Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: Trump vs Harris

Post by kalm »

Bobcat wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:34 pm Did anyone see that drooling political prop kid of Waltz crying like a bitch last night? How fucking embarrassing is that? What kind of parent does that to a child? Simply gross behavior
Yeah! Emotions are gross! :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Bobcat wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:34 pm Did anyone see that drooling political prop kid of Waltz crying like a bitch last night? How fucking embarrassing is that? What kind of parent does that to a child? Simply gross behavior
Prop? I don't know Gus Walz or the specifics of his disability but I would guess that staging something like this is unlikely.

Sudden fame for Tim Walz’s son focuses attention on challenges of people with learning disabilities

Gus and Tim Walz share a father-son moment that melts hearts of people watching the DNC

Gus Walz broke the internet with his tearful love for his dad. Then the bullying began
Gus Walz, who has a nonverbal learning disorder as well as anxiety and ADHD, watched excitedly from the front row of Chicago’s United Center and sobbed openly Wednesday night as his father, the Democratic nominee for vice president, delivered his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention.
Walz followed up by expressing his love for his family from the stage, saying, "Hope, Gus and Gwen, you are my entire world. And I love you."

Gus Walz jumped up from his seat, tears streaming down his cheeks, pointed his index finger and said, “I love you, Dad.”
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Jay Weber, a conservative Milwaukee radio host, made a now-deleted post on X criticizing the Walz family.

"If the Walzs (sic) represent today's American man, this country is screwed: 'Meet my son, Gus. He's a blubbering b---- boy. His mother and I are very proud'."

After removing the post, Weber apologized and claimed he didn't know Gus had a learning disability.
MAGA Enters Meltdown Mode Over Tim Walz’s Son at the DNC
But not everybody seemed to be on board the love train. Instead, the so-called “party of family values” decided to take potshots at the emotional high schooler.
SG, thoughts on this and the reactions of some MAQA yahoos?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA - putting the Q into qrazy qanon qonspiracy theories since 2015.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Sweet Jesus nearly every third tweet on my feed is Trump.

:rofl:

Seriously…he is not stable.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 8:33 am New University of Houston poll taken earlier this month poll shows Harris has cut Trumps lead nearly in half in Texas. Allred trails Cruz by just two.

Florida and Texas now in play.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/08/22 ... exas-poll/
Lol bless your heart if you think FL amd TX are in play. :lol:

Cruz is up by 7.4 RCP average.
https://www.realclearpolling.com/polls/ ... -vs-allred

BTW in the last 2 days been a swing in the gambling markets. Trump went from down by several to up by several. Polymarket he went from down by 5 to up by 3.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 1:11 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 6:14 am

You do see where the all-important momentum has shifted... :nod:
Yes. That poll in which Kamala was up 4 points...but when you look deeper, you see they over sampled Dems by +23

Great fake momentum. Just wait until they let her speak.
The closest sports metaphor would be "Walk Off Grand Slam".... :thumb:

Did she crush it or what, SG? :notworthy:
You matter. Unless you multiply yourself by c squared. Then you energy.

"I really love America. I just don't know how to get there anymore."John Prine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 3:58 pm
Prop? I don't know Gus Walz or the specifics of his disability but I would guess that staging something like this is unlikely.

Sudden fame for Tim Walz’s son focuses attention on challenges of people with learning disabilities

Gus and Tim Walz share a father-son moment that melts hearts of people watching the DNC

Gus Walz broke the internet with his tearful love for his dad. Then the bullying began
Gus Walz, who has a nonverbal learning disorder as well as anxiety and ADHD, watched excitedly from the front row of Chicago’s United Center and sobbed openly Wednesday night as his father, the Democratic nominee for vice president, delivered his acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention.
Walz followed up by expressing his love for his family from the stage, saying, "Hope, Gus and Gwen, you are my entire world. And I love you."

Gus Walz jumped up from his seat, tears streaming down his cheeks, pointed his index finger and said, “I love you, Dad.”
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that Jay Weber, a conservative Milwaukee radio host, made a now-deleted post on X criticizing the Walz family.

"If the Walzs (sic) represent today's American man, this country is screwed: 'Meet my son, Gus. He's a blubbering b---- boy. His mother and I are very proud'."

After removing the post, Weber apologized and claimed he didn't know Gus had a learning disability.
MAGA Enters Meltdown Mode Over Tim Walz’s Son at the DNC
But not everybody seemed to be on board the love train. Instead, the so-called “party of family values” decided to take potshots at the emotional high schooler.
SG, thoughts on this and the reactions of some MAQA yahoos?
Oh wow…I missed this.

