Political discussions
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Kerry: Iran Gets Nuclear Weapons

Post by travelinman67 »

White House to sign off on Iran nuclear development allowing weaponization in 10 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/phased-us-iran-nu ... itics.html

The single worst decision in our nation's history.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Kerry: Iran Gets Nuclear Weapons

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Wait....Iran with Nuclear weapons is a bad idea? :suspicious:
Spoiler: show
:sarcasm:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

travelinman67 wrote:White House to sign off on Iran nuclear development allowing weaponization in 10 years.

Close but no cigar. The reelection of Obama holds that honor. :coffee:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Ibanez wrote:
travelinman67 wrote:White House to sign off on Iran nuclear development allowing weaponization in 10 years.

Close but no cigar. The reelection of Obama holds that honor. :coffee:
Probably true, since it led directly to THIS decision.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Close but no cigar. The reelection of Obama holds that honor. :coffee:
Probably true, since it led directly to THIS decision.
Cause & Effect.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
travelinman67
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Portland State Vikings
A.K.A.: Modern Man

Post by travelinman67 »

Kerry is utterly incompetent.

We would be wiser to have Dennis Rodman negotiating nuclear accords.
"That is how government works - we tell you what you can do today."
- EPA Kommissar Gina McCarthy
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

So the argument is
We think we can keep them from Nukes forever..?
And by negotiating with them for Nukes in ten years we're now somehow in more danger...?

keep your friends close and your enemies closer maybe..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:So the argument is
And by negotiating with them for Nukes in ten years we're now somehow in more danger...?

Every president since the invention of the nuclear bomb has managed to keep them from developing the capability. But SOMEHOW, Obama isn't able...go figure.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

I suspect the administration is wagering on a regime change before the 10 years lapses.

Iran's population is heavily Westernized, especially those 35 and under (which account for nearly 70 percent of the country). The current regime in Iran is non-representative of those it governs, and this will only become even more pronounced in the next decade.

I don't know enough to pass an assessment about whether this wager is reasonable. I would hope, though, it is based on significant and credible intelligence indicating that a regime change is inevitable.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Iran gets nukes, Russia gets the Ukraine, ISIS gets Syria and lots of Iraqi desert. Why North Korea isn't taking advantage of this opportunity to get what they want is beyond me. Maybe they were too focused on that movie and lost perspective?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

JoltinJoe wrote:I suspect the administration is wagering on a regime change before the 10 years lapses.

Iran's population is heavily Westernized, especially those 35 and under (which account for nearly 70 percent of the country). The current regime in Iran is non-representative of those it governs, and this will only become even more pronounced in the next decade.

I don't know enough to pass an assessment about whether this wager is reasonable. I would hope, though, it is based on significant and credible intelligence indicating that a regime change is inevitable.
Bah, to hell with your logic and rational thinking! Them durn ragheads gonna blow up the whole world! :coffee:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by LeadBolt »

JoltinJoe wrote:I suspect the administration is wagering on a regime change before the 10 years lapses.

The regime change these jokers are wagering on is their own. Since they won't be in office when Iran gets nukes, its not their problem. :ohno:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

But that's been the case in Iran for something like the past 20 years and they haven't had a regime change yet. Either the highly Westernized, young Iranians who aren't overthrowing their government actually like their government, or they don't have the means to overthrow them. Seeing how they haven't made a lot of noise, I'm going with the former.
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

GannonFan wrote:Iran gets nukes, Russia gets the Ukraine, ISIS gets Syria and lots of Iraqi desert. Why North Korea isn't taking advantage of this opportunity to get what they want is beyond me. Maybe they were too focused on that movie and lost perspective?
It's a mystery why North Korea isn't getting something, even the Castro's figured out how to jump on the band wagon.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

LeadBolt wrote:

The regime change these jokers are wagering on is their own. Since they won't be in office when Iran gets nukes, its not their problem. :ohno:
Yep, just like ISIS isn't Bush and co's problem, even though they so foolishly created the power vaccuum that's allowed them to flourish in Iraq. :thumb:
LeadBolt
Level3
Level3

Post by LeadBolt »

Grizalltheway wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
Yep, just like ISIS isn't Bush and co's problem, even though they so foolishly created the power vaccuum that's allowed them to flourish in Iraq. :thumb:
Or maybe the power vacuum in Iraq was created when the Big 0 pulled out American ground troops. Since ISIS began in Syria, how do you blame that on Bush. Perhaps if the Big 0's administration hadn't supported ISIS with weapons and cash vs. Syria early on, they wouldn't be the issue they are today... :dunce:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Post by andy7171 »

ISIS is the power vacuum that Bush warned would happen if we did just pull out of Iraq, like we did. But it's still his fault?
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

:roll:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S.%E2%80 ... _Agreement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

andy7171 wrote:ISIS is the power vacuum that Bush warned would happen if we did just pull out of Iraq, like we did. But it's still his fault?
We went over this, it's Woodrow Wilson's fault. All downhill in that region since the Treaty of Versailles. :coffee:
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Grizalltheway wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
And who's fault is it that ISIS is in Libya?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:So the argument is

Every president since the invention of the nuclear bomb has managed to keep them from developing the capability. But SOMEHOW, Obama isn't able...go figure.
:geek: Um... okay I'll bite

So your argument is we can keep a free country (Iran) from Nukes development FOREVER
until the end of time (the end) regardless of available technology and so forth

Is that your argument..?

Why didn't Bush stop North Korea from Nukes in 2006..?
Every President since 1950 had - why did our president let that happen..?

Oh and:
Every c- physics student at MIT knows how to build THE bomb
So ten years is a miracle considering that when N. Korea dropped their test bomb in 2006 everybody said Iran would have one in five years
Last edited by Chizzang on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

So your argument is we can keep a free country (Iran) from Nukes development FOREVER

Is that your argument..?

Every President since 1950 had - why did Bush let that happen..?
Hadn't North Korea been pursuing a weapons plan of nuclear materials as soon as they signed, and then chose not to live up to, the Agreed Framework in 1994? I always though that was the big reveal when everyone found out 10 years later they had used that thing as a ruse to get things up to speed while no one was watching. Plus I remember that Hans Blix guy - cool name.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Is that your argument..?

Every President since 1950 had - why did Bush let that happen..?
Hadn't North Korea been pursuing a weapons plan of nuclear materials as soon as they signed, and then chose not to live up to, the Agreed Framework in 1994? I always though that was the big reveal when everyone found out 10 years later they had used that thing as a ruse to get things up to speed while no one was watching. Plus I remember that Hans Blix guy - cool name.
Your point..?

:coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
LeadBolt wrote:
Actually, what created the power vacuum was us announcing our departure. :coffee:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Is that your argument..?

Every President since 1950 had - why did our president let that happen..?

Oh and:
Every c- physics student at MIT knows how to build THE bomb
So ten years is a miracle considering that when N. Korea dropped their test bomb in 2006 everybody said Iran would have one in five years
Bush failed, just like Obama has. But at least he didn't go ahead and just tell them to do it.

Knowing how to BUILD one is one thing. Getting the MATERIALS necessary to build one is another. And being given the blessing to do so by the most powerful nation on earth is another level of lunacy altogether, while counting on a regime change is downright idiotic (if, as Ganny says, that's what they're doing).