Political discussions
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Re: Gorillas In The Mist - The Official Thread

Post by CitadelGrad »

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:22 am

You better get the message to MSM, to let them know which of the 40 murders a day in this country to cover.
Well, they can start with ones that are particularly heinous, as the execution of a 5-yr old boy. Then maybe the 50% of murders committed by 13% of the population. There is no need to report nationally on each murder, but failing to address the propensity of a minority population to commit murder and other violent crimes, is journalistic negligence.
What percent of that 13% lives in poverty and how does that compare to crimes committed by whites that live in poverty?
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:15 am
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 am

Well, they can start with ones that are particularly heinous, as the execution of a 5-yr old boy. Then maybe the 50% of murders committed by 13% of the population. There is no need to report nationally on each murder, but failing to address the propensity of a minority population to commit murder and other violent crimes, is journalistic negligence.
What percent of that 13% lives in poverty and how does that compare to crimes committed by whites that live in poverty?
Oh, I see. They are just reacting to a system that keeps them in poverty.

Perhaps people who are prone to violence and enjoy violence do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty.

They are not victims. They create victims.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:08 am
His head would look terrific in my scope.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:19 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:15 am

Perhaps people who are prone to violence and enjoy violence do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty.

How come I've never encountered that with African Americans in a professional environment? I've seen plenty of whites that are prone to violence and enjoy violence and do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:13 am
Duh...gravity keeps the black man down. It's racist.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 am
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:19 am

How come I've never encountered that with African Americans in a professional environment? I've seen plenty of whites that are prone to violence and enjoy violence and do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty.
I don't know. Perhaps those who are professional and employed are not prone to violence. The same can be said about other races.

I also have seen whites who are prone to violence and do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty. Thanks for making my point.

The numbers are what they are. 13% of the population (actually less than that if you normalize for children and women who tend to not commit a great deal of violent crime) account for 50% of murders and other violent crimes.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:58 am
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:41 am

I don't know. Perhaps those who are professional and employed are not prone to violence. The same can be said about other races.

I also have seen whites who are prone to violence and do not possess the attributes necessary to keep themselves out of poverty. Thanks for making my point.

The numbers are what they are. 13% of the population (actually less than that if you normalize for children and women who tend to not commit a great deal of violent crime) account for 50% of murders and other violent crimes.
There are approx 48,000,000 blacks in the USA, and approx 16,000 homicides, if blacks account for half, that's 8000 not counting multiple murders by 1 person. How many of those 8000 out of 48,000,000 live in poverty? Hardly evidence of a group you say are prone to violence and enjoy violence.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:23 am
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:58 am

There are approx 48,000,000 blacks in the USA, and approx 16,000 homicides, if blacks account for half, that's 8000 not counting multiple murders by 1 person. How many of those 8000 out of 48,000,000 live in poverty? Hardly evidence of a group you say are prone to violence and enjoy violence.
Comparitively far more prone than other ethnicities. Anyway, it isn't just murders, but approx. 50% of all violent crime. That means assaults, armed robbery, non-fatal shootings and stabbings, etc.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:49 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:23 am

Comparitively far more prone than other ethnicities. Anyway, it isn't just murders, but approx. 50% of all violent crime. That means assaults, armed robbery, non-fatal shootings and stabbings, etc.
Looking at the FBI database on homicides for 2018, there were 5723 total. 2509 white on white, 2245 black on black. Black killers were 39% of the total, not 50%. If you are living in the poverty area's of the inner city, there is a greater chance of a person becoming mixed up in drugs, gangs and the violent world that comes with it. Take the same person as a child to a good suburb or small town, and they grow up in a whole new world, away from the violence of the poverty stricken inner city.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Looking at the FBI database on homicides for 2018, there were 5723 total. 2509 white on white, 2245 black on black. Black killers were 39% of the total, not 50%. If you are living in the poverty area's of the inner city, there is a greater chance of a person becoming mixed up in drugs, gangs and the violent world that comes with it. Take the same person as a child to a good suburb or small town, and they grow up in a whole new world, away from the violence of the poverty stricken inner city.
:suspicious: There were 14,123 homicides.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... able-1.xls
and blacks were 48.3% of the offenders.

