The future of the Republican Party

Political discussions
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

The future of the Republican Party

Post by D1B »

This Palin thing is becoming dangerous. I see the republican party splitting into two separate parties soon.

1. Rational conservatives, essentially moral progressives and fiscal conservatives

2. God fearing, war mongering moral and religious tyrants disguising their hate with religion and patriotism.

This second group is essentially the existing republican base - violent, uneducated, gun-toting, religious whites from the south and rural areas across america. I see Palin as their leader and she has begun her push for world domination in 2012.

This is some scary stuff. It's long, fast forward to 3:00min, but worth it. Here you get yet another glimpse into the violent republican base, that McCain is catering to right now, so close to election night.

http://www.infowars.com/?p=5703
"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Re: The future of the Republican Party

Post by D1B »

THE REPUBLICAN BASE

"Sarah Palin absolutely blew AWAY the audience tonight. If there was any doubt as to whether she was savvy enough, tough enough or smart enough to carry the mantle of Vice President, she put those fears to rest tonight. She took on Barack Obama DIRECTLY on every issue and exposed... She did it with warmth and humor, and came across as the every-person....it's becoming mroe and more clear that she was a genius pick for McCain."

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

D1B wrote:This Palin thing is becoming dangerous. I see the republican party splitting into two separate parties soon.

1. Rational conservatives, essentially moral progressives and fiscal conservatives

2. God fearing, war mongering moral and religious tyrants disguising their hate with religion and patriotism.

This second group is essentially the existing republican base - violent, uneducated, gun-toting, religious whites from the south and rural areas across america. I see Palin as their leader and she has begun her push for world domination in 2012.

Agreed. Palin, as with cock at age 14, got a taste of the national scene and her quim will itch for decades now. Picturing her campaigning in camo chaps over black thong undies in '2012, listening to campaign endorsements from Ted Nugent, Babe Winkelman and Fred Phelps.

:roll:
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Cap'n Cat wrote:
D1B wrote:This Palin thing is becoming dangerous. I see the republican party splitting into two separate parties soon.

Agreed. Palin, as with cock at age 14, got a taste of the national scene and her quim will itch for decades now. Picturing her campaigning in camo chaps over black thong undies in '2012, listening to campaign endorsements from Ted Nugent, Babe Winkelman and Fred Phelps.

:roll:
Nice, cellulite and poop stains.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

This is some scary stuff. It's long, fast forward to 3:00min, but worth it. Here you get yet another glimpse into the violent republican base, that McCain is catering to right now, so close to election night.

A schism within the Republican Party is a definite possibility. Major parties have disintegrated before and it will happen again. If it does, it will be an interesting decade or so until a dominant replacement party emerges.

fyi - you forgot to include "intolerant" in the description of the second group.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

D, the split in the current Republican Party has been a long time in coming...and the neocons of Bush II have just made the process move along a little faster...

But...you gotta find a better source than Alex Jones...he's truely a wacko...I know him personally and can tell you some stories... :shock:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

Col Hogan wrote:

D, the split in the current Republican Party has been a long time in coming...and the neocons of Bush II have just made the process move along a little faster...

But...you gotta find a better source than Alex Jones...he's truely a wacko...I know him personally and can tell you some stories... :shock:
WTF? Alex Jones' website is the source of the video. The other shit is all me, and now you. Jolting Joe red herring SOB. :lol:

AZGrizfan - Summer 2008
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

D1B wrote:
Col Hogan wrote: D, the split in the current Republican Party has been a long time in coming...and the neocons of Bush II have just made the process move along a little faster...

WTF? Alex Jones' website is the source of the video. The other shit is all me, and now you. Jolting Joe red herring SOB. :lol:
WTF? I agree with your stuff...I didn't put you in the same category as Alex Jones...I just commented on him as a source...FOR ANYTHING...

You are touchy today...take a deep breath and see that we're not far apart...and stop focusing on one point... :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

D- I think this schism has already happened, and it's why McCain couldn't get elected. Even though I voted for him, I think he lost a lot of respect among rational conservatives when he felt the need to begin pandering to group #2. I heard the same theme repeated over and over in recent days: If McCain had been the McCain of 2000, he wins going away. Unfortunately, he (or his handlers) felt the need to run a 'Bush-like' campaign, and it cost him big-time. If he'd stuck to his guns and chosen Lieberman or Ridge as VP, I think he wins this campaign. Palin was a nice jolt in the beginning, but once the bloom was off the rose it became apparent to many that she wasn't ready for the national stage.

It's going to be an interesting four years. I TRULY hope Palin isn't the candidate in 2012.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:

D- I think this schism has already happened, and it's why McCain couldn't get elected. Even though I voted for him, I think he lost a lot of respect among rational conservatives when he felt the need to begin pandering to group #2. I heard the same theme repeated over and over in recent days: If McCain had been the McCain of 2000, he wins going away. Unfortunately, he (or his handlers) felt the need to run a 'Bush-like' campaign, and it cost him big-time. If he'd stuck to his guns and chosen Lieberman or Ridge as VP, I think he wins this campaign. Palin was a nice jolt in the beginning, but once the bloom was off the rose it became apparent to many that she wasn't ready for the national stage.

It's going to be an interesting four years. I TRULY hope Palin isn't the candidate in 2012.
Totally agree.....I was watching McCain's acceptance speech last night and saying, "Where the fok has this guy been? This is the McCain I would have voted for..." It's sad, but this election was partly a referendum on dirty politics and outright lies....it cost Dole her senate seat in NC...the electorate has grown weary of the Springer-esque accusations being tossed about and really want some civil discourse and debate....McCain should be kicking his handler's asses this morning and his own for listening to them....
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Col Hogan »

There will be many post-mortums on the election...I found this one interesting...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/ ... cnnSTCText

Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Post by Wedgebuster »

Col Hogan wrote:There will be many post-mortums on the election...I found this one interesting...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/06/ ... cnnSTCText
I found that one to be very accurate.