Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Re: Obama, Castro shake hands

Post by DSUrocks07 »

UNHWildCats wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I'm not a fan of that one. The President of the United States should be on equal footing with any other leader. No need to bow lower than the Saudi King or anyone else.
Greeting a King or Queen with a bow is not a big deal. Its custom in those countries to greet the monarch that way, so be it. But I can understand the opposition to it, since most in this country today show little or no respect to others.
This country was founded on not bowing to a King

And the respect card holds many uses.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
UNHWildCats
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: New Hampshire
A.K.A.: UNHWildCats

Post by UNHWildCats »

DSUrocks07 wrote:
UNHWildCats wrote: Greeting a King or Queen with a bow is not a big deal. Its custom in those countries to greet the monarch that way, so be it. But I can understand the opposition to it, since most in this country today show little or no respect to others.
This country was founded on not bowing to a King

And the respect card holds many uses.
John Adams bowed to King George. Hate the man, respect the position.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I think there's enough to be upset with Obama over without nitpicking this.

We could reduce that entire island to glowing ash in about 30 seconds. Why not shake Raul's hand?
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:I think there's enough to be upset with Obama over without nitpicking this.

We could reduce that entire island to glowing ash in about 30 seconds. Why not shake Raul's hand?
:lol:

Great perspective. :thumb:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

CID1990 wrote:I think there's enough to be upset with Obama over without nitpicking this.

Why not? Because that "family" is preventing a democracy to develop in that country that would ultimately provide me easier access to great cigars. Do we need another reason? :mrgreen:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CAA Flagship wrote:

Why not? Because that "family" is preventing a democracy to develop in that country that would ultimately provide me easier access to great cigars. Do we need another reason? :mrgreen:
Here's a news flash:

Nicaraguan cigars have been better than Cubans for 20 years now. And Dominican Cohibas are identical.
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

CID1990 wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Why not? Because that "family" is preventing a democracy to develop in that country that would ultimately provide me easier access to great cigars. Do we need another reason? :mrgreen:
Here's a news flash:

Nicaraguan cigars have been better than Cubans for 20 years now. And Dominican Cohibas are identical.
OK, what about the Women??
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

mrklean wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Here's a news flash:

They're pretty before they turn 25 and add the "pupusa gut"
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

UNHWildCats wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
I'm not a fan of that one. The President of the United States should be on equal footing with any other leader. No need to bow lower than the Saudi King or anyone else.
Greeting a King or Queen with a bow is not a big deal. Its custom in those countries to greet the monarch that way, so be it. But I can understand the opposition to it, since most in this country today show little or no respect to others.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the past. Yes, we should relish it. Blacks bowing to their masters and peasants bowing to their kings...both signs of subordination started through the idea of some person or persons were inherently superior to others. Brilliant traditions, UNH...let's keep those ideas afloat...respectfully, or course.

:dunce:

Hey, maybe we should start bowing over when we meet gays to show them we trust them not to rape us...and they, in turn, will bend over and sniff our butts to show us that they don't believe their shit smells any better than ours. :thumb:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

What's the impact to Florida? Hey! Free Chemo for all those old people. It's win-win.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

UNHWildCats wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
He can bow to the same level as the King or Queen bows to him. Bowing so far down that he can almost kiss the guys ring is too far. It might be respectful to the King or Queen but IMO it's disrespectful to his position. He's the President of the United States and the equal of any other world leader.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

I was making a bowing motion this morning bending over to shovel snow......
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote:I was making a bowing motion this morning bending over to shovel snow......
You should be subservient to Mother Nature, she can kick your ass!
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

CID1990 wrote:
mrklean wrote:
Pupusa Gut :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

mrklean wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Pupusa Gut :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I heard a new one the other day: Gunt. It's gut+cunt.

Fupa is my favorite.
Spoiler: show
Fucked Up Pussy Area
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Not sure it's OK, but I found this very funny for some reason...

http://www.wtop.com/220/3522566/Mandela ... led-a-fake
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- The sign-language interpreter on stage at Nelson Mandela's globally broadcast memorial service was a faker who was just waving his arms around meaninglessly, advocates for the deaf said Wednesday.

The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Bruno Druchen, the federation's national director, told The Associated Press...

"This man himself knows he cannot sign and he had the guts to stand on an international stage and do that," Parkin said...

