Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 2024 Primary

Post by BDKJMU »

Here's a LONG shot that sounds like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Never heard of him before, despite the amount of TV he's been on. Was just in Iowa to give a speech about fighting ESG orthodoxy (and the problems it's causing for agriculture) and hob knob with Iowa conks. Only 37. Son of Indian immigrants. Harvard undergrad/Yale grad school. Biotech entrepreneur & developer of medicines (5 that became FDA approved). Started anti ESG asset management firm. Written a NYT best seller. Has FU money- net worth reportedly a half billion. Apparently very telegenic, sharp, off the cuff speaker. Made hundreds of cable news appearances and has become regarded as 'one of the intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement.' Has already put together a team of 20+, including a few nationally known conks, for a potential run.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... n-00082414
Probably a guy who would get a cabinet position in a conk admin, and would be a 2028 or 2032 candidate... :coffee:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:Here's a LONG shot that sounds like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Never heard of him before, despite the amount of TV he's been on. Was just in Iowa to give a speech about fighting ESG orthodoxy (and the problems it's causing for agriculture) and hob knob with Iowa conks. Only 37. Son of Indian immigrants. Harvard undergrad/Yale grad school. Biotech entrepreneur & developer of medicines (5 that became FDA approved). Started anti ESG asset management firm. Written a NYT best seller. Has FU money- net worth reportedly a half billion. Apparently very telegenic, sharp, off the cuff speaker. Made hundreds of cable news appearances and has become regarded as 'one of the intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement.' Has already put together a team of 20+, including a few nationally known conks, for a potential run.
Probably a guy who would get a cabinet position in a conk admin, and would be a 2028 or 2032 candidate... :coffee:
Sounds like a conk Andrew Yang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

dbackjon wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:35 am
Fair question. Can trump energize his base enough to win the Republican nomination without the money?

His base likes sending him money as well - he'll just claim that the big donors are part of the swamp, and Grandma needs to dig deeper to save the country. (Works for Televangelists, same victims, and Bernie Sanders)
Yep, it’s a common tactic for snake oil salesmen.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Its official. The neocon announced today she is running.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki- ... leadership
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

She's such a bore. And she's just not enough of a culture warrior to win.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:17 pm Here's a LONG shot that sounds like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Never heard of him before, despite the amount of TV he's been on. Was just in Iowa to give a speech about fighting ESG orthodoxy (and the problems it's causing for agriculture) and hob knob with Iowa conks. Only 37. Son of Indian immigrants. Harvard undergrad/Yale grad school. Biotech entrepreneur & developer of medicines (5 that became FDA approved). Started anti ESG asset management firm. Written a NYT best seller. Has FU money- net worth reportedly a half billion. Apparently very telegenic, sharp, off the cuff speaker. Made hundreds of cable news appearances and has become regarded as 'one of the intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement.' Has already put together a team of 20+, including a few nationally known conks, for a potential run.
What does he say about ESG?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:16 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:17 pm Here's a LONG shot that sounds like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Never heard of him before, despite the amount of TV he's been on. Was just in Iowa to give a speech about fighting ESG orthodoxy (and the problems it's causing for agriculture) and hob knob with Iowa conks. Only 37. Son of Indian immigrants. Harvard undergrad/Yale grad school. Biotech entrepreneur & developer of medicines (5 that became FDA approved). Started anti ESG asset management firm. Written a NYT best seller. Has FU money- net worth reportedly a half billion. Apparently very telegenic, sharp, off the cuff speaker. Made hundreds of cable news appearances and has become regarded as 'one of the intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement.' Has already put together a team of 20+, including a few nationally known conks, for a potential run.
He was just on Clay & Buck on Tues..
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/l ... w-n1635890
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:53 pm Its official. The neocon announced today she is running.
I guess she forgot. April 2021:
I would not run if President Trump ran
https://theweek.com/speedreads/976985/n ... trump-does
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:12 pm
kalm wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:16 pm

He was just on Clay & Buck on Tues..
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/l ... w-n1635890
Thank you.

He’s partly right. It’s like fascism without the nationalism. His take would be more legit if he was consistent about ideology.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:53 pm Its official. The neocon announced today she is running.
I guess she forgot. April 2021:
I would not run if President Trump ran
That’s almost 2 years ago. trump could contradict himself in 24 hours.

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:40 pm
BDKJMU wrote:Here's a LONG shot that sounds like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Never heard of him before, despite the amount of TV he's been on. Was just in Iowa to give a speech about fighting ESG orthodoxy (and the problems it's causing for agriculture) and hob knob with Iowa conks. Only 37. Son of Indian immigrants. Harvard undergrad/Yale grad school. Biotech entrepreneur & developer of medicines (5 that became FDA approved). Started anti ESG asset management firm. Written a NYT best seller. Has FU money- net worth reportedly a half billion. Apparently very telegenic, sharp, off the cuff speaker. Made hundreds of cable news appearances and has become regarded as 'one of the intellectual godfathers of the anti-woke movement.' Has already put together a team of 20+, including a few nationally known conks, for a potential run.
Sounds like a conk Andrew Yang.

And its official. Ramaswamy announced his canidacy.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conser ... l-campaign
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:57 am
BDKJMU wrote: I guess she forgot. April 2021:

That’s almost 2 years ago. trump could contradict himself in 24 hours.

Quite the conundrum for him - I suspect he'd rather be the kingmaker than risk reinforcing his Loser status in the primary. He can tell that the jackals have lost much of their fear and will turn on him the instant they think its safe to do so. So he needs to keep the base whipped up and the establishment sweating and the rest of the field seeking to out-Trump him with the base.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Every major party candidate should do this. When an anchor for a major network tells a flat out, 100% bald face lie about a candidate, that candidate shoukd boycott that network until there that anchor does a full publicized retraction and apology..

