Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Political discussions
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 37293
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by 89Hen »

JayJ79 wrote:Meh, facts aren't going to stop people from ranting and making up/exagerating stories about people from the other party.
did you read the link? Dem colored glasses jelly found what he could and hoped nobody would read it.
Image
User avatar
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4523
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!
Location: Savannah GA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by bobbythekidd »

89Hen wrote:
JayJ79 wrote:Meh, facts aren't going to stop people from ranting and making up/exagerating stories about people from the other party.
did you read the link? Dem colored glasses jelly found what he could and hoped nobody would read it.
I read it. It said she never asked for a bigger jet. It as nothing to do with the topic.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Skjellyfetti »

bobbythekidd wrote:
89Hen wrote: did you read the link? Dem colored glasses jelly found what he could and hoped nobody would read it.
I read it. It said she never asked for a bigger jet. It as nothing to do with the topic.
It was in response to Col Hogan... which is why I quoted him and not the OP.

Whether or not Pelosi spent $100,000 on booze... I dunno. It's from World Net Daily and Judicial Watch. WTF. I don't give a shit about anything from obviously biased sources whether liberal or conservative.

If she did... then she's a cunt and I'm not about to defend her.





Edit: Wow! It autochanged c-u-n-t to kitty. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
I'll go along with a security requirement...and I doubt flying her and a security detail back and forth commercially would be more expensive...

But let's say she gets an Air Force jet for security reasons...

She DEMANDS the big Gulfstream G5...she was offered a smaller jet that would have to make one refueling stop but refused it...

Her predecessors, who got the smaller jet, only used it on occasions...her office regularly books the jet, putting people's lifes in termoil...then cancels if she decides to stay home...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp
And your point it???

I never said she demanded the C-32 or C-40...she demanded the C-37 Gulfstream...

She was offered a smaller jet, but it would need to stop once to refuel...the Snoppes story backs that up...

So...again....your point is?????
Last edited by Col Hogan on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17515
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
Location: SC

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by ASUG8 »

Back of the napkin @ $20 a bottle = 50 bottles a week. I doubt you can find many frat houses that can keep up that pace, and that's just in the air. :?
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Col Hogan wrote:
And your point it???

I never said she demanded the C-40... she demanded the C-38 Gulfstream...

She was offered a smaled jet, but it would need to stop once to refuel...the Snoppes story backs that up...

So...again....your point is?????
Read.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not request a larger plane for personal use to travel cross country without stopping, Bill Livingood, the House seargent at arms said.

Livingood said the request was his and he made it for security reasons.

"The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable," Livingood, who has been at his post for 11 years, said in a written statement."

"I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue," the statement said.
Tony Snow (Conk WH press secretary at the time, RIP):
As Speaker of the House she is entitled to military transport and... the proper arrangements are being made between the Sergeant in Arms Office in the House of Representatives and the US Department of Defense.

We think it's appropriate. And so, again, I think it's much ado about not a whole lot. It's important for the Speaker to have this kind of protection and travel
On the Judicial Watch documents:
In fact, it appears that Pelosi uses military aircraft less often than her predecessor, former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert.

The documents cover the period from January 2007 to November 2008 and show that Pelosi made the equivalent of 20 round-trips between Washington (Andrews Air Force Base) and San Francisco. That's an average of less than one round trip per month. In contrast, Speaker Hastert traveled home to his Illinois district virtually every weekend and, his former aides tell ABC News, he would almost always travel on military aircraft. Like Hastert, Pelosi occasionally leads Congressional delegations on foreign trips (the documents show six foreign trips: one to Asia, three to the Middle East, and two to Europe.
My point is that your stale, regurgitated, 2 and 3 year old falsifications are bullshit and I was just taking the opportunity to correct the record. :ugeek:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
And your point it???

I never said she demanded the C-40... she demanded the C-38 Gulfstream...

She was offered a smaled jet, but it would need to stop once to refuel...the Snoppes story backs that up...

So...again....your point is?????
Read.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did not request a larger plane for personal use to travel cross country without stopping, Bill Livingood, the House seargent at arms said.

Livingood said the request was his and he made it for security reasons.

"The fact that Speaker Pelosi lives in California compelled me to request an aircraft that is capable of making non-stop flights for security purposes, unless such an aircraft is unavailable," Livingood, who has been at his post for 11 years, said in a written statement."

"I regret that an issue that is exclusively considered and decided in a security context has evolved into a political issue," the statement said.
Tony Snow (Conk WH press secretary at the time, RIP):
As Speaker of the House she is entitled to military transport and... the proper arrangements are being made between the Sergeant in Arms Office in the House of Representatives and the US Department of Defense.

We think it's appropriate. And so, again, I think it's much ado about not a whole lot. It's important for the Speaker to have this kind of protection and travel
On the Judicial Watch documents:
In fact, it appears that Pelosi uses military aircraft less often than her predecessor, former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert.

