Political discussions
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Let the shit hit the fan...

Post by Grizalltheway »

:fuel: :hide:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ?track=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Let the shit hit the fan...

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote::fuel: :hide:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... ?track=rss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:lol:

I knew what the link would be before I even clicked it. I saw the headline a couple of hours ago. Do you think there's any coincidence this news was released late on a Friday night?

Kudos to Rep. Peter King of New York:

"It is insensitive and uncaring for the Muslim community to build a mosque in the shadow of ground zero," King said in a statement. "While the Muslim community has the right to build the mosque, they are abusing that right by needlessly offending so many people who have suffered so much.…Unfortunately the president caved into political correctness."
:nod:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Let the **** hit the fan...

Post by Gil Dobie »

The Muslim religion was not responsible for 9/11. People who claimed to be, and were thought to be Muslim, and probably were Muslim were responsible. We can't lump all Muslims into one group like D1B does the Christians.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Gil Dobie wrote:The Muslim religion was not responsible for 9/11. People who claimed to be, and were thought to be Muslim, and probably were Muslim were responsible. We can't lump all Muslims into one group like D1B does the Christians.
I don't think anybody is lumping all mUslims in with the 9/11 attackers. Putting a mosque there is simply in very, very poor taste, and anyone, even Muslims would have to know that such a move is in no way going to 'heal wounds' or promote understanding.

The Muslim world would be in a frothing rage if this situation were reversed and Christians were trying to build a new church in Beirut where Christian militias massacred Muslim civilians in the 1980s. And it would also be in very, very poor taste and not to be tolerated.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CID1990 wrote: The Muslim world would be in a frothing rage if this situation were reversed and Christians were trying to build a new church in Beirut where Christian militias massacred Muslim civilians in the 1980s. And it would also be in very, very poor taste and not to be tolerated.
This is America though, freedom of religion and more tolerant than most places in the world.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Gil,

I lump christians, jews AND muslims together = you are all shithead cultists. I hope you fucks just get it over with and kill each other.
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

D1B wrote:Gil,

I lump christians, jews AND muslims together = you are all shithead cultists. I hope you **** just get it over with and kill each other.
Thanks for the reply Lumpy
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

There are plenty of mosques in NYC, including lower Manhattan. No one is suggesting that the freedom of practicing the Muslim religion in NYC or the USA be curtailed. That is a smoke screen.

The project was originally named the Cordova (sp?) Project. That is the city in Spain where the Muslims burned down the Catholic cathedral and built a mosque on the site to symbolize the conquering of Spain. Due to the catching on to this, I understand the name has just recently been changed.

They have also worked hard to keep from disclosing the ultimate funding sources for this project. Can anyone thik of a reason why they don't want that known?

This project is incredibly insensitive to the families of those who lost loved ones on 9/11/2001, particularly when they have already scheduled the opening of the mosque for the 10th anniversary of this event. It is a giant finger to America.

Prior to 9/11, the World Trade Towers were just office buildings to Americans, but to the radical Islamists that committed the attack on them, they had a much bigger symbolism. I believe this mosque has a much bigger symbolism to those folks again as is shown by the original name of the project and the projected opening date.

We should allow Muslims to practice their religion here peacefully, but I do not believe that is the issue here for them, nor should it be for us.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

I think if I'm a muslim in NYC I'm finding a different mosque. Gonna be trouble at that one.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

These hajis want to put the mosque less than 600 ft from Ground Zero for ONE reason, and that is to antagonize the US and the victims of 9/11. The Imam who wants to build the mosque blames the US for 9/11 and refuses to acknowledge that Hamas is a terrorist organization. If there was no Ground Zero there, the mosque wouldn't be going there. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional. A 13 story (how tall is that- 150 ft?) Mosque located less than 600 feet from Ground Zero will tower over Ground Zero. :ohno:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote:If there was no Ground Zero there, the mosque wouldn't be going there. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.
He's run a mosque a few blocks away since 1983.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:If there was no Ground Zero there, the mosque wouldn't be going there. Anyone who believes otherwise is delusional.
And he didn't "blame 9/11 on the US". He said it was "un-Islamic", meaning, I would think, that the greater Muslim community didn't condone the attacks. Try getting your "facts" from someone other than Sean Hannity, Bukkakke. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
And he didn't "blame 9/11 on the US". He said it was "un-Islamic", meaning, I would think, that the greater Muslim community didn't condone the attacks. Try getting your "facts" from someone other than Sean Hannity, Bukkakke. :coffee:
You don't really support this thing do you? :shock:
native
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Weber State

Post by native »

D1B wrote:Gil,

I lump christians, jews AND muslims together = you are all shithead cultists. I hope you **** just get it over with and kill each other.
Too bad for you that the islamists kill non-Jews and non-Christians first, D. The everyday jihadists traditionally prefer to kill everyone, but the Calpiphs like to keep a few Jews and Chritstians around as dhimmis, so they can collect taxes from their work.
Proud Prince of Purple Pomposity
YT is not a communist. He's just a ...young pup.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
You aren't really against freedom of religion, are you? :shock:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
No, I'm not, nor am I against common sense and sensitivity.
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Grizalltheway wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Answer his question. Do you support this? Just because something is legal doesn't make it right, they should build their mosque somewhere else.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

93henfan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
No, I'm not, nor am I against common sense and sensitivity.
I understand why people feel as strongly about this as they do, but I don't think you can use that as justification for not allowing them to build it. In fact, you can draw some parallels to the Skokie ordeal back in the 70s. It's fine to disapprove of a group's agenda, actual or perceived (in this case), but as long as they follow city ordinances and regulations in building the thing, they have a constitutional right to do so.
native
Level4
Level4

Post by native »

Gil Dobie wrote:The Muslim religion was not responsible for 9/11. People who claimed to be, and were thought to be Muslim, and probably were Muslim were responsible. We can't lump all Muslims into one group like D1B does the Christians.
Not all, but most muslims do deserve to be lumped in with the jihadists, Gil.

