Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Is this rape?

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Palestinian jailed for rape after claiming to be Jewish

A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with an Israeli woman who believed he was Jewish because he introduced himself as "Daniel".

By Adrian Blomfield in Jerusalem
Published: 10:00PM BST 20 Jul 2010

A court in Jerusalem has made international legal history by jailing Sabbar Kashur, a 30-year-old delivery man from East Jerusalem, for 18 months.

He was convicted of "rape by deception" following a criminal trial that has drawn criticism from across Israel.

The court heard accusations that Mr Kashur misled the woman, whose identity has not been disclosed, by introducing himself with the traditionally Jewish name during a chance encounter on a street in central Jerusalem in 2008.

After striking up a conversation, the two went into a top-floor room of a nearby office-block and engaged in a sexual encounter, after which Mr Kashur left before the woman had a chance to get dressed. It was only later that she discovered Mr Kashur's true racial background, lawyers said.

Although conceding that the sex was consensual, district court judge Tzvi Segal concluded that the law had a duty to protect women from "smooth-tongued criminals who can deceive innocent victims at an unbearable price"

"If she hadn't thought the accused was a Jewish bachelor interested in a serious romantic relationship, she would not have co-operated," Mrs Segal said as she delivered her verdict.

A conviction for rape by deception on the grounds of racial misrepresentation is believed to be internationally unprecedented, according to British legal experts.

The charge is rarely used in the West. In 2007, a Syrian pilot walked free from a court in Swansea after being accused of tricking a woman into intercourse by saying it could cure her of a sexually transmitted disease.

A court in Massachusetts also acquitted a man who allegedly masqueraded as his twin-brother in order to have sex with the man's wife.

While forced sex by deception is an offence under Israeli law, legal experts say it is a charge used sparingly in cases involving protracted deceit and a promise of marriage.

Kashur was originally accused of violent rape and indecent assault, but later accepted the lesser charge under a plea-bargain after prosecutors received evidence suggesting the encounter was consensual.

Kashur’s lawyer, Adnan Aladdin, said he had filed an appeal to ensure that the verdict was not considered precedent-setting, adding that otherwise “many men would find themselves in jail.”

Israeli legal experts said they found the verdict disquieting.

"In the context of Israeli society, you can see that some women would feel very strongly that they had been violated by someone who says he is Jewish but is not," said a former senior justice ministry official.

"The question is whether the state should punish somebody in that situation. It puts the law in the position of what could loosely be described as discrimination. I would feel intuitively uncomfortable about prosecuting someone for something like that."

Asked whether his client was the victim of racial discrimination, Mr Aladdin said he "would rather not comment". Others, however, were scathing.

Gideon Levy, a leading liberal commentator, said: "I would like to raise only one question with the judge. What if this guy had been a Jew who pretended to be a Muslim and had sex with a Muslim woman. Would he have been convicted of rape? The answer is: of course not."

Israeli human rights activists said that Kashur's actions reflected the deceits many Palestinians practise when in Israel in an attempt to avoid official and private prejudice because of their background.

"It is very well known that Israeli-Palestinians living in Israel disguise themselves," said Leah Tsemel, a human-rights lawyer. "You change your accent and you change your dress because if you look like an Arab you face harassment.

"If you want to enter a pub, you'd better not look like an Arab and if you want to have sex with an Israeli girl, you had better not look like an Arab."

The prosecutor in the case was unavailable for comment and officials in the Jerusalem district attorney's office declined to discuss it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ewish.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't believe we fund this theocratic cesspool. :evil: :ohno:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Re: Is this rape?

Post by Rob Iola »

Isn't this a stoning offense in Iran? Seriously?
Proletarians of the world, unite!
mebison
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU

Post by mebison »

Rob Iola wrote:Isn't this a stoning offense in Iran? Seriously?

For both of them...
Thread-killer extraordinaire.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

What does that have to do with anything?

Do we give billions of dollars to Iran every year? :?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
death dealer
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Appalachian Mud Squids
A.K.A.: Contaminated

Post by death dealer »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Yeah, but you'd probably like to wouldn't you, you little fascist?! Fucking anti-semite Nazi bastard!! :evil:

I think I just broke the record! Nazi in just four moves! Yes!! I'm awsome!! :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And as a jew, yes this is stupid. But that's why the hold the orthodox freaks have on political power in Israel has to be broken. It's not all of Israel's or all Iraeli's fault any more than Barack Obama is my fault. :ohno:
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

To answer the question posed by the thread title...NO, it is not rape...

Now I'm trying to figure out how we got from the question and the posted story...........all the way to how much money the U.S. government uses to support the state of Israel.... :ohno:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

What if the guy was a Christian?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

It's not rape, and it isn't theocracy so much as it is racism.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Col Hogan wrote:To answer the question posed by the thread title...NO, it is not rape...

