Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: et tu, Vladimir..?

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:05 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 11:26 am

Move the goal posts. Yawn.

The difference between you and I is that I’m quite positive there are many uniformed and dumb Harris voters. You think MAGA is somehow different.
You consistently display your lack of instincts and reading comprehension in a public forum

Pat yourself on the back
I’m sorry you feel that way.

Now…do you recognize MAGA peeps aren’t exactly brilliant? At the very least no better than Harris supporters?
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:03 pm
houndawg wrote:Trump denies report in Bob Woodard's new book that Trump secretly sent Abbot covid test devices to Putin while there was a shortage of them in the US. Putin says its true.... :ohno:
I’m an IC official and I can say that this is very typical of Russian disinformation.

You automatically have to believe me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it works because its so easily believable - I'd give it even more weight if the story was that he sold them to Putin. In any case we're way past the point where truth matters and all we can do is wait and see if there's another James Comey bearing gifts for the nation that pops up in the next couple of weeks
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:13 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 1:05 pm

You consistently display your lack of instincts and reading comprehension in a public forum

Pat yourself on the back

Now…do you recognize MAGA peeps aren’t exactly brilliant? At the very least no better than Harris supporters?
I’ve seen lots of MAGA articulate why they think Trump would be better for the country, so far with Harris voters none have been able to do it
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:12 pm

I’ve seen lots of MAGA articulate why they think Trump would be better for the country, so far with Harris voters none have been able to do it
I'm not voting for harris but there are valid reasons to think that she would be better for the country. Here are a few:
  • No possibility of elements of Project 2025 being implemented.
  • Less risk of massive, job-killing tariffs.
  • No signature on a nationwide abortion ban.
  • No clown in the Oval Office who is more interested in sucking up to despots and dictators then building relationships with other Western leaders.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So no then. Your answer to my question is no.

The last place I’d look for economic arguments is partisan man in the street interviews.

Also…it’s pretty much a consensus on who had the better economic policy proposals. And yes, both sides including Trump have failed the working class in this regard.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:31 pm

I'm not voting for harris but there are valid reasons to think that she would be better for the country. Here are a few:

• No clown in the Oval Office who is more interested in sucking up to despots and dictators then building relationships with other Western leaders.
Lol Project 2025 is the left’s QAnon.

As opposed to less more risk of economy, jobs, and market killing ban on fracking, price controls, more than doubling of the cap gains tax, 70%-80% upper tax bracket, taxing unrealized gains.

Trump has already said he wouldn’t sign a nationwide abortion ban.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:31 pm

The last place I’d look for economic arguments is partisan man in the street interviews.

Also…it’s pretty much a consensus on who had the better economic policy proposals. And yes, both sides including Trump have failed the working class in this regard.
-Ban on fracking.
-Price controls.
-Doubling of the cap gains tax.
-70%-80% upper tax bracket.
-Taxing unrealized gains.
Lol no one is calls that better.. :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:38 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:31 pm

As opposed to less more risk of economy, jobs, and market killing ban on fracking, price controls, more than doubling of the cap gains tax, 70%-80% upper tax bracket, taxing unrealized gains.

Try as you might to sweep it under the rug, Project 2025 is hardly QAnon. doneOLD's ties to the heritage foundation are well established as is his keynote at their meeting in 2022 saying "they're going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do." They've published a book about those plans.

I don't like harris' economic plans either but I'm not foolish enough to think they're worse than doneOLD's.

DONEold is a serial liar who says a lot of things and then goes back on them. Only an idiot would take him at his word.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:43 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:31 pm

-Ban on fracking.
-Price controls.
Rottenomics has worked for the upper middle class that have good jobs and are invested in the stock market, if only they had created enough good jobs.

Problem for Scamala is the lower middle to middle have suffered due to JoBozo and his self induced inflation… Americans are having to choose what they do without and they have no choice but to run up high credit card balances they will never pay off. The working class backbone who used to vote Dem are running away from her. She hasn’t done one good thing in 4 years and we all know her little centrist move is only to get elected. She is a total lying scam just wait …
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Kacklejacks has just fist fucked the middle class her administration has ruined people lives with high prices, inflation and weak borders.

These policies have literally killed people

We cant afford 4 more years of this
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:03 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:43 pm
-Ban on fracking.
-Price controls.
Rottenomics has worked for the upper middle class that have good jobs and are invested in the stock market, if only they had created enough good jobs.

Problem for Scamala is the lower middle to middle have suffered due to JoBozo and his self induced inflation… Americans are having to choose what they do without and they have no choice but to run up high credit card balances they will never pay off. The working class backbone who used to vote Dem are running away from her. She hasn’t done one good thing in 4 years and we all know her little centrist move is only to get elected. She is a total lying scam just wait …
You are partially correct.

You do know that Clinton shifted the Dem party toward Reaganomics where it’s been ever since? Neo-liberalism is a proven loser when it comes to populism.

You also know that Trump’s plan is still partially based on those theories of high end and corporate tax cuts, deregulation, wage suppression, etc., saddling all tax payers with more debt than compared to the Harris plan?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:52 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:38 pm

Try as you might to sweep it under the rug, Project 2025 is hardly QAnon. doneOLD's ties to the heritage foundation are well established as is his keynote at their meeting in 2022 saying "they're going to lay the groundwork and detail plans for exactly what our movement will do." They've published a book about those plans.

I don't like harris' economic plans either but I'm not foolish enough to think they're worse than doneOLD's.

DONEold is a serial liar who says a lot of things and then goes back on them. Only an idiot would take him at his word.
Given Commiela’s long list of flip flops, only an idiot would take her at her word.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:27 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 12:52 pm

Given Commiela’s long list of flip flops, only an idiot would take her at her word.
:nod: I don't trust either of them.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:30 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:03 pm

You are partially correct.

You do know that Clinton shifted the Dem party toward Reaganomics where it’s been ever since? Neo-liberalism is a proven loser when it comes to populism.

You also know that Trump’s plan is still partially based on those theories of high end and corporate tax cuts, deregulation, wage suppression, etc., saddling all tax payers with more debt than compared to the Harris plan?
Shhhh. The straight A student that never left the farm is speaking