The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Political discussions
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by ∞∞∞ »

So Mulvaney straight up admits the administration withheld money in order to investigate Democrats.

This President and his staff are the stupidest in American history.
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:So Mulvaney straight up admits the administration withheld money in order to investigate Democrats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:So Mulvaney straight up admits the administration withheld money in order to investigate Democrats.

So then why don’t we see you argue that what they have admitted to is legal?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote: Image

The results of the last 3 years of flailing around speak for itself.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote: Image

Don't we have some sort of an agreement we will work with Ukraine to uncover corruption?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:
Don't we have some sort of an agreement we will work with Ukraine to uncover corruption?
Ok that’s a start and at least an effort over what css75 efforted.

So go on. What are the legal precedents regarding election tampering?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:

Are we starting with the Trump election tampering?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Well that’s the matter at hand. If you’d like to go back and find others who the Republicans failed to investigate, knock yourself out. They should be prosecuted too if they broke the law.

But first, answer the Trump question or else you’re just obfuscating.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Well that’s the matter at hand. If you’d like to go back and find others who the Republicans failed to investigate, knock yourself out. They should be prosecuted too if they broke the law.

Read for yourself.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ ... ire-233446

Trumps trying to get to the bottom of the 2016 election interference.

We'll see how it plays out.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Read for yourself.

:lol:

Like I said.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Read for yourself.

Like I said.
Oh, you have proof of some other Ukraine interference, because that was the Ukrainian government admitting to helping Hillary?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Read for yourself.

Like I said.
Can’t prove a negative.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Like I said.
Oh, you have proof of some other Ukraine interference, because that was the Ukrainian government admitting to helping Hillary?
Yes. Trump and Mulvaney told me about it.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:

Like I said.
Can’t prove a negative.

Jesus fucking Christ on a brush hog. :ohno:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:
css75 wrote:
Can’t prove a negative.

What's the point anymore? Trump can stomp a puppy and they'll say it attacked him.

History will look down horrendously at these people.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:
What's the point anymore? Trump can stomp a puppy and they'll say it attacked him.

When it’s all said and done, what’s the percentage that will admit ‘oof...I really got that one wrong’?

It will literally be a whole demographic of crazy uncles.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

kalm wrote:When it’s all said and done, what’s the percentage that will admit ‘oof...I really got that one wrong’?

I fear Trump opened up the Pandora's Box of hate and stupidity and we'll suffer the social, political, and judicial consequences for decades, even as the nation continuously gets more progressive. Unless structural changes occur, the tyranny of the minority and crazy old uncles like AZ will be felt for a while.

I mean look at css75...Mulvaney publicly announces, "we're corrupt, get over it," and he doesn't give one sh*t. How do you even reach someone like that at this point?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by UNI88 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
kalm wrote:When it’s all said and done, what’s the percentage that will admit ‘oof...I really got that one wrong’?

I fear Trump opened up the Pandora's Box of hate and stupidity and we'll suffer the social, political, and judicial consequences for decades, even as the nation continuously gets more progressive. Unless structural changes occur, the tyranny of the minority and crazy old uncles like AZ will be felt for a while.

I mean look at css75...Mulvaney publicly announces, "we're corrupt, get over it," and he doesn't give one sh*t. How do you even reach someone like that at this point?
Did they get it wrong? I didn't vote for him but I still think Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Who is responsible for putting forward a worse candidate than Trump?

What's really more damaging? Trump's bungling, public corruption or Hillary's more competent, covert corruption?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: I fear Trump opened up the Pandora's Box of hate and stupidity and we'll suffer the social, political, and judicial consequences for decades, even as the nation continuously gets more progressive. Unless structural changes occur, the tyranny of the minority and crazy old uncles like AZ will be felt for a while.

Did they get it wrong? I didn't vote for him but I still think Trump was a better choice than Hillary. Who is responsible for putting forward a worse candidate than Trump?

What's really more damaging? Trump's bungling, public corruption or Hillary's more competent, covert corruption?

I’m referring to those still in denial and/or defending Trump today. Not who voted for him. I have equal fun trolling friends and family who supported Hillary and the Dem establishment in general. I thank them for bringing us Trump and it’s typically met with anger, silence, or angry silence.

Hillary is simply a kinder, gentler form of corruption. Less damaging in some ways. The wildcard going forward is whether we address corruption BECAUSE of Trump. He’ll deserve some unwitting credit if that’s the case.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The Trump Whistleblower Extravaganza Thread

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

I’m referring to those still in denial and/or defending Trump today. Not who voted for him. I have equal fun trolling friends and family who supported Hillary and the Dem establishment in general. I thank them for bringing us Trump and it’s typically met with anger, silence, or angry silence.