The documents cover the period from January 2007 to November 2008 and show that Pelosi made the equivalent of 20 round-trips between Washington (Andrews Air Force Base) and San Francisco. That's an average of less than one round trip per month. In contrast, Speaker Hastert traveled home to his Illinois district virtually every weekend and, his former aides tell ABC News, he would almost always travel on military aircraft. Like Hastert, Pelosi occasionally leads Congressional delegations on foreign trips (the documents show six foreign trips: one to Asia, three to the Middle East, and two to Europe.
My point is that your stale, regurgitated, 2 and 3 year old falsifications are bullshit and I was just taking the opportunity to correct the record. :ugeek:
When was the last time YOU discussed this with the people involved, instead of counting on the internet to simply pull down what the politicians want you to know...and what makes your case...

You keep believing what you want...I know the people who work the office that coordinates with Congress for airlift...

Her office demanded...that's right, demanded, the Gulfstream...The Sgt at Arms works for her...he'll say what she wants...

And since Hastert took the little C-21 home lots of time...he didn't jerk the 89th Airlift Wing around by booking a plane then not using it...he didn't run up booze bills (I note Jelly avoided that little piece of this...) :roll:

And who said anything about overseas travel (CODELS)???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Col Hogan wrote:
When was the last time YOU discussed this with the people involved, instead of counting on the internet to simply pull down what the politicians want you to know...and what makes your case...

You keep believing what you want...I know the people who work the office that coordinates with Congress for airlift...
Sorry, I believe credible, sourced crap over some random dude on an internet message board that I don't know. :thumb:

I also remember you personally knowing the dude in the military that started that viral chain email during the 2008 election and backed it up as credible... then, shortly after the guy admits fabricating the whole thing. :lol: So... sorry, man. I don't believe shit you say unless you have credible shit to back yourself up. And, no, I don't consider World Net Daily to be credible.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Col Hogan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
When was the last time YOU discussed this with the people involved, instead of counting on the internet to simply pull down what the politicians want you to know...and what makes your case...

You keep believing what you want...I know the people who work the office that coordinates with Congress for airlift...
Sorry, I believe credible, sourced crap over some random dude on an internet message board that I don't know. :thumb:

I also remember you personally knowing the dude in the military that started that viral chain email during the 2008 election and backed it up as credible... then, shortly after the guy admits fabricating the whole thing. :lol: So... sorry, man. I don't believe **** you say unless you have credible **** to back yourself up. And, no, I don't consider World Net Daily to be credible.
well your memory is proven poor...again... :roll:

I never said I knew that guy...I said I contacted him, which was easy if you were on the military network (looked him up in the global address list and sent him an e-mail...) And he didn't admit fabricating the story (again, your convenient memory :rofl: )...he admitted he didn't have all the facts and made some assumptions that were proven wrong...a difference, as I see it...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 16373
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by SuperHornet »

Screw giving Pelosi an F-16. She doesn't have the clearance for that cr@p. Stick her in the back end of a C-130. One with the canvas seats. See how she likes THAT treatment.
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
User avatar
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4523
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!
Location: Savannah GA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by bobbythekidd »

SuperHornet wrote:Screw giving Pelosi an F-16. She doesn't have the clearance for that cr@p. Stick her in the back end of a C-130. One with the canvas seats. See how she likes THAT treatment.
I'm certain she has the clearance for that. It's the need to know that is a question.
Grizo406
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 5456
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:48 pm
I am a fan of: UM, MSU, GSU, ASU
A.K.A.: A true ICON/HOF'er
Location: NPR, Florida

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Grizo406 »

SuperHornet wrote:Screw giving Pelosi an F-16. She doesn't have the clearance for that cr@p. Stick her in the back end of a C-130. One with the canvas seats. See how she likes THAT treatment.
I don't think Pelosi deserves to be in one of the greatest planes that fly!

Image
Image
Image
Image
blueballs
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:00 am
I am a fan of: Cap'n's porn collection
A.K.A.: blueballs
Location: Central FL, where bums have to stay in their designated area on the sidewalk

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by blueballs »

For the love of God PLEASE don't put Pelosi in a F-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the pilot did a barrel roll her fake eyelashes would blow off, her false teeth would come out and she would soil herself and the entire interior of the plane.

I don't even want to think about or envision that scene any further... I'm going to drink now...


... but before I go drink I had another thought. Perhaps they should furnish that skank her own plane and call it "Seagull 1," because her tenure of speaker has resembled a seagull. You northern boys might not know much about seagulls so I'll explain...

A seagull is ugly and flies in making a ton of noise, craps all over everything, then flies off before anything can be done about it... just like that hag Pelosi.
Blueballs: The ultimate 'bad case of the wants.'
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44342
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by dbackjon »

Skjelly/truth - 1
Colonel Hogan/right-wing crap - 0
:thumb:
User avatar
bobbythekidd
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4523
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:58 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern
A.K.A.: Bob dammit!!
Location: Savannah GA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by bobbythekidd »

dbackjon wrote:Skjelly/truth - 1
Colonel Hogan/right-wing crap - 0
Are you trying to help or make this worse?
Skjellyfetti wrote:On the Judicial Watch documents:
In fact, it appears that Pelosi uses military aircraft less often than her predecessor, former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert.

