Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Target Bans Guns In Its Stores

Post by BDKJMU »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/0 ... 51101.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I picked a liberal source so none of you donks can complain.

Target, unlike Walmart, doesn't sell guns and ammo (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and now this.. :ohno:

Lets 10s of millions of customers credit card data be stolen, and now this. Just another reason not to shop at Target.. :ohno:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
ASUG8
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU

Re: Target Bans Guns In Its Stores

Post by ASUG8 »

You should be banning about 90% of retail establishments in that case. State laws in some cases may allow it, but retail establishments can make their own rules about what they allow/disallow in their stores.
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Police are investigating how a loaded gun wound up among children's toys at a Target store in South Carolina.

According to a police report, an employee at the Myrtle Beach store reported May 30 that he was investigating a possible theft when he noticed a black handgun on top of a superhero toy box.

The employee told officers he had seen a man repeatedly walking around that section of the store, but authorities said they didn't know if that man had put the gun among the toys.

Authorities said the 9-mm handgun had not been reported stolen and had eight bullets inside. Officers said they would review security camera footage to try to determine who left the gun in the store.

The discovery comes as Target and other retailers face pressure to prohibit customers from carrying guns into their stores. On Wednesday, the group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America launched a petition asking the company to prevent customers from carrying firearms in Target stores. The petition is unrelated to the discovery of the gun in South Carolina.

A spokeswoman for Target said the safety of its employees and customers are its top priority. Store employees are working with law enforcement in Myrtle Beach to help track down the person who left the gun, spokeswoman Molly Snyder said.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... /10028865/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Someone sent me this a couple days ago. Here's the opposite in Colorado:

Would you complain about your meal if the waitress serving the food was packing heat?

That’s exactly what you’ll find at Shooters Grill, the aptly named restaurant located in the town of Rifle, Colorado.

The family-run, American-style diner features wait staff who exercise their open-carry rights and invites customers to do the same.

Owner Lauren Boebert told TheBlaze that she didn’t necessarily set out to open a Second Amendment haven in Rifle. She’s just ”always carried,” so three days after they opened, she started carrying on the job. Within days, other staff asked if they could do the same.

Boebert said, “Of course.”

Not long after, customers took notice. She said she arrived one day and found a homemade sign taped to the restaurant’s window that said, “guns are welcome on premises.” Boebert ultimately replaced the homemade sign with a printed one.

She still doesn’t know who taped the original sign to her window, but “he did me a favor.”

Now in its second year, the 55-seat restaurant employs 16 people and is looking to hire, posting about job openings on Facebook.

Boebert told the Post Independent that her friends initially cautioned against the name “Shooters” because it “sounded like a bar or strip joint.” Shooters Grill is neither: The restaurant doesn’t serve alcohol, and the walls also sport reminders of the Boeberts’ Christian faith.

“We called it Shooters and started throwing guns and Jesus all over the place,” she said.
Boebert said the decision to open the restaurant was a “leap of faith,” a backup plan in case her husband Jayson’s work in the oilfields hit a rough patch.

The couple spotted an empty space in the town where she had lived for 14 years and signed a lease within a few days. They got to work, opening in May 2013.

“I give all the glory to God, ” she said."
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06 ... ess-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/0 ... 51101.html
Target, unlike Walmart, doesn't sell guns and ammo (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) and now this.. :ohno:

Lets 10s of millions of customers credit card data be stolen, and now this. Just another reason not to shop at Target.. :ohno:
You belong at Wal-Mart anyway... consider it a win/win

:kisswink:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

And, here's what people were doing in Target

- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Interesting how some stores will put a ban on guns and it causes such a hoopla- it really is PR and not much more for a few reasons:

1) the stores cannot pursue criminal charges against someone who carries into the store unless the state law allows them to do so. So if they catch someone with a gun, they can put them on trespass notice and tell them not to come back (AND STAY OUT OF THA WOOLWORTHS!). So if I REALLY felt the need to carry in Target I would do so. If I am carrying a PROPERLY concealed weapon and now showing it off like some yahoo then nobody will know I have it anyway.

2) Criminals are going to carry regardless. The gun in SK's article was almost 100% for sure ditched there by a criminal who may have thought the police were on to him

Its really much ado about nothing, and I support private businesses' prerogative to disallow firearms if they so choose. It really doesnt make them any safer, but if they feel it helps their business then have at it.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Eh, what's the point of carrying a rifle into Target or any place for that matter? Concealed handguns, ok. But a long gun? If that inspires fear and you get yourself shot, what do you say then?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

Just went to a business in Sonora last weekend, sporting goods, guns, ammo, fishing, knives etc. great selection...

...inside a bar.

Fuck yeah!

Heading back there this afternoon.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:Interesting how some stores will put a ban on guns and it causes such a hoopla- it really is PR and not much more for a few reasons:

1) the stores cannot pursue criminal charges against someone who carries into the store unless the state law allows them to do so. So if they catch someone with a gun, they can put them on trespass notice and tell them not to come back (AND STAY OUT OF THA WOOLWORTHS!). So if I REALLY felt the need to carry in Target I would do so. If I am carrying a PROPERLY concealed weapon and now showing it off like some yahoo then nobody will know I have it anyway.

