Clinton e-mailgate

Political discussions

How big a problem is this for Hillary in '16?

Meh, not a big deal
13%
Moderate, along the lines of Christie's Bridgegate
8%
Huge
59%
Pee in GATW's butt
21%

Total votes: 39

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:45 am

CID1990 wrote:What State Department investigation are you referring to? What body of the State Department can make a determination of criminality?

I assume by DOJ investigation you mean the one where Comey invented intent as an element of the statute.

We’ve been down this road before, Reek.. I would have thought you’d had enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the DOJ investigation - I'm referring to the DOJ Inspector General investigation. The report came out in June 2018. Especially the chapter called 'The Department's Decision Not to Prosecute.'

By the State Department investigation - I'm referring to the investigation linked on the last page. They could pass on criminal referrals. They did not.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

Cid1990 wrote:It is going to be a sad day for a lot of people when all that comes of all of this is Flynn getting whacked.

Mueller is going to take a beating on the left before this business is over

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Postby GannonFan » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:27 am

houndawg wrote:
Pwns wrote:If Hillary has ever done anything serious that's illegal, she covered her own tracks. That cattle futures trade was shady as hell and I don't think any objective person can deny that but how can you really prove she had insider info? I think anyone can also agree that when it comes to politics I think most would agree not breaking the law isn't enough to say you're ethical.

My pet peeve are Democrats and feminists that act like Clinton's reputation comes from years of hard work of talk radio and Fox News. That's a load of crap. Anyone who thinks that and won't believe any right-wing source can read Christopher Hitchens' No One Left to Lie to, which is mostly about Bill but pretty much skewers Hillary as well. She is not well-liked by independents or Democrats.

They're butthurt because they've been trying to get her for anything for a quarter of a century but they're just too slow like - Charlie Brown trying to kick the football Lucy is holding. :ohno:

The thing is, they did kinda get Hillary. Her whole political existence for the past 20+ years was to be President. She stayed in a bad marriage and actually shielded a sexual predator (even slut-shamed the women he assaulted) in order to stay close to power. She then used her time as Sec of State to fill the coffers of the Clinton Foundation by favoring Friends of Bill. She did everything to get to the point in 2016 (after having the unlucky timing in 2008 to be blindsided by the Obama phenomenon) to be the slam dunk candidate, and even had what seemed to be a fortunate opponent in the abhorrent Trump candidacy, and despite all of that she lost. And now she's a political has-been going on talk shows and saying everyone is a Russian asset. History won't be kind to her, and what's worse, she's stuck in the present where she will never be President and she knows it. Hard to imagine her being happy with that.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Postby Chizzang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am

GannonFan wrote:
The thing is, they did kinda get Hillary. Her whole political existence for the past 20+ years was to be President. She stayed in a bad marriage and actually shielded a sexual predator (even slut-shamed the women he assaulted) in order to stay close to power. She then used her time as Sec of State to fill the coffers of the Clinton Foundation by favoring Friends of Bill. She did everything to get to the point in 2016 (after having the unlucky timing in 2008 to be blindsided by the Obama phenomenon) to be the slam dunk candidate, and even had what seemed to be a fortunate opponent in the abhorrent Trump candidacy, and despite all of that she lost. And now she's a political has-been going on talk shows and saying everyone is a Russian asset. History won't be kind to her, and what's worse, she's stuck in the present where she will never be President and she knows it. Hard to imagine her being happy with that.

This might be my favorite post of yours of all time ^ I am totally going to steal this verbatim
sorry - no copyright no trade mark - now it's mine.... poof just like that

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Postby houndawg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:23 am

GannonFan wrote:
houndawg wrote:
They're butthurt because they've been trying to get her for anything for a quarter of a century but they're just too slow like - Charlie Brown trying to kick the football Lucy is holding. :ohno:

I guess thats a victory for their cause, at the cost of looking like halfwitted clowns for decades. Hell, thats win/win for me. Toss in an impeachment resulting in president Pelosi and its a trifecta. Trump manages to take the FBI and the DOJ down with him and its quinella time, baby! :thumb:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Postby Chizzang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:27 am

houndawg wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

I guess thats a victory for their cause, at the cost of looking like halfwitted clowns for decades. Hell, thats win/win for me. Toss in an impeachment resulting in president Pelosi and its a trifecta. Trump manages to take the FBI and the DOJ down with him and its quinella time, baby! :thumb:

I think you're describing the "nobody wins" scenario that is this presidency in a nutshell
Everybody that knew Trump personally said as much

If Trump gets elected:

Nobody will get what they want
nobody will win in the end
and everybody will have to eat a sh!t sandwich on the race to the bottom

:coffee:

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:16 pm

Chizzang wrote:
houndawg wrote:

I think you're describing the "nobody wins" scenario that is this presidency in a nutshell

If Trump gets elected:

Actually, the “nobody wins” scenario is that Trump loses the upcoming election to Hillary Clinton, who jumped into the Dem primary at the last minute

I was just thinking about that last night.... what if we got both Trump AND Clinton?

<shudder>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Postby Chizzang » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:24 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

If Trump gets elected:

Actually, the “nobody wins” scenario is that Trump loses the upcoming election to Hillary Clinton, who jumped into the Dem primary at the last minute

I was just thinking about that last night.... what if we got both Trump AND Clinton?

<shudder>

Can you even imagine what a maniacal monster she would be in that scenario
Trump already cleared the stage of any debris... Presidents can now get away with murder

She would be out of control

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Postby CID1990 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:56 pm

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

<shudder>

Trump already cleared the stage of any debris... Presidents can now get away with murder

Welcome to the party, pal

They've gotten away with it for a long time

What Trump got rid of was the pretense of legitimacy and carefully crafted fibs on the Sunday morning shows
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Postby UNI88 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:31 am

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

<shudder>

Caligula comes to mind for some reason.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mainejeff2
Level2
Level2

Postby mainejeff2 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:56 am

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

<shudder>

The Big Bad Boogie Hillary Monster!

Conks will still obsess over her even after she is dead. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to “Politics”