Race off offenders:
3177 black (48.3%)
3011 white (45.8%) (This includes most of team Brown)
*207 other (3.15%) (Includes American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Island)
175 unknown (2.7%)
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... able-6.xls

Single victim, single offender. Less than 6,600 offenders for 14,123 homicides explained below.
NOTE: This table is based on incidents where some information about the offender is known by law enforcement; therefore, when the offender age, sex, race, and ethnicity are all reported as unknown, these data are excluded from the table.
All the tables here.
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... ed-offense
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Poverty is an issue but not the only one. 10% of whites live in poverty, 20% black. That means there are LOT more whites living in poverty if you do the math.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Race off offenders:
3177 black (48.3%)
*207 other (3.15%) (Includes American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Island)
175 unknown (2.7%)

Single victim, single offender. Less than 6,600 offenders for 14,123 homicides explained below.
NOTE: This table is based on incidents where some information about the offender is known by law enforcement; therefore, when the offender age, sex, race, and ethnicity are all reported as unknown, these data are excluded from the table.
All the tables here.
I had the wrong year downloaded on my spreadsheet. Still 3177 out 48,000,000 is a small number to make a judgement on an entire population.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Poverty is an issue but not the only one. 10% of whites live in poverty, 20% black. That means there are LOT more whites living in poverty if you do the math.
I'm sure drugs and gangs are related to some that live in the inner city. According to the statistics, it's about 2-1 whites that live in poverty compared to blacks. Whites are spread throughout the country, while the larger populations of blacks are in the south and larger cities. I would also assume it's much easier to live near the poverty level in North Dakota compared to New York City, due to the cost of living expenses.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:16 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Race off offenders:
3177 black (48.3%)
175 unknown (2.7%)

All the tables here.
I had the wrong year downloaded on my spreadsheet. Still 3177 out 48,000,000 is a small number to make a judgement on an entire population.
Again, the incidence of black violent crime makes rates of violent among other races almost microscopic,

Compare black on black crime and black on white violent crime rates to white on white and white on black rates. You will easily see that, comparitively, there is a tremendous propensity for violence among blacks, especially black males from 16-35. Differences in poverty rates don't even come close to explaining the variances in violent crime rates.

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Again, the incidence of black violent crime makes rates of violent among other races almost microscopic,

Compare black on black crime and black on white violent crime rates to white on white and white on black rates. You will easily see that, comparitively, there is a tremendous propensity for violence among blacks, especially black males from 16-35. Differences in poverty rates don't even come close to explaining the variances in violent crime rates.
White on white 3315 victims, 2677 white offenders
Black on black 2975 victims, 2600 black offenders

So you are saying a black child growing up in rural North Dakota has the same chance of growing up in a violent neighborhood as a black child growing up in a gang infested neighborhood? You are telling me surroundings mean nothing? Yet we have over 40 million African American's making a great living in American along with other ethnicities.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

My circumstances made me break into that ATM and loot shit.
Last edited by CitadelGrad on Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:16 pm
CitadelGrad wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 pm

White on white 3315 victims, 2677 white offenders
Black on black 2975 victims, 2600 black offenders

So you are saying a black child growing up in rural North Dakota has the same chance of growing up in a violent neighborhood as a black child growing up in a gang infested neighborhood? You are telling me surroundings mean nothing? Yet we have over 40 million African American's making a great living in American along with other ethnicities.
Now do black on white and white on black.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm
89Hen wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 pm
I'm sure drugs and gangs are related to some that live in the inner city. According to the statistics, it's about 2-1 whites that live in poverty compared to blacks. Whites are spread throughout the country, while the larger populations of blacks are in the south and larger cities. I would also assume it's much easier to live near the poverty level in North Dakota compared to New York City, due to the cost of living expenses.
Isn’t the poverty level different for different regions/urban areas?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

AZGrizFan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:44 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:26 pm

Isn’t the poverty level different for different regions/urban areas?
Looks like it's the same, according to Wiki, for the lower 48, a little higher for Alaska and Hawaii.

Persons in
Family Unit 48 Contiguous States
and D.C. Alaska Hawaii
1 $12,140 $15,180 $13,960
2 $16,460 $20,580 $18,930
3 $20,780 $25,980 $23,900
4 $25,100 $31,380 $28,870
5 $29,420 $36,780 $33,840
6 $33,740 $42,180 $38,810
7 $38,060 $47,580 $43,780
8 $42,380 $52,980 $48,750
Each additional
person adds $4,320 $5,400 $4,970

Link
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.