AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Ukraine

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:43 am
Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 am

What I love is that Russia says it can do whatever it wants in its borders...and then proceeds to tell other countries what to do in their borders. :lol:

We have a showdown coming and Biden isn't equipped to manage it. We've got mobilization occurring at the moment, 8,500 US troops at the ready, a handful of fighters and a MASH unit from Germany all coming together to face a much larger and determined Russian force. :roll:
Eh, Putin's playing with a strong hand right now. He doesn't even need to invade and he gets what he wants - turmoil in Ukraine, NATO countries tripping over each other in disagreements (US and UK are terribly worried, Germany says don't piss off Russia because they need natural gas, economic markets swing up and down on the latest news clip, and China casually laughs off to the side watching the turmoil). Putin could probably keep this up for months, if not longer. Heck, he probably likes the fact that this has made Biden do more live news conferences - nothing like watching an elderly, bewildered man lash out with random profanity when the confusion gets too much. Putin's guilty of elder abuse if nothing else.
Biden (and NATO) are Putin's bitches.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:28 am

Eh, Putin's playing with a strong hand right now. He doesn't even need to invade and he gets what he wants - turmoil in Ukraine, NATO countries tripping over each other in disagreements (US and UK are terribly worried, Germany says don't piss off Russia because they need natural gas, economic markets swing up and down on the latest news clip, and China casually laughs off to the side watching the turmoil). Putin could probably keep this up for months, if not longer. Heck, he probably likes the fact that this has made Biden do more live news conferences - nothing like watching an elderly, bewildered man lash out with random profanity when the confusion gets too much. Putin's guilty of elder abuse if nothing else.
I'm still shocked and amazed that there are mouth breathers like Houndy who still cling to the discredited idea that Trump was doing Putin's bidding - Putin never would've tried something like this when Trump was in the White House - with Biden at the helm Putin looks like he's going to get whatever he wants. Trump may have been a petulant, unintelligent man-child, but he certainly wasn't in Putin's corner.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

UN Security Forces aren't much of a threat. Weren't they sent into Kosovo with empty weapons?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38 am

I'm still shocked and amazed that there are mouth breathers like Houndy who still cling to the discredited idea that Trump was doing Putin's bidding - Putin never would've tried something like this when Trump was in the White House - with Biden at the helm Putin looks like he's going to get whatever he wants. Trump may have been a petulant, unintelligent man-child, but he certainly wasn't in Putin's corner.
Like I pointed out to the mouthbreather, in Obama's time in the barrel (after seeing how harshly Obama punished Syria for crossing the "line in the sand"...NOT) Putin invaded and annexed Ukraine's Crimean penninsula, and as soon as Biden was announced as the winner he started making preps to finish the task and take the whole of Ukraine. During Trump's 4 years? Nada. Nothing. Zip. Squat. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Putin knows weakness when he sees it. And Obama and Biden were/are weak.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:49 am

Like I pointed out to the mouthbreather, in Obama's time in the barrel (after seeing how harshly Obama punished Syria for crossing the "line in the sand"...NOT) Putin invaded and annexed Ukraine's Crimean penninsula, and as soon as Biden was announced as the winner he started making preps to finish the task and take the whole of Ukraine. During Trump's 4 years? Nada. Nothing. Zip. Squat. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Putin knows weakness when he sees it. And Obama and Biden were/are weak.
You forgot that we had hit the "reset" button so...

I'd say the one thing that has continued through Obama and Trumps tenures was the cyberattacks in Kiev. That's gone unchecked.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am

I'd say the one thing that has continued through Obama and Trumps tenures was the cyberattacks in Kiev. That's gone unchecked.
and from the MSM during Trump's time in the barrel it was "he's a puppet", while during Obama's and Biden's time? Not a peep....it's like it suddenly just stopped.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:40 am

What I love is that Russia says it can do whatever it wants in its borders...and then proceeds to tell other countries what to do in their borders. :lol:

We have a showdown coming and Biden isn't equipped to manage it. We've got mobilization occurring at the moment, 8,500 US troops at the ready, a handful of fighters and a MASH unit from Germany all coming together to face a much larger and determined Russian force. :roll:
:lol: :nod:

Best part is whatever happens in Ukraine has no bearing on US national security. This is all a money grab for defense contractors and the Biden admin conducting a "Wag the Dog" interference op.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:nod: :lol: :dunce:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:03 am

Best part is whatever happens in Ukraine has no bearing on US national security. This is all a money grab for defense contractors and the Biden admin conducting a "Wag the Dog" interference op.
Chalk up another war began by a Democrat.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

NYT puff piece on Russia’s current military capabilities.
https://news.yahoo.com/russias-military ... 21425.html
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:50 am
SDHornet wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:03 am

Chalk up another war began by a Democrat.
What do you mean by that, Tom? I know you're aware that Republicans have started wars. Are you implying Democrats start wars as distractions or for ulterior motives? I'm not going against you, just trying to understand your line of thinking here. :kisswink:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 pm NYT puff piece on Russia’s current military capabilities.
“cross-domain coercion” — blending the real or threatened use of force with diplomacy, cyberattacks and propaganda to achieve political aims.
If that isn't exactly the case, i'm not sure what is.

I know I harp on this subject, maybe b/c I've seen so much of it, but the cyberattacks are the ones that truly scare me - not a standing army of 400,000. The sophistication is extraordinary. :twocents:

Ukraine was hit by a cyber attack 2 days ago - a relatively minor one but an attack nonetheless. The 2nd one since an attack 2 weeks ago, which a was oddly unsophisticated, that defaced 70 or so government websites that said, " be afraid and expect worse." It's been tied to the Russian Military and coming from Belarus.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:56 pm NYT puff piece on Russia’s current military capabilities.
“cross-domain coercion” — blending the real or threatened use of force with diplomacy, cyberattacks and propaganda to achieve political aims.

