Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:03 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 7:23 pm

We should have done nothing except protect the elderly and most vulnerable…. Don’t even make it public
As one does when facing highly communicable and deadly diseases which can shut down an entire society of hysterical people
https://fee.org/articles/npr-mounting-e ... gJz4_D_BwE

“We’re more the victim of fear than the virus,” Offit said, adding that the world was witnessing a “wild overreaction” to the disease.

Voices like those of Faust and Offit were quickly drowned out, however. The 24-hour news cycle fanned collective fear and outrage that more was not being done. Runs on toilet paper and masks ensued. Neil Ferguson, professor of mathematical biology at Imperial College London, predicted millions would die in the “best-case scenario.”
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:51 am
kalm wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 9:03 am
As one does when facing highly communicable and deadly diseases which can shut down an entire society of hysterical people

“We’re more the victim of fear than the virus,” Offit said, adding that the world was witnessing a “wild overreaction” to the disease.

Voices like those of Faust and Offit were quickly drowned out, however. The 24-hour news cycle fanned collective fear and outrage that more was not being done. Runs on toilet paper and masks ensued. Neil Ferguson, professor of mathematical biology at Imperial College London, predicted millions would die in the “best-case scenario.”
Anecdotal but I just got COVID for the first time. It's been 13 days since I tested positive and I'm still congested, coughing and fatigued. While it wasn't deadly it also was more than just the flu or a cold for me.

The people who try to say it's just a flu/cold are doing just as much damage as the people who try to say it's a deadly plague.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 11:01 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 10:51 am

Anecdotal but I just got COVID for the first time. It's been 13 days since I tested positive and I'm still congested, coughing and fatigued. While it wasn't deadly it also was more than just the flu or a cold for me.

The people who try to say it's just a flu/cold are doing just as much damage as the people who try to say it's a deadly plague.
Get well soon

My experience with it has also admittedly shaped my opinion

I needed to get a COVID test to fly back to Puerto Rico for work, but I tested positive… I had no symptoms and was in Disbelief … a few days later I did loose sense of smell but felt fine
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 6:28 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:40 pm

Thank you for the answer and I'll be brief. There will never be a President that handles a pandemic properly. Too many people will always say the President isn't serious enough and is killing people.

Trump was on the right track with some of his advisors (Scott Atlas) but the media attacked them as well.

If Trump would have said, "fuck ya all, were staying open", you can damn well bet he'd have been vilified unmercifully as a killer.

You made an interesting comment, so I have to ask, how hard core was your wife on vaccines and lockdowns?
I don't know how to answer that - what do you mean by hard core and how would you measure that? As for me, I was all for vaccines, but not mandates to get the vaccines (too new and too experimental - I got three shots myself but stopped having the kids get the shots after their initial two doses - certainly won't be getting them again anytime soon, especially for the kids). I was fine with the masking but once we got to the summer in 2020 and knew more I would've kept everything open with the caution to mask and distance where possible. I don't think extended lockdowns (lasting up to or more than a year) were necessary or helpful. And yes, we could've identified those the most at risk and targeted protecting them more while relaxing restrictions for others. That's what Trump could've done but he was too deep into the political fighting over all of this to actually lead on things.
By your answer, I'd say you were normal and not hard core. Hard core was believing zero COVID was possible.

In regards to Trump and your last comment, Fauci and Collins worked behind the scenes to attack the concept of targeted protection. Pandemics are tough. Very few people are versed in the science, so are easily mislead. I'm sure you see it in your field when people start talking out their ass.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 7:57 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 pm

Ah. Thank you.

CH is way more correct than Klamala. Median IFR was 0.034%. That means 3.4 out of 10,000 people died from COVID. You know who that 3.4% was? They were the ones that on average had six comorbidities and were on an average of 12 medications. In essence, they were metabolic trainwrecks. Those that fear cold and flu season each year.

Protect them and let the rest of society function.
So you're not going to ignore the embarrassing idiocy of "Don’t even make it public"? Why? It was a stupid thing to post yet he gets a pass. Simply because of a shared ideology?

How exactly would you recommend we "protect the elderly and most vulnerable" as CH stated? Would you infringe upon their civil liberties by forcing them to stay home? Would you pay them? Deliver food and supplies to them? What about the ones in essential or important jobs?

It wasn't as simple of a situation as you MAQA yahoos like to pretend. There was a lot that we didn't know and caution was not a bad thing while hindsight is 20/20.
We didn't have to come up with the ideas. The authors of the Great Barrington Declaration already did that.

For example, in nursing homes you would have isolation periods before a new person is allowed to enter the facility, it's essentially on lockdown, but these would the be highly vulnerable.

Delivery services for those in the house who don't want to leave, etc.

Lastly, a lot was known. We already had SARS1 and go check out your local health department webpage. Our public health has been surveiling Influenza Like Illness (Flu, Cold, RSV, etc) for 30+ years. They knew what they were dealing with enough to have made much better choices.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

More people should listen to Rand Paul, he was right all along

https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... out-covid/

Now that Paul has been shown to be right about so many of his critiques of Covid policy, his critics don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to say that Anthony Fauci was ever wrong. That any of his or the CDC’s policies were ever wrong. They certainly don’t want to say that they were wrong.
But far more so, they never want to say that Rand Paul was right. Ever. They can’t.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:01 am More people should listen to Rand Paul, he was right all along

Now that Paul has been shown to be right about so many of his critiques of Covid policy, his critics don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to say that Anthony Fauci was ever wrong. That any of his or the CDC’s policies were ever wrong. They certainly don’t want to say that they were wrong.
But far more so, they never want to say that Rand Paul was right. Ever. They can’t.
Rand Paul is ok but it's a shame he isn't up to his father's level.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:32 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 6:01 am More people should listen to Rand Paul, he was right all along

Give him time ….
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Agreed. I liked Ron. Rand is wildly inconsistent and a big fan of Putin.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:08 am

Bull crap, he’s not a fan of Joey Rottens multiple wars that’s getting worse not better …

What a horrible mess JoBozo will leave Trump with
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:16 am
kalm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:08 am

Bull crap, he’s not a fan of Joey Rottens multiple wars that’s getting worse not better …

Where did I mention Biden here?

