Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:12 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:52 pm

Are you seriously trying to make the argument that a country, is culture? OMG :o Please dont reply, I only talk to people with an IQ above 35
So no internal monologues for you.
:lol:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 12:08 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:51 am

Of course it is

The Border strategy is turn the US into a place so bad they’ll just stop coming

This kind of debt is Banana Republic like

Balances on credit cards rose by $27 billion to $1.14 trillion in the second quarter, and auto loan balances increased by $10 billion to $1.63 trillion
8/15/2024

That’s a lot of debt but Joey Rotten was once a professor of economics
How can we be becoming a banana republic if we weren't one and you stated "you cannot change a culture"? If we're becoming a banana republic (or have already become one then you can change a culture.
I’m sure glad the axis country’s cultures never changed. Or our own for that matter. (Trying to help out CH here :))

Why is this concept so difficult for some to understand?

:ugeek:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:13 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 11:04 am

So you admit their culture didn’t change…the 20 million illegals.
Right after you admit that the US isn't becoming a banana republic. :D
You and Klan really believe that a culture has anything to do with becoming a Banana Republic :ohno:

It’s more about a population becoming obsessed with politics… it’s the only thing “the news” covers

It’s about a country being broke and we are just that

It’s about a country weaponizing it’s judicial system and we’ve done that

It’s about a country duct taped by bureaucracy and Dems are always looking for ways to do this

It’s about a country that creates money out of thin air just to stay afloat

Becoming Banana Republic has little to do with Taco eating and the male population of a town drinking cerveza at 8 AM in the town square …. It’s too late at that point
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:21 am

You and Klan really believe that a culture has anything to do with becoming a Banana Republic :ohno:

It’s more about a population becoming obsessed with politics… it’s the only thing “the news” covers

It’s about a country duct taped by bureaucracy and Dems are always looking for ways to do this

Becoming Banana Republic has little to do with Taco eating and the male population of a town drinking cerveza at 8 AM in the town square …. It’s too late at that point
Just so we’re talking about the same thing:

Here’s a part of the Brittanica definition:
Almond and Verba’s core idea was that democracy will prove most stable in societies where subject and parochial attitudes provide ballast to an essentially participant culture. This mix is known as civic culture. In this ideal combination, the citizens are sufficiently active in politics to express their preferences to rulers but not so involved as to refuse to accept decisions with which they disagree. Thus, the civic culture resolves the tension within democracy between popular control and effective governance. In Almond and Verba’s study, Britain and, to a lesser extent, the United States came closest to this ideal. In both countries, the citizens felt that they could influence the government. Following the pioneering footsteps of The Civic Culture, American political scientist Robert Putnam argued that civic community, based on high levels of political interest, social equality, interpersonal trust, and voluntary association, leads to higher probabilities of effective governance and democracy.
https://www.britannica.com/topic/political-culture
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 4:53 am

Almond and Verba’s core idea was that democracy will prove most stable in societies where subject and parochial attitudes provide ballast to an essentially participant culture. This mix is known as civic culture. In this ideal combination, the citizens are sufficiently active in politics to express their preferences to rulers but not so involved as to refuse to accept decisions with which they disagree. Thus, the civic culture resolves the tension within democracy between popular control and effective governance. In Almond and Verba’s study, Britain and, to a lesser extent, the United States came closest to this ideal. In both countries, the citizens felt that they could influence the government. Following the pioneering footsteps of The Civic Culture, American political scientist Robert Putnam argued that civic community, based on high levels of political interest, social equality, interpersonal trust, and voluntary association, leads to higher probabilities of effective governance and democracy.
The difference between you and I is you post cut and paste and I post from actual observations
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 10:12 am

The difference between you and I is you post cut and paste and I post from actual observations
Yes that is indeed a difference however never in your favor. :lol:

What’s your observational definition of a banana republic?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:27 am

..this should be good... :popcorn:

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Puerto Rico
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

You're twisting yourself into a pretzel to rectify the conflict between saying you can't change a culture and saying we're becoming a banana republic.

