Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Egypt

Post by houndawg »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:At least the left can't blame this on Bush.......those signs are spelled correctly.

:coffee:

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
:ohno:

ALPACAJIZZ1: Stupid to the bitter end
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

So, reports are that the Egyptian military had talks, within the last week, with our government and assured us that they would not be in power for very long...and that they guaranteed the safety of our embassy and people.

Yet, our government said they could not confirm reports of a coup, but were watching the situation closely.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Yeah somebody got to it before me so I'll post another version:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLdmxgRdMAM[/youtube]
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Cluck U wrote:So, reports are that the Egyptian military had talks, within the last week, with our government and assured us that they would not be in power for very long...and that they guaranteed the safety of our embassy and people.

Yet, our government said they could not confirm reports of a coup, but were watching the situation closely.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
So you're saying this administration is not being transparent?

That's an outrage! :lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

houndawg wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
The million dollar question is how much of the military would support the govt and how much would support the regular people. I think we would be surprised at how much of the rank and file would support the regular people.
The largest amount of support for the people would come from lower ranking enlisted men, E-4 and below. Troops on their first hitch. Supporters of the oppressor will be found in higher ranks as they have more invested in the status quo. Back when there was a draft there would have been zero support for the government and some fragings of officers and the Generals wouldn't have very many troops to carry out a coup with.
A lot of paychecks to those that are enlisted are dependent on the current government's continued existence. At the end of the day, its about money.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
The million dollar question is how much of the military would support the govt and how much would support the regular people. I think we would be surprised at how much of the rank and file would support the regular people.
The largest amount of support for the people would come from lower ranking enlisted men, E-4 and below. Troops on their first hitch. Supporters of the oppressor will be found in higher ranks as they have more invested in the status quo. Back when there was a draft there would have been zero support for the government and some fragings of officers and the Generals wouldn't have very many troops to carry out a coup with.
Says a guy who never advanced past E-4. I can assure you, having spent a career around mid-grade career officers there would have been a TON of support for the "people" amongst those officers I knew.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:I predict civil war and Egypt being split into 2-3 different countries within the next 5 years.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/08 ... t-clashes/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The military blamed the attacks on so-called "terrorist" groups. Late Sunday night military helicopters dropped leaflets on pro-Morsi protesters in the Cairo university area calling on Morsi followers and terrorists to end their protests.

Meanwhile, Egypt's top Muslim cleric -- Sheik Ahmed el-Tayeb-- warned of "civil war" and announced he was going into seclusion as a show of protest to both sides until the violence ceases.
:coffee:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I wish the damned Egyptians would stop fighting and fix the gawdamn infrastructure.

This is embarrassing:

Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Sounds like the shit's on over there. Reports of military killing over 50 Morsi supporters.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ivytalk wrote:Sounds like the shit's on over there. Reports of military killing over 50 Morsi supporters.
Meanwhile, America is simply enraptured by the Zimmerman trial. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Sounds like the ****'s on over there. Reports of military killing over 50 Morsi supporters.
Meanwhile, America is simply enraptured by the Zimmerman trial. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Right. Interest in international affairs lasts about 5 minutes, unless it's about the royal baby-bump. I'll take 10 Christiane Amanpours before I'd take one Nancy Grace.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Sounds like the shit's on over there. Reports of military killing over 50 Morsi supporters.
And Asian pilots...while everything else goes to hell.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

grizzaholic wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Hey, he walked away....that's a successful landing, right? As opposed to the poor bastards up in Alaska where FIVE TIMES AS MANY people died in their airplane crash... :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

So how soon will America intervene in the Egyptian Summer?

Sent from my iPhone
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Hey, he walked away....that's a successful landing, right? As opposed to the poor bastards up in Alaska where FIVE TIMES AS MANY people died in their airplane crash... :coffee:
You mean the one that wasn't in San Fran? The one in Alaska, where no one gives 2 shits about unless it involves oil?
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

grizzaholic wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
You mean the one that wasn't in San Fran? The one in Alaska, where no one gives 2 shits about unless it involves oil?
Yeah, that one.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

grizzaholic wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The one that involved Americans?
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Ibanez wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Haven 't you heard? Alaska isn't part of America and all it is good for is OIL. God the news has sucked balls since this Zimmerman thing happened...well long before that but as of late it has been bad.

Justin Halpern
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

grizzaholic wrote:
Ibanez wrote: The one that involved Americans?
Haven 't you heard? Alaska isn't part of America and all it is good for is OIL. God the news has sucked balls since this Zimmerman thing happened...well long before that but as of late it has been bad.
Who is Zimmerman? :coffee:
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Ibanez wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Who is Zimmerman? :coffee:
Not sure, but, YT said a Zimmerman is a white guilt thing. Still trying to figure that one out.

Justin Halpern
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

grizzaholic wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Who is Zimmerman? :coffee:
Not sure, but, YT said a Zimmerman is a white guilt thing. Still trying to figure that one out.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote:So is it going to blow up today?

And I thought our dear leader was beloved around the world.... :roll:

Haven't been out much lately, I take it?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

grizzaholic wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Who is Zimmerman? :coffee:
What else would you expect to hear fromYT? (pun intended) :coffee:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Ibanez wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:
Just read that 9 of the dead are from South Carolina. Let's have a moment of silence... :cry:
citdog
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: THE Citadel
A.K.A.: Pres.Jefferson Davis

Post by citdog »

Ibanez wrote:
grizzaholic wrote: Who is Zimmerman? :coffee:

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language"
"Save in defense of my native State I hope to never again draw my sword"