Political discussions
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:58 am The irony of you thinking other people are gaslighting, and not recognizing your own, is incredibly rich. :coffee:
Magat gaslighting. It's falling victim to fringe sources and echo chamber reports that the election was stolen or the Russians are justified.
FYP

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:52 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
Magat gaslighting. It's falling victim to fringe sources and echo chamber reports that the election was stolen or the Russians are justified.
FYP

I get your point, but the irony here is that it wasn't difficult to find a reasonable source that said the blockage of Russian goods through Lithuania, weren't on the EU banned list and thus should not be blocked, which I posted. A month later, a biased DC media source says the original EU list was a fabrication.

I have been off of mainstream media since Russia collusion and Covington Catholic. COVID was a real eye opener to just how bad the lying in the media can be because I could finally quantify the level of lying. Independent media has been far more accurate than WaPo, Fox, Washington Examiner, etc.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

A very interesting analysis…

SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:14 am A very interesting analysis…

How does Leonid know Putin is losing support?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

This guy gets it…

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:42 am
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 10:52 pm

FYP

I get your point, but the irony here is that it wasn't difficult to find a reasonable source that said the blockage of Russian goods through Lithuania, weren't on the EU banned list and thus should not be blocked, which I posted. A month later, a biased DC media source says the original EU list was a fabrication.

I have been off of mainstream media since Russia collusion and Covington Catholic. COVID was a real eye opener to just how bad the lying in the media can be because I could finally quantify the level of lying. Independent media has been far more accurate than WaPo, Fox, Washington Examiner, etc.
:rofl:

well, there's your problem... :nod:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:23 pm This guy gets it…

Cue Reek 2&3 to the defense of poor misunderstood Vladimir...

This guy hit it on the head. Its time to teach Russia (china) a lesson. NATO takes over the air and they might last two weeks, and when its over we add Ukraine and Finland to NATO.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:16 am
kalm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:23 pm This guy gets it…

This guy hit it on the head. Its time to teach Russia (china) a lesson. NATO takes over the air and they might last two weeks, and when its over we add Ukraine and Finland to NATO.
Pick up a rifle and head over there. :coffee:
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:07 am

Already did my time. 8-)

And it wouldn't be fair to the Russians :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:06 am

Already did my time. 8-)
Peeling potatoes doesn’t count.. :coffee:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Already did my time. 8-)

And it wouldn't be fair to Ukrainian farm animals :coffee:
FYP :D
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Already did my time. 8-)

You sound like a neocon - send somebody else's kid to fight the war you want.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am
Already did my time. 8-)

NeoCons:
- Dick Cheney
- Donald Rumsfield
- Hillary Clinton
- Houndy

That's some august company you're keeping Houndy. ;)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:43 am

Already did my time. 8-)

And it wouldn't be fair to Ukrainian farm animals :coffee:
FYP :D
:rofl:

Why don't you teach BDFKWT how to do that? He's not pulling his weight anymore the poor dumb bastard... :ohno:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 am
HI54UNI wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:13 am

NeoCons:
- Dick Cheney
- Donald Rumsfield
- Hillary Clinton
- Houndy

We're fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:59 am
UNI88 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:40 am

NeoCons:
- Dick Cheney
- Donald Rumsfield
- Hillary Clinton
- Houndy

Oh, so it's a domino theory type of thing. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:17 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:59 am

Oh, so it's a domino theory type of thing. :coffee:
oil too! :lol:
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Putin faces second war front as Chechens threaten new offensive in Russia
A spokesman for the Sheikh Mansur Battalion said the resistance group had divided Chechnya into three sectors and claimed to have begun working with local populations "to uncover the enemy troop movements, type of transport, type of armaments, number of troops and quantity of weapons."

Fox News could not independently verify the claims, but Rebekah Koffler, a Russia expert and former intelligence officer in Russian doctrine and strategy for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), said it could serve as a strategy to distract Putin’s war effort in Ukraine.

"The possibility of them taking advantage of Putin’s forces being tied up in Ukraine to assert their independence is very plausible," she explained.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:11 pm Putin faces second war front as Chechens threaten new offensive in Russia
A spokesman for the Sheikh Mansur Battalion said the resistance group had divided Chechnya into three sectors and claimed to have begun working with local populations "to uncover the enemy troop movements, type of transport, type of armaments, number of troops and quantity of weapons."