To address your pretzel twists:
  • trump and MAQA yahoos are just as "obsessed with politics" as anyone else. If that's part of being a banana republic then they're just as responsible for it as anyone.
  • trump's is just responsible for our "being broke" as biden or Obama.
  • We have not weaponized our judicial system. trump's words and actions got him in legal hot water. It's too bad he's not man enough to take responsibility for them.
  • We've been duct taped by bureaucracy for my entire life. Have we been a banana republic for that entire time? Replacing knowledgeable bureaucrats with political appointees because they'll ignore the Constitution and say yes will make this problem worse.
  • You're preaching to the choir on creating money out of thin air. If you were serious about resolving the issue you would have voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Jo Jorgensen in 2020. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:42 am

Puerto Rico
Can I make an observation that’s an example rather than a definition?
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:52 am

You're twisting yourself into a pretzel to rectify the conflict between saying you can't change a culture and saying we're becoming a banana republic.

• trump and MAQA yahoos are just as "obsessed with politics" as anyone else. If that's part of being a banana republic then they're just as responsible for it as anyone.
  • We have not weaponized our judicial system. trump's words and actions got him in legal hot water. It's too bad he's not man enough to take responsibility for them.
  • We've been duct taped by bureaucracy for my entire life. Have we been a banana republic for that entire time? Replacing knowledgeable bureaucrats with political appointees because they'll ignore the Constitution and say yes will make this problem worse.
  • You're preaching to the choir on creating money out of thin air. If you were serious about resolving the issue you would have voted for Gary Johnson in 2016 and Jo Jorgensen in 2020. Otherwise you're just blowing smoke.
I said the population was obsessed with politics and that includes Trump fans….. you still couldn’t help yourself from going but Trump. Severe TDS
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 11:52 am You're twisting yourself into a pretzel to rectify the conflict between saying you can't change a culture and saying we're becoming a banana republic.

I said the population was obsessed with politics and that includes Trump fans….. you still couldn’t help yourself from going but Trump. Severe TDS
My tDS isn’t as bad as your bDS or hDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

you post weird verbal convulsions that only occasionaly are related to the subject :coffee:

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 4:48 am

you post weird verbal convulsions that only occasionaly are related to the subject :coffee:
Sure buddy
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:13 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote:

:ohno: You're on step two. Only thing left is to blame Trumpers for TDS. I think you've got it in you bro!
1. Denial. This is the most basic form of avoidance of responsibility and involves lying about having done something or having not done something.
2. Denial of Impact. This involves acknowledging an action or decision but denying its impact on the unwanted outcome.
3. Blame-shifting. This involves blaming someone else for the unwanted outcome that they caused or contributed to.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 7:43 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 6:13 pm

:ohno: You're on step two. Only thing left is to blame Trumpers for TDS. I think you've got it in you bro!
1. Denial. This is the most basic form of avoidance of responsibility and involves lying about having done something or having not done something.
2. Denial of Impact. This involves acknowledging an action or decision but denying its impact on the unwanted outcome.
3. Blame-shifting. This involves blaming someone else for the unwanted outcome that they caused or contributed to.
Wait…so TDS only afflicts the haters? MAGA behavior itself isn’t a form of TDS?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Of course one can't get reliable information, but word is the Ukrainian's accidentally shot down their own F16 with a Patriot.

Ukraine says the pilot was flying and killing like the Ghost of Kiev when a malfunction caused the plane to do down.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Watching CH beat these unarmed idiots like this is borderline disgusting, but I can't stop watching. 5 on 1 and they all fail like all democrats do.

I love it
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:14 am Watching CH beat these unarmed idiots like this is borderline disgusting, but I can't stop watching. 5 on 1 and they all fail like all democrats do.

I love it
It's because they won't educate themselves. Too lazy.
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3

Post by Caribbean Hen »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:58 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:14 am Watching CH beat these unarmed idiots like this is borderline disgusting, but I can't stop watching. 5 on 1 and they all fail like all democrats do.

