Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Political discussions
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Re: Here we go again (Brunswick, Georgia)

Post by Baldy »

Glynn County commissioners say DA blocked arrests after fatal shooting
BRUNSWICK —

Two Glynn County commissioners say District Attorney Jackie Johnson’s office refused to allow the Glynn County Police Department to make arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.

The GBI announced the arrests of Travis McMichael, 34, and his father Greg McMichael, 64, on Thursday - more than two months after the fatal shooting. They were denied bond Friday afternoon.

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”
Seems the cops on the scene were ready to arrest Billy Bob and Lil Bubba, but the DA refused. :?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:50 am A) why did it take so long for the video to come out? Who shot the video? Was it someone they knew?
B) how does ANY cop/detective/investigator look at THAT scene, even WITHOUT a video as evidence, and go “yeah, we’re good. Nothing to see here....”
There is a story in this part. The killers saw the car the film was shot from pull up. Conversation took place between the two vehicles occupants? Something must have been said - perhaps the killers were so focused on their work that they didn't realize he was rolling up and didn't think he got there in time to see the event, and didn't ask if he saw anything. Doubtful an ex-cop would have let him leave the scene with video evidence in hand. Whether it was someone they knew is a tough one. Normally the cops would close ranks and stonewall but if it was a cop the film never would have seen the light of day in the first place. No narration of the film - so the filmer was probably white - I kid, I kid - black folk would have had the film out without delay. I'll guess that its a white person with some kind of municipal/legal gig who may recognize the shooters if he/she doesn't know them personally.... what do you think? Everybody take a guess and then we'll see what CID thinks...
I think you’re full of shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Already a pretty lengthy wiki page. Some interesting tidbits..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Ahmaud_Arbery
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:03 pm Already a pretty lengthy wiki page. Some interesting tidbits..
Looks like the dad knew the victim.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:21 pm Glynn County commissioners say DA blocked arrests after fatal shooting
BRUNSWICK —

Two Glynn County commissioners say District Attorney Jackie Johnson’s office refused to allow the Glynn County Police Department to make arrests immediately after the Feb. 23 shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery.

The GBI announced the arrests of Travis McMichael, 34, and his father Greg McMichael, 64, on Thursday - more than two months after the fatal shooting. They were denied bond Friday afternoon.

“The police at the scene went to her, saying they were ready to arrest both of them. These were the police at the scene who had done the investigation,” Commissioner Allen Booker, who has spoken with Glynn County police, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “She shut them down to protect her friend McMichael.”
Seems the cops on the scene were ready to arrest Billy Bob and Lil Bubba, but the DA refused. :?
Well, the one guy is the son of the DA. Or something like that.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

if it wasn't for that pesky video the DA had this situation handled

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:52 pm
houndawg wrote:
There is a story in this part. The killers saw the car the film was shot from pull up. Conversation took place between the two vehicles occupants? Something must have been said - perhaps the killers were so focused on their work that they didn't realize he was rolling up and didn't think he got there in time to see the event, and didn't ask if he saw anything. Doubtful an ex-cop would have let him leave the scene with video evidence in hand. Whether it was someone they knew is a tough one. Normally the cops would close ranks and stonewall but if it was a cop the film never would have seen the light of day in the first place. No narration of the film - so the filmer was probably white - I kid, I kid - black folk would have had the film out without delay. I'll guess that its a white person with some kind of municipal/legal gig who may recognize the shooters if he/she doesn't know them personally.... what do you think? Everybody take a guess and then we'll see what CID thinks...

Heard somewhere that the guy shooting the video is implicated and that police had it immediately. Probably why they wanted to arrest.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:52 pm I think you’re full of shit.

Heard somewhere that the guy shooting the video is implicated and that police had it immediately. Probably why they wanted to arrest.
The victim didn’t have a weapon. That was an easy crimes scene to figure out, even without a video. That’s why the police went to the DA ready to charge them
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:40 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:03 pm Already a pretty lengthy wiki page. Some interesting tidbits..
Here's my take:
-We can dispense with the msm's false narrative that this victim was simply out for a jog. I had only read a couple articles that stated this guy was out for a jog with no mentioned of being caught on video entering and tripping an alarm in another house in the neighborhood.
-No excuse for the 2 yahoo's use of force (esp deadly) on the video, because like Cid said, no weapon, and I doubt they can reasonably articulate that they thought the vic had one.
-There's nothing about the yahoos witnessing the vic was coming from a B&E elsewhere in the neighborhood. They apparently just assumed (correctly) that he was. Doesn't excuse the use of force.
-Their burglary, and the other one, happened earlier in the year. Doesn't excuse the use of force.
Last edited by BDKJMU on Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:43 am
Well, we can dispense with the msm's false narrative that this victim was simply out for a jog. I had only read a couple articles that stated this guy was out for a jog with no mentioned of being caught on video entering and tripping an alarm in another house in the neighborhood. That still wouldn't be an excuse for the 2 yahoo's use of force on the video. I don't think the yahoos would have known the guy was coming from a B&E elsewhere in the neighborhood. Not like they witnessed him entering or existing that house, and their burglary, and the other one, happened earlier in the year.
Links?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:55 am
Well, we can dispense with the msm's false narrative that this victim was simply out for a jog. I had only read a couple articles that stated this guy was out for a jog with no mentioned of being caught on video entering and tripping an alarm in another house in the neighborhood. That still wouldn't be an excuse for the 2 yahoo's use of force on the video. I don't think the yahoos would have known the guy was coming from a B&E elsewhere in the neighborhood. Not like they witnessed him entering or existing that house, and their burglary, and the other one, happened earlier in the year.
Links?
Wiki link above:
On the afternoon of Arbery's death, he entered a house under construction, triggering the owner's security system and recording video. Arbery's aunt subsequently identified him on the owner's video, saying that he was "looking, not stealing anything".[23] However, Waycross District Attorney George Barnhill wrote that there is video of Arbery "burglarizing a home immediately preceding the chase and confrontation".[3]
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Baldy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 6:21 pm Glynn County commissioners say DA blocked arrests after fatal shooting
BRUNSWICK —

I wonder
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

houndawg wrote:

:rofl:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

This one kinda reminds me of the one in Missoula where the European exchange student got shot stealing beer
and died...
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:40 pm
GannonFan wrote:
I don't have any problems with politicians or others outside of GA making comments on this. From the video, it does look like a modern day lynching. From the video, it does look like 2 white guys with guns decided to assert their power over an unarmed black guy, and when the black guy felt his life was in danger and he fought back, they killed him. How many times has that happened in this country even in just the 160 years since the Civil War was fought to overcome this kind of racial stratification in this country? And without the video, it's very likely these two guys never would've seen the inside of a police station let alone jail and that has happened way too often in this country. I have no problem with politicians commenting on this and therefore shining a light on something that shouldn't be happening in this country in this day and age, but certainly happens far too often. Let's get this right so that this kind of crap doesn't keep happening.
Words mean things.

I didn't see a rope I saw a rifle. He was shot not lynched. Let's save the hyperbole for race baiters like Obama, Sharpton and houndawg :coffee:

Damn cracker

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
He was executed.

Hope the kid gets the bullet he's got coming, see how that pig fucker likes it when its his kid.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:35 am

Just happened to be following a truck carrying three armed men as they rolled up on a burglar running down the street. Even manuvered the car to try and keep the kid in sight when the kid tried to avoid what he probably saw as a rapidly deteriorating situation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 3:27 pm This one kinda reminds me of the one in Missoula where the European exchange student got shot stealing beer
and died...
You mean about them being set ups?
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
kalm wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:35 am Heard somewhere that the guy shooting the video is implicated and that police had it immediately. Probably why they wanted to arrest.
Just happened to be following a truck carrying three armed men as they rolled up on a burglar running down the street. Even manuvered the car to try and keep the kid in sight when the kid tried to avoid what he probably saw as a rapidly deteriorating situation
That the vid taker is involved is one of the most obvious takeaways from the video

Congrats Junior G-Man here’s your plastic badge

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Here's my take:
-We can dispense with the msm's false narrative that this victim was simply out for a jog. I had only read a couple articles that stated this guy was out for a jog with no mentioned of being caught on video entering and tripping an alarm in another house in the neighborhood.
-No excuse for the 2 yahoo's use of force (esp deadly) on the video, because like Cid said, no weapon, and I doubt they can reasonably articulate that they thought the vic had one.
-There's nothing about the yahoos witnessing the vic was coming from a B&E elsewhere in the neighborhood. They apparently just assumed (correctly) that he was. Doesn't excuse the use of force.
-Their burglary, and the other one, happened earlier in the year. Doesn't excuse the use of force.
Said the 2nd house, not the one under construction, had a video that looked like the victim. If I'm jogging or out for a run, I'm more in likely to be on the road. If I'm fleeing a robbery, I'm in the woods.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I blame the movie The Hunt, for this uptick in vigilante violence.

:coffee:

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

18 attempted "lynchings" in Chicago and very little media outrage.........wonder why? :coffee:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/1 ... o/2269290/

P.S. Everyone agrees these are senseless "lynchings" and they need to stop!

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 9:49 am 18 attempted "lynchings" in Chicago and very little media outrage.........wonder why? :coffee:

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/1 ... o/2269290/

P.S. Everyone agrees these are senseless "lynchings" and they need to stop!
yeah but those are "drive-by lynchings"
which fall under a different scrutiny

:nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

We are about to see in real time how when you have a rotten incident, it sometimes is indicative the core of the apple may be rotten

This does not appear to be the first time this DA's office has protected some questionable police related activity in Glynco. I include this as police related since the older shooter was former Glynco LE

Sounds like these investigating officers for Glynco PD didn't get the memo that they were supposed to sweep this under the rug
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Its what cops do, thin blew line and all...................protect their own. :coffee:

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Its what cops do, thin blew line and all...................protect their own. :coffee:
Except for the ones who don’t, I guess