Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:24 pm WTF are you talking about? Neither I not Jelly said how much was destroyed. You’re putting words in people’s mouths and then arguing against statements they didn’t make.

Put down the kool-aid and stop getting your info from biased MAGAt yahoo echo chambers. Open your mind and use your brain rather than believing everything those yahoos tell you. They’re no less biased than the MSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay. You've just exposed you have no idea how much of the "40 mile convoy" was destroyed, meaning none was destroyed, or your MSM sources would have told you what to think.

No destroyed vehicles plus no deployment means what? Huh?
My not knowing how much was destroyed = none was destroyed? That’s :dunce: .

How much bulksh!t can you pull out of your ass to defend/deflect for Putin? Your rectal cavity must be the size of Mammoth Cave.

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Ukraine was taking out the lead vehicles and clogging up the roads so the convoy couldn't progress. They'd clear the roads and the next lead vehicles would be taken out. For weeks.

What % was taken out - I have no idea. But, they didn't take Kyiv. And, you're and idiot if you think they didn't intend to. :coffee:

But, again - your claim:
SeattleGriz wrote:they certainly didn't bring in any heavy equipment to retain the land grab
It's laughable. There are scores of scenes of heavy Russian equipment destroyed en masse like the one above.

phpBB [video]
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:55 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Okay. You've just exposed you have no idea how much of the "40 mile convoy" was destroyed, meaning none was destroyed, or your MSM sources would have told you what to think.

No destroyed vehicles plus no deployment means what? Huh?
My not knowing how much was destroyed = none was destroyed? That’s :dunce: .

How much bulksh!t can you pull out of your ass to defend/deflect for Putin? Your rectal cavity must be the size of Mammoth Cave.

:shock:

It must be much larger than that because.....63 objects the size of Earth could fit inside Uranus
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intelligence assessment
Russia has lost a staggering 87 percent of the total number of active-duty ground troops it had prior to launching its invasion of Ukraine and two-thirds of its pre-invasion tanks, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN.

Still, despite heavy losses of men and equipment, russian President vladimir putin is determined to push forward as the war approaches its two-year anniversary early next year and US officials are warning that Ukraine remains deeply vulnerable. A highly anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive stagnated through the fall, and US officials believe that Kyiv is unlikely to make any major gains over the coming months.
Anyone who believes either side is winning this war is a fool. It's a war of attrition with no real winners.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:07 pm Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intelligence assessment
Russia has lost a staggering 87 percent of the total number of active-duty ground troops it had prior to launching its invasion of Ukraine and two-thirds of its pre-invasion tanks, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN.

Still, despite heavy losses of men and equipment, russian President vladimir putin is determined to push forward as the war approaches its two-year anniversary early next year and US officials are warning that Ukraine remains deeply vulnerable. A highly anticipated Ukrainian counteroffensive stagnated through the fall, and US officials believe that Kyiv is unlikely to make any major gains over the coming months.
Anyone who believes either side is winning this war is a fool. It's a war of attrition with no real winners.
:rofl: Russia is winning bro.

Glad to see you finally understand what this war is about though. Russia just grinding down Ukraine and their weaponry. Demilitarize and denazify, and they've done it to NATO spec trained troops that had eight years to prepare.

"A source familiar". No name. No specifics. This was a State Department plant. It's designed to make people like you feel good we fucked the Ukrainians over. Ukraine is going to lose a shit ton and the only way to justify is to try and make gullible people like you, think that Russia was mortally wounded.

Stop buying the propaganda.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:08 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:07 pm Russia has lost 87% of troops it had prior to start of Ukraine war, according to US intelligence assessment

Glad to see you finally understand what this war is about though. Russia just grinding down Ukraine and their weaponry. Demilitarize and denazify, and they've done it to NATO spec trained troops that had eight years to prepare.

"A source familiar". No name. No specifics. This was a State Department plant. It's designed to make people like you feel good we fucked the Ukrainians over. Ukraine is going to lose a shit ton and the only way to justify is to try and make gullible people like you, think that Russia was mortally wounded.

