Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Tim Walz gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:49 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:39 am

I believe there is definitely truth in what you say about blacks being disadvantaged post-civil war, no doubt about it. Fathers would help, but the left encourages single mothers because they get larger gov handouts if they are single. A self-defeating policy.

Republicans generally don't acknowledge the hole blacks are starting in and Dems and Blacks use it as an excuse for everything, the truth is somewhere in between. Honestly, it's time for blacks to stop making excuses and pick up their game if you ask me. I pull for them and love it when I see a Ben Carson and so many more successful blacks that made it out of the inner city.

Living in Puerto Rico taught me a lot of things and one was being a "minority" can be tough, especially when they will hire the Puerto Rican and toss you out like the trash if you are not one of them. My daughter interviewed for a job in Puerto Rico and it was in Spanish, I asked her how she thought she did, she said ok but after the first question the lady commented.... you're not from here are you? basically, interview over.

Reparations have been happening under another name for decades, right? I'm not totally against the concept but I think they should be earned. If you do good in High school as a black kid, give that kid something for it. so many other examples of how they could be earned. The problem is the Dems will give them to undeserving people and what would they do with the money? You just can't give them to every black person blindly and besides you would have way to many Lizzy Warren types claiming they are black. :lol:
I don't disagree, especially with the bolded. Whites pushed Blacks into ghettos but once there a culture developed where authority isn't trusted and education isn't valued. Changing that culture would do wonders for people living in ghettos.

If you want to understand what Blacks have had to overcome I would recommend reading The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein and Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.
This is what Thomas Sowell talks about
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Tim Walz gaffe and verbal bungles watch

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:49 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2024 9:39 am

I believe there is definitely truth in what you say about blacks being disadvantaged post-civil war, no doubt about it. Fathers would help, but the left encourages single mothers because they get larger gov handouts if they are single. A self-defeating policy.

Republicans generally don't acknowledge the hole blacks are starting in and Dems and Blacks use it as an excuse for everything, the truth is somewhere in between. Honestly, it's time for blacks to stop making excuses and pick up their game if you ask me. I pull for them and love it when I see a Ben Carson and so many more successful blacks that made it out of the inner city.

Living in Puerto Rico taught me a lot of things and one was being a "minority" can be tough, especially when they will hire the Puerto Rican and toss you out like the trash if you are not one of them. My daughter interviewed for a job in Puerto Rico and it was in Spanish, I asked her how she thought she did, she said ok but after the first question the lady commented.... you're not from here are you? basically, interview over.

Reparations have been happening under another name for decades, right? I'm not totally against the concept but I think they should be earned. If you do good in High school as a black kid, give that kid something for it. so many other examples of how they could be earned. The problem is the Dems will give them to undeserving people and what would they do with the money? You just can't give them to every black person blindly and besides you would have way to many Lizzy Warren types claiming they are black. :lol:
I don't disagree, especially with the bolded. Whites pushed Blacks into ghettos but once there a culture developed where authority isn't trusted and education isn't valued. Changing that culture would do wonders for people living in ghettos.

If you want to understand what Blacks have had to overcome I would recommend reading The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein and Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin.
This is what Thomas Sowell talks about