The documents cover the period from January 2007 to November 2008 and show that Pelosi made the equivalent of 20 round-trips between Washington (Andrews Air Force Base) and San Francisco. That's an average of less than one round trip per month.
ASUG8 wrote:Back of the napkin @ $20 a bottle = 200+(I fixed it for acuraccy based on KY's "proof") bottles a week. I doubt you can find many frat houses that can keep up that pace, and that's just in the air. :?
Getting back on topic Jon. Holy shit! I doubt there are many fraternity rows let alone one house, at the FCS level that can keep up with her liquor spending on our dime.
User avatar
GOKATS
Level2
Level2
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:45 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by GOKATS »

blueballs wrote:For the love of God PLEASE don't put Pelosi in a F-16!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the pilot did a barrel roll her fake eyelashes would blow off, her false teeth would come out and she would soil herself and the entire interior of the plane.

I don't even want to think about or envision that scene any further... I'm going to drink now...


... but before I go drink I had another thought. Perhaps they should furnish that skank her own plane and call it "Seagull 1," because her tenure of speaker has resembled a seagull. You northern boys might not know much about seagulls so I'll explain...

A seagull is ugly and flies in making a ton of noise, craps all over everything, then flies off before anything can be done about it... just like that hag Pelosi.
Love it.................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Image
Image
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Skjellyfetti »

bobbythekidd wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:Back of the napkin @ $20 a bottle = 200+(I fixed it for acuraccy based on KY's "proof") bottles a week. I doubt you can find many frat houses that can keep up that pace, and that's just in the air. :?
Getting back on topic Jon. Holy ****! I doubt there are many fraternity rows let alone one house, at the FCS level that can keep up with her liquor spending on our dime.
:ohno:

The article the OP posted doesn't say Pelosi spent $101,000 on booze.
But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor
"In-flight services" including food and booze. Pretty fucking vague. What's all included in "in-flight services"? Security detail? Netflix? Dildos? We don't know. How much of the $101,000 was food? We don't know. How much of the $101,000 was liquor? We don't know. Article doesn't bother to say.

Shittily written article on a shitty "news" site. We are all dumber for arguing about it for two pages.
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44342
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by dbackjon »

bobbythekidd wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Skjelly/truth - 1
Colonel Hogan/right-wing crap - 0
Are you trying to help or make this worse?
Skjellyfetti wrote:On the Judicial Watch documents:

Getting back on topic Jon. Holy shit! I doubt there are many fraternity rows let alone one house, at the FCS level that can keep up with her liquor spending on our dime.
I am not the one that veared from the topic - Colonel did with his discredited slam on Pelosi.
:thumb:
User avatar
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
Posts: 16373
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:24 pm
I am a fan of: Sac State
Location: Lodi, CA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by SuperHornet »

Any word on Boxer and Feinstein in this regard? I'd love to get rid of THEM, too.
Image

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
User avatar
native
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5635
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:21 am
I am a fan of: Weber State
Location: On the road from Cibola

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by native »

GannonFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

As second in line for the Presidency, the security costs would probably outweigh savings from a regular Air Force Charter.

But she does need to cool it on the flights. Peanuts, anyone?
Just a clarification - the Speaker of the House doesn't always get Secret Service protection, correct? I'm sure the Speaker does when on foreign trips and the like, but only the President and VP get routine Secret Service protection. Just wondering/saying out loud.
I would hope that #3 in line gets Secret Service protection.
Proud Prince of Purple Pomposity
Image
Image
Image
YT is not a communist. He's just a ...young pup.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 25506
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Republic of Western Sussex

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Ivytalk »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
bobbythekidd wrote:
Getting back on topic Jon. Holy ****! I doubt there are many fraternity rows let alone one house, at the FCS level that can keep up with her liquor spending on our dime.
:ohno:

The article the OP posted doesn't say Pelosi spent $101,000 on booze.
But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor
"In-flight services" including food and booze. Pretty **** vague. What's all included in "in-flight services"? Security detail? Netflix? Dildos? We don't know. How much of the $101,000 was food? We don't know. How much of the $101,000 was liquor? We don't know. Article doesn't bother to say.

Shittily written article on a shitty "news" site. We are all dumber for arguing about it for two pages.[/quote]
The same way I feel after reading your posts. :coffee:

Was there room for the Botox and the Super PoliGrip next to the Maker's Mark? :mrgreen:
“Sure. I was wrong.” — 89Hen 7/27/2020
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3694
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:49 pm
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON UNIV
Location: Southern California

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by BlackFalkin »

Man what a party!
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Post Reply