.....originated at a pizza shop in a strip mall long-suspected of human traffiking
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

You should take your own advice.

russia has already lost. The war has aggravated their well-documented demographic crisis (you know the one that you disappeared after questioning and being proven wrong) and everyone knows their vaunted military is a paper tiger closer to Sweden's than the US or China.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:04 am

You should take your own advice.

russia has already lost. The war has aggravated their well-documented demographic crisis (you know the one that you disappeared after questioning and being proven wrong) and everyone knows their vaunted military is a paper tiger closer to Sweden's than the US or China.
Not according to his sources.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:08 am :rofl: Russia is winning bro.
Russia doesn't control a single oblast they "annexed" after the invasion. The "Nazi" regime is still in power. Ukraine is more militarized than before the war. Sweden and Finland had no interest in NATO before the war. Now NATO has an 800+ mile border with Russia. #winning

Spoiler: show
That doesn't mean I think Ukraine is winning. They've exceeded expectations - but, Ukraine is long termed fucked and has been since the outset. In no terms is Russia better off than before the war.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:49 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:08 am :rofl: Russia is winning bro.
Russia doesn't control a single oblast they "annexed" after the invasion. The "Nazi" regime is still in power. Ukraine is more militarized than before the war. Sweden and Finland had no interest in NATO before the war. Now NATO has an 800+ mile border with Russia. #winning

That doesn't mean I think Ukraine is winning. They've exceeded expectations - but, Ukraine is long termed fucked and has been since the outset. In no terms is Russia better off than before the war.
Who fucking cares about controlling an oblast? The parents of the soldiers who didn't die defending shit they didn't need to defend, or pound their head against an obvious death sentence are the ones that care.

You think the Russians are stupid?

The Russians are sitting back, letting the Ukrainians throw themselves into the meat grinder at the command of the neocons.

You serve in our military?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:47 am

Who fucking cares about controlling an oblast? The parents of the soldiers who didn't die defending shit they didn't need to defend, or pound their head against an obvious death sentence are the ones that care.

The Russians are sitting back, letting the Ukrainians throw themselves into the meat grinder at the command of the neocons.

Of whom do you speak when you say "our", comrade SG?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 am

Of whom do you speak when you say "our", comrade SG?
Dont :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Are you hoping the Russians eventually win?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:15 am

sure seems like it...he carries water for the atheists as they invade the christians...interesting
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:49 pm Russia doesn't control a single oblast they "annexed" after the invasion. The "Nazi" regime is still in power. Ukraine is more militarized than before the war. Sweden and Finland had no interest in NATO before the war. Now NATO has an 800+ mile border with Russia. #winning

I think putin doesn't give 2 shits about your average russian. He's willing to send them to death to fight in a stalemate where russia's best chance to salvage something from their humiliation is if the US pulls their support. And lo and behold, we have a bunch of anti-American tankies calling for just that.

How do you lose 87% of your troops when you're "sitting back, letting the Ukrainians throw themselves into the meat grinder"?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:59 am

I think putin doesn't give 2 shits about your average russian. He's willing to send them to death to fight in a stalemate where russia's best chance to salvage something from their humiliation is if the US pulls their support. And lo and behold, we have a bunch of anti-American tankies calling for just that.

How do you lose 87% of your troops when you're "sitting back, letting the Ukrainians throw themselves into the meat grinder"?
Indeed. Putin's desire for glory and re-enlargement of Russia to something closer to Soviet times, has little care for his own soldiers as well. I'd question any figures from either side in this, but there's no doubt that Russia has lost a tremendous amount of both soldiers and equipment in trying and failing to annex Ukraine. They wouldn't have gone to forced conscription to re-fill the ranks if the ranks didn't get gutted in the first place.

