Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by Skjellyfetti »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:52 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:44 am Trump and BDK do realize he was President for four years, right?
For the last 4 presidents, name the 1 where Putin didn’t invade anything..
What did he do to end the war or deescalate?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:28 am
BDKJMU wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:52 am
For the last 4 presidents, name the 1 where Putin didn’t invade anything..
Anything or any other nation? We don't know what happened behind closed doors in Helsinki so "anything" can't be answered with certainty. :coffee:
And eastern Ukraine for Obama..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 8:13 pm

Its part of the Putin's Master Strategy, most of which isn't perceptible because humans have mass and that restricts them (us) to only 4 of the available dimensions. The mercenaries and conscripted prisoners are not really running away if you look at the situation through the lens of 11 dimensional string theory. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The failure of Russia’s Wunderwaffe is game over for Putin
After Putin was taken aback by the unexpected failure of his initial invasion last February, he came up with a hasty Plan B. That was to invest in Wunderwaffe (“wonder weapons”), in the same way as Hitler did in the second half of the Second World War, while building up his forces for a renewed offensive this spring.
The harsh reality underlined in the latest apparent downing of all six Kinzhals fired at Kyiv has added to questions about Russia’s ability to project military power, including its nuclear arsenal, which has been the most significant factor in deterring all-out Western support for Ukraine.
But it would be foolhardy to take any of this as an indication that a future Ukrainian victory is guaranteed. Kyiv is still in a desperate fight for its life and there is no sign that Russia is likely to give up. It is far from clear that the Ukrainian army possesses sufficient resources to mount the decisive counter-offensive that has long been talked of as imminent.
About Richard Kemp in case anyone wants to question his bonafides.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Under budget and ahead of schedule. :clap:

$3 billion accounting error means the Pentagon can send more weapons to Ukraine
https://apnews.com/article/ukraine-cost ... 1cfe2a4642

Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Thu May 18, 2023 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:35 pmBy the way, don't think Patriot or Iron Dome would help much. Been trying to find the article stating that, but it was too long ago.
Russia has had difficulty carrying out their hissy fits at Kyiv civilians since Patriots have been deployed. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 5:37 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:35 pmBy the way, don't think Patriot or Iron Dome would help much. Been trying to find the article stating that, but it was too long ago.
Russia has had difficulty carrying out their hissy fits at Kyiv civilians since Patriots have been deployed. :coffee:
I beg to differ. Did you watch the video the Ukrainian lady posted and then was forced to apologize? Here is someone else posting her video. If they are shooting off 30 at a time, their inventory won't last long coupled with the fact we don't have any confirmation Ukraine's claims are accurate. At least none I've seen, but honestly haven't been looking too hard. Been on a different assignment at work and not getting much chance to waste time surfing. Stupid work.

Everything is better with SeattleGriz
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Patriots are cheaper than Khinzhals and we have **way** more Patriots sitting around than Russia has Khinzhals or is able to produce.

This was a missile you were gushing over when they first used it. Now it's successfully countered - you complain about it taking more than one shot. :lol:

Oh, and it was also "fake news" that one could even be shot down not long ago. :coffee:

You're always talking about the left not caring about human lives in this war. What is the value of the lives that would be lost if a half dozen ballistic missiles landed in an urban center?

Also, I do not think it got blown up as your tweet claims. Though, I guess that will become more clear if Russia's tantrums are able to be more successful in the future.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 6:14 pm Patriots are cheaper than Khinzhals and we have **way** more Patriots sitting around than Russia has Khinzhals or is able to produce.

This was a missile you were gushing over when they first used it. Now it's successfully countered - you complain about it taking more than one shot. :lol:

Oh, and it was also "fake news" that one could even be shot down not long ago. :coffee:

You're always talking about the left not caring about human lives in this war. What is the value of the lives that would be lost if a half dozen ballistic missiles landed in an urban center?

Also, I do not think it got blown up as your tweet claims. Though, I guess that will become more clear if Russia's tantrums are able to be more successful in the future.
I've never gushed over the Khinzhal. Also, how many urban centers has Russia bombed?

The article below is why I don't think the Patriot is much help, especially as there is no proof of the claims. Hell, it could have been the Ghost of Kyiv.

The article talks about issues in Saudi Arabia with the Patriot as well. I'll admit comparing 91 Gulf War Patriots with today's version probably isn't apples to apples, but it's all Ukraine has left and the Patriot wasn't supposed to be a stand alone system. It was supposed to have support.

Lastly, the US has admitted the system was hit, but said it wasn't fully destroyed. They were going to assess if they could repair it locally or elsewhere.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/28/pa ... verywhere/
But I am deeply skeptical that Patriot has ever intercepted a long-range ballistic missile in combat — at the least, I have yet to see convincing unclassified evidence of a successful Patriot intercept. During the 1991 Gulf War, the public was led to believe the that the Patriot had near-perfect performance, intercepting 45 of 47 Scud missiles. The U.S. Army later revised that estimate down to about 50 percent — and even then, it expressed “higher” confidence in only about one-quarter of the cases. A pesky Congressional Research Service employee noted that if the Army had correctly applied its own assessment methodology consistently, the number would be far lower. (Reportedly that number was one — as in one lousy Scud missile downed.)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:18 pmLastly, the US has admitted the system was hit, but said it wasn't fully destroyed. They were going to assess if they could repair it locally or elsewhere.
And have also confirmed that it is operational.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/05/16 ... raine-news

It was probably hit with debris. It's not armored to withstand a hit from a ballistic missile. No piece of the system was directly hit. And, if it was - future salvo hissy fits will be more successful. We'll see. :coffee:

But, again. It wasn't long ago that you dismissed the suggestion of a Patriot system shooting down a Kinzhal as fake news.