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/02/22 ... gh-n707340
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:48 pm Every major party candidate should do this. When an anchor for a major network tells a flat out, 100% bald face lie about a candidate, that candidate shoukd boycott that network until there that anchor does a full publicized retraction and apology..

That's good, a childish response to childish behavior. Our politicians and our media act like toddlers and justify it by saying the other side did it first or did it worse. Maybe Mitchell and DeSantis need a time-out and no dessert for a week. That or they should grow the fvck up.

One of trump's legacies is normalizing childish and churlish behavior to the point where MAGAts cheer it on.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:03 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:48 pm Every major party candidate should do this. When an anchor for a major network tells a flat out, 100% bald face lie about a candidate, that candidate shoukd boycott that network until there that anchor does a full publicized retraction and apology..

That's good, a childish response to childish behavior. Our politicians and our media act like toddlers and justify it by saying the other side did it first or did it worse. Maybe Mitchell and DeSantis need a time-out and no dessert for a week. That or they should grow the fvck up.

One of trump's legacies is normalizing childish and churlish behavior to the point where MAGAts cheer it on.
No it isn’t. Its not childish at all to refuse to do business with an organization that slamders you with blatant lies, when there are other organizations you can take your business to that don’t slander you with blatant lies.

The timeout is on Mitchell & NBC- all she has to do is a public apology & acknowledge she lied about Desantis. Then the Desantis campaign would go back to dealing with NBC..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:03 pm

No it isn’t. Its not childish at all to refuse to do business with an organization that slamders you with blatant lies, when there are other organizations you can take your business to that don’t slander you with blatant lies.

The timeout is on Mitchell & NBC- all she has to do is a public apology & acknowledge she lied about Desantis. Then the Desantis campaign would go back to dealing with NBC.
He's an elected government official, he represents all Floridians even those that don't agree with him and he shouldn't be picking sides.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:54 pm

The timeout is on Mitchell & NBC- all she has to do is a public apology & acknowledge she lied about Desantis. Then the Desantis campaign would go back to dealing with NBC.
He's an elected government official, he represents all Floridians even those that don't agree with him and he shouldn't be picking sides.
:nod:

And if you run for cover from little old Andrea Mitchell, what’s going to happen when you face some heat in the primary or general?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

That would maybe be true if she had just given a negative opinion or asked a tough question. But that's not the case. She blatantly lied. Not doing business with someone who does that isn't picking sides.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKalmR wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:44 pm
That would maybe be true if she had just given a negative opinion or asked a tough question. But that's not the case. She blatantly lied. Not doing business with someone who does that isn't picking sides.
trump blatantly lied about the 2020 election being stolen. The Republican Party should not do business with him, he shouldn't be allowed on the ballot in 2024.

The irony of trump supporters complaining about someone else lying is so rich.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:49 pm
BDKalmR wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:44 pm
trump blatantly lied about the 2020 election being stolen. The Republican Party should not do business with him, he shouldn't be allowed on the ballot in 2024.

Not necessarily. If he doesn't believe it was stolen, then yes he is blatantly lying. But if he honestly believes it was stolen, he isn't blatantly lying. He may very well be dead wrong, but that isn't lying.

And while there hasn't been evidence presented to prove it it was stolen, only multiple statistical anomalies, which doesn't prove anything. On the flip side you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't stolen. Its something that's not proveable either way. Same goes with donks who believe 2016 was stolen.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:16 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:49 pm

Not necessarily. If he doesn't believe it was stolen, then yes he is blatantly lying. But if he honestly believes it was stolen, he isn't blatantly lying. He may very well be dead wrong, but that isn't lying.

And while there hasn't been evidence presented to prove it it was stolen, only multiple statistical anomalies, which doesn't prove anything. On the flip side you can't prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it wasn't stolen. Its something that's not proveable either way. Same goes with donks who believe 2016 was stolen.
My unprofessional psychological opinion is that trump honestly believes the election was stolen not because it was but because he's mentally ill.

He thinks that only losers lose elections and he's sure that he is a winner. His brain is unable to handle the possibility that he lost and is therefore a loser so the election must have been stolen. Facing the reality that he is a loser who lost the election would be more than his fragile psyche could endure.

He is also a serial liar so the irony of his supporters complaining about lying is still rich.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:17 pm

And if you run for cover from little old Andrea Mitchell, what’s going to happen when you face some heat in the primary or general?
Lol Desantis isn’t running for cover- he’s punching back. The old way of doing business when R’s would just show up and get punched in the face by the media, and just give some weak response in return, that’s going to work with Desantis, because he’s going to punch back, and harder.

And Mitchell’s response earlier in the week wasn’t an apology, and she’s still lying..
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:18 am

Lol Desantis isn’t running for cover- he’s punching back. The old way of doing business when R’s would just show up and get punched in the face by the media, and just give some weak response in return, that’s going to work with Desantis, because he’s going to punch back, and harder.

And Mitchell’s response earlier in the week wasn’t an apology, and she’s still lying..
I’m sorry but “apologize to me or I’m not coming on your network” (which I haven’t really come on anyways) is weak sauce.

His MO is strength only through lib-owning law proposals and controlled media outings. We’ll see if he can show strength when directly confronted by a hostile press and primary opponents.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

That appeals to the MAGAt base. Let's see how it plays with moderates in a general election. trump being a bully who prioritized loyalty over electability cost Republicans the senate in 2022. trump's candidacy is forcing DeSantis to be more petulant and vindictive to compete in the primaries but doing so will hurt his chances in the general election.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:34 am

I’m sorry but “apologize to me or I’m not coming on your network” (which I haven’t really come on anyways) is weak sauce.
Apologize to me for blatantly lying about me or I’m not coming on your lib network isn’t weak sauce lol..