Well….it was nice knowin’ you fellers.

bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by bobbythekidd »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:48 am Well….it was nice knowin’ you fellers.

This guy actually put "anti disinfo" as a description of himself.

The gulf between these folks and the real world is getting so much farther apart.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:19 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:48 am Well….it was nice knowin’ you fellers.

The gulf between these folks and the real world is getting so much farther apart.
I think Jim was pointing out that Gina was nuts. But your point stands.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!

Post by bobbythekidd »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:02 pm
bobbythekidd wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:19 pm

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
So is it just me that is now on 12G or did everyone get it?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

bobbythekidd wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:02 pm

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
So is it just me that is now on 12G or did everyone get it?
I now have direct comms though my ear brain to Soros, Fauci, and Gates.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

I’m old enough to remember when vaccines were for things that actually killed you

The entire population didn’t need this vaccine or whatever they’re calling it now

Big scam
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:05 am I’m old enough to remember when vaccines were for things that actually killed you

The entire population didn’t need this vaccine or whatever they’re calling it now

Big scam
I’m old enough to remember when vaccines weren’t all that political or a big deal. It at least slowed down exponential spread. But covid did kill over a million Americans. Many of them relatively healthy with years ahead of them.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:01 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:05 am I’m old enough to remember when vaccines were for things that actually killed you

Big scam
I’m old enough to remember when vaccines weren’t all that political or a big deal. It at least slowed down exponential spread. But covid did kill over a million Americans. Many of them relatively healthy with years ahead of them.
Over a million Americans died WITH Covid..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am

What percentage of those over a million Americans:
a) actually died from Covid?
b) died because the combination of Covid and pre-existing conditions?
c) died of another cause while they had Covid? i.e. the motorcycle accident example.

The people in a & b were killed by Covid. I would guess that it's a substantial majority of the million+.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Big scam
Yes see my post again, they weren’t a big deal because you actually needed them …. Big difference

I was in a NYC hospital when the COVID hysteria was at it’s highest, the media was reporting all the beds were full and it was all a lie, Hospital was a ghost town
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:20 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:48 am
What percentage of those over a million Americans:
a) actually died from Covid?
b) died because the combination of Covid and pre-existing conditions?
c) died of another cause while they had Covid? i.e. the motorcycle accident example.
d) were diagnosed with Covid due to faulty testing
The people in a & b were killed by Covid. I would guess that it's a substantial majority of the million+.
Updated your post.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Big scam
Yes, and the Democrats politicized the vaccines before anyone when Cuomo, Insley, VP Harris and POTUS Biden cast doubt on the safety of the vaccines.

Also, you cannot claim the vaccines slowed exponential spread. Just look at all the other countries without the vaccines. They did not suffer from "exponential spread" as you claim. If they had, you can damn well bet you'd have been using that as a talking point. Plus, you can't accurately quantify that statement.

Lastly, here are the latest IFR's for Covid:
The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0–19 years, 0.002% at 20–29 years, 0.011% at 30–39 years, 0.035% at 40–49 years, 0.123% at 50–59 years, and 0.506% at 60–69 years.
Facts.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:56 pm

Yes, and the Democrats politicized the vaccines before anyone when Cuomo, Insley, VP Harris and POTUS Biden cast doubt on the safety of the vaccines.

Also, you cannot claim the vaccines slowed exponential spread. Just look at all the other countries without the vaccines. They did not suffer from "exponential spread" as you claim. If they had, you can damn well bet you'd have been using that as a talking point. Plus, you can't accurately quantify that statement.

The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0–19 years, 0.002% at 20–29 years, 0.011% at 30–39 years, 0.035% at 40–49 years, 0.123% at 50–59 years , and 0.506% at 60–69 years.
Facts.
Are there breakthrough cases? Sure. Is the vaccine 100% effective? No.

Vaccines lessen symptoms, lower viral load, and yes reduce spread. There are numerous studies confirming this.

Like climate change, Jan 6th, and UKR. You will continue to be proven incorrect here as well.

Keep on being you.

:thumb: :lol:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:22 am

Facts.

Vaccines lessen symptoms, lower viral load, and yes reduce spread. There are numerous studies confirming this.

Like climate change, Jan 6th, and UKR. You will continue to be proven incorrect here as well.

Keep on being you.

For how long do they do all you claim?

The issue is, you need to be "told" what the vaccines do instead of reading the scientific data and actually understand what it is telling you.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:25 am

Keep on being you.

The issue is, you need to be "told" what the vaccines do instead of reading the scientific data and actually understand what it is telling you.
We must be reading different scientific data.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:28 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:25 am

By the way you present yourself on the topic, I can guarantee you're not understanding, nor reading ANY data.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:32 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:28 am

By the way you present yourself on the topic, I can guarantee you're not understanding, nor reading ANY data.
I don’t need to break it down very far. That’s what actual experts provide in summary. I’m not a scientist or a virologist. Neither are you. I just tend to pay more attention
the vast majority of real ones on the ground, doing the work. Similar to global warming, Trump criminality, and Ukraine.

BTW, my wife’s Doc is masking up again for patients. She got her booster and flu shots this week. I get them next week. Science and medicine are cool.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Facts.