Fox News could not independently verify the claims, but Rebekah Koffler, a Russia expert and former intelligence officer in Russian doctrine and strategy for the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), said it could serve as a strategy to distract Putin’s war effort in Ukraine.

"The possibility of them taking advantage of Putin’s forces being tied up in Ukraine to assert their independence is very plausible," she explained.
Chechnya is like 1/40 the population of Ukraine, and Russia already decimated them once. If there's truly a significant movement in Chechnya then I wish them well, but I don't see there being any real chance for them to break away from Russia and I would only foresee another brutal annihilation like they suffered in the second Chechen war.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:02 pm
Chechnya is like 1/40 the population of Ukraine, and Russia already decimated them once. If there's truly a significant movement in Chechnya then I wish them well, but I don't see there being any real chance for them to break away from Russia and I would only foresee another brutal annihilation like they suffered in the second Chechen war.
The odds might be against them but their best chance is while Russia is occupied with Ukraine.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

UNI88 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:13 pm

The odds might be against them but their best chance is while Russia is occupied with Ukraine.
Their best chance is to migrate and leave Chechnya. Sorry, even if they could win independence in the next year while Russia is occupied in Ukraine, Russia will always go back and finish them off. They won independence of a sort in the 90's and then Russia leaned on them for about a decade to bring them to heel. Best option is to get out of Russia.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

1/30th. About 1.4 million to 41+ million (44 million if include Crimea).

During the 2 Chechen-Russians wars sure, Chechnya got decimated, but the better equipped, far superior in numbers Russians got bogged down when they shouldn't have, and suffered multiple times the casualties the Chechens did.

During the Winter War the Soviets, despite 50X the population than the Finns, the Soviets got bogged down suffered ginormous casualties. Then they had about 3x the population of Germany (and were only fighting 1/2 of Germany to boot for much of the war) and their casualties & equip losses were almost beyond comprehension.

Seems to me the Russians are incapable of beating anyone without 1st getting bogged down and taking large losses. Its almost as if their military doctrine is one step above trading men for bullets.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:58 pm

During the 2 Chechen-Russians wars sure, Chechnya got decimated, but the better equipped, far superior in numbers Russians got bogged down when they shouldn't have, and suffered multiple times the casualties the Chechens did.

During the Winter War the Soviets, despite 50X the population than the Finns, the Soviets got bogged down suffered ginormous casualties. Then they had about 3x the population of Germany (and were only fighting 1/2 of Germany to boot for much of the war) and their casualties & equip losses were almost beyond comprehension.

Seems to me the Russians are incapable of beating anyone without 1st getting bogged down and taking large losses. Its almost as if their military doctrine is one step above trading men for bullets.
I don't disagree that Russia is horribly inefficient with manpower when they fight wars (as even what we're seeing in the Ukraine war today). That being said, there is zero chance that Chechnya would be able to fight its way to independence today. Heck, you're assuming that the 1.4 million Chechnyans would all be on the side of independence. Russia has had 20 years to displace and replace the populace there - I'd be willing to bet there's a fair number of pro-Russians in that population now. It's what Russia does. It's like 16th century Britain in that regard, just 400 years later. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:29 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:58 pm

I don't disagree that Russia is horribly inefficient with manpower when they fight wars (as even what we're seeing in the Ukraine war today). That being said, there is zero chance that Chechnya would be able to fight its way to independence today. Heck, you're assuming that the 1.4 million Chechnyans would all be on the side of independence. Russia has had 20 years to displace and replace the populace there - I'd be willing to bet there's a fair number of pro-Russians in that population now. It's what Russia does. It's like 16th century Britain in that regard, just 400 years later. :coffee:
People are also assuming Russia didn't learn anything in those wars. Russia is employing drone spotting techniques for their artillery strikes among other things. From what I've read, the Chechen Wars were the typical flatten everything with artillery (including dense urban areas) and that has not been the strategy with Ukraine.

Considering the Russians are able to rotate units along the front line in Ukraine and shelling the front with an estimated 50k artillery shells a day, they aren't nearing the "collapse" the MSM claimed them to be a few weeks into this war. I mean wasn't there a headline about Russia running out of rockets for their MLRS systems by now?

Oh and saw some EU countries pull back on some of their sanctions when Putin tightened the spigot on their gas supply. Couple that with Zelensky asking for more billions upon billions every time he makes a media appearance and NATO is going to be in an interesting predicament come late fall.