Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by kalm »

Aslund was an economic advisor to the governments of Russia, Ukraine, and Kyrgyzstan. I’ve been following him from the start of the war and his info has been solid.

The case for continued support of Ukraine…

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 am Aslund was an economic advisor to the governments of Russia, Ukraine, and Kyrgyzstan. I’ve been following him from the start of the war and his info has been solid.

The case for continued support of Ukraine…
I agree. Forcing Russia out of Ukraine is in the best interest of everyone. Not sure they can recover Crimea, that might be a lost cause at this point, but at least the areas in the east of Ukraine as much as possible. If Russia just assumes that every 5 years or so they can launch military operations and take another sliver of territory with out much fuss from the West, that just results in us repeating this all again over and over. Countries need to realize, in this day and age, that territorial conquests are over.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

UkRaInE iS wInNiNg

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 5:21 am Oof.

Then everyone laughs about it. :dunce:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Hey jellybelly, this is that pincer I was talking about. Lots of horrible vids hitting Telegram. Things look to be taking a turn for the worst.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 pm Hey jellybelly, this is that pincer I was talking about. Lots of horrible vids hitting Telegram. Things look to be taking a turn for the worst.
Lol. No, it's actually not.

The pincer you were talking upwas the salient from Izyum. This is a new salient from Popasna.
SDHornet wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Also, pretty amazing to note that the only major changes to that map you posted at the end of February are Russia's forces disappearing from the north from Kyiv to Kharkiv. And, finally taking Mariupol. Productive few months. :lol:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:50 pm Hey jellybelly, this is that pincer I was talking about. Lots of horrible vids hitting Telegram. Things look to be taking a turn for the worst.

The pincer you were talking upwas the salient from Izyum. This is a new salient from Popasna.

Also, pretty amazing to note that the only major changes to that map you posted at the end of February are Russia's forces disappearing from the north from Kyiv to Kharkiv. And, finally taking Mariupol. Productive few months. :lol:
They took a village. Gave up 3. But then took back another.

Russia is winning.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:56 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:39 pm

:?

wut?
The Russians backed up because Ukraine could shoot artillery further, not because of fighting in the streets.
duh?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:07 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:56 pm

The Russians backed up because Ukraine could shoot artillery further, not because of fighting in the streets.
duh?
You asked, I delivered. 8-)
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Fat ass Mark Milley just called up the Russians and asked for a ceasefire. Last week was fat ass Lloyd Austin.

That's quite a turnaround from the rhetoric we've been hearing from the standard DC big mouths.

The Ukraine army is on the verge of collapse.

NY Times must've gotten the note to change their tune as they now shift the blame to the Ukrainians.

PS. If you're wondering why I'm pointing out that both Milley and Austin are fat fucks, it's because the two are always running their mouths about capabilities and readiness. You think either of those two are capable or combat ready?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:25 am Fat ass Mark Milley just called up the Russians and asked for a ceasefire. Last week was fat ass Lloyd Austin.

That's quite a turnaround from the rhetoric we've been hearing from the standard DC big mouths.

PS. If you're wondering why I'm pointing out that both Milley and Austin are fat fucks, it's because the two are always running their mouths about capabilities and readiness. You think either of those two are capable or combat ready?
What does “verge of collapse mean”? Where are you reading this?

PS: there are many skinny fucks who run their mouths.

PSS: are we contemplating sending admins into combat? Weird.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:25 am Fat ass Mark Milley just called up the Russians and asked for a ceasefire. Last week was fat ass Lloyd Austin.

Verge of collapse due to who they are left to fill out their military. They're getting into the 40+ guys.

I am getting that from my OSINT sources.

In regards to sending admins, they too are required to be combat ready. I used to hear the same line from the overweight nurses about how they weren't on the front lines and didn't need to make weight. That all changed when our Reserve unit got deployed to the UAE. Never saw so many people give up their commission upon return.

The military will bend over backwards to help you make weight. They invest a lot and want to keep that investment.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:46 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 am

Verge of collapse due to who they are left to fill out their military. They're getting into the 40+ guys.

In regards to sending admins, they too are required to be combat ready. I used to hear the same line from the overweight nurses about how they weren't on the front lines and didn't need to make weight. That all changed when our Reserve unit got deployed to the UAE. Never saw so many people give up their commission upon return.

The military will bend over backwards to help you make weight. They invest a lot and want to keep that investment.
So in your view, we should be prepared to send older, over-weight dudes into battle?

But that doesn’t apply to Ukraine?

Btw, do your OSINT sources mention any Russian call to arms for older dudes?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:03 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:46 am

So in your view, we should be prepared to send older, over-weight dudes into battle?

Nice try. No to older dudes. Let me ask you a hypothetical. Let's say you hired an employee for your course to do a specific job. Part of the requirement for keeping employment is to be able to do that job for you. Do you keep that employee if they can no longer meet your requirement?

Ukraine is using older guys because they don't have anyone else. Why do you think Milley and Austin have been calling for ceasefire? The US sees Ukraine is losing and now trying to save face because they fomented this shit instead of negotiating when they had the chance.

That's what the NYT article was doing. Shifting blame to Ukraine. It's soon going to be their fault for not setting realistic goals.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:11 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:03 am

Nice try. No to older dudes. Let me ask you a hypothetical. Let's say you hired an employee for your course to do a specific job. Part of the requirement for keeping employment is to be able to do that job for you. Do you keep that employee if they can no longer meet your requirement?

Ukraine is using older guys because they don't have anyone else. Why do you think Milley and Austin have been calling for ceasefire? The US sees Ukraine is losing and now trying to save face because they fomented this shit instead of negotiating when they had the chance.

That's what the NYT article was doing. Shifting blame to Ukraine. It's soon going to be their fault for not setting realistic goals.
So you’re walking back your fat guy comments? Smart.

UKR’s enlisted has now risen to 700,000. Shame on them for wanting to defend their soil.

Meanwhile Russia is doing the same (forcing older dudes into action) but in this case to save face for…master strategist.

Putin lost this war a long time ago thanks to worldwide resistance. That’s a good thing. The shitty part will be how far down he drags both nations. That’s up to him. Dissent against continued support of UKR is also shitty.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:32 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:11 am

UKR’s enlisted has now risen to 700,000. Shame on them for wanting to defend their soil.

Meanwhile Russia is doing the same (forcing older dudes into action) but in this case to save face for…master strategist.

Putin lost this war a long time ago thanks to worldwide resistance. That’s a good thing. The shitty part will be how far down he drags both nations. That’s up to him. Dissent against continued support of UKR is also shitty.
I haven't walked back any comments. I've stated fat guys are not combat ready.

As of a couple of years ago, here are the minimum requirements for the Army Fitness Test for 27-31 year old males

39 pushups within two minutes.
45 situps within two minutes
2 miles in under 17 minutes.

That's not hard to make, especially when you have PT groups that meet daily, in addition to fitness facilities on site and time given to use those facilities.

Dissent against Ukraine? :lol: What I am dissenting to is the false narrative that Ukraine is winning the war when they are actually getting ground down to nothing. I'm dissenting to the US and EU fanning their proxy war and not giving Ukraine any options but to keep going when they should have allowed them to negotiate for the better.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:41 am
kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:32 am

As of a couple of years ago, here are the minimum requirements for the Army Fitness Test for 27-31 year old males

That's not hard to make, especially when you have PT groups that meet daily, in addition to fitness facilities on site and time given to use those facilities.

Dissent against Ukraine? :lol: What I am dissenting to is the false narrative that Ukraine is winning the war when they are actually getting ground down to nothing. I'm dissenting to the US and EU fanning their proxy war and not giving Ukraine any options but to keep going when they should have allowed them to negotiate for the better.
So now you’re NOT calling for Millie and Austin to be combat ready?

Ok.

The rest is just moral relativism based on your political partisanship, dressed in a thin veil of OSINT and strategic cred.

It’s not working.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:49 am
SeattleGriz wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:41 am

So now you’re NOT calling for Millie and Austin to be combat ready?

Ok.

The rest is just moral relativism based on your political partisanship, dressed in a thin veil of OSINT and strategic cred.

It’s not working.
Okay, it's obvious you're purposefully trying to change the subject on physical fitness and the military.

Moral relativism? How does that apply to me wanting the death and destruction in Ukraine to stop? Why do you think I signed up as an Operating Room technician? So I hopefully never would have been required to actually fire on people.

I simply want the war to stop, not for more calls of blood to be spilled by people with no skin in the game. See NY Times quote below.

From the NYT:
Recent bellicose statements from Washington — President Biden’s assertion that Mr. Putin “cannot remain in power,” Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin’s comment that Russia must be “weakened” and the pledge by the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi, that the United States would support Ukraine “until victory is won” — may be rousing proclamations of support, but they do not bring negotiations any closer.
In the end, it is the Ukrainians who must make the hard decisions: They are the ones fighting, dying and losing their homes to Russian aggression, and it is they who must decide what an end to the war might look like. If the conflict does lead to real negotiations, it will be Ukrainian leaders who will have to make the painful territorial decisions that any compromise will demand.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

The "Ukraine is Winning" narratives are collapsing in real time. I've heard some of the stuff SG is talking about, although not sure how widespread it it is. Could just be the younger folks don't care and have found a way to avoid the war, but not sure how that is even possible given the mobilization orders Ukraine is under. However the fact that AFU are sending their territorial defenses to the front is telling.

When this carnage stops, it'll be interesting to see how many lives (and territory) could have been saved had the West allowed Zelensky to broker a ceasefire with Putin to cut their losses.

Zelensky on this topic:

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Why has this guy not put his money where his mouth is and gone over there to fight? And :lol: at this take, Ukraine ain't retaking shit without NATO boots on the ground and/or their enforcement of a "no fly zone". Just comical.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SDHornet wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:39 pm When this carnage stops, it'll be interesting to see how many lives (and territory) could have been saved had the West allowed Zelensky to broker a ceasefire with Putin to cut their losses.
When did the West prevent Ukraine from negotiating with Russia?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:06 am

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 4:32 pm
SDHornet wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:39 pm When this carnage stops, it'll be interesting to see how many lives (and territory) could have been saved had the West allowed Zelensky to broker a ceasefire with Putin to cut their losses.
When did the West prevent Ukraine from negotiating with Russia?
What do you think Boris Johnson's visit was about? A vacation to see the sights? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

It's almost like they want to lose even harder.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »