I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Israel-Palestine Drama Thread

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:20 pm
Bobskat wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:05 pm
So the jews didnt kill Jesus? :? :shock: :? :roll:
Pontius Pilate was Jewish?
I think it was the Roman’s who at least killed Brian.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:22 am
UNI88 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:20 pm

Pontius Pilate was Jewish?

Frankly, I think the People's Front of Judea deserve most of the blame for Brian's death as they were more than happy to have his martyrdom. Poor Brian.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 12:24 pm
kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 9:22 am

Frankly, I think the People's Front of Judea deserve most of the blame for Brian's death as they were more than happy to have his martyrdom. Poor Brian.
:lol:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Summer break is over. The pro Hamas campus crazies are baaack..
https://x.com/EYakoby/status/1828171657 ... r-n2178607
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:27 pm Summer break is over. The pro Hamas campus crazies are baaack..
Have these students divested from Israel? Given up shopping on Amazon? No longer use Chrome or other Google/Alphabet products?

PSA - when posting tweets, if you simply change the x.com/... to twitter.com/... the tweet will be imbedded so people can read the start of it without clicking on a link.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:38 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:27 pm Summer break is over. The pro Hamas campus crazies are baaack..
Have these students divested from Israel? Given up shopping on Amazon? No longer use Chrome or other Google/Alphabet products?

PSA - when posting tweets, if you simply change the x.com/... to twitter.com/... the tweet will be imbedded so people can read the start of it without clicking on a link.

:thumb:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Campus vandalism is wrong.

So is this.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:13 pm

So is this.

It is but it wasn't unprovoked either. You can argue you that they've taken it too far. And I can respond that they finally had enough with measured responses that simply gave hamas time to fundraise, train & rearm more terrorists before striking again.

I'll ask again, have these students divested from Israel? Given up shopping on Amazon? No longer use Chrome or other Google/Alphabet products? It's hypocritical to ask a university to not invest in companies with ties to Israel while you use products and services provided by some of these companies.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:58 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 6:13 pm

So is this.

It is but it wasn't unprovoked either. You can argue you that they've taken it too far. And I can respond that they finally had enough with measured responses that simply gave hamas time to fundraise, train & rearm more terrorists before striking again.

I'll ask again, have these students divested from Israel? Given up shopping on Amazon? No longer use Chrome or other Google/Alphabet products? It's hypocritical to ask a university to not invest in companies with ties to Israel while you use products and services provided by some of these companies.
Of course they haven’t. They’re Americans! Hypocrisy is our national mojo.

Not to re-litigate, but over half of the Palestinians are under age. They didn’t vote Hamas into power. They weren’t even born yet. And yes, the rest of the Arab and Owrdian world is responsible too. Regardless, Israel still has innocent blood on its hands. And we are facilitating it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 8:17 pm

Not to re-litigate, but over half of the Palestinians are under age. They didn’t vote Hamas into power. They weren’t even born yet. And yes, the rest of the Arab and Owrdian world is responsible too. Regardless, Israel still has innocent blood on its hands. And we are facilitating it.
What has been a more common sight? Gaza Palestinians protesting against hamas or celebrating a failure/loss by the US or other western nation?

Can you state with absolute certainty that the Israeli offensive won't save more lives then it costs over the course of time?

Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Iran is facilitating it and Dems are facilitating Iran by naively believing they can be managed … so dumb
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

In early 1945 over half the German population hadn’t voted the Nazis into power in 1933. But that didn’t stop the 8th AF and the Brits from leveling every major German city. And you didn’t have a bunch of campus lefties protesting over it either.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 7:44 pm

In early 1945 over half the German population hadn’t voted the Nazis into power in 1933. But that didn’t stop the 8th AF and the Brits from leveling every major German city. And you didn’t have a bunch of campus lefties protesting over it either.
So many differences here culturally, militarily, historically. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Well, looks Yemen just ran the US Navy out of the Red Sea.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:17 pm Well, looks Yemen just ran the US Navy out of the Red Sea.
No US military are in any combat zones anywhere in the world. :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:13 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:17 pm Well, looks Yemen just ran the US Navy out of the Red Sea.
No US military are in any combat zones anywhere in the world. :coffee:
that was a pretty stupid comment by Karenella Harris, but Dems are conditioned to tell blatant lies because they are enabled and backed by the port leaning media and of course Taylor will nod her head in support of all the BS :D

Biden/Harris are the worst leaders this country has ever seen, and I worry about the young men and woman serving in the US Military under these two idiots, they have both let everything fall apart on the global stage...
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Nate dropping some truth. The IDF is a terrorist organization now and Bibi is their leader.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

:nod:

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Those crafty Jews know how to retaliate. That is absolutely next level, kick ass playing to win. Brilliant

Palestinians better start helping Israel get rid of Hamas before there are none left to help. Gotta love how Israel protects its people, the US could learn something from them.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:13 am Nate dropping some truth. The IDF is a terrorist organization now and Bibi is their leader.

I'll have a go at this. If this is considered terrorism, isn't really almost all warfare basically terrorism them too? Take for instance what's happening in the Ukraine right now. Both sides, but especially the Russians, have been indiscriminately targeting and killing civilians since the war began. When they fire off missiles to hit anything they can in dense cities, clearly they are going to kill civilians, and possibly only civilians depending on the target and the precision of what they're firing. Is that terrorism?

When we conducted those series of drone strikes during the Obama years (and likely Bush and Trump and Biden) where we determined there was someone we wanted killed and of course it would be way too complicated to send troops into wherever to do it, we of course risked and encountered collateral damage and casualties. We knew someone we wanted to kill was in a car full of other people and we'd still send one of those can opener drones at it that didn't discriminate between target and innocent when it tore open the car and killed the occupants. Is that terrorism?

Going back to WWII, we, with the Brits, did 24 hour bombing runs over Nazi held territories in Europe. We dropped a heckuva lot of bombs and we knew that a good portion of them wouldn't hit the target and that there were schools and hospitals and lots of other buildings that would be housing non-combatants. Heck, the Brits dropped all of those incendiary bombs on Dresden and burned that city to the ground. Was that terrorism?

Same war, when we dropped the a-bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, there was no doubt that we were going to kill a large number of women and children and other non-combatants. Was that terrorism?

Really, any war or combat that we as Americans have participated in, we of course have collateral damage, both intended and unintended. Is that terrorism?

Getting back to Israel here. Hezbollah, located in Lebanon, has been lobbing bombs and missiles into Israel since Hamas launched their attack last October 7th. So that's about 11 months straight of daily attacks by Hezbollah on Israel. None of these attacks use anything precision, so these are basically bombs intended to blow up whatever they happen to land near, and since they're fired at population centers, they are clearly meant to kill ordinary Israeli civilians. Israel has had to relocate tens of thousands of people from their homes in the north because of the daily shelling of neighborhoods and cities by Hezbollah. Is that terrorism?

Of course Israel should be criticized to some extent here - they knew that coordinating the exploding of all of those pagers would of course kill people who weren't the intended targets. That's never a great decision. But, they also knew that all of those pagers would be in the hands of folks who were Hezbollah, and important enough Hezbollah folks to warrant a communication device. And that Hezbollah has been attacking Israel indiscriminately daily for almost a year. How is what they did different than what countries, even us, engaged in war do?
Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

Yep and the real point is, that it isnt anyones business how Israel defends itself.

Stay out of it
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Nah, Israel can go f*ck itself. I'm Lebanese and have a family member that got injured from shrapnel while shopping.

These pagers were everywhere. 2800 injured so far. It's an insane escalation by Israel. For what, 9 deaths? :roll:

Also literally textbook terrorism: THOUSANDS of bombs going off all at once around the country?

You'd call that terrorism if it was anyone else.

What an idiotic "plan" Mossad came up with, endangering innocent people like that. People were at schools and hospitals FFS. What if one was on an airplane? You'd really shrug and go "well downing an airplane is worth ONE member of Hezb?"
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Israel just opened up some FAFO on Hezbollah.. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

∞∞∞ wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:31 pm Nah, Israel can go f*ck itself. I'm Lebanese and have a family member that got injured from shrapnel while shopping.

These pagers were everywhere. 2800 injured so far. It's an insane escalation by Israel. For what, 9 deaths? :roll:

Also literally textbook terrorism: THOUSANDS of bombs going off all at once around the country?

You'd call that terrorism if it was anyone else.

What an idiotic "plan" Mossad came up with, endangering innocent people like that. People were at schools and hospitals FFS. What if one was on an airplane? You'd really shrug and go "well downing an airplane is worth ONE member of Hezb?"
:nod:

Sorry to hear about your family member, Trip. Hope they heal quickly.

:thumb:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

What's it been, 320 straight days or so (guessing, didn't do the math) of Hezbollah, from Lebanon, firing missiles indiscriminately into Israeli population centers and cities, where there are schools, hospitals, day cares, etc, and forcing 60,000 Israelis to flee their homes. Not been one mention of that in this thread until I brought it up in context of what Israel did yesterday to target members of Hezbollah. And mind you, Hezbollah is doing this in support of Gaza, and funded and directed by Iran to do so, not because they themselves were attacked. Where's the discussion on whether or not that constitutes terrorism? Wonder why that is.