The man also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, Druchen said. At that appearance, a deaf person in the audience videotaped the event and gave it to the federation for the deaf, which analyzed the video, prepared a report about it and a submitted a formal complaint to the ANC, Druchen said.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

UNHWildCats wrote:
89Hen wrote: You'd be up in arms if he kissed the Pope's ring.
no i wouldnt. While I myself am not religious, I have no problem with religion or religious leaders.
You should. :dunce:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

89Hen wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote:Image
They put the FUN back in funeral.
Wasn't a funeral, Dickhead. Was a memorial service. There were people singing and dancing there, you know CELEBRATING HIS LIFE.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

89Hen wrote:Not sure it's OK, but I found this very funny for some reason...

http://www.wtop.com/220/3522566/Mandela ... led-a-fake
JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- The sign-language interpreter on stage at Nelson Mandela's globally broadcast memorial service was a faker who was just waving his arms around meaninglessly, advocates for the deaf said Wednesday.

The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Bruno Druchen, the federation's national director, told The Associated Press...

"This man himself knows he cannot sign and he had the guts to stand on an international stage and do that," Parkin said...

The man also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, Druchen said. At that appearance, a deaf person in the audience videotaped the event and gave it to the federation for the deaf, which analyzed the video, prepared a report about it and a submitted a formal complaint to the ANC, Druchen said.
That's is priceless! :rofl: :rofl:

But, we have our own story...Obama also spends a lot of time in front of a microphone saying things that don't have any real meaning. :coffee:

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

D1B wrote:Wasn't a funeral, Dickhead. Was a memorial service. There were people singing and dancing there, you know CELEBRATING HIS LIFE.
You're right. Most folks celebrate Mandela by taking selfies and yucking it up. :coffee:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Let's see what the expert photo deconstructors and analysts make of this one. :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mrklean wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Here's a news flash:

Cuban women >>> Nicaraguan.....Cuban Women and Domincans are a wash.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

What if it was Bush taking selfies?

I can hear it now.....
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5

Post by YoUDeeMan »

The sign language interpreter story is hilarious! :rofl:

"The vetting of a sign language interpreter who got within three feet of world leaders including President Barack Obama during Nelson Mandela's memorial was being investigated Thursday after organizers admitted they were unaware of his violent history of schizophrenic episodes.

Thamsanqa Jantjie, 34, was accused of gesticulating gibberish during Tuesday's service. Members of the deaf community said his movements did not resemble any recognized form of sign language and some groups accused him of being a "fake."

Jantjie told Johannesburg's Star newspaper he started hearing voices in his head and hallucinated while at the Mandela event...

Jantjie later told The Associated Press that during the memorial he saw "angels" and had been violent in the past. He said he tried not to panic on Tuesday because there were "armed policemen around me."

Asked how often he had become violent, he said "a lot,” but he declined to provide details.

“I do not think he was just picked up off the street , he was from a school for the deaf," Bogopane-Zulu added. “Whoever saw him being able to communicate with his deaf peers, with his deaf friends, understood that he can speak sign language. [But] he could not translate. English was a bit too much for him…he became overwhelmed."

Jackson Mthembu, a spokesman for the ruling National African Congress party, told NBC News Thursday that he was concerned that Jantjie’s qualifications or medical history had apparently not been taken into account before he was given close access to world leaders at the government-organized event.

"We are not aware that he was being treated for [schizophrenia]. He did not disclose it." :shock: :lol:

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013 ... ation?lite" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

89Hen wrote:
D1B wrote:Wasn't a funeral, Dickhead. Was a memorial service. There were people singing and dancing there, you know CELEBRATING HIS LIFE.
You're right. Most folks celebrate Mandela by taking selfies and yucking it up. :coffee:
Not everything has to be the long, dour, depressing, long, boring, drawn out, long, guilt trip glorification of the church - not the person catholic ritual.

"John Smith died"

"Wow, that's terrible. What a great man. Where's the funeral?"

"St. Stanislaus"

"No fucking way. We aint going. I don't want my kids exposed to that shit and I don't want to sit there for 4 hours while some pedophile talks about the pope, sin and shit."

"That's fine honey, I agree, especially about exposing our kids to that cult. Lets call our friends and schedule an evening out to celebrate his life."

"Perfect, now give me a rusty trombone"