AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: AOC = Liberal Goddess

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
By the way, I know many hard working poor as well...in fact, there are a few in my direct family (siblings and nieces/nephews). But here's a newsflash: despite the fact that some were born on 3rd base (you know, white, heterosexual, Christian male) they STILL have somehow managed to not get a leg up in life. And why might that be, you ask? Well typically its because of piss poor choices made in their youth--laziness...defying the parents...getting in with the wrong crowd...dropping out of HS...having children out of wedlock...drugs/alcohol...becoming a liberal...things like that. Most of them work hard, but the consequences of their early decisions have haunted them for their entire lives. And most of them have children who have perpetuated these poor decision trees and its become somewhat of an "institutionalized poverty" scenario in a couple branches of the ol' family tree.

Oh and, true story: One of my older (fairly successful) sisters told me, in no uncertain terms, that I owed ALL OF MY SUCCESS to the fact that I was a white male. Bitch. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
I know you do. Me too. And I also know friends and family who made poor choices and succeeded.
Oh, there's exceptions to every rule...hell, look at Beto O'Rourke. B&E, DUI, etc., etc when younger...now he's considered a dem frontrunner for president! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:Politically:
The old "There's nothing better so **** off" attitude we get from the top and from the middle class wanna be's that would die defending a system that cares nothing for them - is where the comedy hits it's real stride
As evidence our soldiers are below middle class (unlike Rome or Greece) where they were honored
Isn't that the same attitude you've espoused here about African Americans and their inability to be successful here in the land of opportunity? "If they can't do it here, then where?"
I was thinking similarly - that was a pretty smooth shift from 3rd gear into reverse....

didnt grind one bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Our poor would be 1%'ers in almost every other country on the planet. They should consider themselves lucky...
Ginger or Mary Ann? That's tough. How 'bout both?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
89Hen wrote: Image
Ginger or Mary Ann? That's tough. How 'bout both?
No chick on Gilligan’s Island was young enough for you.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
I know you do. Me too. And I also know friends and family who made poor choices and succeeded.
Oh, there's exceptions to every rule...hell, look at Beto O'Rourke. B&E, DUI, etc., etc when younger...now he's considered a dem frontrunner for president! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shit...that’s nothing compared to Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Name one fucking thing Trump has done that is a poor choice or that has fucked up his life?

We will wait, actually no we wont. Just fuck off we dont need a response from people like you.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Name one fucking thing Trump has done that is a poor choice or that has fucked up his life?

We will wait, actually no we wont. Just fuck off we dont need a response from people like you.
You missed the point and included it in one terrible post! Good job!
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:...Most of them work hard, but the consequences of their early decisions have haunted them for their entire lives. And most of them have children who have perpetuated these poor decision trees and its become somewhat of an "institutionalized poverty" scenario in a couple branches of the ol' family tree...
So they work hard yet the decisions of their youth haunt them to the point of perpetual poverty...

...that's a broken system.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:...Most of them work hard, but the consequences of their early decisions have haunted them for their entire lives. And most of them have children who have perpetuated these poor decision trees and its become somewhat of an "institutionalized poverty" scenario in a couple branches of the ol' family tree...
So they work hard yet the decisions of their youth haunt them to the point of perpetual poverty...

Oooh...that’s a good point!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:

No, no it's not. That is the stereotypical bleeding heart liberal's response, but it's categorically untrue. Everyone born in America, by and large, is a compilation of their life choices (yes, there are a few exceptions). That's why they call it LIFE. This isn't monopoly or a video game where you get multiple chances to get it right. But even if you work your ass off, not everyone gets the brass ring. And working hard <> working smart.

Example #1: My big brother....fairly smart dude, but dropped out of HS because it wasn't worth his time. Now at 58 years old must live with his daughter because he can't hold a job long enough to gain traction. ALWAYS thinks he's smarter than the boss and ends up getting into a pissing contest and leaving within 3-4 months (hell, sometimes weeks or days). I would venture he's had 250+ jobs in his lifetime. He has some very rare skills that allow him to continually GAIN employment, but he just can't KEEP employment. He doesn't have a pot to piss in. Can't rub two nickels together. He has a college degree (ultimately got his GED) and is currently working the swing shift at the Tesla plant in Reno. We'll see how long that lasts.

Example #2: My nephew. Born into a single parent family. No father figure his entire childhood. My brothers and I attempted to fill that void, and he was a pretty good kid. But hey, he's a white, hetero male, so he's already on 3rd base, right? The world is his oyster, yeah? Unfortunately, once he became an adult, he got mixed with the wrong crowd, became a full-fledged raging communist and now, at age 36, sits (LITERALLY) in his mother's basement all day, collecting a disability check (because, you know, he hurt his back working at the mattress store :roll: :roll: ) and writes in his manifesto about how fucked up our system is. He's also very smart. Just chooses to apply his brains in a not-so-productive direction...and now he'd rather game the system than go get a real job. OK, so maybe he's not a good example because he's NOT working hard. :lol: But he's poor by CHOICE. He CHOOSES not to work hard. And no amount of money, training, schooling (he's attempted to start college EIGHT times) will change that. He's a fucking slug and that's that. Zero sympathy from me.

If either of these two WANTED to change their scenario, there's a multitude of options, programs and ways to do it. But they just don't want to have to work that hard, or play the game, so they tread water where they are--just like the vast majority of the working poor. Call me a cynic. Call me an unsympathetic douchebag...really don't care. If you REALLY want to stop living hand-to-mouth, it can be done. Instead, people believe they are OWED what someone else has (and has worked for), instead of WANTING it and being willing to do what's necessary to get it. THAT'S a broken system, Trip. THAT'S where it went off the rails...
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Those two examples are people making decisions...as adults.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: AOC = Liberal Goddess

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Its called life get a fucking helmet Corkey.