Food for thought: The only reason Russia is still a "power" is because of their nuclear arsenal. If they don't have a means of delivering a nuclear strike without interception, mutually assured destruction is off the table. Probably why they arrested their Kinzhal scientists who oversold their product. :coffee:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russ ... -rcna84857
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:18 pmLastly, the US has admitted the system was hit, but said it wasn't fully destroyed. They were going to assess if they could repair it locally or elsewhere.

It was probably hit with debris. It's not armored to withstand a hit from a ballistic missile. No piece of the system was directly hit. And, if it was - future salvo hissy fits will be more successful. We'll see. :coffee:

But, again. It wasn't long ago that you dismissed the suggestion of a Patriot system shooting down a Kinzhal as fake news.

Food for thought: The only reason Russia is still a "power" is because of their nuclear arsenal. If they don't have a means of delivering a nuclear strike without interception, mutually assured destruction is off the table. Probably why they arrested their Kinzhal scientists who oversold their product. :coffee:
Can you provide me evidence of this, or are you still buying the media that brought you the Ghost of Kyiv? Or Snake Island? How many times do you have to keep stepping on that rake SkalmyFetti?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:23 pm
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:11 pm

Can you provide me evidence of this, or are you still buying the media that brought you the Ghost of Kyiv? Or Snake Island? How many times do you have to keep stepping on that rake SkalmyFetti?
Thats pretty good shooting - imagine what we have in our bag of tricks that that we aren't sharing :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:42 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:23 pm

Thats pretty good shooting - imagine what we have in our bag of tricks that that we aren't sharing :thumb:
I’m not sure he understands how we’re not even sending our latest tech to deal with the Russian’s latest tech.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

So it sounds like Russia now has some border protection issues as well.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:02 pm

I’m not sure he understands how we’re not even sending our latest tech to deal with the Russian’s latest tech.
I bet we took a lot of shit out of the Patriots and M-1s and F-16s before we brought the Ukrainians in for training.

I stopped wondering how the Pentagon could possibly lose track of a couple of trillions in their audits the night I watched a satellite moving west to east turn 90 degrees on a dime and accelerate to the north.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

:rofl: Really? I've been dealing with you trying to tell me Ukraine is going toe to toe with Russia, while I've been pointing out the disparity not only in capability, but capacity as well. Fail.

You don't get to switch jerseys now.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:12 pm

:rofl: Really? I've been dealing with you trying to tell me Ukraine is going toe to toe with Russia, while I've been pointing out the disparity not only in capability, but capacity as well. Fail.

The only jersey I wear is freedom, homey.

(And with a bi-partisan sponsorship logo of course).
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

kalm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:03 pm So it sounds like Russia now has some border protection issues as well.
:lol:

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:22 am
kalm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:03 pm So it sounds like Russia now has some border protection issues as well.
:lol:

Yes. :lol:

It’s an interesting development and could still be coordinated by UKR as a decoy and/or a fog of war type situation but it doesn’t make Russia look good regardless.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

yeah, i doubt they can hold it (although, you never know... :lol: ) - but, russia is for sure going to have to reinforce the border with troops and equipment they'd clearly prefer somewhere else...
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:25 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:12 pm

No. You kept saying I was crazy when I pointed out the capability and capacity advantage Russia has. You've switched jerseys to the common sense side now.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:31 pm The failure of Russia’s Wunderwaffe is game over for Putin
After Putin was taken aback by the unexpected failure of his initial invasion last February, he came up with a hasty Plan B. That was to invest in Wunderwaffe (“wonder weapons”), in the same way as Hitler did in the second half of the Second World War, while building up his forces for a renewed offensive this spring.
The harsh reality underlined in the latest apparent downing of all six Kinzhals fired at Kyiv has added to questions about Russia’s ability to project military power, including its nuclear arsenal, which has been the most significant factor in deterring all-out Western support for Ukraine.
But it would be foolhardy to take any of this as an indication that a future Ukrainian victory is guaranteed. Kyiv is still in a desperate fight for its life and there is no sign that Russia is likely to give up. It is far from clear that the Ukrainian army possesses sufficient resources to mount the decisive counter-offensive that has long been talked of as imminent.
About Richard Kemp in case anyone wants to question his bonafides.
:lol: Plagiarizer! I've been reading the term wunderwaffen for over a year in regards to the next "game changer" that gets sent to Ukraine.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 5:21 pm
kalm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:25 pm

No. You kept saying I was crazy when I pointed out the capability and capacity advantage Russia has. You've switched jerseys to the common sense side now.
What?

I knew from the start and advocated for supporting UKR as they had less military capability.

So how’s that capability and capacity working out for Russia?

Have they won their 3 day military operation yet?