Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:19 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:06 pm

Gullible?

Lol you’re so mentally challenged
Maybe he meant gutless? Tucker didn't say shit for two hours while Putin reminded him that he tried to join the CIA but was refused and that the CIA made a good call on that one. :lol:

As one observant reporter noted, for most of the interview Putin seemed like a guy trying to explain Algebra to a dog. :coffee:
Sounds like a dog speaking from experience right here
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:22 am
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:19 am

Maybe he meant gutless? Tucker didn't say shit for two hours while Putin reminded him that he tried to join the CIA but was refused and that the CIA made a good call on that one. :lol:

As one observant reporter noted, for most of the interview Putin seemed like a guy trying to explain Algebra to a dog. :coffee:
I know the exact feeling from having tried to explain simple concepts to you and watching them sail far, far over your head. That defeated feeling when you realize that this poor dumb fuck (you) doesn't get it because he can't...so sad
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:36 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:22 am

I know the exact feeling from having tried to explain simple concepts to you and watching them sail far, far over your head. That defeated feeling when you realize that this poor dumb fuck (you) doesn't get it because he can't...so sad
Well people have repeatedly called you a dummy on here

Is it true?
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:06 pm

You're assuming that if the aid stops then Ukraine will ask/agree to negotiate and that russia will negotiate in good faith. That's a whole lot of assumptions and you know what they say about assuming. You can be an ass but I'll pass.
Russia has such a rich history of peaceful, good faith, negotiations.
True or False

Putin asked Clinton if Russia would be allowed to join NATO in 2000?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm
kalm wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:23 pm

Russia has such a rich history of peaceful, good faith, negotiations.
True or False

I don’t recall. But NATO membership has to be ratified by all members.

Why? Is Russia playing the victim card again like your god king?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Who’s planes are going to be providing these airdops? Sounds like Biden is trying to start WWIII :ohno: .
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:31 pm

True or False

Putin did ask about the possibility of joining NATO

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... n-his-rule
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... e673790cd/

Putin Says 'Why Not?' to Russia Joining NATO

By David Hoffman
March 5, 2000 at 7:00 p.m. EST

Add to your saved stories
Save
MOSCOW, March 5 -- Acting Russian President Vladimir Putin, in an unexpected gesture to the West, suggested in a television interview today that Russia would consider joining NATO if the Western alliance agreed to treat Russia as an equal partner.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

True or False

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It in no way negates the request to join NATO. Obfuscate much?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:34 pm

What does that have to do with the price of tea in China? It in no way negates the request to join NATO. Obfuscate much?
Ummm…many NATO members border Russia and have a history? How is Putin asking Clinton about it 24 years ago relative to today?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:56 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:34 pm

Ummm…many NATO members border Russia and have a history? How is Putin asking Clinton about it 24 years ago relative to today?
Because that was the question at hand. Did Russia ask? Yes.

You: Lots of countries have to approve that request.

...and here we are. You can't even remember what you typed 10 minutes ago. Put your medical marijuana pipe down!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:07 pm

...and here we are. You can't even remember what you typed 10 minutes ago. Put your medical marijuana pipe down!
Are you judging him for his use of marijuana or the effect you believe it has?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:25 pm

Are you judging him for his use of marijuana or the effect you believe it has?
2 things. Your schtick is weak, and within 10 minutes, Klamala forgot what she was talking about.

Do you try to be difficult?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CH attempted a weak response to my satire. It’s not hard to follow this. I suggest reading the recent exchanges a few extra times for better context.

And medical marijuana? My medical team knows I use it and yes it helps with gastritis and chronic pain along with 1:1 THC-CBD or CBG topicals but this is the great state of WA and it’s all OTC.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

So after Putin asked Clinton in 2001 about the possibility of joining NATO, Clinton was interested but told Putin he would bounce that around with his staff and later told Putin it’s just not possible right now….

So then Bush comes in, and Putin asks again about joining NATO. George Bush thinks it’s a very interesting idea and actually said Putin is a good friend …. But apparently at some point he listens to Condi Rice…. The answer is no

https://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives ... 122-2.html

From November 2002

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes, the Russian NATO Council is very important. But the strategy of NATO is going to be based upon the fact that the Cold War is over; Russia is a friend; Russia is not an enemy. And I told the President as I was leaving, the NATO summit, a lot of leaders came up and asked me to send their personal regards to them.

And in terms of our bilateral relations, we'll continue to work to make them as strong as they can possibly be, and there's a lot of areas -- in trade, in commerce, in energy -- that we're working together to make progress.
Last edited by Caribbean Hen on Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:54 am So after Putin asked Clinton in 2020 about the possibility of joining NATO, Clinton was interested but told Putin he would bounce that around with his staff and later told Putin it’s just not possible right now….