Keep on being you.

Here are the 10 biggest falsehoods—known for years to be false, not recently learned or proven to be so—promoted by America’s public health leaders, elected and unelected officials, and now-discredited academics:

SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus has a far higher fatality rate than the flu by several orders of magnitude.

Everyone is at significant risk to die from this virus.
No one has any immunological protection, because this virus is completely new.

Asymptomatic people are major drivers of the spread.

Locking down—closing schools and businesses, confining people to their homes, stopping non-COVID medical care, and eliminating travel—will stop or eliminate the virus.

Masks will protect everyone and stop the spread.

The virus is known to be naturally occurring, and claiming it originated in a lab is a conspiracy theory.

Teachers are at especially high risk.

COVID vaccines stop the spread of the infection.
Immune protection only comes from a vaccine.

https://www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=14446
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:04 am

Keep on being you.

Here are the 10 biggest falsehoods—known for years to be false, not recently learned or proven to be so—promoted by America’s public health leaders, elected and unelected officials, and now-discredited academics:

SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus has a far higher fatality rate than the flu by several orders of magnitude.

Locking down—closing schools and businesses, confining people to their homes, stopping non-COVID medical care, and eliminating travel—will stop or eliminate the virus.

The virus is known to be naturally occurring, and claiming it originated in a lab is a conspiracy theory.

Yawn.

The very first point is technically incorrect and when considered with rate of infection is incorrect in general. Should I even bother with the rest? Probably not.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2803749
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:43 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:32 am

I don’t need to break it down very far. That’s what actual experts provide in summary. I’m not a scientist or a virologist. Neither are you. I just tend to pay more attention
the vast majority of real ones on the ground, doing the work. Similar to global warming, Trump criminality, and Ukraine.

BTW, my wife’s Doc is masking up again for patients. She got her booster and flu shots this week. I get them next week. Science and medicine are cool.
:rofl: At your claims. You don't understand data, so you go with the summary. Here's a perfect example and something StOnge does when he reads the summary.

Tons of studies have been posted on this thread showing the negative effectiveness of the vaccine after a couple weeks, meaning a vaccinated person is more susceptible than an unvaccinated person. This is understandable simply due to who is left after COVID went through the population. But instead of stating what the data says, they phrase it as, "you need another vaccine". Hide the fact they are more susceptible.

That is nice of your doctor, as I never had a problem wearing a mask, especially at when I was visiting my wife during chemo.

My main issue with your stance is you expect everyone to protect you instead of minding your own business and protecting yourself. Remember, my body, my choice.

Data shows the risk vs reward is not favorable to the majority of the population, but if a person wants to get the vaccine, be my guest, but stop with your nonsense.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Kalms false narrative falls apart
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:55 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:43 am

:rofl: At your claims. You don't understand data, so you go with the summary. Here's a perfect example and something StOnge does when he reads the summary.

Tons of studies have been posted on this thread showing the negative effectiveness of the vaccine after a couple weeks, meaning a vaccinated person is more susceptible than an unvaccinated person. This is understandable simply due to who is left after COVID went through the population. But instead of stating what the data says, they phrase it as, "you need another vaccine". Hide the fact they are more susceptible.

That is nice of your doctor, as I never had a problem wearing a mask, especially at when I was visiting my wife during chemo.

My main issue with your stance is you expect everyone to protect you instead of minding your own business and protecting yourself. Remember, my body, my choice.

Data shows the risk vs reward is not favorable to the majority of the population, but if a person wants to get the vaccine, be my guest, but stop with your nonsense.
Yes…you’ve posted…data.

Which means, similar to climate change, 97% of researchers and the media are in on the hoax. But not not good old Seagriz. He’s broken down the data. :lol:

Protecting yourself AND your community is what people with good moral instincts do. Jesus would agree. Remember him?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:02 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:55 am

Yes…you’ve posted…data.

Which means, similar to climate change, 97% of researchers and the media are in on the hoax. But not not good old Seagriz. He’s broken down the data. :lol:

Protecting yourself AND your community is what people with good moral instincts do. Jesus would agree. Remember him?
:rofl: Another logical fallacy. Holy shit. Ever heard of critical thinking?

I am protected because my health is excellent. My community is protected because I and my family are not assholes and go out and mingle when we don't feel good.

You don't even know how the 98% is derived, do you?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:06 am
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:02 am

Yes…you’ve posted…data.

:rofl: Another logical fallacy. Holy shit. Ever heard of critical thinking?

I am protected because my health is excellent. My community is protected because I and my family are not assholes and go out and mingle when we don't feel good.

You don't even know how the 98% is derived, do you?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:17 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:04 am

Yawn.

The very first point is technically incorrect and when considered with rate of infection is incorrect in general. Should I even bother with the rest? Probably not.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2803749
Just read this gem of a response. Your paper, not study, is shit bro.

Here is the problem.
We used the electronic health databases
You being such a diligent student of COVID shouldn't need it explained to you why this is a problem.

Do you understand what an order of magnitude means?

On this topic, you're Commander, and I'm Biden kicking you.