Zimmerman Trial

Political discussions
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Zimmerman Trial

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:I'm feelin' a lot of pent up anger so I'm calling a recess to this thread. Everyone needs to just take a break, masturbate for a bit, and release some "tension." We'll all meet back here in 30 minutes.

YT, I suggest http://xhamster.com/channels/new-ebony-1.html
I've rubbed so many out today I don't think there's any poison left in the snake.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

youngterrier wrote:Poverty can accelerate the problems listed. Poverty is a problem of the black community which can be attributed to lack of capital, lack of employment, and other things that the community isn't directly responsible for.
That's a problem in the white community too.

You make it sound like every white kid is born in the burbs to a dad making $250K+.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: the option
A.K.A.: Boss the Terrier

Post by youngterrier »

93henfan wrote:
youngterrier wrote: When it comes to things like drug arrests, the police don't come to white neighborhoods...
You keep making blanket statements like this that are obviously not true. C'mon man. You can do better.
blacks arrested more for drugs
http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/ ... 9web_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whites more likely to use drugs, less likely to be arrested proportionally. There are more studies but this was the one I found with a 5 second google search
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rdusda.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

ASUG8 wrote:
93henfan wrote:
And I voted for him in 2008 because I thought he was the best person for the job. That's sort of how I live my life.
Imagine if we applied affirmative action to professional sports:
72% white guys
12% black guys
6% Asians
10% other
:ohno:
I'll take it one step further:
63% non hispanic white
17% hispanic white
12.3% black
5% Asian
2.5% multiracial

Although the article "Census: White majority in U.S. gone by 2043" should have said "Non hispanic white majority on pace to be gone by 2043".
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06 ... -2043?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

93henfan wrote:
youngterrier wrote:Poverty can accelerate the problems listed. Poverty is a problem of the black community which can be attributed to lack of capital, lack of employment, and other things that the community isn't directly responsible for.

You make it sound like every white kid is born in the burbs to a dad making $250K+.
You mean to tell me that not every white person makes atleast $250k :shock:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

youngterrier wrote:
93henfan wrote:
You keep making blanket statements like this that are obviously not true. C'mon man. You can do better.
http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/ ... 9web_1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whites more likely to use drugs, less likely to be arrested proportionally. There are more studies but this was the one I found with a 5 second google search
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rdusda.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OK, so white people are arrested in their neighborhoods for drugs. Got it. :thumb:
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

93henfan wrote:

I don't disagree with that, you're putting words in my mouth. the "decadence" of black culture (bleh, I feel that's racist but that's another discussion for another time maybe) is largely due to poverty, which can be tied to discrimination historically and currently.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

93henfan wrote:
youngterrier wrote:

OK, so white people are arrested in their neighborhoods for drugs. Got it. :thumb:
no, not my point, ugh, you wanted stats I gave you them, sheesh. There are lots more
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

youngterrier wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I don't disagree with that, you're putting words in my mouth. the "decadence" of black culture (bleh, I feel that's racist but that's another discussion for another time maybe) is largely due to poverty, which can be tied to discrimination historically and currently.
:dunce:
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

youngterrier wrote:
93henfan wrote:

So again, what is the statute of limitations for how long you're going to allow black people to blame their situation on white people. It's been 148 years so far.

200 years? 300 years? Never.

Will living white people in America ever not be blamed for something they had nothing to do with? Will they have to step aside and let black folks get special treatment because of something the white folks had nothing to do with? How does this contribute to racial harmony in America?
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

youngterrier wrote:When it comes to things like drug arrests, the police don't come to white neighborhoods, when studies have shown white people are more likely to use drugs. New York's stop and frisk law is another instance of racism as people of color are stopped 8 times more likely than white people. The thing about law enforcement is that neighborhoods that have police patrolling them are more likely to get arrests than ones that don't.
THIS.

This is precisely why you are going to have trouble with most of the posters who have a little more experience than you. You are quoting studies that simply point out that police spend more time in predominately black neighborhoods than white ones. You haven't even come close to the stage where you are asking yourself why this is so. You're happy to take the stats at face value, quote them for the sake of argument and then move on.

I strongly suggest that you do a ride-along or three with your local PD. You might find that reality is something different from Sociology 101.

Sent from the center of the universe.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

youngterrier wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
You said cracker wasn't racists and then you reversed yourself by saying probably. You have a weak argument and you're getting emotional, we can tell. Stick with facts, not your feelings and thoughts off of what a few black guys you know told you. Don't treat people as if their knowledge doesn't mean squat compared to what you think.
<sigh>
It's racist by your definition, but it isn't by mine, does that make sense? in other words it's not prejudice + power. I conceded that it "could be" racist because I didn't think that was the important part of the argument. I was trying to communicate the important part (the disproportionate amount of discrimination that people of color face) and so I conceded that so you guys wouldn't continue to dwell on that.

It's important to know that whenever people of color are talking about racism or women are talking about sexism, they're using my definition of the term, so they'll laugh if you say men can be victims of sexism, whites of racism, etc.

It's also important to understand that my argument isn't solely on the perspective of a couple black guys, there's also a lot of theory that goes behind it that I haven't even really talked about, critical race theory being one of them. This is simple sociology.

I've dealt an argument and I've presented evidence about economic numbers and so on. You guys haven't. Until you can put forth some sort of statistical evidence that whites are discriminated more than blacks, I'm going to stand by my position
I don't believe anyone on here has claimed that. What they have pointed out, is that there is some discrimination against whites, which is true.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

youngterrier wrote:
Ibanez wrote: your dad is a wise man and you can learn much from him. That's why I brought his name up. Ocean of cum? Lovely.