So then Bush comes in, and Putin asks again about joining NATO. George Bush thinks it’s a very interesting idea and actually said Putin is a good friend …. But apparently at some point he listens to Condi Rice…. The answer is no

From November 2002

PRESIDENT BUSH: Yes, the Russian NATO Council is very important. But the strategy of NATO is going to be based upon the fact that the Cold War is over; Russia is a friend; Russia is not an enemy. And I told the President as I was leaving, the NATO summit, a lot of leaders came up and asked me to send their personal regards to them.

And in terms of our bilateral relations, we'll continue to work to make them as strong as they can possibly be, and there's a lot of areas -- in trade, in commerce, in energy -- that we're working together to make progress.
Bill Clinton in 2020?

Condi Rice probably had access to putin's CIA psych profile.

With the benefit of hindsight, the russia is a friend approach turned out to be wishful thinking. It's common sense that perspectives change over the course of nearly 25 years.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Mr. Putin said he had been heartened by Bush remarks that cast Russia as a part of Europe and potential ally. ''When a president of a great power says that he wants to see Russia as a partner, and maybe even as an ally, this is worth so much to us,'' Mr. Putin said today.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/06/17/worl ... hield.html

Some more background on Putin Bush from 2001
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:04 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:54 am So after Putin asked Clinton in 2020 about the possibility of joining NATO, Clinton was interested but told Putin he would bounce that around with his staff and later told Putin it’s just not possible right now….

From November 2002

Bill Clinton in 2020?

With the benefit of hindsight, the russia is a friend approach turned out to be wishful thinking. It's common sense that perspectives change over the course of nearly 25 years.
Clinton in 2001

Wishful thinking for Russia? Considering that to be possible would be common sense as well
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:19 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:04 am

Bill Clinton in 2020?

Clinton in 2001

Wishful thinking for Russia? Considering that to be possible would be common sense as well
It would have been great if it had worked out but it turned out to be a pipedream. Maybe putin's psych profile showed that he was unlikely to be a reliable friend and ally and more likely to be a sociopath who would invade other sovereign nations.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:19 am

Clinton in 2001

It would have been great if it had worked out but it turned out to be a pipedream. Maybe putin's psych profile showed that he was unlikely to be a reliable friend and ally and more likely to be a sociopath who would invade other sovereign nations.
JFC
Clinton and Bush we’re looking at this guy right in the eye

His psych profile according to who? Typical bull shit bureaucratic way to make these decisions

Clinton and Bush were looking at him right in the eye
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:09 am
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 am
JFC

His psych profile according to who? Typical bull shit bureaucratic way to make these decisions

WTF does "looking him right in the eye" prove?

MAQA yahoos have been mocking Clinton and Bush for years but now want to use them as proof that putin was a good guy and could have been an ally? That it's our fault that he invaded first Crimea and then Ukraine proper? Bullsh!t!

History has proven that putin is a dictator with no respect for human life or sovereign borders. He didn't become that person, it's who he was in 2001 whether Clinton and Bush realized it or not.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:44 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:09 am

JFC

MAQA yahoos have been mocking Clinton and Bush for years but now want to use them as proof that putin was a good guy and could have been an ally? That it's our fault that he invaded first Crimea and then Ukraine proper? Bullsh!t!

History has proven that putin is a dictator with no respect for human life or sovereign borders. He didn't become that person, it's who he was in 2001 whether Clinton and Bush realized it or not.
You jump to a lot of false conclusions…. We’re only in 2001 right now on this, I know Putin takes an ugly turn but why?

History shows Putin was interested in partnering with the west, and was rebuffed. He might have had outlandish demands. All I’m saying is who knows what would’ve happened with him if we opened the door for Russia to be included into the NATO club.

The real question is if Russia joined NATO, what was the purpose of NATO going forward? To protect against Iran and China, and now look who is partnering up with those two countries….
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:44 am

You jump to a lot of false conclusions…. We’re only in 2001 right now on this, I know Putin takes an ugly turn but why?

History shows Putin was interested in partnering with the west, and was rebuffed. He might have had outlandish demands. All I’m saying is who knows what would’ve happened with him if we opened the door for Russia to be included into the NATO club.

The real question is if Russia joined NATO, what was the purpose of NATO going forward? To protect against Iran and China, and now look who is partnering up with those two countries….
What conclusions am I jumping to? Please explain what my conclusions are and why they're false.

Anything you or I think about what might have happened in and after 2001 is pure speculation and my speculations (not conclusions) are no less valid than yours.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

True or False

Vladimir Putin was the first world leader to call President Bush after the 9-11 attack?

True

He basically said … anything you need I’m here for you

Why was Putin trying so hard at diplomacy with the USA?

And when and why did these good relations take a hard turn ?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

When Dubya declined Prigozhin's pivo

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)