Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Western propaganda.

NATO is quivering at the vast superiority of the Russian military. You need to follow SeattleGriz's Twitter feed for an unbiased account.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:33 pm Western propaganda.

NATO is quivering at the vast superiority of the Russian military. You need to follow SeattleGriz's Twitter feed for an unbiased account.
I thought it was a pretty balanced piece, admitted that Ukraine isn't winning but it's putting up a good fight and has exposed many of Russia's weaknesses.

I edited the quote to bold the parts that SG and SH should agree with.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

The Azov heavy group holed up in the Azovstal steel plant has surrendered. Now to see if we find out who was in that group, as the rumor is there were high ranking NATO officials as well.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

I certainly don't have the retired General from MSNBC on my feed. Say, you watch MSNBC don't you?

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:46 am The Azov heavy group holed up in the Azovstal steel plant has surrendered. Now to see if we find out who was in that group, as the rumor is there were high ranking NATO officials as well.
Rumor has it that Hitler and Eva Braun's grandson was there.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:46 am The Azov heavy group holed up in the Azovstal steel plant has surrendered. Now to see if we find out who was in that group, as the rumor is there were high ranking NATO officials as well.
He's a little bastard, that kid.

Here's the NYT coverage, although they apparently call surrendering "ending it's combat mission".

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:02 am
UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 am Rumor has it that Hitler and Eva Braun's grandson was there.

Here's the NYT coverage, although they apparently call surrendering "ending it's combat mission".

I wonder what the ratio of Russian wins to losses is? 1 to 3 or more?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Reminds me of ‘Retreat, hell. We’re not retreating. We’re just advancing in another direction.” Marine General Oliver Smith in the Korean War during the retreat from the Chosin Reservoir.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:13 am

I wonder what the ratio of Russian wins to losses is? 1 to 3 or more?
Or casualty ratios. Verse the Krauts in WWII it was something like 5 Russian to 1 German.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Perspective from someone who is there ...
In areas where Ukrainians have fended off the Russian offensive, what do you think has allowed them to be successful?
Morale and resolve have been key components of success — but the terrain has been an important factor in enabling Ukrainian forces to hold their ground.

In the north and urban regions, the Russian proclivity to remain on the roads has played against them. Outside the cities in the north, the ground is either thickly wooded or swampy, and this has allowed the defenders to infiltrate easily through Russian lines to strike armored columns from the flank.

What's your assessment of the Russian military's performance so far? Is there anything it did well, and to what would you attribute its struggles?
  • Russian units here have proven to be singularly unimpressive. Almost without exception, they are poorly trained, ill-disciplined, and lack cohesion. Their tactics belong to a bygone era — little understanding of combined arms and no infantry integration with their armored attacks.
  • Their equipment is also poor — the T-72 [tanks] and BRDM [armored personnel carriers] are prone to erupt into flames upon impact from any high-explosive missile — and many of them appear to be wearing Soviet-era uniforms.
  • After the Russian Army's poor showing in Georgia in 2008, Putin announced a series of supposedly sweeping reforms — but these, I am told, succumbed to corruption.
  • Anyone with education, influence or money is able to escape military service, leaving what one Ukrainian who lived in Russian for 20 years called the dregs of society to fill the ranks of its army.
A Marine special-operations veteran training Ukrainians to fight explains how they've been able to fend off Russia's invasion
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Did they finally get the NATO advisors holed in Mariupol?
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:14 pm

Did they finally get the NATO advisors holed in Mariupol?
:lol: I don't know, but hopefully we find out. That one's been out there for awhile.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Hunter Biden too :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:48 am
kalm wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:26 am
They are withdrawing because the US 155mm howitzers are now nearby. They are giving the howitzers room.

It was a mistake to let them reach the front lines, but they aren't moving back due to Ukrainians fighting hand to hand combat.
:?

wut?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:01 pm

I thought it was a pretty balanced piece, admitted that Ukraine isn't winning but it's putting up a good fight and has exposed many of Russia's weaknesses.

I edited the quote to bold the parts that SG and SH should agree with.
they're the same person. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Hunter Biden too :nod:
:lol: Finally earning his money!
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:39 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:48 am

They are withdrawing because the US 155mm howitzers are now nearby. They are giving the howitzers room.

It was a mistake to let them reach the front lines, but they aren't moving back due to Ukrainians fighting hand to hand combat.
:?

wut?
The Russians backed up because Ukraine could shoot artillery further, not because of fighting in the streets.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:02 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:23 pm

I forgot about that time when Russia invaded Ukraine when Trump was POTUS. Thanks for clearing that up for us.
When you want to change the subject custom dictates that you start your own thread. :coffee:
You're the one that brought up Trump. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:30 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:22 pm

WRT to Ukraine I think it is. What do we have to gain in this proxy war other than more kickbacks for the corrupt politicians in DC and Ukraine? You really think our "freedom and democracy" hinges on this war? :lol:
:? ....kickbacks are why wars are fought, SD/SG; where tf you been all your life?

Don't you realize how much money we're going to make, and Russia is going to lose, in arms sales, for decades?

One of our two main opponets on the world-stage is getting their ass handed to them and we get to share in the credit without losing any troops. And going forward, long term, the two of us will dominate the world's food supply, which is our real weapon, even more than nukes.

Our other main antagonist needs to see what happens when a super-power finally has enough from an ankle-biting yapper and carefully consider if they want to pick a fight with a US-armed Taiwan.

Your pussy liberal act is the biggest flip flop this site has ever seen, including JSO's transitioning.... you and all these flag-waving MAGA cunts calling everyone communists while they've been enraptured by a Russian midget they have nothing in common with but race. :ohno:
Oh I couldn't care about how many Russians and Ukrainians die in this thing. We just need to make sure our troops stay the hell out. I just find it funny that the donks like you now own the pro-war troupe.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:03 pm
Col Hogan wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:22 pm Cell phones…everyone carries on these days…and as the Russians have been learning in Ukraine, that can be deadly

https://taskandpurpose.com/analysis/rus ... ck-combat/
:nod:

1). It became apparent early on that this war was being waged to an astonishing degree with social media and (cell phone) data versus just bombs and artillery.

2). Generals and Putin are boomers (no offense Colonel) which increases the chances of miscalculating/under appreciating the impact of tech. Even with younger more tech savvy advisors but who were also trained to be yes-men.
Yep. It'll be interesting to see how many selfies resulted in direct strikes on both sides.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

If only the Azov Nazi's had a "mission accomplished" banner to fly as they departed to their POW camp.

This was only a matter of time until they gave up. They've been surrounded for almost the entire invasion.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:02 am He's a little bastard, that kid.

Now Putin can fly his "mission accomplished" banner as the Azov Nazi's depart to their POW camp.

This was only a matter of time until they gave up. They've been surrounded for almost the entire invasion.
FYP

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Oof.