Hilliary's foot in mouth..again.

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Hilliary's foot in mouth..again.

Post by Ibanez »

Hilliary took another swipe at her DAUGHTER! She needs to be more careful. This isn't a political issue, it's a personal, family issue.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar ... clint.html
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: Hilliary's foot in mouth..again.

Post by Col Hogan »

MarkCCU wrote:Hilliary took another swipe at her DAUGHTER! She needs to be more careful. This isn't a political issue, it's a personal, family issue.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar ... clint.html
I can't read the link at work.....what did she say, what did she say??????
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

ABC News' Jennifer Parker and Eloise Harper Report: Sen. Hillary Clinton took a swipe at her daughter's profession today at an economic roundtable discussion at a restaurant in Parma, Ohio, suggesting wealthy investment bankers and hedge fund managers on Wall Street aren't doing real 'work.'

The former first lady's daughter, Chelsea Clinton, works for New York-based hedge fund Avenue Capital Group. She previously worked in New York for McKinsey & Company, her first job after graduating with her master's degree from Oxford University.

"We also have to reward work more," Clinton told a small group of Ohio residents today. "and by that, I mean, I have people in New York working on Wall Street as investment managers, as hedge fund executives. Under the tax code, they can pay a lower percentage of their income in taxes on $50 million dollars, than a teacher, or a nurse, or a truck driver in Parma pays on $50,000. That's very discouraging to people."

You just feel like, 'wait a minute. I'm working as hard as I can.' All those people you see in your law office. They're working as hard as they can and they feel like they're just getting further and further behind," Clinton said.

It's not the first time Clinton has taken a swipe against her daughter's profession. Campaigning in Wisconsin yesterday, Clinton railed against hedge funds as Chelsea sat off to the side.
I'd be embarassed and pissed if my mother said something like that about the profession i'm in.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

Thanks, Mark...

Yea, I'd especially be pissed if the remarks were made with me there...like HRC did in Wisconson... :wtf:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

MarkCCU wrote:
ABC News' Jennifer Parker and Eloise Harper Report: Sen. Hillary Clinton took a swipe at her daughter's profession today at an economic roundtable discussion at a restaurant in Parma, Ohio, suggesting wealthy investment bankers and hedge fund managers on Wall Street aren't doing real 'work.'

The former first lady's daughter, Chelsea Clinton, works for New York-based hedge fund Avenue Capital Group. She previously worked in New York for McKinsey & Company, her first job after graduating with her master's degree from Oxford University.

"We also have to reward work more," Clinton told a small group of Ohio residents today. "and by that, I mean, I have people in New York working on Wall Street as investment managers, as hedge fund executives. Under the tax code, they can pay a lower percentage of their income in taxes on $50 million dollars, than a teacher, or a nurse, or a truck driver in Parma pays on $50,000. That's very discouraging to people."

You just feel like, 'wait a minute. I'm working as hard as I can.' All those people you see in your law office. They're working as hard as they can and they feel like they're just getting further and further behind," Clinton said.

It's not the first time Clinton has taken a swipe against her daughter's profession. Campaigning in Wisconsin yesterday, Clinton railed against hedge funds as Chelsea sat off to the side.
I'd be embarassed and pissed if my mother said something like that about the profession i'm in.
Key word highlighted. The attempts at redistribution of wealth continue....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
MarkCCU wrote: I'd be embarassed and pissed if my mother said something like that about the profession i'm in.
Key word highlighted. The attempts at redistribution of wealth continue....
As it should.

Why should someone making millions pay a lower percentage than someone making $50,000?
:thumb:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: Key word highlighted. The attempts at redistribution of wealth continue....
As it should.

Why should someone making millions pay a lower percentage than someone making $50,000?
Why should someone be able to freeload just because they DON'T make millions? In all honest, it comes down to pure jealousy. We're jealous because we don't make millions.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote: As it should.

Why should someone be able to freeload just because they DON'T make millions? In all honest, it comes down to pure jealousy. We're jealous because we don't make millions.
I am not talking about freeloading. Why should someone wealthy pay a less percentage tax than someone else?

