Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:35 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:45 pm

You'd think they would be making some sort of progress if that were true. :coffee:
They are. It's called demilitarize and denazify Ukraine, and while at it, NATO as well.

Sure are lots of poor EU nations that are out of supplies.
Sure, whatever you say Russia-bot. And yet, Russia seems unable to even take all the ground that they've arbitrarily declared Russian soil, appear to be making no real progress in the war, and at the end of this, with whatever Ukraine still is after this invasion, Russia will now have NATO allies completely up and down their western border. Russia can play with the Ukrainian electrical grid and bombard civilian locations far from the front lines, but it's clear as day that things haven't gone as Russia would've liked in the Ukraine and Russia is still struggling to adapt to that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

We should make a deal with China, Turkey, Europe, Ukraine, and some of the -stan nations...and just invade Russia and partition it.

We can probably get countries on board for a massive land grab if everyone gets something.

Strike Russia while it's weak. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am

They are. It's called demilitarize and denazify Ukraine, and while at it, NATO as well.

Sure, whatever you say Russia-bot. And yet, Russia seems unable to even take all the ground that they've arbitrarily declared Russian soil, appear to be making no real progress in the war, and at the end of this, with whatever Ukraine still is after this invasion, Russia will now have NATO allies completely up and down their western border. Russia can play with the Ukrainian electrical grid and bombard civilian locations far from the front lines, but it's clear as day that things haven't gone as Russia would've liked in the Ukraine and Russia is still struggling to adapt to that.
So, if Russia launches a big offensive when the ground freezes, like I've been saying, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by the media?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:45 pm
You'd think they would be making some sort of progress if that were true. :coffee:

Who is going to denazify Russia?

And what about the Palouse? We can't forget about the Palouse. Who is going to denazify the Palouse? :D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am

And what about the Palouse? We can't forget about the Palouse. Who is going to denazify the Palouse? :D
It’s just the N. Idaho side of the Palouse.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:44 am
GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:50 am

So, if Russia launches a big offensive when the ground freezes, like I've been saying, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by the media?
You've been lying to us as well since this thing began. For all of your banter about the media, you're just as inaccurate. You still don't think this is a power/grab, you still think Russia is more than justified to be doing whatever it is they're doing, and you think things have been going exactly to plan for the Russians. There's a reason people think you're a bot, it's because you've been acting like one. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:26 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am

It’s just the N. Idaho side of the Palouse.
I think I mentioned this on here before, but back in the day when I used to help organize and run our yearly, local Missoula bicycle race, we would purchase the mailing list of all the regional licensed cyclists to send them invitations.

Anyway, we were putting personal notes on each flyer and my bud kept putting, "If you're a skinhead, don't come to our race" on all the Hayden Lake addresses!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:39 am

You've been lying to us as well since this thing began. For all of your banter about the media, you're just as inaccurate. You still don't think this is a power/grab, you still think Russia is more than justified to be doing whatever it is they're doing, and you think things have been going exactly to plan for the Russians. There's a reason people think you're a bot, it's because you've been acting like one. :coffee:
:rofl:

Anyway, I haven't been inaccurate because I'm not going out on a limb, but stating the obvious. Russia has the advantage of being on their border against a Ukraine that unfortunately doesn't have the same level of fighting capabilities.

I also supplied many diplomats opinions that the US has been pushing this since the Soviet Union broke up. Even Crimea.

I've said it many times. I love my country. I love the people of the United States. I wish the rest of the World could enjoy feeling safe in providing for their family like here in the States.

I just do not believe our government is doing a good job of spreading our "version" of living.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

You didn't answer the question by the way. Just threw out some bullshit line.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:33 am
So, if Russia's big offensive flops or Ukraine continues to hold the line and even push them back, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by YOUR media? Or are you going to buy the Putin sycophants' bullsh!t reasons why it's all part of the plan?

Ukraine is Rocky and Russia, appropriately enough, is Ivan Drago in this one. We'll see if Ukraine can weather the storm long enough for Russia to run out of the will and supplies to fight. For an invasion that was supposed to be over in days or weeks, they've done a pretty good job so far.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:41 am

So, if Russia's big offensive flops or Ukraine continues to hold the line and even push them back, are you going to start realizing you've been lied to by YOUR media? Or are you going to buy the Putin sycophants' bullsh!t reasons why it's all part of the plan?

Ukraine is Rocky and Russia, appropriately enough, is Ivan Drago in this one. We'll see if Ukraine can weather the storm long enough for Russia to run out of the will and supplies to fight. For an invasion that was supposed to be over in days or weeks, they've done a pretty good job so far.
Yes. It's due or die time in regards to what is happening. Either Russia goes in to try and end this, or Ukraine ends up a mess forever. A mess forever says I'm wrong.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I will say I'm conflicted on how Putin will proceed. Show restraint and it bolsters your international law claims, or go nuts and end it, as the government has approved the "War on Terror", just like the US.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:54 am

I will say I'm conflicted on how Putin will proceed. Show restraint and it bolsters your international law claims, or go nuts and end it, as the government has approved the "War on Terror", just like the US.
I'm not sure if comparing this to the War on Terror is :rofl: or :dunce: .
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:54 am

You don't get it.

Putin went through his parliament and got approval for a "war on terror", just like the US. Russia now gets to say attacks on their lands are terror attacks. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sucks to see rules based used against the US.

Once again. Idiots at the helm, but you just keep supporting.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:49 am Still don't understand the fetish for Russia by some Americans.
It all boils down to "owning the libs."

...and/or Christianity's fight against the woke Satanists.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:15 pm
∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:49 am Still don't understand the fetish for Russia by some Americans.
It all boils down to "owning the libs."

...and/or Christianity's fight against the woke Satanists.
:rofl: Jesus H.

Welcome back.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Imagine thinking things had gone to plan for Russia over the last 8... 9... 10 months (and counting). And imagine digging and entrenching with that narrative, harder and harder with each successive defeat.

But hey, critical thinking is overrated.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 pm Imagine thinking things had gone to plan for Russia over the last 8... 9... 10 months (and counting). And imagine digging and entrenching with that narrative, harder and harder with each successive defeat.

So, what's it take for you to say, "I was misled"?

Gannon Fan is too chicken to reply. You should want to show your knowledge here.

Your Ukraine plan moving forward?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:30 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:16 am

Then why did they shut down the peace talks?
That proves Ukraine is not America's proxy. America asked for peace talks and Ukraine said no; proxies don't make final shots.

As personal opinion, I agree with Ukraine. Russia shouldn't be allowed to take free nations and get what they want through talks. If Ukraine has the fight in them and/or the continued support of the international community, they should take back all their land.
Hey bro! Good to see you out voicing your opinion.

The conflict resolution was one that the UK squelched back around April area. A real black eye in management.

Anywho. Good to see you chiming in.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:54 pm
Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:39 pm Imagine thinking things had gone to plan for Russia over the last 8... 9... 10 months (and counting). And imagine digging and entrenching with that narrative, harder and harder with each successive defeat.

Gannon Fan is too chicken to reply. You should want to show your knowledge here.

Huh? You have more lies to spread? Russia doesn't have international law on their side. There's no rules-based theory that justifies them unprovokingly attacking another sovereign country, holding sham elections in areas of land they stole after they killed off or drove off much of the population that had lived there, and then claiming those areas as now part of your own country. International law says exactly the opposite of that. And nothing we did in Iraq or Afghanistan compare at all to what Russia has now done in Ukraine. Every setback Russia has experienced in this war has been explained away by you as part of the master plan. They meant to be turned away from Kiev. They meant to run out of personnel and needed to install a not-well-received draft of a couple hundred thousand more cannon fodder. They meant to let Ukraine take back territory they just claimed as part of Mother Russia. You won't ever think you're wrong because that would imply that you're thinking critically, which clearly you are not doing. You're a bot, and not a particularly good one. :coffee:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

How about some winning? Like some sort of operational success. That's the only way to silence the critics, right? And Russia hasn't had much of a win since their scorched Earth campaign crawl through the Donbas. If you can even call that a win. Imagine we plodded forward in Iraq by turning the desert into glass for a few months. That would have gone over real well.

Plan? Lets start with long range missiles to strike the bases in Russia. Key word: bases. As opposed to indiscriminate attacks against anything and everything. We'll let Russia keep a monopoly on that tactic.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm
UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:00 pm
You don't get it.

Putin went through his parliament and got approval for a "war on terror", just like the US. Russia now gets to say attacks on their lands are terror attacks. Just like Iraq and Afghanistan.

Just like the US? How? The US built international consensus before it invaded Afghanistan.

Where is Russia's international consensus? There isn't one. They're becoming a pariah state like North Korea.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:11 pm

Huh? You have more lies to spread? Russia doesn't have international law on their side. There's no rules-based theory that justifies them unprovokingly attacking another sovereign country, holding sham elections in areas of land they stole after they killed off or drove off much of the population that had lived there, and then claiming those areas as now part of your own country. International law says exactly the opposite of that. And nothing we did in Iraq or Afghanistan compare at all to what Russia has now done in Ukraine. Every setback Russia has experienced in this war has been explained away by you as part of the master plan. They meant to be turned away from Kiev. They meant to run out of personnel and needed to install a not-well-received draft of a couple hundred thousand more cannon fodder. They meant to let Ukraine take back territory they just claimed as part of Mother Russia. You won't ever think you're wrong because that would imply that you're thinking critically, which clearly you are not doing. You're a bot, and not a particularly good one. :coffee:
:lol: Youve got nothing but rhetoric and it shows in your word salad "canned response". :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Silenoz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:27 pm

How about some winning? Like some sort of operational success. That's the only way to silence the critics, right? And Russia hasn't had much of a win since their scorched Earth campaign crawl through the Donbas. If you can even call that a win. Imagine we plodded forward in Iraq by turning the desert into glass for a few months. That would have gone over real well.

Plan? Lets start with long range missiles to strike the bases in Russia. Key word: bases. As opposed to indiscriminate attacks against anything and everything. We'll let Russia keep a monopoly on that tactic.
:lol: You bet. Russia has only gained how much territory while outmanned 3:1.

Once again. You and Gannon Fan need a refresher on the SMO aspect.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:48 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm

You don't get it.

Just like the US? How? The US built international consensus before it invaded Afghanistan.

Where is Russia's international consensus? There isn't one. They're becoming a pariah state like North Korea.
It doesn't matter. Russia now gets to protect their borders like the US does when it claims terrorism.

The movie "Team America" should tell you a little about how that works.
Dirka dirka