The Ukraine Crisis

Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:12 pm Oh no, 2 companies trying to get facts out so the other 30 don't manipulate the world. Sick bastard
Which 2 companies are those?

It sure as sh!t ain't OAN or Newsmax. Your belief in their propaganda doesn't mean it isn't propaganda and isn't just as bad as what the 30 are spreading.

You probably believe tucker's opinions are facts as well.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:27 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:12 pm Oh no, 2 companies trying to get facts out so the other 30 don't manipulate the world. Sick bastard

It sure as sh!t ain't OAN or Newsmax. Your belief in their propaganda doesn't mean it isn't propaganda and isn't just as bad as what the 30 are spreading.

I cant believe you missed the point :sarcasm:

Fox OAN Newsmax

ABC NBC CBS MSNBC CNN HNN REUTERS AP NYT PBS HUFF POST BBC ATLANTIC MOTHER JONES NEW YORKER WaPost not gonna list the other hundreds.

Yeah fair and balanced
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:43 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:27 pm

Fox OAN Newsmax

ABC NBC CBS MSNBC CNN HNN REUTERS AP NYT PBS HUFF POST BBC ATLANTIC MOTHER JONES NEW YORKER WaPost not gonna list the other hundreds.

Yeah fair and balanced
REUTERS??? They might be the most fair and balanced of all the ones you named.

Let's not forget to include the NY Post, Washington Examiner, Conservative Treehouse, etc. with Fox, OAN & Newsmax.

Let's also acknowledge the echo chambers where MAQA yahoos go to spout their conspiracy theories and come away believing they're factual despite the lack of proof/evidence because so many other people were spouting the same bullsh!t that it has to be true.

What has happened to the media in this country is a shame but that shame isn't limited to ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc., Fox, OAN, Newsmax, NY Post, Washington Examiner, etc. are just as biased. They've all guilty of calling opinions facts and propaganda news in order to promote their agendas rather than reporting the news.

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:03 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Fox OAN Newsmax

Yeah fair and balanced

Let's not forget to include the NY Post, Washington Examiner, Conservative Treehouse, etc. with Fox, OAN & Newsmax.

Let's also acknowledge the echo chambers where MAQA yahoos go to spout their conspiracy theories and come away believing they're factual despite the lack of proof/evidence because so many other people were spouting the same bullsh!t that it has to be true.

What has happened to the media in this country is a shame but that shame isn't limited to ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, etc., Fox, OAN, Newsmax, NY Post, Washington Examiner, etc. are just as biased. They've all guilty of calling opinions facts and propaganda news in order to promote their agendas rather than reporting the news.
NY Post always gets it right

They broke the hunter laptop story that was covered up by the Biden loving 4th Estate and the social media big boys blocked the story from their networks as well. Nobody is allowed to see it.

All happened a few months before the election

Joey Rottens deep swamp rushed to his rescue with 51 fake signatures, saying the New York post story on the laptop was Russian disinformation. This was the same laptop that was used to prosecute Hunter.

Not one of these media outlets has admitted they got it wrong

So don’t tell me the election wasn’t stolen because it was stolen in plain sight
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:56 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:03 pm

They broke the hunter laptop story that was covered up by the Biden loving 4th Estate and the social media big boys blocked the story from their networks as well. Nobody is allowed to see it.

Joey Rottens deep swamp rushed to his rescue with 51 fake signatures, saying the New York post story on the laptop was Russian disinformation. This was the same laptop that was used to prosecute Hunter.

So don’t tell me the election wasn’t stolen because it was stolen in plain sight
Which copy of the hard drive?
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:39 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:56 am

The one they used for the guilty verdict in court
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:45 am
kalm wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:39 am

The one they used for the guilty verdict in court
For tax evasion and the weapons charge?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:03 pm REUTERS??? They might be the most fair and balanced of all the ones you named.

Does Fox get credit for admitting they were wrong? Or does that admission not count because it happened as a result of legal action?

I’d give them some credit for sh!tcanning that loud-mouthed twat, tucker putinsbitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:51 am
Caribbean Hen wrote:

Does Fox get credit for admitting they were wrong? Or does that admission not count because it happened as a result of legal action?

I’d give them some credit for sh!tcanning that loud-mouthed twat, tucker putinsbitch.

Tucker Derangement Syndrome. TDS type II

Noted.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Haven't kept up on this topic much but from the info I've seen it looks like the Russians are just slowly chewing away territory and manpower in Eastern Ukraine. Ukraine air defenses seem to be all but gone and the Russians are just flattening Ukrainian positions with glide bombs.