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:18 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:16 am

Where did I mention Biden here?

You’re like a cloud … deflecting Caribbean heat back into space
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Been a few months, so time for a fly by. Cardiovascular issues with dramatic increases as well as "died suddenly" occurrences in young age groups. The Euro vax pulled from the market. Lawsuits getting fired up by folks that lost their jobs because they didn't take the fake ass vax.

None of us that didn't get the vax don't regret not getting it. So glad I didn't put that garbage in me or my kids body. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:51 pm Been a few months, so time for a fly by. Cardiovascular issues with dramatic increases as well as "died suddenly" occurrences in young age groups. The Euro vax pulled from the market. Lawsuits getting fired up by folks that lost their jobs because they didn't take the fake ass vax.

None of us that didn't get the vax don't regret not getting it. So glad I didn't put that garbage in me or my kids body. :coffee:
If I could do it over again I wouldn’t have gotten it either.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:36 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:51 pm Been a few months, so time for a fly by. Cardiovascular issues with dramatic increases as well as "died suddenly" occurrences in young age groups. The Euro vax pulled from the market. Lawsuits getting fired up by folks that lost their jobs because they didn't take the fake ass vax.

Yep. My employer was considering a mandate, wasn't sure how close they came to making the decision to roll with one. I had a tough sit down with my wife about possibly losing my job and starting plans on "what next" had a mandate went through. Taking the vax was never an option for me and my kid.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:44 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:36 pm
Yep. My employer was considering a mandate, wasn't sure how close they came to making the decision to roll with one. I had a tough sit down with my wife about possibly losing my job and starting plans on "what next" had a mandate went through. Taking the vax was never an option for me and my kid.
If I had to, which the choice came awfully close, I'd have done the J&J. Fortunately, the decision came down in time.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

What a useless POS.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:09 pm

Ah. Thank you.

CH is way more correct than Klamala. Median IFR was 0.034%. That means 3.4 out of 10,000 people died from COVID. You know who that 3.4% was? They were the ones that on average had six comorbidities and were on an average of 12 medications. In essence, they were metabolic trainwrecks. Those that fear cold and flu season each year.

Protect them and let the rest of society function.
So you're not going to ignore the embarrassing idiocy of "Don’t even make it public"? Why? It was a stupid thing to post yet he gets a pass. Simply because of a shared ideology?

How exactly would you recommend we "protect the elderly and most vulnerable" as CH stated? Would you infringe upon their civil liberties by forcing them to stay home? Would you pay them? Deliver food and supplies to them? What about the ones in essential or important jobs?

It wasn't as simple of a situation as you MAQA yahoos like to pretend. There was a lot that we didn't know and caution was not a bad thing while hindsight is 20/20.
Sure my opinion is controversial but that doesn’t make it Stupid

truth is we will never know.

But we do know all the harm that the governments actions caused and we’re still recovering from that today… especially young people

And let’s not pretend the government tells us the truth about anything anyway
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:51 pm

But we do know all the harm that the governments actions caused and we’re still recovering from that today… especially young people

Controversial? Tell me how you would keep the public from finding out about Covid.
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:55 pmEmbarrassing is saying "don't even make it public." How in the fvck do you keep it from being public? It was sweeping the world and was in the news. We don't live in a country like North Korea or even China where the government can control the news.
Covid was a blip in time. In the long-term, there are a lot of things the government has done and continues to do that will cause more damage especially to young people then the damage done by Covid policy. Deficit spending and the national debt are the lowest hanging fruit of that tree. Attempting to gut public education fits there as well. Where's the outrage over those?

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 3:18 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Controversial? Tell me how you would keep the public from finding out about Covid.
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:55 pmEmbarrassing is saying "don't even make it public." How in the fvck do you keep it from being public? It was sweeping the world and was in the news. We don't live in a country like North Korea or even China where the government can control the news.
Covid was a blip in time. In the long-term, there are a lot of things the government has done and continues to do that will cause more damage especially to young people then the damage done by Covid policy. Deficit spending and the national debt are the lowest hanging fruit of that tree. Attempting to gut public education fits there as well. Where's the outrage over those?
would never happen with Trump as president but I bet the fourth estate would support the Biden administration if they wanted to keep it quiet
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:50 am

would never happen with Trump as president but I bet the fourth estate would support the Biden administration if they wanted to keep it quiet
Yeah…nevermind the 10’s of millions who got extremely sick or million or so fellows around you who died. Hell of a flu season, Harry. :lol:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:55 am

Yeah…nevermind the 10’s of millions who got extremely sick or million or so fellows around you who died. Hell of a flu season, Harry. :lol:
Bingo, probably the worst flu season in 100 years
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:03 am
kalm wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:55 am

Bingo, probably the worst flu season in 100 years
Child’s play compared to that flu that wiped out 30%-40% of the European population in the 1300’s.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

How did the debt do under trump?

It's trump and MAQA yahoos who want to gut public education. School vouchers, religion in schools, demonizing teachers and librarians, banning books, etc.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:46 am

How did the debt do under trump?

It's trump and MAQA yahoos who want to gut public education. School vouchers, religion in schools, demonizing teachers and librarians, banning books, etc.
Who mentioned the debt besides Rand Paul?

They cant talk about the debt now because that would be political suicide