Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

An Example of the Real Threat to Capitalism and Freedom

Post by kalm »

Consolidation of power, monopolistic practices, government capture. Most of our complaints can be placed here. From Palestine, OH to woke culture, to the national debt.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: An Example of the Real Threat to Capitalism and Freedom

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:13 am Consolidation of power, monopolistic practices, government capture. Most of our complaints can be placed here. From Palestine, OH to woke culture, to the national debt.

Agreed. Many people don't realize there are something like six major companies involved in our food chain as well.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:18 am
kalm wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:13 am Consolidation of power, monopolistic practices, government capture. Most of our complaints can be placed here. From Palestine, OH to woke culture, to the national debt.

Agreed. Many people don't realize there are something like six major companies involved in our food chain as well.

True facts, but some of that has to do with things like small companies not being able to fill-military size orders in a timely fashion for things like high-speed aviation tape by the mile or prop-wash by the acre-foot or 40,000 left-handed torque wrenchs.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

These companies hate the best aspects of capitalism and love its worse aspects.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.