The cruelty is the point I guess… :ohno:

This doesn’t hurt Walz in the least.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Bobcat
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by Bobcat »

What his dad did to him is child abuse and its sickening. Walz has no soul
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:51 am What his dad did to him is child abuse and its sickening. Walz has no soul
Saying that he's the "drooling ... kid of Waltz crying like a bitch" is sickening and the sign of someone with no soul.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:33 am
1988 was eons ago in terms of political landscape. Heck, I didn't get my first email address until I was a freshman in college in the fall of 1991, and even then we were one of the first ones to have email so I didn't have anyone really to send email to for another year or so.

There are convention bounces still today, for sure, but they are almost sampling anomalies. It's like showing someone a series of photos of an actress (say Zendaya) and then asking them to name the first actress they can think of - I'm sure Zendaya would be the response far more than if the photos hadn't been shown in advance. But this day and age, in the age of 24 hour news, social media feeds, and non-stop talking, elections are a grind. All it takes is one bad news segment and polls can move quite readily. Anyone who doesn't think this will be another close election, like it was in 2020, or it was in 2016, is crazy. Partisans are set in their ways, independents and moderates are generally unenthused one way or the other (Trump is a raving lunatic, and old, but might be better for the economy and immigration, while Harris comes across as an actual human being, seems to care about people, but also might not have a real clue how economies work, but is also far younger). This will be just like the last 3 elections - it'll come down to the purple states and whoever wins most of them, or the right combination of them, will win.

On the bright side, college football returns tomorrow so we'll have a few other things to look at rather than politics. :thumb:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:22 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:33 am
1988 was eons ago in terms of political landscape. Heck, I didn't get my first email address until I was a freshman in college in the fall of 1991, and even then we were one of the first ones to have email so I didn't have anyone really to send email to for another year or so.

There are convention bounces still today, for sure, but they are almost sampling anomalies. It's like showing someone a series of photos of an actress (say Zendaya) and then asking them to name the first actress they can think of - I'm sure Zendaya would be the response far more than if the photos hadn't been shown in advance. But this day and age, in the age of 24 hour news, social media feeds, and non-stop talking, elections are a grind. All it takes is one bad news segment and polls can move quite readily. Anyone who doesn't think this will be another close election, like it was in 2020, or it was in 2016, is crazy. Partisans are set in their ways, independents and moderates are generally unenthused one way or the other (Trump is a raving lunatic, and old, but might be better for the economy and immigration, while Harris comes across as an actual human being, seems to care about people, but also might not have a real clue how economies work, but is also far younger). This will be just like the last 3 elections - it'll come down to the purple states and whoever wins most of them, or the right combination of them, will win.

On the bright side, college football returns tomorrow so we'll have a few other things to look at rather than politics. :thumb:
The bolded is one of the best summaries of this election and our choices that I've seen. Nice work. :notworthy:

Thank heavens for football.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:25 am
Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 9:51 am What his dad did to him is child abuse and its sickening. Walz has no soul
Saying that he's the "drooling ... kid of Waltz crying like a bitch" is sickening and the sign of someone with no soul.
Sorry I dont deal in emotion like you skirts do. It was an observation based in fact and its on fucking video for everyone to see Im right.
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

Harris comes across as the single dumbest politician I have ever heard speak she is not informed, shes a pawn and she lies more than anyone in politics.

She cant run from actual facts that in the last 4 years while she was in charge, the economy sucked, inflation skyrocketed and our border was invaded. She cant run from any of it and she will find that out in November. The left had trashed Trump for 9 years and not they taut the single worst VP in history as a person thats gonna fix it all and the best she can do in the polls is basically a tie. She cant even clip the margin of error.

Shes fucked and our country will be saved because of it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:53 am
UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:25 am
Sorry I dont deal in emotion like you skirts do. It was an observation based in fact and its on fucking video for everyone to see Im right.
What fact is on the "fucking video for everyone to see"?

Do you have any experience working with neurodivergent individuals?

You're critical of a neurodivergent 17 y/o "crying like a bitch" but you're okay with 78 y/o (trump) throwing temper tantrums like a petulant toddler when he doesn't get his way or someone calls him on his lies.

Is "skirts" supposed to offend me or make me mad - :lol: You're going to have to try a lot harder.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:57 am Harris comes across as the single dumbest politician I have ever heard speak she is not informed, shes a pawn and she lies more than anyone in politics.

She cant run from actual facts that in the last 4 years while she was in charge, the economy sucked, inflation skyrocketed and our border was invaded. She cant run from any of it and she will find that out in November. The left had trashed Trump for 9 years and not they taut the single worst VP in history as a person thats gonna fix it all and the best she can do in the polls is basically a tie. She cant even clip the margin of error.