Sent from my iPhone
You honestly don't know my dad so I'm going to respectfully ask you to stop talking about him. Exploiting him as some sort of coercive mechanism to shut me up is really cheap and annoying and overdone.
I've been around AGS since 2004 and have many many discussions with him on religion and spirituality. You don't know everything. It's advice.

Sent from my iPhone
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I'm feelin' a lot of pent up anger so I'm calling a recess to this thread. Everyone needs to just take a break, masturbate for a bit, and release some "tension." We'll all meet back here in 30 minutes.

YT, I suggest http://xhamster.com/channels/new-ebony-1.html
I've rubbed so many out today I don't think there's any poison left in the snake.
Xhamster has an Arab category.

Sent from my iPhone
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Ibanez wrote:
93henfan wrote:
Xhamster has an Arab category.
:tothehand:

Too hairy.
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

Ibanez wrote:
youngterrier wrote:
You honestly don't know my dad so I'm going to respectfully ask you to stop talking about him. Exploiting him as some sort of coercive mechanism to shut me up is really cheap and annoying and overdone.
I've been around AGS since 2004 and have many many discussions with him on religion and spirituality. You don't know everything. It's advice.

Sent from my iPhone
Never said I did. Stop using my dad as a caricature for you to exploit. He's a person and deserves more dignity than you credit him
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

youngterrier wrote:
Ibanez wrote:

I didn't say that nor have I implied you. You have a knack for putting words in peoples mouths. You should learn to listen and not be so goddamn arrogant.
Well you have a terrible habit of completely missing my point, and apparently monosyllabic sentences of no substance and abundant sarcasm are the only ways one can communicate properly on here, so I figured I would "dumb things down" in way you would respect.
You have a tendency to think you are smarter than everyone else. You're arrogant an obnoxious. No one here has said whites are more discriminated more than blacks. Having an intellectual conversation with you is pointless. You're still a child. You think you know everything and are irritated when the adults try to show you some wisdom and experience. It's actually quite pedestrian. If you would like to have a convivial discussion, then please remove the chip off your shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Xhamster has an Arab category.
:tothehand:

Too hairy.
Some women are too. :coffee:

:shock: :mrgreen:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

CID1990 wrote:
youngterrier wrote:When it comes to things like drug arrests, the police don't come to white neighborhoods, when studies have shown white people are more likely to use drugs. New York's stop and frisk law is another instance of racism as people of color are stopped 8 times more likely than white people. The thing about law enforcement is that neighborhoods that have police patrolling them are more likely to get arrests than ones that don't.
THIS.

This is precisely why you are going to have trouble with most of the posters who have a little more experience than you. You are quoting studies that simply point out that police spend more time in predominately black neighborhoods than white ones. You haven't even come close to the stage where you are asking yourself why this is so. You're happy to take the stats at face value, quote them for the sake of argument and then move on.

I strongly suggest that you do a ride-along or three with your local PD. You might find that reality is something different from Sociology 101.

Sent from the center of the universe.
Well I'm aware that the reason they do these things isn't "simply because they are black" but rather its problematic for a variety of reasons and oh look you typed something more than 2 sentences here's a cookie
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

youngterrier wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I've been around AGS since 2004 and have many many discussions with him on religion and spirituality. You don't know everything. It's advice.

Sent from my iPhone
Never said I did. Stop using my dad as a caricature for you to exploit. He's a person and deserves more dignity than you credit him
Dude, you have missed the point. Your arrogance is legendary. Btw, Did you miss the moment when I called him wise? There's no indignation there.

Sent from my iPhone
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

93henfan wrote:
youngterrier wrote:
So again, what is the statute of limitations for how long you're going to allow black people to blame their situation on white people. It's been 148 years so far.

200 years? 300 years? Never.

Will living white people in America ever not be blamed for something they had nothing to do with? Will they have to step aside and let black folks get special treatment because of something the white folks had nothing to do with? How does this contribute to racial harmony in America?
You're missing the point entirely. It's not a question of "when" it's a question of "under what circumstance"
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

Ibanez wrote:
youngterrier wrote:
Well you have a terrible habit of completely missing my point, and apparently monosyllabic sentences of no substance and abundant sarcasm are the only ways one can communicate properly on here, so I figured I would "dumb things down" in way you would respect.
You have a tendency to think you are smarter than everyone else. You're arrogant an obnoxious. No one here has said whites are more discriminated more than blacks. Having an intellectual conversation with you is pointless. You're still a child. You think you know everything and are irritated when the adults try to show you some wisdom and experience. It's actually quite pedestrian. If you would like to have a convivial discussion, then please remove the chip off your shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone
Oh please. This is a double standard if I ever saw one :roll:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

GrizFanStuckInUtah wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: :tothehand:

Too hairy.
Some women are too. :coffee:

:shock: :mrgreen:
:lol:

I like hair, but just enough that I don't feel like a pedophile. Keep it trimmed ladies! :thumb:
youngterrier
Level3
Level3

Post by youngterrier »

Ibanez wrote:
youngterrier wrote:
Dude, you have missed the point. Your arrogance is legendary. Btw, Did you miss the moment when I called him wise? There's no indignation there.

Sent from my iPhone
No, but the common trope on here and AGS is to bring him up to quell my criticism or arguments or whatever I'm talking about. It's overdone and it never works and at this point I think it's just a cheap way to use my dad as some sort of caricature. He's my father, stop.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

YT, serious question: have you ever, knowingly, been discriminated against because of your race? I know I have been. I've been beaten up for being catholic( thanks to the SC KKK), I've been taunted and beaten for being white( 5th grade, PE class.) it exists. You seem to think it doesn't.

Sent from my iPhone