No one's going to win here - Russia isn't going to annex Ukraine or have significant political sway in Ukraine as they failed to move the Ukrainians enough militarily and because the Ukraine government is still in power. And they've likely lost the chance long term to do that as now they've pushed Ukraine solidly into Europe and brough Finland and Sweden into NATO and firmly created a western boundary. And Ukraine will likely not get back the portion of land the Russians have stolen and Ukraine, to a lesser extent than Russia, has lost a lot of people. In the end, it's a large loss of life on both sides just to satisfy Putin's desire for some lasting legacy. No one wins that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ukraine can sit tight and cocentrate on Russian supply lines when the winter sets in, Russian morale is already in the toilet and all they have to look forward to is sitting in the dark, cold and hungry for he next four months
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:15 am

No. I never wanted this war to start. Needless death and the absolute wrecking of Ukraine. But, if Russia winning causes the neocons who fomented the war to think again, that would be a positive. But I highly doubt that. Neocons always use other people's children to fight their conflicts so they never learn a lesson.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

If Russia is being beaten so badly, why is Ukraine now being directed to think about negotiating?

You're believing propaganda. Once again, believing the Russians have lost 87% of their troops is asinine. It's a lie to make everyone feel good about NATO/US fomenting a conflict and then losing.

Once again, Russia has had far greater capabilities than Ukraine. Ukraine had no chance with hand me down weapons.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:30 am

Indeed. Putin's desire for glory and re-enlargement of Russia to something closer to Soviet times, has little care for his own soldiers as well. I'd question any figures from either side in this, but there's no doubt that Russia has lost a tremendous amount of both soldiers and equipment in trying and failing to annex Ukraine. They wouldn't have gone to forced conscription to re-fill the ranks if the ranks didn't get gutted in the first place.

No one's going to win here - Russia isn't going to annex Ukraine or have significant political sway in Ukraine as they failed to move the Ukrainians enough militarily and because the Ukraine government is still in power. And they've likely lost the chance long term to do that as now they've pushed Ukraine solidly into Europe and brough Finland and Sweden into NATO and firmly created a western boundary. And Ukraine will likely not get back the portion of land the Russians have stolen and Ukraine, to a lesser extent than Russia, has lost a lot of people. In the end, it's a large loss of life on both sides just to satisfy Putin's desire for some lasting legacy. No one wins that.
Me thinks this won't age well. By that, I think Russia is going to get what they want. But yes, no winners.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:16 pm
GannonFan wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:30 am

Me thinks this won't age well. By that, I think Russia is going to get what they want. But yes, no winners.
They’re going to take Kiev and replace UKR government?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:16 pm

I have no idea, but this is from BILD. Putin just gave his yearly Q&A and pretty much stated this.

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:14 pm

If Russia is being beaten so badly, why is Ukraine now being directed to think about negotiating?

You're believing propaganda. Once again, believing the Russians have lost 87% of their troops is asinine. It's a lie to make everyone feel good about NATO/US fomenting a conflict and then losing.

Once again, Russia has had far greater capabilities than Ukraine. Ukraine had no chance with hand me down weapons.
Where did I state that russia was being beaten badly? I'm pretty sure I've stated that this is a losing proposition for both russia and Ukraine. You keep creating strawmen to argue with.

There is more proof of the 87% than there is of jacques claude von baud's pro-putin propoganda.

IMO, if the west continues to provide aid, Ukraine will continue to fight. The loss of aid will force them to the negotiating table. Hopefully, the west has the backbone and integrity to make entry into NATO a part of any settlement. That will hopefully put an stop to any plans putin might have for future fascist conquests.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:45 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:14 pm

Where did I state that russia was being beaten badly? I'm pretty sure I've stated that this is a losing proposition for both russia and Ukraine. You keep creating strawmen to argue with.

There is more proof of the 87% than there is of jacques claude von baud's pro-putin propoganda.

IMO, if the west continues to provide aid, Ukraine will continue to fight. The loss of aid will force them to the negotiating table. Hopefully, the west has the backbone and integrity to make entry into NATO a part of any settlement. That will hopefully put an stop to any plans putin might have for future fascist conquests.
I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the article stating the ridiculous 87% loss of troops.

Show me the proof Russia has lost 87%. There isn't any. Russia is around a 1:5 ratio on KIA vs Ukraine.

Ukraine will keep fighting, but you have to realize they have such heavy losses, the new troops get very little training before being sent to battle. They are asked to learn something that takes one year to become proficient in two months. That's not a good formula.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:42 pm
kalm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:34 pm

I have no idea, but this is from BILD. Putin just gave his yearly Q&A and pretty much stated this.

Oh. so what they’ve moved the goal posts to now. Ok.