As a general rule of thumb, in the internet age, you can't criticize someone's intelligence and then in the very same post make about ten (10) different grammatical and spelling mistakes. Normally those things don't matter, except when you promote that you're smarter than someone else. :thumb:
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:07 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:57 am Harris comes across as the single dumbest politician I have ever heard speak she is not informed, shes a pawn and she lies more than anyone in politics.

As a general rule of thumb, in the internet age, you can't criticize someone's intelligence and then in the very same post make about ten (10) different grammatical and spelling mistakes. Normally those things don't matter, except when you promote that you're smarter than someone else. :thumb:
Cool, when im typing on my phone I refuse to give a damn about grammar, spelling and punctuation.

I dont have time to sit around on this board all day like you guys do
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:42 pm

Cool, when im typing on my phone I refuse to give a damn about grammar, spelling and punctuation
No worries, just saying. :coffee:
Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:42 pm
Bobcat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:42 pm

Cool, when im typing on my phone I refuse to give a damn about grammar, spelling and punctuation
No worries, just saying. :coffee:
Well if you didnt get the point then you probably are still burdened by waht has been and need to be unburdend
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:57 am Harris comes across as the single dumbest politician I have ever heard speak she is not informed, shes a pawn and she lies more than anyone in politics.

:rofl:

Saying that harris has been in charge the last 4 years is :dunce:

The economy sucked in the beginning and inflation is still hurting people but the market has done well.

The left has trashed trump for 9 years but he has also trashed the left for 9 years, complaining about it is "whining like a bitch". If you don't want to be trashed then don't trash others - or is the Golden Rule no longer a central principle of Christianity?

Worst VP in history? How soon we forget about Spiro Agnew, Dan Quayle, Henry A. Wallace and others.

Bobcat
Level2
Level2

Post by Bobcat »

I didn't forget about them she's simply horrible and you guys thought so as well when you didn't even look at her before you chose dementia Joe.

I know, I was one of them.

She just got a death blow now that RFK Jr dropped out and is backing Trump. JR just gave every single battleground state to Trump Tha k god
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Wow. After what RFK said today, I can't imagine how people believe Kamala is the better pick.

I said this to Uni St Behar. 12 of the last 16 years have been controlled by Obama/Biden, but the four years Trump was there has resulted in all our problems? Credulity at its finest.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 12:05 pm
Bobskat wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:53 am

What fact is on the "fucking video for everyone to see"?

Do you have any experience working with neurodivergent individuals?

You're critical of a neurodivergent 17 y/o "crying like a bitch" but you're okay with 78 y/o (trump) throwing temper tantrums like a petulant toddler when he doesn't get his way or someone calls him on his lies.

Is "skirts" supposed to offend me or make me mad - :lol: You're going to have to try a lot harder.
Bobqat…is that you?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:47 pm Wow. After what RFK said today, I can't imagine how people believe Kamala is the better pick.

I said this to Uni St Behar. 12 of the last 16 years have been controlled by Obama/Biden, but the four years Trump was there has resulted in all our problems? Credulity at its finest.
What did he say.

Keep in mind that I think RFK is more looney than Vermin Supreme.

I also think Ganny did a great job in summing up the choice between the 2 major party candidates:
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:22 amTrump is a raving lunatic, and old, but might be better for the economy and immigration, while Harris comes across as an actual human being, seems to care about people, but also might not have a real clue how economies work, but is also far younger).

When are you going to respond to my request for your thoughts on MAQA yahoos ridiculing Gus Walz. Was he a "drooling kid crying like a bitch"? They're your tribe, what do you think of what they've said about Gus?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:51 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:47 pm Wow. After what RFK said today, I can't imagine how people believe Kamala is the better pick.

What did he say.

Keep in mind that I think RFK is more looney than Vermin Supreme.

I also think Ganny did a great job in summing up the choice between the 2 major party candidates:
GannonFan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 11:22 amTrump is a raving lunatic, and old, but might be better for the economy and immigration, while Harris comes across as an actual human being, seems to care about people, but also might not have a real clue how economies work, but is also far younger).

When are you going to respond to my request for your thoughts on MAQA yahoos ridiculing Gus Walz. Was he a "drooling kid crying like a bitch"? They're your tribe, what do you think of what they've said about Gus?
The really short summary would be that he wanted to be a real choice, but through the efforts of the Dems, he has no chance.

For a hardcore liberal to be so turned off by his own party should speak volumes.

Ganny. :rofl: Guy doesn't give a shit about the wages of the minorities because of mean tweets. Low wages doesn't affect him, so he votes Kamala.

As you are talking specifics, can you give me a link about that liar Walz. Let me read the story. Not enough context to quote.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz