Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:09 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:32 am

Calm down ya lib.

It depends on your priorities. A freely educated public with low cost - positive outcome healthcare or a kickass military and more billionaires.

Everything is a choice.

With that type of deductive reasoning and insight you should start up your own podcast.

Call it "Front Porch Musings from an Old Hippy". :mrgreen:
And you’ll be my number one patreon.

Don’t temp me…

:lol:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:43 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:09 am

With that type of deductive reasoning and insight you should start up your own podcast.

Call it "Front Porch Musings from an Old Hippy". :mrgreen:

Don’t temp me…

Only if I get invited as a guest speaker now and then. :thumb:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:43 am

Don’t temp me…

Done. :thumb:
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:30 am
Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:17 am

I will bring you some good EU spec oil for the vehicle as payment. 8-)
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Winterborn wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:37 am
kalm wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:30 am

I will bring you some good EU spec oil for the vehicle as payment. 8-)
Wait until I upgrade to a 2056 and need to run E10 for the track. :mrgreen:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:21 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:28 pm Narrative shift.

If I'm Ukrainian I don't buy the territory for peace idea. Russia might settle for now but they'll be back for more later and won't stop until they've gobbled up all of Ukraine. They might not be winning but they're making Russia pay. This is their moment ...
If they want all of Ukraine they'll just take it in the coming months unless NATO sends in troops...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Ground-combat forces that immobilize soldiers in prepared defenses will be identified, targeted, and destroyed from a distance. When persistent overhead intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance assets, whether manned or unmanned, are linked to precision guided-strike weapons or modern artillery systems informed by accurate targeting data, “holding ground” is fatal to any ground force. This is all the more true in Ukraine, because it was apparent from the first action that Moscow focused on the destruction of Ukrainian forces, not on the occupation of cities or the capture of Ukrainian territory west of the Dnieper River.

The result has been the piecemeal annihilation of Ukrainian forces. Only the episodic infusion of U.S. and allied weapons kept Kiev’s battered legions in the field; legions that are now dying in great numbers thanks to Washington’s proxy war.

Kiev’s war with Moscow is lost. Ukrainian forces are being bled white. Trained replacements do not exist in sufficient numbers to influence the battle, and the situation grows more desperate by the hour. No amount of U.S. and allied military aid or assistance short of direct military intervention by U.S. and NATO ground forces can change this harsh reality.
https://www.theamericanconservative.com ... come-home/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SDHornet wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:21 pm If I'm Ukrainian I don't buy the territory for peace idea. Russia might settle for now but they'll be back for more later and won't stop until they've gobbled up all of Ukraine. They might not be winning but they're making Russia pay. This is their moment ...
If they want all of Ukraine they'll just take it in the coming months unless NATO sends in troops...
Months? Ukrainians have nothing to lose, they'll drag this out for years if the Russian fascists keep pushing.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Just one more reason why Ukraine, absent NATO and the US being on the ground, won't be getting that land back that the Russian invasion has taken, is that European countries are still buying vast quantities of Russian energy. We talk about sanctions all we want, but at the end of the day Russia is just a big gas station pretending to be a nation, and European countries in particular are pumping money back into Russia likely more than they are sanctioning Russia. Like I said elsewhere, Ukraine will ultimately need to bang the door to get into NATO so that Russia won't invade the next time they want to add to their "empire".

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61838905
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:13 pm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:22 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:55 am We'll see if he is correct.

Interesting people you follow…
2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Macgregor appeared on three Fox News programs to speak in support of Russia's actions. Russian state television broadcast excerpts of Macgregor's appearances, which included a characterization of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "puppet," that Russian forces had been "too gentle" in the early days of the invasion and that Russian president Vladimir Putin was being "demonized" by the United States and NATO. Macgregor said he believed Russia should be allowed to seize whatever parts of Ukraine it wanted. After one of his appearances, Macgregor's comments were characterized by veteran Fox News Pentagon correspondent Jennifer Griffin as "appeasement" and that he was being an "apologist" for Putin. After Griffin's remarks, Tucker Carlson — who hosted Macgregor on two successive nights — remarked, "Unlike many of the so-called reporters you see on television, he is not acting secretly as a flack for Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon. No, Doug Macgregor is an honest man." Trey Gowdy, another Fox News host who interviewed Macgregor, said his viewpoint was "stunning and disappointing."[35][36][37][38] U.S. representative Liz Cheney said of Macgregor "This is the Putin wing of the GOP."[39]
From wiki
Huh. My "interesting" guy seemed to call what was actually happening a couple months ago.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:50 am
kalm wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:22 am

Interesting people you follow…

From wiki
Huh. My "interesting" guy seemed to call what was actually happening a couple months ago.
Yes…I’m sure he did.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:08 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:50 am

Yes…I’m sure he did.
Just like this guy when I posted it. Correct.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 pm
houndawg wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:27 pm

Oh please. :roll:

He can make it stop any time he wants to. He's wanted to reinstall the Iron Curtain from the day he came to power and he should of stayed out of Crimea and eastern Ukraine if he wanted to blame NATO, but he had to fuck around, and now he is finding out. He needs to be made an example of and the Chinese need to be watching when it happens
Unfortunately the Chinese could be learning a whole different lesson. Basically, if you're going to take over a territory that isn't yours and doesn't want to be joined with you, then plan better and make sure you can swiftly take it before any countries can get together to take any action. Heck, despite all the sanctions Russia is facing, they don't appear to be economically destroyed by this. Sure, the poor state of their military is on full display, but they're doing their Russian thing and just plodding forward in spite of their losses. I thought a little differently at the start of the war that this could give China pause, but the longer this thing goes on I think it is less of a deterrent for China and their plans for Taiwan. Heck, considering our own economic misery right now, China could see that as good time to do it - how much more pain to our economy would we be willing to take to stand up for Taiwan, especially if they don't stand up for themselves? I don't see a lot of rosy skies in the future right now.
that display is going to cost them vast sums in lost sales going forward for a long time :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:48 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 pm

Unfortunately the Chinese could be learning a whole different lesson. Basically, if you're going to take over a territory that isn't yours and doesn't want to be joined with you, then plan better and make sure you can swiftly take it before any countries can get together to take any action. Heck, despite all the sanctions Russia is facing, they don't appear to be economically destroyed by this. Sure, the poor state of their military is on full display, but they're doing their Russian thing and just plodding forward in spite of their losses. I thought a little differently at the start of the war that this could give China pause, but the longer this thing goes on I think it is less of a deterrent for China and their plans for Taiwan. Heck, considering our own economic misery right now, China could see that as good time to do it - how much more pain to our economy would we be willing to take to stand up for Taiwan, especially if they don't stand up for themselves? I don't see a lot of rosy skies in the future right now.
that display is going to cost them vast sums in lost sales going forward for a long time :coffee:
I don't see what either of you are talking about. Russia is battling someone who the US has been training and supplied weapons to for the last eight years AND they are methodically dismantling the Ukrainian military.

The Ukrainians aren't goat herders in the middle east.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:52 am

I don't see what either of you are talking about. Russia is battling someone who the US has been training and supplied weapons to for the last eight years AND they are methodically dismantling the Ukrainian military.

Methodically is not how I’d describe the process based on RUS’s ever changing stated rhetoric and goals.

Who here has stated UKR is not outgunned and needs help from the west?

I think Putin is a dangerous and murderous authoritarian and I think the west should be helping.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

If I'm looking to buid an Army guess where I'm not buying tanks. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:11 pm

Methodically is not how I’d describe the process based on RUS’s ever changing stated rhetoric and goals.

I think Putin is a dangerous and murderous authoritarian and I think the west should be helping.
I'm surprised that you have to explain that to the crowd of "fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here"..... :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ganny said the war was showing the poor state of the Russian military and the Houndie agreed. I replied they were fighting someone who has had billions in weaponry and training from the US for at least the last eight years. Ukraine isn't a pushover, but by no means has Russia displayed ineptitude in their special operation.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:04 pm

Ganny said the war was showing the poor state of the Russian military and the Houndie agreed. I replied they were fighting someone who has had billions in weaponry and training from the US for at least the last eight years. Ukraine isn't a pushover, but by no means has Russia displayed ineptitude in their special operation.
It’s like you’re following a different war or something… :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:15 pm

he's going with hope over experience
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:15 pm

War?

He even calls it a "special operation" as his handlers have groomed him to say
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)