Lois Lerner E-Mails

Political discussions
TheDancinMonarch
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Lois Lerner E-Mails

Post by TheDancinMonarch »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-lost-lo ... rty-probe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, isn't that convenient!
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Re: Lois Lerner E-Mails

Post by travelinman67 »

Were this to occur under a Republican administration there would be 24/7 media shrieking until a special prosecutor was appointed.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

The bitch should be in jail.

Impeach Obama.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

To be honest, I really don't think there's a conspiracy behind this. Digital info is lost all the time and 99.9% of the time it's not malicious. The simple explanation is that people often don't understand how a system fully works which is why info ends up getting lost. If large corporations with the best tech aren't immune from it, I certainly don't expect the government to be (unless it's for a high security application). I'm sure anyone working for the government can tell you how outdated some of the tech they work with is. For example, I know a person recently hired by the GSA that got a hand-me-down laptop with XP on it. :?
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

∞∞∞ wrote:To be honest, I really don't think there's a conspiracy behind this. Digital info is lost all the time and 99.9% of the time it's not malicious. The simple explanation is that people often don't understand how a system fully works which is why info ends up getting lost. If large corporations with the best tech aren't immune from it, I certainly don't expect the government to be (unless it's for a high security application). I'm sure anyone working for the government can tell you how outdated some of the tech they work with is. For example, I know a person recently hired by the GSA that got a hand-me-down laptop with XP on it. :?
What are you taking about? My brand new laptop has XP on it. :ohno:

Anyway, they just don't "lose" emails. I don't work for the IRS, but I can promise you that there are tons of redundancies built into the system to make sure all email communication is not lost. If those emails are truly gone for good, it was done on purpose. :nod:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Ask the NSA for help.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ivytalk wrote:The bitch should be in jail.

Impeach Obama.
You sound like a Tea Partier. Better turn in your RINO credentials.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:The bitch should be in jail.

Impeach Obama.
You sound like a Tea Partier. Better turn in your RINO credentials.
The only tea party that I would attend is one hosted by the Queen of England. :nod:

Better yet, one hosted by the Duchess of Cambridge! :nod: :nod: :thumb:
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

∞∞∞ wrote:To be honest, I really don't think there's a conspiracy behind this. Digital info is lost all the time and 99.9% of the time it's not malicious. The simple explanation is that people often don't understand how a system fully works which is why info ends up getting lost. If large corporations with the best tech aren't immune from it, I certainly don't expect the government to be (unless it's for a high security application). I'm sure anyone working for the government can tell you how outdated some of the tech they work with is. For example, I know a person recently hired by the GSA that got a hand-me-down laptop with XP on it. :?
Hogwash.

I worked around tech for 22 years, only did irregular backups, and still have EVERY email that matters going back 22 years. We're talking about the IRS...they don't "lose" information.

This is an intentional cover up, assuradely because the crap leads to the White House.

I made the observation back in 2007 during the election that the Obama camp was conducting a vindictive, unethical campaign to "punish" dissenters, usually press, egregious conduct far beyond traditional politics.

He has changed chiefs, advisors,.but the problems continue and the only three constants are himself, Valerie Jarret, and John Podesta.

Obama makes Nixon appear to be a Boy Scout.
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Update: hard copies of the emails have been located in a file with Hillary Clinton's Whitewater memos and a tape with the missing 18 1/2 minutes.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

travelinman67 wrote:
Hogwash.

I worked around tech for 22 years, only did irregular backups, and still have EVERY email that matters going back 22 years. We're talking about the IRS...they don't "lose" information.

This is an intentional cover up, assuradely because the crap leads to the White House.

I made the observation back in 2007 during the election that the Obama camp was conducting a vindictive, unethical campaign to "punish" dissenters, usually press, egregious conduct far beyond traditional politics.

He has changed chiefs, advisors,.but the problems continue and the only three constants are himself, Valerie Jarret, and John Podesta.

So he's conniving enough to be an intentionally shitty president. :mrgreen:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

kalm wrote:
travelinman67 wrote:
Hogwash.

