Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:10 pm
UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:54 pm

Links from these analysts who understand military capabilities showing that Ukrainian military deaths far outweigh russian military deaths. And reputable sources (i.e. nothing from Mr. Swiss cheese).

Why would russia make a feint toward Kiev?
Show me where Putin said he was going to storm across Ukraine first. That one should be super easy to confirm.

I asked first. Put up or shut up time chief.
Thats even weaker than your usual piss-weak take, you should be more aware of the effects dope has on your memory - the entire planet agreed that Ukraine would fall and fall quickly to the mighty Russian Army if the Russian invaded. The entire planet, including locals at Kyiv coffee shops the day before the invasion, also assured us that the noise was just little Vladimir rattling his saber. Unfortunately Little Vladimir jumped the gun by assuming that Fat Donald would be around after 2020 to pull the US out of NATO without a shot being fired. It was a beautiful plan - would have been one of the greatest political feats of the last 200 years - except that Fat Donald was too busy stealing from the public to take care of bidniz and will soon be a convicted felon.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:56 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:10 pm

Show me where Putin said he was going to storm across Ukraine first. That one should be super easy to confirm.

I asked first. Put up or shut up time chief.
Thats even weaker than your usual piss-weak take, you should be more aware of the effects dope has on your memory - the entire planet agreed that Ukraine would fall and fall quickly to the mighty Russian Army if the Russian invaded. The entire planet, including locals at Kyiv coffee shops the day before the invasion, also assured us that the noise was just little Vladimir rattling his saber. Unfortunately Little Vladimir jumped the gun by assuming that Fat Donald would be around after 2020 to pull the US out of NATO without a shot being fired. It was a beautiful plan - would have been one of the greatest political feats of the last 200 years - except that Fat Donald was too busy stealing from the public to take care of bidniz and will soon be a convicted felon.
Bullshit. You dopes on this board thought and still do think Ukraine was going to win. The whole sanctions were going to weaken Russia, his army would falter and he would be overthrown routine. You especially, still spout that nonsense.

Fact is, Putin NEVER said he was going to "storm" across Ukraine. He only said his goals were to denazify and demilitarize Ukraine, which he has done for the most part.

Ukraine made it easy because they kept sending men into a meat grinder. Ukraine never had a chance due to lesser capabilities, even when they had 8+ years to prepare with US help.

Your story holds no water, because Fat Donald was already gone.

As soon as you guys realize you've been lied to, you'll finally realize what happened.

UNI got caught in a trap again by making unfounded claims and is now obfuscating furiously.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

This is a big reason why Russia is outkilling Ukraine. The steps below were a copy paste from a blog.

Step #1: Advance reconnaissance units (often in force, with dozens or hundreds of drones overhead) to assess the situation; draw fire; relay to commanders raw video and geo-coordinates.

Step #2: With target-correcting drone swarms overhead, relaying real-time strike video, proceed to savage the fortifications with towed and mobile artillery, Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (in gradations of strength and precision), and even horrific thermobaric munitions for particularly suitable targets.

Let smoke clear.

Repeat Step #1.

Still something moving there?

Repeat Step #2.

Repeat Step #1.

Dead bodies everywhere?

Step #3: Send in tanks and infantry to mop up.

Move to next series of fortifications.

And so on and so forth …
From clicking into Tweet below: In addition, the brigades will include unmanned aircraft units to conduct reconnaissance and fire adjustments.
Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:This is a big reason why Russia is outkilling Ukraine. The steps below were a copy paste from a blog.

Step #1: Advance reconnaissance units (often in force, with dozens or hundreds of drones overhead) to assess the situation; draw fire; relay to commanders raw video and geo-coordinates.

Step #2: With target-correcting drone swarms overhead, relaying real-time strike video, proceed to savage the fortifications with towed and mobile artillery, Multiple Launch Rocket Systems (in gradations of strength and precision), and even horrific thermobaric munitions for particularly suitable targets.

Let smoke clear.

Repeat Step #1.

Repeat Step #2.

Repeat Step #1.

Dead bodies everywhere?

And so on and so forth …
From Tweet Below: In addition, the brigades will include unmanned aircraft units to conduct reconnaissance and fire adjustments.
@dana916 is less credible then filipkowski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:49 am
SeattleGriz wrote:This is a big reason why Russia is outkilling Ukraine. The steps below were a copy paste from a blog.

Let smoke clear.

Repeat Step #1.

Repeat Step #2.

Repeat Step #1.

Dead bodies everywhere?

And so on and so forth …

@dana916 is less credible then filipkowski.

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Nothing.