Now I'm trying to figure out how we got from the question and the posted story...........all the way to how much money the U.S. government uses to support the state of Israel.... :ohno:
Well, jelly is, in his own way, trying to say that he doesn't believe Obama and the Dems are raping and deceiving the middle and upper classes. :geek:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Pwns wrote:It's not rape, and it isn't theocracy so much as it is racism.
You forgot stupidity...the girl for having sex with a stranger th same day you meet the stranger...and double stupid for believing anything a guy says; the guy (yeah, he got some 'tang, but he should have figured there would be trouble of some kind); his lawyer (it's OK to plea your client to a lower crime as long as you try to make sure it won't impact others - where is that "retard" smilie?); the judge; and anyone who thinks this is an actual crime.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

BlueHen86 wrote:What if the guy was a Christian?
He'd been sentenced to life in New Jersey.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

He was convicted of "Rape by Deception".

If a 17 year old poses as a 21 year old and has sex in this country with a person 30 years old, the 30 year old can be convicted of statutory rape. :shock:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

This thread is worthless without pictures.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

After striking up a conversation, the two went into a top-floor room of a nearby office-block and engaged in a sexual encounter, after which Mr Kashur left before the woman had a chance to get dressed. It was only later that she discovered Mr Kashur's true racial background, lawyers said.

"If she hadn't thought the accused was a Jewish bachelor interested in a serious romantic relationship, she would not have co-operated," Mrs Segal said as she delivered her verdict.
She has a different version of a "serious romantic relationship" than many of us, methinks. :ohno: Giving up the milk for free after a short conversation doesn't speak "lifetime committment" to me.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

No, it's not rape.

And no, this thread shouldn't have anything to do with how much we fund Israel.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
ATrain
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: ATrain

Post by ATrain »

GannonFan wrote:No, it's not rape.

+1 on both counts.
It was consensual sex between two consenting adults. If I end up having anal sex with a woman posing as a man (assuming it also happens in a completely darkened room), its not rape. We both consented, and its my fault for being stupid enough to not have any type of lighting to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.

And one court case isn't at all justifiable for ceasing funding to Israel. They're the only relatively tolerant country in the Middle East and a good ally. If they had oil underneath their sands, they'd figure out a way to be worth more than Saudi Arabia and the UAE combined.
Franks Tanks
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Lafayette College
A.K.A.: Big Sexy

Post by Franks Tanks »

ATrain wrote:
GannonFan wrote:No, it's not rape.

+1 on both counts.
It was consensual sex between two consenting adults. If I end up having anal sex with a woman posing as a man (assuming it also happens in a completely darkened room), its not rape. We both consented, and its my fault for being stupid enough to not have any type of lighting to make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.

And one court case isn't at all justifiable for ceasing funding to Israel. They're the only relatively tolerant country in the Middle East and a good ally. If they had oil underneath their sands, they'd figure out a way to be worth more than Saudi Arabia and the UAE combined.
Seriously dude?

Anyway if lying to a woman to get her to have sex with you is rape, 95% of the american male population would be in jail!
Benne
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: SDSU & Montana
A.K.A.: benne

Post by Benne »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

A court in Massachusetts also acquitted a man who allegedly masqueraded as his twin-brother in order to have sex with the man's wife.
Due to the size of this man's balls, I can't believe she couldn't tell the difference.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

That dumb bitch has been rendered Non-Kosher... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I wonder what the Re-Heebing process consists of. :o
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
JayJ79
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: myself

Post by JayJ79 »

After a night of heavy drinking, I thought I had picked up a real hottie.
But then in the morning, after the beer goggles had worn off, she turned out to be rather unattractive.

Perhaps I was raped by deception.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Polsongriz, that is a horribly disturbing picture.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:Polsongriz, that is a horribly disturbing picture.
So you find cross dressing jews disgusting? Too bad he wasn't black and you'd score the trifecta.

You are such a bigot. :ohno: ;)
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Post by polsongrizz »

JohnStOnge wrote:Polsongriz, that is a horribly disturbing picture.
Yep, and I think that is the point...not to mention it is funny as hell. :thumb:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
rueful
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty
A.K.A.: flamefans1971

Post by rueful »

she said "dont" and "stop" i thought that meant to keep going, how is that rape
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

Post by UNHWildCats »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

up until a few years ago having sex with my bf was a crime in Texas and several other states... why should I care what another country calls rape. If he purposely deceived here by using a jewish name than fine. If an HIV guy here tells someone he is neg so the person will have sex with him he has committed a crime and in some places here in the USA he would be charged with attempted murder. Not much of a difference... there should be consequences for lying