So he's conniving enough to be an intentionally shitty president. :mrgreen:

He's just preparing for a post-Presidential career on Wall Street. :nod:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Yes, that's a hand me down but all info was copied before the hard drive was cleaned. Back ups are constantly made.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

I'm no tech expert but something here doesn't add up.

Emails are stored in online accounts and servers, correct? What would a computers hard drive crashing have to do with that?

Every company I've worked for have used a very very basic intranet system and security yet have access to every e-mail sent to, and from, every e-mail address since they started using e-mail, records of every IM sent, website visited,etc...

I don't believe that the government, whom has shown their spyinng capabilities (probably just touched the surface with that fiasco) with the NSA.

There is some conspiracy shit here.

Where's spanos when we need it?
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

What should be done:
FBI and Justice Dept. investigators show up unannounced at IRS with material warrants (specifically, to prevent destruction of evidence), confiscating servers until records can be duplicated.

What will happen:
Justice Dept. will block Congressional investigators until pertinent records are destroyed; as they did for Carol Browner, Lisa Jackson, Gina McCarthy, Janet Lubchenko, Ken Salazar, Loretta King and Gary Locke. When asked about investigation status, Justice will reply there is no investigation.

Obama and Holder are THE MOST CORRUPT men to ever hold POTUS and AG positions in our country's history.

:thumbdown:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Ooooooohhhhh...I smell a scandal! And it's serious this time!
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:Ooooooohhhhh...I smell a scandal! And it's serious this time!
of all the 'scandals' surrounding the obama admin- this one is legit

that anyone can call the IRS targeting groups based on politics alone us chilling as a motherfvcker

and dont give me that "they werent abiding by the rules" crap because neither were the lefty groups

so make light if this all you want- but if it was a republican admin youd be sh1tting yourself with rage

this crap should piss off ALL Americans
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:Ooooooohhhhh...I smell a scandal! And it's serious this time!
of all the 'scandals' surrounding the obama admin- this one is legit

that anyone can call the IRS targeting groups based on politics alone us chilling as a motherfvcker

and dont give me that "they werent abiding by the rules" crap because neither were the lefty groups

so make light if this all you want- but if it was a republican admin youd be sh1tting yourself with rage

this crap should piss off ALL Americans
Honestly, I wouldn't. It's all political theater and what you and I think doesn't amount to a hill of Salvadorian beans. Enjoy the ride! :thumb:
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

kalm wrote:It's all political theater and what you and I think doesn't amount to a hill of Salvadorian beans. :thumb:
A POTUS misusing his position by directing govt.agencies to target his political opponents and deny them rule of law protection is NOT political theater, it a criminal act, and an impeachable offense.

Go back to school.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

travelinman67 wrote:
kalm wrote:It's all political theater and what you and I think doesn't amount to a hill of Salvadorian beans. :thumb:
A POTUS misusing his position by directing govt.agencies to target his political opponents and deny them rule of law protection is NOT political theater, it a criminal act, and an impeachable offense.

Go back to school.
Yawn.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

this is one of those times when klam's "thoughtful moderate" facade comes into full light
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:this is one of those times when klam's "thoughtful moderate" facade comes into full light
Er, I mean fuck Obama and Holder...they are corrupt politicians! Impeach their asses!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:this is one of those times when klam's "thoughtful moderate" facade comes into full light
Er, I mean **** Obama and Holder...they are corrupt politicians! Impeach their asses!
we dont know that about obama - but the IRS needs a much cliser look without all the privileged hanky panky

personally i think lerner did this on her own but she deserves jail time
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter

Post by travelinman67 »

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Er, I mean **** Obama and Holder...they are corrupt politicians! Impeach their asses!
we dont know that about obama - but the IRS needs a much cliser look without all the privileged hanky panky

personally i think lerner did this on her own but she deserves jail time
Personally, I think Justice should be all over this like white on rice.

Wait, that might be racist...then again...

...just another corrupt liar past due for an indictment.
Last edited by travelinman67 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

The next time the NCUA asks me for some specific emails about something questionable, I think I'll tell them those emails are in the same place as Lois Lerner's emails. Lets see how they like it...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12