Hillary is simply a kinder, gentler form of corruption. Less damaging in some ways. The wildcard going forward is whether we address corruption BECAUSE of Trump. He’ll deserve some unwitting credit if that’s the case.
My point is that the people who selected Hillary as their candidate have some responsibility for Trump. She was an unlikeable person who talked down to people and ignored/alienated blue collar working Democrats and that hurt in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc. Warren could end up being a similar candidate. (AOC could be helping further alienate them by targeting moderate Donks like Lipinski for primary battles)

I don't think Hillary's corruption was kinder and more gentle. I think it was sinister and more damaging. It was/is a cancer.

Trump is and always been a clownish, snake oil salesmen but in 2016 I thought he was a slightly better choice. I've been pleasantly surprised by the good things he's done so that gap is even wider now.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

My point is that the people who selected Hillary as their candidate have some responsibility for Trump. She was an unlikeable person who talked down to people and ignored/alienated blue collar working Democrats and that hurt in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc. Warren could end up being a similar candidate. (AOC could be helping further alienate them by targeting moderate Donks like Lipinski for primary battles)

I don't think Hillary's corruption was kinder and more gentle. I think it was sinister and more damaging. It was/is a cancer.

Trump is and always been a clownish, snake oil salesmen but in 2016 I thought he was a slightly better choice. I've been pleasantly surprised by the good things he's done so that gap is even wider now.

1). I was saying the same thing as your first sentence.

2). Corruption is nothing new. I suppose you could make a case for Hillary’s corruption being more sinister or damaging. Perhaps more deceptive is the right word?

3). I agree with Trump on immigration (not the tactics, but the need) and I like playing hardball on trade. But neither has produced convincing results yet.

What else has he accomplished?

I’d like to think you can accomplish positive things without being crooked and milking the system for personal gain. That’s why I didn’t support Hillary. Maybe I’m wrong.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Yikes, I just read that article and I'm in fear of the banana republic coming into play tomorrow or the day after.

I think he nails it on the head with this premise early on. Trump is absolutely abhorrent, and I wouldn't vote for him for any elected position. no matter how inconsequential, and certainly not something as consequential as the Presidency. But there's a lot of truth to the idea that the Resistance is far more dangerous than anything Trump can do. We investigated a political campaign of a rival party during an election, we then passed a slew of dubious information about that candidate throughout government on the way out to ensure that it would be there and shared publicly once he takes office, as Taibbi points out the intelligence agencies made sure the President knew this was out there, and we've spent every waking moment of the current Presidency attempting to remove that President from office. I don't see how any of that is good, especially if it sets the precedent of this happening over and over again in future presidencies. The TDS thing and the Resistance are funny to a point, but when they spill over into irrational and maniacal obsession with removing a President at all costs, that's where I think it is more worrisome than a morally and intellectually devoid person being President. We vote on him next November - that's when the voters can impeach and remove him from office, if they so choose. And we don't need to make up stuff or inflate stuff to do it.
Question: If the Resistance is "far more dangerous than anything Trump can do" why would you not vote for him, given that his opponent will most decidedly be from said Resistance?
In good conscience. I couldn't vote for Hillary because of her rank corruption. I won't vote for Trump because of his personal abhorrence and his rank corruption. I don't know who his opponent is yet. If I don't like them I'm throwing my vote away again. I'm not going to vote for a bad candidate just because I only have a choice between two bad candidates. Not every Democrat I see so far would fall under the umbrella of The Resistance lunacy. I'll wait to see who makes it out of the nomination process.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
Yes. Trump and Mulvaney told me about it.
Zelensky says he felt no quid pro or the fact the transcript speaks differently than your version. Orange man bad though. Lol
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: 1). I was saying the same thing as your first sentence.

2). Corruption is nothing new. I suppose you could make a case for Hillary’s corruption being more sinister or damaging. Perhaps more deceptive is the right word?

3). I agree with Trump on immigration (not the tactics, but the need) and I like playing hardball on trade. But neither has produced convincing results yet.

What else has he accomplished?

I’d like to think you can accomplish positive things without being crooked and milking the system for personal gain. That’s why I didn’t support Hillary. Maybe I’m wrong.
How is he to "produce convincing results" when he's being fought tooth and nail at every turn? He's spent the entirety of his presidency fighting for the legitimacy of his presidency. And every idea...even the good ones that donks USED to support...is viewed as "the devil" because he supports it.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12