Name the moderates? Not CAIR. Not Hamas. Not the Muslim Brotherhood. Not the "Cordoba Initiative" responsible for the Ground Zero Mosque. C'mon... name the "moderates."

The historical truth is that even "moderate" muslim caliphates are inevitably taken over by the violent jihadists. Name the exceptions?
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

BlueHen86 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
Answer his question. Do you support this? Just because something is legal doesn't make it right, they should build their mosque somewhere else.
I agree that it's insensitive, and like I said, I understand why people closely connected with the event feel as strongly as they do about it. But I think Obama did the right thing in publicly supporting freedom of religion.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

native wrote:

Name the moderates? Not CAIR. Not Hamas. Not the Muslim Brotherhood. Not the "Cordoba Initiative" responsible for the Ground Zero Mosque. C'mon... name the "moderates."

The historical truth is that even "moderate" muslim caliphates are inevitably taken over by the violent jihadists. Name the exceptions?
There are a billion Muslims worldwide. What percentage of those would you say are in any way associated with the groups you mentioned? :roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
native wrote:

There are a billion Muslims worldwide. What percentage of those would you say are in any way associated with the groups you mentioned? :roll:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
native
Level4
Level4

Post by native »

Grizalltheway wrote:
native wrote:

The groups I mentioned are but a small spit in the bucket representing the aspirations and ideology of the vast majority of mainstream muslims. This vast majority support sharia law, tacitly or overtly support terrorism and al-Qaieda, do not cooperate in the war on terror, and are indifferent at best to the pain, suffering and injustice meted to non-muslims. As often as not they are complicit.

Of course there are moderate muslims, and great muslims, and muslims worthy of friendship and political support. A tiny few. Salman Rushdie, Fouad Ajami, Raheel Raza... Can you find them on the front pages of the mainstream media? They DO exist, but they do not represent the muslim mainstream.

Sharia law and the Quran are truly evil, and direct affronts to freedom, democracy, and more epecifically to our Constitution, in the same way that the survival of Shinto and Bushido as practiced by the Japanese in WWII was irreconcilable with meaningful allied victory, and thus had to be brutally repressed and controlled for WWII to end peacefully.

Yes, the historian can find periods of relative muslim moderation and great cultural achievement, but the "moderates" have always been overcome by the ultra-violent jihadists. It is the immutable nature of the religion.

Better yet, go open a Christian-social-democrat club in downtown Islamabad or Ruyad. See how long you last.
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

At first look the gut reaction is that it is an insensitive act and so forth. I don't like the defining ourselves by what they would allow others to do in their situation but I can understand it.

Just trying to be outraged and stop this just seems like the wrong way to go about it to me. I caught a little bit of Jon Stewart the other night and one of the field comedians was taking that "not on my watch" angle and he was doing his report in front of a Mosque down in that area that was there before the Trade Center was even built. :lol:

Now I don't know the exact location but if there are Mosque's already longstanding in the are then this doesn't seem to be any different to me.

A better way to make your point and use their own logic against them is Greg Gutfeld's idea, which he has backing to do at this point as well. :lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/greg-gutfiel ... c-gay-men/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Gutfeld To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”
No, this is not a joke. In fact, it is instead one of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years. Greg Gutfeld from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ursus A. Horribilis wrote:At first look the gut reaction is that it is an insensitive act and so forth. I don't like the defining ourselves by what they would allow others to do in their situation but I can understand it.

Just trying to be outraged and stop this just seems like the wrong way to go about it to me. I caught a little bit of Jon Stewart the other night and one of the field comedians was taking that "not on my watch" angle and he was doing his report in front of a Mosque down in that area that was there before the Trade Center was even built. :lol:

Now I don't know the exact location but if there are Mosque's already longstanding in the are then this doesn't seem to be any different to me.

A better way to make your point and use their own logic against them is Greg Gutfeld's idea, which he has backing to do at this point as well. :lol:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/greg-gutfiel ... c-gay-men/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Greg Gutfeld To Open A Gay Bar Next To Ground Zero Mosque To Cater To “Islamic Gay Men”
No, this is not a joke. In fact, it is instead one of the most brilliant pieces of provocations in recent years. Greg Gutfeld from Fox News’ Red Eye announced today via his blog that he is actively speaking to investors and plans on opening a gay bar next to the controversial mosque being built near Ground Zero in New York. To make matters worse (better?) the bar will be specifically designed to cater to homosexuals of the Islamic faith. God, this is going to be an exciting block.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fight fire with fire!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12