Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Seating Florida's Delegates

Post by Ibanez »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20080 ... b1gct_nm_1

and Michigan's is a bad idea. For one thing, it's too late. The political climate today isn't what it was at the time of thier resepctive votes. A vote for Obama might be b/c they see and know Hilliary for what she truly is. I'm not a supporter of HRC, but it would be unfair to her. Also, Obama wasn't on the Michigan ballot so voters there have not been given the chance to vote for Obama, if they had wished to do so. It isn't the fault of the voters, it's the party's fault.

Thoughts?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail

Re: Seating Florida's Delegates

Post by dbackjon »

They will end up being seated - and it won't matter...
:thumb:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

The Democratic Party created this problem. I don't have a problem with the rational they used, but why don't they have the cojones to carry out their edict...

If you don't intend to carry out a threat...don't make it...otherwise, everyone knows you to be the weakling you are!!!!!
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:They will end up being seated - and it won't matter...
It will Matter. The people of Michigan that wanted to vote for Obama and Edwards never got the chance. It's unfair to them.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail

Post by dbackjon »

MarkCCU wrote:
dbackjon wrote:They will end up being seated - and it won't matter...
It will Matter. The people of Michigan that wanted to vote for Obama and Edwards never got the chance. It's unfair to them.
The reason I am saying that it won't matter is that I beleive Obama will have the nomination wrapped up by then, and then, in the interests of party unity, will ask the delegates to be seated.
:thumb:
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote:
MarkCCU wrote: It will Matter. The people of Michigan that wanted to vote for Obama and Edwards never got the chance. It's unfair to them.
The reason I am saying that it won't matter is that I beleive Obama will have the nomination wrapped up by then, and then, in the interests of party unity, will ask the delegates to be seated.
That's an interesting point, jon...

By Obama asking for them to be seated, if that's how it ends up, it avoids having the DNC look like they set out a policy...then didn't have the gumption to follow it to the end...and it creates more party unity... :!:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Col Hogan wrote:The Democratic Party created this problem. I don't have a problem with the rational they used, but why don't they have the cojones to carry out their edict...

If you don't intend to carry out a threat...don't make it...otherwise, everyone knows you to be the weakling you are!!!!!
I'm sure when they issued that "edict" they had no idea it would potentially come into play at the convention....remember, Hildabeast was the "presumptive" nominee up until about 2 weeks before super Tuesday.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12