Political discussions

Who will you vote for

Romney
20%
Obama
No votes
Johnson
60%
Sarah Palin, because she is the only one capable of solving our problems.
20%

Total votes: 10

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Beside "he's not Romney or Obama,"why vote for Gary Johnson

Post by Ibanez »

Touche.

Discuss. :coffee:
Last edited by Ibanez on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Wedgebuster
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNC BEARS
A.K.A.: OB55

Re: Beside "he's not Romney or Obama,"why vote for Gary John

Post by Wedgebuster »

just to piss off the local election workers, I would have to write him in, he won't even be on the ballot here.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

Might as well abstain or vote for Obama if you vote for Johnson (or Ron Paul). Sure, you voted your conscience and can sleep better at night knowing you didn't overtly put either Romney or Obama in office, but you'll get the same consequences either way. :twocents:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

ASUG8 wrote:Might as well abstain or vote for Obama if you vote for Johnson (or Ron Paul). Sure, you voted your conscience and can sleep better at night knowing you didn't overtly put either Romney or Obama in office, but you'll get the same consequences either way. :twocents:
That's only true if you live in a swing state. I live in Illinois which will go for Obama regardless of my vote. A vote for Gary Johnson hopefully helps sends a message to the status quo parties.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UNI88 wrote:
ASUG8 wrote:Might as well abstain or vote for Obama if you vote for Johnson (or Ron Paul). Sure, you voted your conscience and can sleep better at night knowing you didn't overtly put either Romney or Obama in office, but you'll get the same consequences either way. :twocents:
That's only true if you live in a swing state. I live in Illinois which will go for Obama regardless of my vote. A vote for Gary Johnson hopefully helps sends a message to the status quo parties.
It won't. I might as well not vote because I know Romney will win.

Besides, did the status quo get the message with Perot?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Post by ASUG8 »

UNI88 wrote:
True - SC will go Romney no matter what I do.
death dealer
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Appalachian Mud Squids
A.K.A.: Contaminated

Post by death dealer »

Because the voices in your head coming in via the foil hat are telling you to. Otherwise, I can't think of a single good reason.
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
Appaholic
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana, WCU & FCS
A.K.A.: Rehab-aholic

Post by Appaholic »

He's supposed to be on the ballot in NC and I will vote for him. Unless there is a candidate from either of the 2 majors I really like (fat chance), then I will always vote 3rd party as they must have a certain number of votes to be on the ballot for the next election cycle. More choices the better....my message will not make a difference in my lifetime, but I hold hope that are children won't be as stupid & gullible as our parents & our generation...... :?
http://www.takeahikewnc.com

“It’s like someone found a manic, doom-prophesying hobo in a sandwich board, shaved him, shot him full of Zoloft and gave him a show.” - The Buffalo Beast commenting on Glenn Beck

Consume. Watch TV. Be Silent. Work. Die.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Ibanez wrote:Besides, did the status quo get the message with Perot?
Appaholic wrote:Unless there is a candidate from either of the 2 majors I really like (fat chance), then I will always vote 3rd party as they must have a certain number of votes to be on the ballot for the next election cycle. More choices the better....my message will not make a difference in my lifetime, but I hold hope that are children won't be as stupid & gullible as our parents & our generation...... :?
I'd rather be Don Quixote tilting at windmills than voting for the establishment or getting fed up and not participating.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Besides, did the status quo get the message with Perot?
Appaholic wrote:Unless there is a candidate from either of the 2 majors I really like (fat chance), then I will always vote 3rd party as they must have a certain number of votes to be on the ballot for the next election cycle. More choices the better....my message will not make a difference in my lifetime, but I hold hope that are children won't be as stupid & gullible as our parents & our generation...... :?
I'd rather be Don Quixote tilting at windmills than voting for the establishment or getting fed up and not participating.
Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at too.

You need to turn in your conservative card immediately if you vote for Mitt.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Ron Paul once again for me.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I'd consider it. But the problem is that, even though I am registered as a Libertarian, I will not vote for a person who favors the "pro choice" position on abortion. I can vote for someone who says it is a matter for the States to decide. In fact I agree with that. But if someone says that Libertarian principles mean that a woman has a "right" to hire someone to engage in a direct, fatal, attack on her own progeny (i.e., another individual) I will not vote for that person.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

JohnStOnge wrote:I'd consider it. But the problem is that, even though I am registered as a Libertarian, I will not vote for a person who favors the "pro choice" position on abortion. I can vote for someone who says it is a matter for the States to decide. In fact I agree with that. But if someone says that Libertarian principles mean that a woman has a "right" to hire someone to engage in a direct, fatal, attack on her own progeny (i.e., another individual) I will not vote for that person.
How do you feel about the woman doing it herself? Is that acceptable?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

ASUG8 wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
True - SC will go Romney no matter what I do.
As will DE being solidly in the Obama column, I vote GJ. He's a young man's RP. :nod:
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I'm a big third party /indie guy but I'd really have a hard time voting for a libertarian. The LP are really a lot like the progressives that want to blame all of our problems on Reagan, union busting, and tax cuts.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.