SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:17 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:06 pm Ukraine hasn't been able to even make it to Russia's first defensive line
Yeah, that is no longer the case. They've maintained a foothold past the Surovikin Line west of Verbove since August.

But, really, every tree line has been a defensive line with trenches that have to be cleared. But, I'm assuming when you say "first defensive line" - you're talking about the Surovikin Line.
Do you have any links on that? I've given up on the whole land movement and the Ukrainians being able to do anything of value in their assault.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:50 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:37 am Seagriz…

These are the good guys right? Just defending themselves against NATO and Nazis?

Is the the new Mueller She Wrote account? You remember what your past Twitter clip surfing wrought you.

How about you get serious instead of flippant?

Did you even watch the clip? From your post, I doubt it.
Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50.

How did you celebrate last night?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:25 am

Is the the new Mueller She Wrote account? You remember what your past Twitter clip surfing wrought you.

Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50.

:rofl: First you throw up a false choice fallacy, then retreat to a story you can't corroborate.

How's it feel to be so incapable of navigating real news and defending your outlandish claims?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:30 am

:rofl: First you throw up a false choice fallacy, then retreat to a story you can't corroborate.

How's it feel to be so incapable of navigating real news and defending your outlandish claims?
Huh?

A Russian in his own words.

A widely reported news story.

The more trapped, the funnier you get. 2nd career in crazy uncle is just around the corner. :clap:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:37 am

Huh?

A Russian in his own words.

A widely reported news story.

The more trapped, the funnier you get. 2nd career in crazy uncle is just around the corner. :clap:
And what did he say before the part you are trying to parse and act like it was the complete conversation.

False choice fallacy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ooooh! What did he say before? Did it soften the fascist propaganda in this clip?!?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:25 am Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50.

False choice fallacy, kind of like when you posted this to me?
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:19 pm You're fine with all that? 10,000 plus innocent civilians? Because of shit you most likely had no hand in participation, we are going to kill, rape and murder you.

Absolutely stunning admission by you.
You don't like it when your tactics are used against you?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:57 am

False choice fallacy, kind of like when you posted this to me?
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:19 pm You're fine with all that? 10,000 plus innocent civilians? Because of shit you most likely had no hand in participation, we are going to kill, rape and murder you.

Absolutely stunning admission by you.
Do some research on the OSCE and their numbers. You disgustingly support the ethnic cleansing of the E Ukrainians because you are too lazy to do any research. You've proven that over and over.

Also, false choice is when you present someone with only two choices, like good and bad, with no middle ground.

How does my stating data from the OSCE present a false choice fallacy?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:03 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:57 am False choice fallacy, kind of like when you posted this to me?

Do some research on the OSCE and their numbers. You disgustingly support the ethnic cleansing of the E Ukrainians because you are too lazy to do any research. You've proven that over and over.

Also, false choice is when you present someone with only two choices, like good and bad, with no middle ground.

So it was a false choice when kalm asked you "How did you celebrate last night?" after "Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50."?

But it wasn't a false choice when you asked me if I was "fine with all that?" over "10,000 plus innocent civilians? Because of shit you most likely had no hand in participation, we are going to kill, rape and murder you."?

People in glass houses ...
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:03 am

So it was a false choice when kalm asked you "How did you celebrate last night?" after "Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50."?

But it wasn't a false choice when you asked me if I was "fine with all that?" over "10,000 plus innocent civilians? Because of shit you most likely had no hand in participation, we are going to kill, rape and murder you."?

:ohno: Holy shit, I thought you said you read A LOT. You sure seem to miss the obvious point.

Reread what I said. Kalm presented a false choice when he implied the Russians were solely evil, when in fact, if you watched the video, he stated the Ukrainians hate the Russians and he expected the Russians to have to resort to extreme measures to protect themselves. There's a hell of a lot of nuance to that situation as opposed to good/bad. That was the logical fallacy.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:13 am So it was a false choice when kalm asked you "How did you celebrate last night?" after "Russia sent a missile attack yesterday on a grocery store and cafe in a small town yesterday, killing over 50."?

:ohno: Holy shit, I thought you said you read A LOT. You sure seem to miss the obvious point.

