reconciliation without a single conk vote. Bit since reconciliation can be only used 1 time oer year, the donks coulsn’t then use it to pay for their 3.5 trillion monstrosity.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:12 pm
andy7171 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:14 am

Well also according to Biden, and Little Red Lying Hood, the advice was ‘split’, which would contradict the ‘I don’t recall’.
I think Biden has gotten away from the talking points.

And don't get down on the Redhead...she's going to spin just like ever other press secretary. Name me one press secretary who didn't lie. I'll wait. Let's not forget Alternative Facts, the Bowling Green Massacre (advisor, not press secretary but still...)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:22 pm

And don't get down on the Redhead...she's going to spin just like ever other press secretary. Name me one press secretary who didn't lie. I'll wait. Let's not forget Alternative Facts, the Bowling Green Massacre (advisor, not press secretary but still...)
She has taken it to a new level beyond what any donk or conk press secretary in the past has.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:37 pm

She has taken it to a new level beyond what any donk or conk press secretary in the past has.
Not really. It's their job.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

This babe is in a league of her own: she lies, she knows she’s lying, the press knows she knows she’s lying, she evades questions, and she gets away with it. I’ve seen some pretty good press secretaries from both parties: Pierre Salinger, Ron Nessen, DeeDee Myers, Tony Snow. They all protect their bosses, but they have to provide sufficient accurate information to generate credibility with the press corps. Psaki flunks on all counts.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.