Political discussions
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Re: Thank you coal!

Post by HI54UNI »

Day two of running diesel generators to keep the lights on.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:48 am Day two of running diesel generators to keep the lights on.
You too are single-handedly doomed humanity! ;)
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

UNI88 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:40 am
HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:48 am Day two of running diesel generators to keep the lights on.
Nope. We're saving lives by keeping the A/C running! :D
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:29 am

There's bound to be some Malthusian environmentalists out there who are happy with less people to be around to be generating CO2 and therefore not appreciative of your efforts to keep them alive. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:29 am

I spent two weeks at the family century farm in the mid 80’s. No central air, played 18 holes in 96 degree heat at Ames CC. Somehow survived.

Iowa has apparently gone soft… :ohno:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This looks like a fairly good place to put this instead of continuing to try to find a Climate Change thread.

See https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... ure%20data. Remember when people were saying global warming had stopped? That was during 1998 through 2012. Here's a page on that last updated in 2018: https://www.climate.gov/news-features/c ... 0to%20zero.

If you look at the graph on the page at the first link (you can click on it to see it bigger), you can see that 1998 through 2012 was indeed fairly flat. If that's all you were looking at, you wouldn't see much evidence of a warming trend. Here's what it looks like:

But now it's clear that the warming trend had not stopped. Now, we are at a point where the past 8 complete years were characterized by the highest 8 mean global temperatures on record. That cannot reasonably be explained by chance. We are looking at England having it's highest temperature ever after setting it's previous record in 2019. We are looking at British airfields having to shut down because the heat affected the runways. We are looking at Canada having 120 degree temperatures last year.

I am conservative in terms of statistics. There is a rule that cause and effect cannot be inferred without controlled experimentation. So I have said in the past that it is important to note that controlled experimentation is not possible with respect to climate change.

However, as a practical matter, a point comes where the prudent course is to go with what the observational data suggest. At this point, it's time for all to admit that things have generally gone the way Climate Scientists were saying they would go back in the 1980s. As a general matter they predicted this warming trend. It's time to stop saying they were wrong. It is time to stop dismissing their warnings. Time for the heads to come out of the ground.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Day 3 of running diesel generators to keep the lights and A/C running.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:44 pm This looks like a fairly good place to put this instead of continuing to try to find a Climate Change thread.

See https://www.climate.gov/news-features/u ... ure%20data. Remember when people were saying global warming had stopped? That was during 1998 through 2012. Here's a page on that last updated in 2018: https://www.climate.gov/news-features/c ... 0to%20zero.

If you look at the graph on the page at the first link (you can click on it to see it bigger), you can see that 1998 through 2012 was indeed fairly flat. If that's all you were looking at, you wouldn't see much evidence of a warming trend. Here's what it looks like:

But now it's clear that the warming trend had not stopped. Now, we are at a point where the past 8 complete years were characterized by the highest 8 mean global temperatures on record. That cannot reasonably be explained by chance. We are looking at England having it's highest temperature ever after setting it's previous record in 2019. We are looking at British airfields having to shut down because the heat affected the runways. We are looking at Canada having 120 degree temperatures last year.

I am conservative in terms of statistics. There is a rule that cause and effect cannot be inferred without controlled experimentation. So I have said in the past that it is important to note that controlled experimentation is not possible with respect to climate change.

However, as a practical matter, a point comes where the prudent course is to go with what the observational data suggest. At this point, it's time for all to admit that things have generally gone the way Climate Scientists were saying they would go back in the 1980s. As a general matter they predicted this warming trend. It's time to stop saying they were wrong. It is time to stop dismissing their warnings. Time for the heads to come out of the ground.
How did the glacier that used to be over my house melt?

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:58 am
JohnStOnge wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:44 pm This looks like a fairly good place to put this instead of continuing to try to find a Climate Change thread.

It got warmer during the Younger-Drias period. One theory is that a large meteor strike in Canada flash melted a bunch of the ice which led to biblical flooding and also created a few years of increased water vapor in the atmosphere and a wet, cooler global climate.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

kalm wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:16 am
HI54UNI wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:58 am

It got warmer during the Younger-Drias period. One theory is that a large meteor strike in Canada flash melted a bunch of the ice which led to biblical flooding and also created a few years of increased water vapor in the atmosphere and a wet, cooler global climate.
What caused the little ice age?

How do current CO2 levels compare to historical CO2 levels?

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Day 4 of running generators and fossil fuels saving lives.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:10 am
kalm wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:16 am

What caused the little ice age?

How do current CO2 levels compare to historical CO2 levels?
Haven’t looked. IIRC, the little ice age had something to do with Gulf Stream reduction for a number of years.