The point is that this is how the war has progressed from the beginning. Send drones, etc. Ukraine simply can't reach back with their weapons. They were given old shit and are outgunned.

I've already said I assume in urban fighting, like Bakhmut, the death ratio is 1:1, but the large majority of this war has been an artillery war and history tells us that ratio is around 8:1

With the drones, you don't need to send in any men until everything has been pulverized. It also makes it so you can't hide anything on the field. You can't sneak up on anyone and you better have some sort of overhead protection if you move out from your position.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:49 am @dana916 is less credible then filipkowski.

The point is that this is how the war has progressed from the beginning. Send drones, etc. Ukraine simply can't reach back with their weapons. They were given old shit and are outgunned.

I've already said I assume in urban fighting, like Bakhmut, the death ratio is 1:1, but the large majority of this war has been an artillery war and history tells us that ratio is around 8:1

With the drones, you don't need to send in any men until everything has been pulverized. It also makes it so you can't hide anything on the field. You can't sneak up on anyone and you better have some sort of overhead protection if you move out from your position.
You have yet to provide a link to any real expertise. It’s all your opinion yet you unilaterally dismissed my opinion that putin thought he could blitz Ukraine. Your double standard hypocrisy is off the charts.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:27 am
SeattleGriz wrote:

You have yet to provide a link to any real expertise. It’s all your opinion yet you unilaterally dismissed my opinion that putin thought he could blitz Ukraine. Your double standard hypocrisy is off the charts.
What link are you looking for? I will say, that after you dismissed the man working both with the UN and NATO who was tasked with improving Ukrainian military's image as a crackpot, I question your request for "real expertise". You know. He's only the sort of guy that makes the history you say you read is crazy.

Those 500k Ukrainian forces were trained for eight years to NATO standard and their positions were fortified for eight years. They obviously expected Russia to storm in head first, but they didn't. That's what you expected. You thought Russia was going to storm across Ukraine, and then they didn't, you can't reconcile that.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:33 am
houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:56 am

Bullshit. You dopes on this board thought and still do think Ukraine was going to win. The whole sanctions were going to weaken Russia, his army would falter and he would be overthrown routine. You especially, still spout that nonsense.

Fact is, Putin NEVER said he was going to "storm" across Ukraine. He only said his goals were to denazify and demilitarize Ukraine, which he has done for the most part.

Ukraine made it easy because they kept sending men into a meat grinder. Ukraine never had a chance due to lesser capabilities, even when they had 8+ years to prepare with US help.

Your story holds no water, because Fat Donald was already gone.

As soon as you guys realize you've been lied to, you'll finally realize what happened.

UNI got caught in a trap again by making unfounded claims and is now obfuscating furiously.
Nice of you to include that, but what Putin said or didn't say is irrelevant to anything - obviously, even to you, he wouldn't say that whether he meant to or not - that's why everybody was caught by surprise when the mighty Russian army rolled in - at which time everybody assured us that this would be over in a couple of days. Because of the powerful Red Army.... :lol:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:36 am

What link are you looking for? I will say, that after you dismissed the man working both with the UN and NATO who was tasked with improving Ukrainian military's image as a crackpot, I question your request for "real expertise". You know. He's only the sort of guy that makes the history you say you read is crazy.

Those 500k Ukrainian forces were trained for eight years to NATO standard and their positions were fortified for eight years. They obviously expected Russia to storm in head first, but they didn't. That's what you expected. You thought Russia was going to storm across Ukraine, and then they didn't, you can't reconcile that.
russia tried to storm across Ukraine and failed. The drive toward Kiev wasn't a feint. It was a failed attempt to capture Kiev and complete the invasion quickly. When it failed, they had to pull back and adjust their objectives to just eastern Ukraine. I've given you plenty of opportunities to explain that failed drive but you continue to dodge it.

As usual, the MAGAt yahoo propaganda you're reading and spouting is at odds with reality.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:52 am

russia tried to storm across Ukraine and failed. The drive toward Kiev wasn't a feint. It was a failed attempt to capture Kiev and complete the invasion quickly. When it failed, they had to pull back and adjust their objectives to just eastern Ukraine. I've given you plenty of opportunities to explain that failed drive but you continue to dodge it.

As usual, the MAGAt yahoo propaganda you're reading and spouting is at odds with reality.
Uh, no they didn't. They may have "drove" across Ukraine, but they certainly didn't bring in any heavy equipment to retain the land grab you keep incorrectly insisting was going to happen. You say this sort of stuff and ignore the US used the same tactic Operation Desert Storm. It's hilarious.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Boy....is you stupid? :?