And no, it is not jealousy.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote: I am not talking about freeloading. Why should someone wealthy pay a less percentage tax than someone else?

It's jealousy masked as self righteousness. One person pays $5,000---and then gets back most (if not ALL) of it in reductions to AGI. One person pays $5,000,000. In taxes.

The tax RATE means nothing. REAL taxes paid as a percentage of income are HARDLY equivalent. Hell, jon, I reached a threshold this year where I've started having deductions being phased out, and I'm a HELL of a lot closer to $50K than $50million in income level.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote: I am not talking about freeloading. Why should someone wealthy pay a less percentage tax than someone else?

It's jealousy masked as self righteousness. One person pays $5,000---and then gets back most (if not ALL) of it in reductions to AGI. One person pays $5,000,000. In taxes.

The tax RATE means nothing. REAL taxes paid as a percentage of income are HARDLY equivalent. Hell, jon, I reached a threshold this year where I've started having deductions being phased out, and I'm a HELL of a lot closer to $50K than $50million in income level.
We will have to disagree then - no one will ever be able to convince me that no matter how MUCH in taxes they pay, if they are paying a lower percentage of their income than someone who earns less, that that is fair.

Now if you want unfair, consider the fact that over the past fsix years, while we were together, Rob and I paid more than $30,000 in Federal Taxes than if we were able to be married.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: It's jealousy masked as self righteousness. One person pays $5,000---and then gets back most (if not ALL) of it in reductions to AGI. One person pays $5,000,000. In taxes.

We will have to disagree then - no one will ever be able to convince me that no matter how MUCH in taxes they pay, if they are paying a lower percentage of their income than someone who earns less, that that is fair.

Now if you want unfair, consider the fact that over the past fsix years, while we were together, Rob and I paid more than $30,000 in Federal Taxes than if we were able to be married.
I'm solidly in your corner on that one. But I guarantee you that a family of 4 making 50,000 most likely pays ZERO in taxes if they own a home. Or, their effective tax rate is 5-7%....
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote: We will have to disagree then - no one will ever be able to convince me that no matter how MUCH in taxes they pay, if they are paying a lower percentage of their income than someone who earns less, that that is fair.

I'm solidly in your corner on that one. But I guarantee you that a family of 4 making 50,000 most likely pays ZERO in taxes if they own a home. Or, their effective tax rate is 5-7%....
Which sucks.....as the family of 4 is technically generating more use of taxpayer provided services (roads, schools, etc.) than Jon and his partner or my wife and I who have no children. It's not jealousy in my case....I don't begrudge people making fortunes. However, the tax rates should be equitable for all.....the rich man paying millions but a less percentage than me in taxes is just slightly (barely) more ethical than the poor person earning $5k per year ad paying no taxes......it sucks all the way around......especially the rewarding of certain social traits via tax refunds.... :evil:
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Appaholic wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: I'm solidly in your corner on that one. But I guarantee you that a family of 4 making 50,000 most likely pays ZERO in taxes if they own a home. Or, their effective tax rate is 5-7%....
Which sucks.....as the family of 4 is technically generating more use of taxpayer provided services (roads, schools, etc.) than Jon and his partner or my wife and I who have no children. It's not jealousy in my case....I don't begrudge people making fortunes. However, the tax rates should be equitable for all.....the rich man paying millions but a less percentage than me in taxes is just slightly (barely) more ethical than the poor person earning $5k per year ad paying no taxes......it sucks all the way around......especially the rewarding of certain social traits via tax refunds.... :evil:
You misunderstand. A $50,000 family of four that owns a home in all likelihood gets back almost ALL of the federal taxes they paid in because of child credits, interest deductions, etc. Their effective tax rate becomes MUCH smaller than the effective tax rate of someone who makes $50,000,000. There are virtually NO deductions (short of giving away millions) that will get THAT guy to a 5-7% effective tax rate. While the $50,000 guy's INITIAL rate may start out higher, he's got loads of deductions that are phased out WELL below the $50,000,000 guy's income level.