Only a true asshole would think life is suooosed to be "fair". We are just another animal in the food chain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: So they work hard yet the decisions of their youth haunt them to the point of perpetual poverty...

No, no it's not. That is the stereotypical bleeding heart liberal's response, but it's categorically untrue. Everyone born in America, by and large, is a compilation of their life choices (yes, there are a few exceptions). That's why they call it LIFE. This isn't monopoly or a video game where you get multiple chances to get it right. But even if you work your ass off, not everyone gets the brass ring. And working hard <> working smart.

Example #1: My big brother....fairly smart dude, but dropped out of HS because it wasn't worth his time. Now at 58 years old must live with his daughter because he can't hold a job long enough to gain traction. ALWAYS thinks he's smarter than the boss and ends up getting into a pissing contest and leaving within 3-4 months (hell, sometimes weeks or days). I would venture he's had 250+ jobs in his lifetime. He has some very rare skills that allow him to continually GAIN employment, but he just can't KEEP employment. He doesn't have a pot to piss in. Can't rub two nickels together. He has a college degree (ultimately got his GED) and is currently working the swing shift at the Tesla plant in Reno. We'll see how long that lasts.

Example #2: My nephew. Born into a single parent family. No father figure his entire childhood. My brothers and I attempted to fill that void, and he was a pretty good kid. But hey, he's a white, hetero male, so he's already on 3rd base, right? The world is his oyster, yeah? Unfortunately, once he became an adult, he got mixed with the wrong crowd, became a full-fledged raging communist and now, at age 36, sits (LITERALLY) in his mother's basement all day, collecting a disability check (because, you know, he hurt his back working at the mattress store :roll: :roll: ) and writes in his manifesto about how fucked up our system is. He's also very smart. Just chooses to apply his brains in a not-so-productive direction...and now he'd rather game the system than go get a real job. OK, so maybe he's not a good example because he's NOT working hard. Image But he's poor by CHOICE. He CHOOSES not to work hard. And no amount of money, training, schooling (he's attempted to start college EIGHT times) will change that. He's a fucking slug and that's that. Zero sympathy from me.

If either of these two WANTED to change their scenario, there's a multitude of options, programs and ways to do it. But they just don't want to have to work that hard, or play the game, so they tread water where they are--just like the vast majority of the working poor. Call me a cynic. Call me an unsympathetic douchebag...really don't care. If you REALLY want to stop living hand-to-mouth, it can be done. Instead, people believe they are OWED what someone else has (and has worked for), instead of WANTING it and being willing to do what's necessary to get it. THAT'S a broken system, Trip. THAT'S where it went off the rails...
You are 100% right and left wing pussies that dont agree are part of the problem.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Name one fucking thing Trump has done that is a poor choice or that has fucked up his life?

Politically, where do I begin? How about the shutdown. Or his failed promise regarding wiping out the debt. Or his maintaining the status quo with Saudi Arabia. Or him defending dictators like Un while dismissing his own intelligence agencies. His constant lying and ignoring facts. TWITTER

Personally, his adultery.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Ibanez wrote:

Politically, where do I begin? How about the shutdown. Or his failed promise regarding wiping out the debt. Or his maintaining the status quo with Saudi Arabia. Or him defending dictators like Un while dismissing his own intelligence agencies. His constant lying and ignoring facts. TWITTER

The shutdown was the right thing to do so is talking with Un. Our intelligence agencies are corrupt so wrong again. Who cares about Twitter, i think its funny he employs somebody to tweet all the time and keep living in weak minded peoples heads.

You are wrong so much its laughable, its why we elected Trump and will do so again in 2020 you guys are on the wring side of history

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Those two examples are people making decisions...as adults.
Yes. Poor decisions. From the time they were cognizant enough to be making decisions for themselves. They are poor decision makers. The difference is, ONE blames society/the system, while the other does not. I'll let you guess which one is which.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:

Dude. Those are presidential actions. He's talking about during his formative years. :coffee: :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

The shutdown was the right thing to do so is talking with Un. Our intelligence agencies are corrupt so wrong again. Who cares about Twitter, i think its funny he employs somebody to tweet all the time and keep living in weak minded peoples heads.

You are wrong so much its laughable, its why we elected Trump and will do so again in 2020 you guys are on the wring side of history

I didn't say he shouldn't talk with Un. Perhaps you go back and read what I posted.

And he accomplished nothing with the shutdown. Even the lemmings at Fox News will admit that much.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

Dude. Those are presidential actions. He's talking about during his formative years. :coffee: :coffee:
Draft Dodger
Adultery

It's pretty naive to not think he hasn't made poor choices.

And let's not forget about Trump Steaks or GoTrump.com. :lol:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

It doesn't matter all they have is bullshit lies and made up shit

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
It doesn't matter all they have is bullshit lies and made up shit

You remind me of all those Democrats in 2016 that constantly made excuses for HRC and thought she walked on water. :thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Draft Dodger
Adultery

I see your Draft Dodger and I raise you a Melania. :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Draft Dodger
Adultery

Oh. So dodging the draft is negated by marrying an attractive woman? Got it.

If only someone had told Clinton that. :mrgreen:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Draft Dodger
Adultery

Right... A woman that won't touch him
and actually slaps his hand away in public

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Right... A woman that won't touch him
and actually slaps his hand away in public

:coffee:
But he still gets to call her his wife. :lol: :lol: