Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Political discussions
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56637
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Ibanez »

It reads like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey … and Corona beer.

But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That's almost $1,000 per week.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123472

Her and the other Congresspeople that take advantage of thier privelage ought to be sued and required to repay America.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
mcveyrl
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:34 pm
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: mcveyrl

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by mcveyrl »

I have the perfect solution for this.

Put them in REAL Air Force jets. Not only is there not enough room in an F-16 for drinks, the face lift they receive would be an extra perk for them.

Win.Win.
User avatar
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Beamer, er, Fuenteball

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Rob Iola »

Ibanez wrote:
It reads like a dream order for a wild frat party: Maker's Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey's Irish Crème, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewars scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey … and Corona beer.

But that single receipt makes up just part of the more than $101,000 taxpayers paid for "in-flight services" – including food and liquor, for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's trips on Air Force jets over the last two years. That's almost $1,000 per week.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123472

Her and the other senators that take advantage of thier privelage ought to be sued and required to repay America.
Um, I share your opinion, but she's in the House...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
User avatar
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4727
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:23 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Norfolk VA

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

Ibanez wrote: Her and the other senators that take advantage of thier privelage ought to be sued and required to repay America.
Unfortunately they'd somehow steal the money from America in order to repay it. It's their way of life and we are expected to pay.
Image
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Col Hogan »

The stories I've heard about her staff demands to the Airlift Wing at Andrews make this tame... :ohno:

But, as is referenced in the story, if the AIr Force says no, all hell breaks loose...

We have an imperial government...and while Nancy is worse than her republican predecessor, the GOP is just as demanding.. :ohno:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56637
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Ibanez »

Rob Iola wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=123472

Her and the other senators that take advantage of thier privelage ought to be sued and required to repay America.
Um, I share your opinion, but she's in the House...

I should've said Congresspeople.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 56637
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:The stories I've heard about her staff demands to the Airlift Wing at Andrews make this tame... :ohno:

But, as is referenced in the story, if the AIr Force says no, all hell breaks loose...

We have an imperial government...and while Nancy is worse than her republican predecessor, the GOP is just as demanding.. :ohno:
They are all horrible. THink of the money she'd save the taxpayers if she flew commercial. OH THE HORROR! SITTING IN FIRST CLASS WITH....CITIZENS! :roll:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
User avatar
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 35688
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:01 pm
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ
Location: BSC

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Grizalltheway »

Ibanez wrote:
Rob Iola wrote: Um, I share your opinion, but she's in the House...

I should've said Congresspeople.
Or Congresscunt, in her case.
User avatar
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Posts: 44342
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:20 am
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: Killer Snail
Location: Scottsdale

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:The stories I've heard about her staff demands to the Airlift Wing at Andrews make this tame... :ohno:

But, as is referenced in the story, if the AIr Force says no, all hell breaks loose...

We have an imperial government...and while Nancy is worse than her republican predecessor, the GOP is just as demanding.. :ohno:
They are all horrible. THink of the money she'd save the taxpayers if she flew commercial. OH THE HORROR! SITTING IN FIRST CLASS WITH....CITIZENS! :roll:

As second in line for the Presidency, the security costs would probably outweigh savings from a regular Air Force Charter.

But she does need to cool it on the flights. Peanuts, anyone?
:thumb:
User avatar
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Beamer, er, Fuenteball

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Rob Iola »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
They are all horrible. THink of the money she'd save the taxpayers if she flew commercial. OH THE HORROR! SITTING IN FIRST CLASS WITH....CITIZENS! :roll:

As second in line for the Presidency, the security costs would probably outweigh savings from a regular Air Force Charter.

But she does need to cool it on the flights. Peanuts, anyone?
She needs to warm up a bit - or get a new PR person - she does come across as being a complete Leona Helmsley bitch.

If she wants to sell half the initiatives that she wants, then she needs to turn on the charm...
Proletarians of the world, unite!
User avatar
dgreco
Level2
Level2
Posts: 2024
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Bryant
Location: Boston

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by dgreco »

Red label? Really? She couldn't even get black label?
Image
Image
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 11954
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Col Hogan »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
They are all horrible. THink of the money she'd save the taxpayers if she flew commercial. OH THE HORROR! SITTING IN FIRST CLASS WITH....CITIZENS! :roll:

As second in line for the Presidency, the security costs would probably outweigh savings from a regular Air Force Charter.