You don't seem to have the processing capacity to understand that all you're doing with your blather is reciting what was the conventional wisdom before the Russian army was exposed.

Whats with so many of your evangelical crowd slopping the Russian knob, anyway? Is it about deciding to back the godless commies because they're white or something?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Boy....is you stupid? :?

You don't seem to have the processing capacity to understand that all you're doing with your blather is reciting what was the conventional wisdom before the Russian army was exposed.

Whats with so many of your evangelical crowd slopping the Russian knob, anyway? Is it about deciding to back the godless commies because they're white or something?
:lol: Nice. See, now at least you put some effort into your posts. I appreciate that. Laziness is unacceptable.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 pmUh, no they didn't. They may have "drove" across Ukraine, but they certainly didn't bring in any heavy equipment to retain the land grab you keep incorrectly insisting was going to happen.
Wat? You don't remember the infamous 40 mile convoy? No heavy equipment there? Remember all of the hulls of tanks, BMPs, AFVs, etc. littered about the Kyiv suburbs?

Rosgvardiya used heavily? Troops specializing in putting down internal revolts and protests. Better suited for an occupation than fighting foreign armed forces.

You're losing it
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:39 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:05 pmUh, no they didn't. They may have "drove" across Ukraine, but they certainly didn't bring in any heavy equipment to retain the land grab you keep incorrectly insisting was going to happen.
Wat? You don't remember the infamous 40 mile convoy? No heavy equipment there? Remember all of the hulls of tanks, BMPs, AFVs, etc. littered about the Kyiv suburbs?

Rosgvardiya used heavily? Troops specializing in putting down internal revolts and protests. Better suited for an occupation than fighting foreign armed forces.

You're losing it
How much of that 40 mile convoy was destroyed?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

I don't know the percentage, sorry. But, it's not the point. You were saying they didn't bring any heavy equipment with them to Kyiv, which is laughable
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:48 pm I don't know the percentage, sorry. But, it's not the point. You were saying they didn't bring any heavy equipment with them to Kyiv, which is laughable
If very little of it was destroyed, how come none was used to keep land? See what I'm saying. Doesn't matter if you drive shit somewhere if you don't deploy it and use it.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:48 pm I don't know the percentage, sorry. But, it's not the point. You were saying they didn't bring any heavy equipment with them to Kyiv, which is laughable
If very little of it was destroyed, how come none was used to keep land? See what I'm saying. Doesn't matter if you drive shit somewhere if you don't deploy it and use it.
Who said very little of it was destroyed?

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Who said very little of it was destroyed?

Do you have proof otherwise? I sure didn't hear about the destruction of the convoy. The media narrative you gobble up sure would have mentioned that, but apparently not.

Another pUNI fail.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:58 pm Who said very little of it was destroyed?

Do you have proof otherwise? I sure didn't hear about the destruction of the convoy. The media narrative you gobble up sure would have mentioned that, but apparently not.

Another pUNI fail.
WTF are you talking about? Neither I not Jelly said how much was destroyed. You’re putting words in people’s mouths and then arguing against statements they didn’t make.

Put down the kool-aid and stop getting your info from biased MAGAt yahoo echo chambers. Open your mind and use your brain rather than believing everything those yahoos tell you. They’re no less biased than the MSM.

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:24 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:

Another pUNI fail.
WTF are you talking about? Neither I not Jelly said how much was destroyed. You’re putting words in people’s mouths and then arguing against statements they didn’t make.

Put down the kool-aid and stop getting your info from biased MAGAt yahoo echo chambers. Open your mind and use your brain rather than believing everything those yahoos tell you. They’re no less biased than the MSM.

Okay. You've just exposed you have no idea how much of the "40 mile convoy" was destroyed, meaning none was destroyed, or your MSM sources would have told you what to think.

No destroyed vehicles plus no deployment means what? Huh?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:01 pm
...except that a great deal of it was destroyed - so many that they earned the nicname "lollipops - when the Russian Army was exposed for the third-rate mob they are. :coffee:

No will to fight, looking at a long, cold, lonely, hungry, winter for the jail-birds.. :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:30 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:24 pm

Okay. You've just exposed you have no idea how much of the "40 mile convoy" was destroyed, meaning none was destroyed, or your MSM sources would have told you what to think.

It means nothing of the kind. Does this kind of verbal flatulence work with the simpletons at church or something? :?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:11 pm

It means nothing of the kind. Does this kind of verbal flatulence work with the simpletons at church or something? :?
You wanna go? Let's go.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:22 pm

You wanna go? Let's go.

Black church with a kickass band maybe - I can't take more than a few minutes of "christian rock"
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

I found a Christmas gift for Seagriz!