I love it
Non sense Bobcat, I can name 3 posters that do a much better job with these Cuckoo's than me.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:56 am

Non sense Bobcat, I can name 3 posters that do a much better job with these Cuckoo's than me.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I love it
Her ya go.

And make sure you read the entire peace. It’s a good primer for how MAGA is being manipulated.

After all, you wouldn’t want to be accused as lazy, would ya?
The pamphlet distributed at the “peace in Ukraine” conference illustrates how “corrupt authoritarians are accessing and abusing our system to undermine U.S. national security,” said Kristofer Harrison, who was a Defense and State Department adviser during the George W. Bush administration.

Ian Brzezinski, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for Europe and NATO policy under Bush, said of the pamphlet: “It looks like it was written by the Kremlin.”
Vladimir Putin and Viktor Orbán

Orban (left), shown with Russian President Vladimir Putin in July, is one “tool” of a broader Russian influence campaign that’s reached deep into Washington’s corridors of power, said Ian Brzezinski, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for Europe and NATO policy in the George W. Bush administration. | Alexander Nemenov/AFP via Getty Images
Orbán is one “tool” of a broader Russian influence campaign that’s reached deep into Washington’s corridors of power, said Brzezinski. He pointed to the recent comments from the House Intelligence and Foreign Relations Committee chairs, both Republicans, that Russian propaganda has influenced the party’s base.
https://www.politico.com/news/2024/09/0 ... 8TGMRSDo_Q
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:36 am

Her ya go.

And make sure you read the entire peace. It’s a good primer for how MAGA is being manipulated.

The pamphlet distributed at the “peace in Ukraine” conference illustrates how “corrupt authoritarians are accessing and abusing our system to undermine U.S. national security,” said Kristofer Harrison, who was a Defense and State Department adviser during the George W. Bush administration.

Ian Brzezinski, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for Europe and NATO policy under Bush, said of the pamphlet: “It looks like it was written by the Kremlin.”
Vladimir Putin and Viktor Orbán

Orban (left), shown with Russian President Vladimir Putin in July, is one “tool” of a broader Russian influence campaign that’s reached deep into Washington’s corridors of power, said Ian Brzezinski, former deputy assistant secretary of defense for Europe and NATO policy in the George W. Bush administration. | Alexander Nemenov/AFP via Getty Images
Orbán is one “tool” of a broader Russian influence campaign that’s reached deep into Washington’s corridors of power, said Brzezinski. He pointed to the recent comments from the House Intelligence and Foreign Relations Committee chairs, both Republicans, that Russian propaganda has influenced the party’s base.
:rofl: Such hyperbole! It has to be true! And it's from Politico, so you know it's not full of shit.

Victor Orban. Really?

Hey? How's your claim on the F-16's and the tipping of the war going?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:57 am
kalm wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:36 am
Her ya go.

:rofl: Such hyperbole! It has to be true! And it's from Politico, so you know it's not full of shit.

Victor Orban. Really?

How does attacking the source (Politico) when you can't refute the information fit into the list of logical fallacies and denial, denial of impact, blameshifting that you like to trot out?

Did kalm make claiims F-16s tipping the war or is it more made up BS like your claims that I made untrue posts about Covington catholic?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:31 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:57 am

Victor Orban. Really?

How does attacking the source (Politico) when you can't refute the information fit into the list of logical fallacies and denial, denial of impact, blameshifting that you like to trot out?

Did kalm make claiims F-16s tipping the war or is it more made up BS like your claims that I made untrue posts about Covington catholic?
You know what you said!

Klam flipped me shit because I pointed out the high maintenance cost of keeping them serviceable. This wasn't a service issue, but his belief they would turn the war were...wrong.

It's another example in how Ukraine is given equipment, but at a much more inferior level to Russian capabilities.

Now you see this awful loss due to inexperience.