But she does need to cool it on the flights. Peanuts, anyone?
I'll go along with a security requirement...and I doubt flying her and a security detail back and forth commercially would be more expensive...

But let's say she gets an Air Force jet for security reasons...

She DEMANDS the big Gulfstream G5...she was offered a smaller jet that would have to make one refueling stop but refused it...

Her predecessors, who got the smaller jet, only used it on occasions...her office regularly books the jet, putting people's lifes in termoil...then cancels if she decides to stay home...

Her predecessors did not haul family and friends like she does...

And then, the booze and food... :ohno:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 37293
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by 89Hen »

dgreco wrote:Red label? Really? She couldn't even get black label?
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. Most stuff on that list is rail or close to rail.
Image
User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 55728
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by AZGrizFan »

dgreco wrote:Red label? Really? She couldn't even get black label?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That was my first thought as well. And I don't even drink Scotch. :lol: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image
OL FU
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4297
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:25 pm
I am a fan of: Furman
Location: Greenville SC

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by OL FU »

We should at least send her a 1099 :D
blueballs
Level3
Level3
Posts: 2590
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:00 am
I am a fan of: Cap'n's porn collection
A.K.A.: blueballs
Location: Central FL, where bums have to stay in their designated area on the sidewalk

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by blueballs »

That's probably only a small sample of the booze her husband has to consume before he'd bag that skank...
Blueballs: The ultimate 'bad case of the wants.'
bandl
Towson
Towson
Posts: 18498
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by bandl »

As if anyone of us wouldn't do the same damn thing if we could...and we'd all find some way to justify it...

"What's $1,000 a week on booze? That's an iota of a cent compared to what we spend on defense every week."
User avatar
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17515
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
Location: SC

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by ASUG8 »

I heard Nancy's a puma when she's drunk...... :o :shock:
bandl
Towson
Towson
Posts: 18498
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by bandl »

ASUG8 wrote:I heard Nancy's a puma when she's drunk...... :o :shock:
F*ck you, I just threw up
User avatar
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
Posts: 3709
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Beamer, er, Fuenteball

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Rob Iola »

bandl wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:I heard Nancy's a puma when she's drunk...... :o :shock:
F*ck you, I just threw up
Puma - the new cougar?
Proletarians of the world, unite!
User avatar
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 17515
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
Location: SC

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by ASUG8 »

Rob Iola wrote:
bandl wrote:
F*ck you, I just threw up
Puma - the new cougar?
I think a cougar is over 40, and a puma rounds up toward 100....

Correction: A puma is under 32 year old, so Nancy is a cougar.
User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 13682
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Col Hogan wrote:
I'll go along with a security requirement...and I doubt flying her and a security detail back and forth commercially would be more expensive...

But let's say she gets an Air Force jet for security reasons...

She DEMANDS the big Gulfstream G5...she was offered a smaller jet that would have to make one refueling stop but refused it...

Her predecessors, who got the smaller jet, only used it on occasions...her office regularly books the jet, putting people's lifes in termoil...then cancels if she decides to stay home...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/pelosi/jet.asp
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15059
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by GannonFan »

dbackjon wrote:

As second in line for the Presidency, the security costs would probably outweigh savings from a regular Air Force Charter.

But she does need to cool it on the flights. Peanuts, anyone?
Just a clarification - the Speaker of the House doesn't always get Secret Service protection, correct? I'm sure the Speaker does when on foreign trips and the like, but only the President and VP get routine Secret Service protection. Just wondering/saying out loud.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
User avatar
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
Posts: 7323
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:41 am
I am a fan of: Delaware

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

bandl wrote:As if anyone of us wouldn't do the same damn thing if we could...and we'd all find some way to justify it...
I know I would. :lol:
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4253
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:52 pm
I am a fan of: myself

Re: Pelosi boozing it up on the American Dime

Post by JayJ79 »

Meh, facts aren't going to stop people from ranting and making up/exagerating stories about people from the other party.
Post Reply