Saw someone speculate that Ukraine might get serious about a peace deal given that Mean Tweets is now favored to win in November and he would likely draw an end to this whole debacle if that happens (one of the reasons for the assassination attempt yesterday). For the sake of all the Ukrainians getting press ganged into cannon fodder, I hope peace finds this corner of the globe sooner rather than later.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:Haven't kept up on this topic much but from the info I've seen it looks like the Russians are just slowly chewing away territory and manpower in Eastern Ukraine. Ukraine air defenses seem to be all but gone and the Russians are just flattening Ukrainian positions with glide bombs.

Saw someone speculate that Ukraine might get serious about a peace deal given that Mean Tweets is now favored to win in November and he would likely draw an end to this whole debacle if that happens (one of the reasons for the assassination attempt yesterday). For the sake of all the Ukrainians getting press ganged into cannon fodder, I hope peace finds this corner of the globe sooner rather than later.
Peace without NATO membership for Ukraine is temporary. It just gives Putin time to rearm and train his conscripts before attacking again.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:56 pm he would likely draw an end to this whole debacle if that happens (one of the reasons for the assassination attempt yesterday).
lolwut
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:52 pm
SDHornet wrote:Haven't kept up on this topic much but from the info I've seen it looks like the Russians are just slowly chewing away territory and manpower in Eastern Ukraine. Ukraine air defenses seem to be all but gone and the Russians are just flattening Ukrainian positions with glide bombs.

Peace without NATO membership for Ukraine is temporary. It just gives Putin time to rearm and train his conscripts before attacking again.

Indeed. Ukraine is very likely going to be unable to push Russia out of its territory. Just like Crimea, Russia will apparently be holding on to Ukrainian territory for the foreseeable future. But if Ukraine signs off on any "peace" treaty, it'll have to be with NATO membership for what's left of Ukraine or Russia will just continue the war as they did after seizing Crimea. Russia won't chance NATO getting involved, so the best way to save the rest of the Ukraine is to get a treaty now at the same time they get NATO membership.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

It all would of been much better if they negotiated at the beginning but we needed to waive those Ukraine flags

So dumb
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:40 am It all would of been much better if they negotiated at the beginning but we needed to waive those Ukraine flags

So dumb
Huh? Negotiate what? Giving up national sovereignty? How would that go? Russia comes to the table and says "we're still holding onto territory in Crimea we illegally stole a decade ago, but now we also want the eastern portion of your country. We believe we're entitled to it because we're Russians, and by the way, we don't even think you're a real country". How is that even a negotiation? Give us the land or we'll attack (well, increase the attack, we've been attacking with guerilla groups for a decade) and take it anyway? When do nations get to hold onto their sovereignty and say no? I suppose when we give NATO membership to what's left of Ukraine will be when they can say no.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:50 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:40 am It all would of been much better if they negotiated at the beginning but we needed to waive those Ukraine flags

So dumb
Huh? Negotiate what? Giving up national sovereignty? How would that go? Russia comes to the table and says "we're still holding onto territory in Crimea we illegally stole a decade ago, but now we also want the eastern portion of your country. We believe we're entitled to it because we're Russians, and by the way, we don't even think you're a real country". How is that even a negotiation? Give us the land or we'll attack (well, increase the attack, we've been attacking with guerilla groups for a decade) and take it anyway? When do nations get to hold onto their sovereignty and say no? I suppose when we give NATO membership to what's left of Ukraine will be when they can say no.
Killing people unnecessarily for starters
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:26 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 8:50 am

So the poor folks who fought to keep their homes and their country from the invading Russians? Pretty sure a lot of them had the option to flee and they stayed and fought for their homes. Who's fault is that, them for being stubborn or the invaders shooting them?
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:48 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 9:26 am

So the poor folks who fought to keep their homes and their country from the invading Russians? Pretty sure a lot of them had the option to flee and they stayed and fought for their homes. Who's fault is that, them for being stubborn or the invaders shooting them?
There are no solutions
only trade offs
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

How will allowing Ukraine to use US weapons to strike within russia impact the conflict? It had to be frustrating to watch the russians prepare for offensives knowing they wouldn't face fire until they entered Ukraine. The ability to disrupt those operations behind the border should help Ukrainian morale.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Its none of our (USA) business we shouldn't even be involved in any way, keep our money here
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

The narrative that Russia would roll into Poland is a false narrative
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:22 am The narrative that Russia would roll into Poland is a false narrative
The narrative that russia wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if trump were President is a false narrative.
Last edited by UNI88 on Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:06 am Its none of our (USA) business we shouldn't even be involved in any way, keep our money here
That worked out so well in the 1930's that we should do it again. :coffee:

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:35 am
Bobcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:06 am Its none of our (USA) business we shouldn't even be involved in any way, keep our money here

You need to send that to the countries being invaded.

Its none of our business.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:40 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2024 11:35 am

You need to send that to the countries being invaded.

Its none of our business.
You're not attempting to revive the false narrative that it's Ukraine's fault they were invaded are you?