Reread what I said. Kalm presented a false choice when he implied the Russians were solely evil, when in fact, if you watched the video, he stated the Ukrainians hate the Russians and he expected the Russians to have to resort to extreme measures to protect themselves. There's a hell of a lot of nuance to that situation as opposed to good/bad. That was the logical fallacy.
:ohno: Holy shit is right. How is that different then you presenting me with a false choice between not supporting Ukraine or being fine with the death of 10,000 plus innocent civilians? There's "a hell of a lot of nuance to that situation as opposed to good/bad" too.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:48 am

:ohno: Holy shit is right. How is that different then you presenting me with a false choice between not supporting Ukraine or being fine with the death of 10,000 plus innocent civilians? There's "a hell of a lot of nuance to that situation as opposed to good/bad" too.
:rofl:

Someone needs a timeout.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

You've got a point, but at this point you've denied 10,000+ deaths have been confirmed by the OSCE, so you've turned the conversation into an either/or. I've responded in kind with your ridiculous assertion.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:11 am
You've got a point, but at this point you've denied 10,000+ deaths have been confirmed by the OSCE, so you've turned the conversation into an either/or. I've responded in kind with your ridiculous assertion.
When did I deny the 10,000+ deaths? I would think that's a conservative estimate.

We probably disagree on who is responsible for the deaths of those 10,000+ people.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Once again, SG, sometimes a guy, especially you, should just take the L and go home and declare victory... :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Here's an expert's (former Royal Navy officer and frigate captain) opinion:

Russia has been politically embarrassed, operationally dominated and tactically outfought
Operationally, the Ukrainians have the upper hand in the Black Sea. Russia is being forced to react and is doing so in a disconnected way. Command and control appears fractured, missions are haphazard and poorly planned. The loss of Sevastopol can only make this worse.

Tactically the Ukrainians are showing great levels of ingenuity and flexibility with coordinated multi-domain attacks using a blend of traditional and novel weapon systems. Navies and procurement departments around the world will be pouring over the lessons from this at a fundamental level – or at least should be.

SG - I'm using Yahoo because the Telegraph piece is behind paywall.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:10 pm Here's an expert's (former Royal Navy officer and frigate captain) opinion:

Russia has been politically embarrassed, operationally dominated and tactically outfought
Operationally, the Ukrainians have the upper hand in the Black Sea. Russia is being forced to react and is doing so in a disconnected way. Command and control appears fractured, missions are haphazard and poorly planned. The loss of Sevastopol can only make this worse.

Tactically the Ukrainians are showing great levels of ingenuity and flexibility with coordinated multi-domain attacks using a blend of traditional and novel weapon systems. Navies and procurement departments around the world will be pouring over the lessons from this at a fundamental level – or at least should be.

SG - I'm using Yahoo because the Telegraph piece is behind paywall.
they're going to need all that and more against The Master Strategist :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:00 pm

Once again, SG, sometimes a guy, especially you, should just take the L and go home and declare victory... :ohno:
Houndy trying to impress UNI.

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:34 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:00 pm

Houndy trying to impress UNI.

..you're making the impression on your own, I was advising you because I felt like I was watching Trump and the disabled reporter all over again and your twitching and convulsing played to my bleeding heart.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:56 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:17 pm

Yeah, that is no longer the case. They've maintained a foothold past the Surovikin Line west of Verbove since August.

But, really, every tree line has been a defensive line with trenches that have to be cleared. But, I'm assuming when you say "first defensive line" - you're talking about the Surovikin Line.
Do you have any links on that? I've given up on the whole land movement and the Ukrainians being able to do anything of value in their assault.
All the military guys have been saying its going to be trench warfare for a long time with little movement. Of course these are the same guys that were saying that Russia would make short work of Ukraine. :oops:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:38 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:56 pm

All the military guys have been saying its going to be trench warfare for a long time with little movement. Of course these are the same guys that were saying that Russia would make short work of Ukraine. :oops:
This is a totally new style of war. The Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) is making it so no one can move without being noticed. Of course Russia still maintains a far greater capability than Ukraine in artillery, so they can just keep inching along and chewing up Ukraine, albeit slowly.

Who are "all the military guys".
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:40 pm

This is a totally new style of war. The Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) is making it so no one can move without being noticed. Of course Russia still maintains a far greater capability than Ukraine in artillery, so they can just keep inching along and chewing up Ukraine, albeit slowly.

The ones that are all over the media giving opinion.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Russia is inching forward?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:26 am

The ones that are all over the media giving opinion.
Oh yes. The ones who said Russia blew up its own pipeline. Gotcha.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:26 am

Russia is inching forward?
According to the NYT, Russia has gained 330 sq miles over Ukraine this last year. But the key word in my statement was, "can", not "are", although when I reread what I posted can see what you are asking. I could have been more clear.