2) Criminals are going to carry regardless. The gun in SK's article was almost 100% for sure ditched there by a criminal who may have thought the police were on to him

Its really much ado about nothing, and I support private businesses' prerogative to disallow firearms if they so choose. It really doesnt make them any safer, but if they feel it helps their business then have at it.

The POINT isn't about making them "safer"
The point is that the people with children (Families) walk out of the store when a trove of GUNS ARE COOL band strolls in for an in-store-parade

Its bad for business

They just don't want anymore in-store PARADES
when the nut-balls clear out the store

:nod:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

This country has fallen so far when people complain about guns in stores yet welcome soccer in droves.

:ohno:

P.S. CID.....IMO the gun left in Target was placed there by an anti gun left wing nut bar so a child could be harmed and they get a news story out of it.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

Ibanez wrote:Eh, what's the point of carrying a rifle into Target or any place for that matter? Concealed handguns, ok. But a long gun? If that inspires fear and you get yourself shot, what do you say then?
This is merely to make a point.

Attempts to ban firearms mobilizes people to become gun owners, and existing gun owners to purchase more. That's been verified by research.

I was at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center a few Saturdays back...

...I estimated there were around 500-600 shooters at midday.
20 yrs back, there would have been 15-20 on a Saturday.

20 yrs ago, only a few shooters had military style semi-autos...

...today, WELL OVER HALF are shooting "AR" style rifles.

Gun control liberals just don't get it.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Interesting how some stores will put a ban on guns and it causes such a hoopla- it really is PR and not much more for a few reasons:

The point is that the people with children (Families) walk out of the store when a trove of GUNS ARE COOL band strolls in for an in-store-parade

Its bad for business

I mostly agree with that

I was mainly referring to concealed carry situations- personally I think flaunting guns in public places just to make a point makes you an asshole- and has little to do with protection...

if I want to rob a store and I walk in and see you with your stupid AK-47 hanging from under your belly flopped over your belt... I am going to walk up to you and announce that this is a robbery by shooting you in your stupid head
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

travelinman67 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Eh, what's the point of carrying a rifle into Target or any place for that matter? Concealed handguns, ok. But a long gun? If that inspires fear and you get yourself shot, what do you say then?
This is merely to make a point.

Attempts to ban firearms mobilizes people to become gun owners, and existing gun owners to purchase more. That's been verified by research.

I was at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center a few Saturdays back...

...I estimated there were around 500-600 shooters at midday.
20 yrs back, there would have been 15-20 on a Saturday.

20 yrs ago, only a few shooters had military style semi-autos...

...today, WELL OVER HALF are shooting "AR" style rifles.

Gun control liberals just don't get it.
I know, but as the NRA says, it does more harm than good. Extremist ruin a good thing.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Its bad for business

I mostly agree with that

I was mainly referring to concealed carry situations- personally I think flaunting guns in public places just to make a point makes you an asshole- and has little to do with protection...

if I want to rob a store and I walk in and see you with your stupid AK-47 hanging from under your belly flopped over your belt... I am going to walk up to you and announce that this is a robbery by shooting you in your stupid head
100% spot on...professional criminals play by their own rules...

I will make a point of visiting Target over the next few days...carrying concealed...

No big deal...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Col Hogan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I mostly agree with that

100% spot on...professional criminals play by their own rules...

I will make a point of visiting Target over the next few days...carrying concealed...

No big deal...
all they can do is throw you out of the Woolworths

(I love that scene in O Brother Where Art Thou)
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Col Hogan wrote:

No big deal...

I will also carry and we can bring Trip with his special vest.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Chizzang wrote:

:lol:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

Chizzang wrote:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

travelinman67 wrote:Just went to a business in Sonora last weekend, sporting goods, guns, ammo, fishing, knives etc. great selection...

...inside a bar.

Fuck yeah!

Heading back there this afternoon.

You'd love Ruff's Drive-through Liquor and Gun Store in Flagstaff (and yes, I worked there one summer in college).
:thumb:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:This country has fallen so far when people complain about guns in stores yet welcome soccer in droves.

:ohno:

P.S. CID.....IMO the gun left in Target was placed there by an anti gun left wing nut bar so a child could be harmed and they get a news story out of it.
Problem with your theory - do the anti-gun nuts even know where to buy a gun? Would they piss their pants just carrying it?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dbackjon wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
Target is more expensive and more tasteful...it's the gay walmart... :mrgreen:
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

HI54UNI wrote: Problem with your theory - do the anti-gun nuts even know where to buy a gun? Would they piss their pants just carrying it?
Some of the "anti-gun nuts" are even gun owners. Gasp! :shock:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

ASUG8 wrote:You should be banning about 90% of retail establishments in that case. State laws in some cases may allow it, but retail establishments can make their own rules about what they allow/disallow in their stores.
Maybe more like 10%. Most retail establishments I've been in haven't posted signs banning guns and/or made public pronouncements like Target did.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

Honest question...
Do people really, I mean REALLY, base their shopping and retail choices based on whether or not they can bear fire arms there?