I know I harp on this subject, maybe b/c I've seen so much of it, but the cyberattacks are the ones that truly scare me - not a standing army of 400,000. The sophistication is extraordinary. :twocents:

Ukraine was hit by a cyber attack 2 days ago - a relatively minor one but an attack nonetheless. The 2nd one since an attack 2 weeks ago, which a was oddly unsophisticated, that defaced 70 or so government websites that said, " be afraid and expect worse." It's been tied to the Russian Military and coming from Belarus.
And they’re threatening US companies as well….we’ve ramped up our surveillance of our systems dramatically in the past 96 hours….
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:24 am
Ibanez wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:52 am

And they’re threatening US companies as well….we’ve ramped up our surveillance of our systems dramatically in the past 96 hours….
As you should have. :thumb: :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

I knew Ukraine produced a lot of food, but not to this extent. Comes from the WaPo, so I’ll take with a grain of salt as far as to whether we need to be concerned or not, but apparently Ukraine is a pretty big player in food production on the world stage. If Russia invades, could we see our food inflation go much higher on top of the double digit we’ve already seen in the past year? For countries who are major importers from Ukraine (mostly 2nd and 3rd world but also China), could be huge problems.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/an ... NewsSearch
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Bread basket of the former Soviet Union.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Now the Ukraine is saying all the posturing and clamor from the West (Biden et al) could be damaging to Ukraine and could be egging the Russians on. Kind of like a self-fulfilled prophecy. I'm of the same mind as Obama as it regards Joe Biden - don't underestimate the ability of Joe Biden being able to royally screw something up. :coffee:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60174684
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:36 am I knew Ukraine produced a lot of food, but not to this extent. Comes from the WaPo, so I’ll take with a grain of salt as far as to whether we need to be concerned or not, but apparently Ukraine is a pretty big player in food production on the world stage. If Russia invades, could we see our food inflation go much higher on top of the double digit we’ve already seen in the past year? For countries who are major importers from Ukraine (mostly 2nd and 3rd world but also China), could be huge problems.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/an ... NewsSearch
Big player and depending on the weather in a few other areas of the globe, it can be a very big player. CNH sells quite a bit of equipment over in that area.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Ibanez wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:05 am

It was an OVERCHARGE button, not a reset button. Hillary made the US look like jerks (Trump quote of the debacle). :lol:

Last edited by SeattleGriz on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:25 am Now the Ukraine is saying all the posturing and clamor from the West (Biden et al) could be damaging to Ukraine and could be egging the Russians on. Kind of like a self-fulfilled prophecy. I'm of the same mind as Obama as it regards Joe Biden - don't underestimate the ability of Joe Biden being able to royally screw something up. :coffee:

I was reading the same thing about Zelensky telling Biden to slow his roll - said it's scaring the Ukrainian people and causing damage to his country. Seems like Ukraine is leaving Joe on the sideline and discussing it out with Germany, France, Ukraine and Russia.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:36 am
GannonFan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:25 am Now the Ukraine is saying all the posturing and clamor from the West (Biden et al) could be damaging to Ukraine and could be egging the Russians on. Kind of like a self-fulfilled prophecy. I'm of the same mind as Obama as it regards Joe Biden - don't underestimate the ability of Joe Biden being able to royally screw something up. :coffee:

I was reading the same thing about Zelensky telling Biden to slow his roll - said it's scaring the Ukrainian people and causing damage to his country. Seems like Ukraine is leaving Joe on the sideline and discussing it out with Germany, France, Ukraine and Russia.
You know that it has to be hurting Ukraine financially and it will for years. If you were a company thinking about moving a manufacturing plant, for example, to the Ukraine would you make that investment now? Would you anytime in the foreseeable future?

Biden has been wrong on just about everything his entire career. Why would he be any different now? But at least he doesn't tweet mean things. :ohno:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

So there are conflicting reports about the call between Biden and Zelensky. There are calls to release the transcript. Isn't the failure to release an impeachable offense?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Which is exactly what should happen.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:49 am

You know that it has to be hurting Ukraine financially and it will for years. If you were a company thinking about moving a manufacturing plant, for example, to the Ukraine would you make that investment now? Would you anytime in the foreseeable future?

Biden has been wrong on just about everything his entire career. Why would he be any different now? But at least he doesn't tweet mean things. :ohno:
Wife and I were discussing this last night.

How Biden helped create the student debt problem he now promises to fix
In the lead up to the 2005 bankruptcy act, Biden tried to justify his support for the legislation by pointing to abuse of the bankruptcy system by people who should at least pay back some of their debts. By requiring better-off borrowers to repay what they could afford, private lenders would be able to reduce their interest rates to the benefit of all consumers.

Neither claim was born out by events. Later reviews found that the level of abuse in the student loan system was relatively insignificant; nor did the removal of bankruptcy protections from private student loans lower interest rates.

“The evidence is not there – making bankruptcy laws more protective of lenders did not lead to more access and cheaper credit,” Jacoby said.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... 5-act-2020

The Senator from MBNA :roll:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

HI54UNI wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:26 am So there are conflicting reports about the call between Biden and Zelensky. There are calls to release the transcript. Isn't the failure to release an impeachable offense?
:lol: Only if there's a quid pro quo or something like that.