What you got?
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

If you fly by private jet (esp a 747) and ride around in huge convoys of jumbo size SUVs, consuming in one day more gas and spewing more carbon than most people do in a lifetime, and then talk about how ‘Climate Change’ is an existential threat, you are the ultra hypocrite..
President Biden on Friday cruised through Rome with an 85-vehicle motorcade — drawing criticism for the poor optics ahead of a global warming summit in Glasgow, Scotland, to which Biden is bringing about a dozen top US officials.

“Biden arriving at the Vatican. His motorcade is lonnnnnng,” tweeted Washington Post reporter Chico Harlan, along with a video of the procession.

“#Decarbonize this,” one person captioned the video.

“America’s Marie Antoinette class is Washington’s elites – and that shows it,” another person responded.
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/202 ... le-n599021

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter

Post by HI54UNI »

Fossil fuels keeping people from freezing to death this weekend. Midwest grid operators called emergency alerts yesterday and TVA was asking for load shed. MISO called a Max Gen event yesterday. Midwest grid operators on heightened alert through tomorrow.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:01 am If you fly by private jet (esp a 747) and ride around in huge convoys of jumbo size SUVs, consuming in one day more gas and spewing more carbon than most people do in a lifetime, and then talk about how ‘Climate Change’ is an existential threat, you are the ultra hypocrite..
President Biden on Friday cruised through Rome with an 85-vehicle motorcade — drawing criticism for the poor optics ahead of a global warming summit in Glasgow, Scotland, to which Biden is bringing about a dozen top US officials.

“Biden arriving at the Vatican. His motorcade is lonnnnnng,” tweeted Washington Post reporter Chico Harlan, along with a video of the procession.

“#Decarbonize this,” one person captioned the video.

“America’s Marie Antoinette class is Washington’s elites – and that shows it,” another person responded.
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/202 ... le-n599021

More of the same hypocrisy...
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Maybe it isn't because of global warming but the weather is and will continue to have an impact in southeastern coastal areas.

Farmers Insurance is the 4th major insurer to leave Florida, underlining insurance crisis
Now that Farmers Insurance has decided to join more than a dozen other Florida insurance companies that have stopped writing home insurance policies in the state, over 100,000 homeowners are scrambling to find new coverage in a dwindling yet critical industry.
Floridians on average are paying over $4,200 for their yearly home insurance premium, an increase of 42% compared with last year, Mark Friedlander, spokesperson for the Insurance Information Institute, told USA Today. By comparison, the average annual premium in the U.S. costs $1,700.
Let's pick a fight with Disney, deny the impact of climate change and then whine like Karens when things go to hell in a handbasket.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:50 pm Maybe it isn't because of global warming but the weather is and will continue to have an impact in southeastern coastal areas.

Farmers Insurance is the 4th major insurer to leave Florida, underlining insurance crisis
Now that Farmers Insurance has decided to join more than a dozen other Florida insurance companies that have stopped writing home insurance policies in the state, over 100,000 homeowners are scrambling to find new coverage in a dwindling yet critical industry.
Floridians on average are paying over $4,200 for their yearly home insurance premium, an increase of 42% compared with last year, Mark Friedlander, spokesperson for the Insurance Information Institute, told USA Today. By comparison, the average annual premium in the U.S. costs $1,700.
Let's pick a fight with Disney, deny the impact of climate change and then whine like Karens when things go to hell in a handbasket.
Because most of the Florida population lives on/near the overdeveloped coast. It has nothing to do with so called climate change. Its because govt subsidized coastal overdevelopment by getting involved in the flood insurance business over a half century ago. Never should have gotten involved..
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:18 pm
UNI88 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:50 pm Maybe it isn't because of global warming but the weather is and will continue to have an impact in southeastern coastal areas.

Because most of the Florida population lives on/near the overdeveloped coast. It has nothing to do with so called climate change. Its because govt subsidized coastal overdevelopment by getting involved in the flood insurance business over a half century ago. Never should have gotten involved..
That's probably part of the problem but it isn't that simple. If that was it, insurers would stay in the state and adjust rates accordingly just for coastal developments. Climate change and litigation are also part of the problem but the Conks will stick their heads in the sand and shirk responsibility.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Speaking of shirking responsibility ...

Florida’s insurance crisis: DeSantis says ‘knock on wood’ during hurricane season
While speaking on the Howie Carr show Wednesday, DeSantis said he thinks more insurance companies will return to Florida after the Hurricane Season. The Governor doesn’t appear to be entertaining the idea of another special session, which some senators say is needed to bring homeowners relief.
:rofl:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands, like these Germans did, with the climatologist lunatics blocking roadways, accomplishing nothing but pissing off the general public, and ironically causing MORE pollution. The hot blond grabbing the one lefty chick by the hair and dragging her away twice while cussing in German :lol: :luv:

You’re going to glue your hand to a runway and then flip out because it hurts being unglued.. :dunce: :lol:

Now gone viral..
https://www.foxnews.com/media/german-wo ... ger-mounts