Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Ukraine Crisis

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:41 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:41 am

I didn’t even know who Johnson was the last time I mentioned Zalensky. I have enough of a rudimentary understanding of Jesus to know anyone who supports Putin or Trump doesn’t. :lol:
No. The fact you made such a statement shows you still don't get what Jesus was about. Jesus isn't to be used as some sort of moral cudgel that fits your views. You now sound like the moralizing church goers. Great job.
So Jesus is down with Putin and Trump?

Do explain.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

I didn’t even know who Johnson was the last time I mentioned Zalensky. I have enough of a rudimentary understanding of Jesus to know anyone who supports Putin or Trump doesn’t. :lol:
No. The fact you made such a statement shows you still don't get what Jesus was about. Jesus isn't to be used as some sort of moral cudgel that fits your views. You now sound like the moralizing church goers. Great job.
Then why are you cudgeling kalm for using Jesus as "some sort of moral cudgel"? Do you also "now sound like the moralizing church goers"?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Speaking of church goers, have you seen the pics of the churches the Russians have attendsd in Ukraine?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Do explain.
And you miss the point again. You moralizing to people by using Jesus as a cudgel is the issue. You are doing exactly what you complain of church goers as doing, and accurately so, but you don't get to pull that and not get called out too.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:07 pm

Then why are you cudgeling kalm for using Jesus as "some sort of moral cudgel"? Do you also "now sound like the moralizing church goers"?
No. I have not passed judgement on Klam by using Jesus as my barometer.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Speaking of church goers, have you seen the pics of the churches the Russians have attendsd in Ukraine?
Maybe. I'd have to see the ones you are talking about.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:07 pm Then why are you cudgeling kalm for using Jesus as "some sort of moral cudgel"? Do you also "now sound like the moralizing church goers"?
You might not be using Jesus as your barometer but you’re still judging him. Explain to me why it’s ok for you to judge him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 pm
houndawg wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:51 pm

Maybe. I'd have to see the ones you are talking about.
You won't recognize them - the gold has already been melted down. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:38 pm
kalm wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Do explain.
And you miss the point again. You moralizing to people by using Jesus as a cudgel is the issue. You are doing exactly what you complain of church goers as doing, and accurately so, but you don't get to pull that and not get called out too.
All sorts of bad people worship a god. The point is to be a good person. Regardless.

Jesus would agree.

It’s the old go to church one day a week so you can be an asshole the other 6?

Pretty sure that’s not the point.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:58 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:07 pm

You need less Jesus and more Grateful Dead. Same message, more fun.. :thumb:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:31 am

All sorts of bad people worship a god. The point is to be a good person. Regardless.

Jesus would agree.

Just because you go to church one day a week doesn’t necessarily make you an azzhole the other 6 days
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am

Jesus would agree.

Just because you go to church one day a week doesn’t necessarily make you an azzhole the other 6 days
I didn’t say it did. There are many wonderful church going Christians. Just like there are many wonderful, Jesus-like people who’ve never set foot in a Christian church.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:36 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:21 am

I didn’t say it did. There are many wonderful church going Christians. Just like there are many wonderful, Jesus-like people who’ve never set foot in a Christian church.
Ok thanks for the clarification
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:11 pm
SeattleGriz wrote:
You might not be using Jesus as your barometer but you’re still judging him. Explain to me why it’s ok for you to judge him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing I'm judging him on his use of Jesus in a manner that he himself judges Christians with.

It's like him saying how judge Christians are, only to use the same argument.

It irony in its finest. You too.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Jesus would agree.

Agreed. But for you to weigh someone's value in relation to Jesus is the height of irony. It's exactly what the Christians you criticize do.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:23 pm
UNI88 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:11 pm
The only thing I'm judging him on his use of Jesus in a manner that he himself judges Christians with.

But you're still judging him. You're assuming that your version of Christianity is correct and therefore kalm is wrong and can be judged. What if you're wrong?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:24 pm

Jesus would agree.

Agreed. But for you to weigh someone's value in relation to Jesus is the height of irony. It's exactly what the Christians you criticize do.
1). I’m not a Christian.

2). Someone’s value as a human being has nothing to do with their chosen faith. It’s their actions that matter.

3). This also has nothing to do with calling out hypocrisy or rhetoric that threatens our constitutional rights (to circle back to Mike Johnson). That hypocrisy and threat clearly transcends faith.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:23 pm

But you're still judging him. You're assuming that your version of Christianity is correct and therefore kalm is wrong and can be judged. What if you're wrong?
Yes. Klam is versed in biblical studies and has figured out what they all missed.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:24 pm

1). I’m not a Christian.

2). Someone’s value as a human being has nothing to do with their chosen faith. It’s their actions that matter.

3). This also has nothing to do with calling out hypocrisy or rhetoric that threatens our constitutional rights (to circle back to Mike Johnson). That hypocrisy and threat clearly transcends faith.
And I'll ask again. What threat will Mike Johnson implement? I too think he's a little too uptight, but I'm not worried about what he'll "ram through".

So what is he going to implement?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:38 pm
kalm wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm

1). I’m not a Christian.

And I'll ask again. What threat will Mike Johnson implement? I too think he's a little too uptight, but I'm not worried about what he'll "ram through".

Threat? :?

I'm thinking he goes all-in supporting Ukraine against the godless commies, especially after the scenes of the looted churches and missing gold artifacts. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:56 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:38 pm

I'm thinking he goes all-in supporting Ukraine against the godless commies, especially after the scenes of the looted churches and missing gold artifacts. :coffee:
Those were Klams words, not mine.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:00 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:56 pm

Those were Klams words, not mine.
You agree with me, of course.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:36 pm
UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:34 pm
Yes. Klam is versed in biblical studies and has figured out what they all missed.
The bible was written by men interpreting God's words. What if they screwed it up and it isn't accurate?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm

The bible was written by men interpreting God's words. What if they screwed it up and it isn't accurate?
And every scribe put his own mark on it
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm

So you're saying there is a moral bean counter and you had better get 100 beans or you don't go to "heaven"?