The Ukraine Crisis

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:59 pm Hard to have sympathy for the common Russiam people when you see this at a Putin rally in Moscow today:

Those picture remind me of something, I can't quite put my finger on it ... :coffee:
Last edited by UNI88 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

If I have to pick between Biden and Putin I'm going with Vlad every single time. Biden lied and screwed us for decades
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:16 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:59 pm Hard to have sympathy for the common Russiam people when you see this at a Putin rally in Moscow today:

Those picture remind me of something, I can't quite put my finger on it ... :coffee:
Someone being popular doesn’t automatically make them Satan. That happens when you invade a sovereign nation.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:26 pm If I have to pick between Biden and Putin I'm going with Vlad every single time. Biden lied and screwed us for decades
That’s a bold statement, Cotton.

I’ll personally take a centrist, possibly corrupt, neoliberal in a broken system over a murdering fascist leader of a totalitarian state all day and every day.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:53 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:26 pm If I have to pick between Biden and Putin I'm going with Vlad every single time. Biden lied and screwed us for decades

I’ll personally take a centrist, possibly corrupt, neoliberal in a broken system over a murdering fascist leader of a totalitarian state all day and every day.
Yeah, have to agree with kalm on this one.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:52 pm

Someone being popular doesn’t automatically make them Satan. That happens when you invade a sovereign nation.
Yeah, have to agree with Z on this one.

A bit like kalm's post on the "Russian Hannity". Sounds good on TikTok, but not in reality.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:16 pm Those picture remind me of something, I can't quite put my finger on it ... :coffee:
I don't think Trump is Satan but he is a narcissistic egomaniac who gets off on rallies like that. The irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:00 pm

I assume you think similarly about the Putin sympathizers here. :coffee:

"Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? I'm serious. Why shouldn't I root for Russia? Which, by the way, I am." - Tucker Carlson
And when did Tucker say that? I’ll give you a hint. It wasn’t in 2022, or 2021, or 2020….
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Bobcat
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Doesn't surprise me. Im guessing your a younger guy from your posts and its not surprising you would side with a weak guy. Most of you do in my opinion because you cant relate to a real man. Its your right and to each their own
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:59 pm

Doesn't surprise me. I’m guessing you’re a younger guy from your posts. It’s not surprising you would side with a weak guy. Most of you do, in my opinion, because you can’t relate to a real man. :rofl: It’s your right, and to each his own.
Gosh, you write like Marjorie Taylor Greene. Come to think of it, you probably ARE Marjorie Taylor Greene. FYstupidP.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:59 pm

Doesn't surprise me. Im guessing your a younger guy from your posts and its not surprising you would side with a weak guy. Most of you do in my opinion because you cant relate to a real man. Its your right and to each their own
What’s your definition of young? I’m 51. I feel much closer to 81 than 31 physically and psychologically.

How old are you?

How do you define “real man”? Please provide further examples.

Personally, I try and (guardedly) relate to all types. That’s called being human.

There is more to strength than sociopathic power over others.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Patron the Jack Russell. Reportedly likes cheese and finding Russian mines.

Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
I don't think Trump is Satan but he is a narcissistic egomaniac who gets off on rallies like that. The irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich.

Comparing those two and their rallies is like comparing oil and water. Nobody is getting their head chopped off if they don’t attend Trump’s rallies. They’re there because they truly WANT to be there.

Seems like you’re being very “klammy” and obtuse on this particular point.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:

On the surface, very similar to Trump rallies. And both sets of attendees are there because of the majority of media messaging they are fed. But one group is in agreement with the messaging, the other is not. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:20 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm I don't think Trump is Satan but he is a narcissistic egomaniac who gets off on rallies like that. The irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich.

Comparing those two and their rallies is like comparing oil and water. Nobody is getting their head chopped off if they don’t attend Trump’s rallies. They’re there because they truly WANT to be there.

So we have a stronger system. Hard to know for sure what a man is capable of.

Are we not to believe Trump’s praise of Putin?
Last edited by kalm on Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

CAA Flagship wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:00 pm I don't think Trump is Satan but he is a narcissistic egomaniac who gets off on rallies like that. The irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich.

On the surface, very similar to Trump rallies. And both sets of attendees are there because of the majority of media messaging they are fed. But one group is in agreement with the messaging, the other is not. :coffee:
As in Putin attendees are sheeple and Trump attendees are free thinkers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Apparently Putin fired one of his hypersonic missiles to take out a weapons depot. Guy who posted it was saying Putin did it to warn NATO.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:52 am
AZGrizFan wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:20 am

So we have a stronger system. Hard to know for sure what a man is capable of.

Are we not to believe Trump’s praise of Putin?
And we knew EXACTLY what Biden was capable of….and yet here we are. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

AZGrizFan wrote:

So one isn't as extreme as the other. Doesn't mean there aren't similarities despite attempts to deflect.

Take a look at Pwns response - that was well played.

And none of the deflections reduce the "irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich."

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote:
kalm wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:53 pm That’s a bold statement, Cotton.

Real men aren't bullies, which Putin is. Real men also don't sexually assault women, stiff their subcontractors, etc. The closest thing to a "real man" who ran in 2020 was Jo Jorgensen.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:24 am
Bobcat wrote: Doesn't surprise me. Im guessing your a younger guy from your posts and its not surprising you would side with a weak guy. Most of you do in my opinion because you cant relate to a real man. Its your right and to each their own
Real men aren't bullies, which Putin is. Real men also don't sexually assault women, stiff their subcontractors, etc. The closest thing to a "real man" who ran in 2020 was Jo Jorgensen.

And I’m not sure Jo would like that analogy.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:28 am Apparently Putin fired one of his hypersonic missiles to take out a weapons depot. Guy who posted it was saying Putin did it to warn NATO.
Sucks Trump had us working on hydrosonic missiles. :ohno:

Trump keeps confusing the name of new hard-to-kill missiles the US military is working on with a toothbrush
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-k ... es-2020-10
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:21 am
AZGrizFan wrote:

So one isn't as extreme as the other. Doesn't mean there aren't similarities despite attempts to deflect.

Take a look at Pwns response - that was well played.

And none of the deflections reduce the "irony of a MAGAt criticizing a Putin rally is rich."

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with rallies. The primary difference being those at a Putin rally are more than likely there at gunpoint. But that’s ok if you don’t see the difference….
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:53 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:43 am

Displaying a flag upside down is an international symbol of distress.

you're welcome. :coffee:
Don't you also need to tie a knot in the center of the flag for it to be an international symbol of distress?

No. And it may not be the same for other nation's flags, but the Flag Code says upside down is only for dire emergency.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky