The Planned Parenthood video...

Political discussions
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Re: The Planned Parenthood video...

Post by D1B »

Guys, Guys, Guys....JJ defended a priest who raped several hundred handicapped boys. His primary argument being that his opponent graduated from a state university. :lol:

Think about it.

The dude is either a monster or a troll.

We know he's not a monster.

God bless Joe.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:
Well if Abbott's popularity soars...in Texas...it must be right! :thumb:
The folks at PP are getting desperate. They are using all of PP's might. Lawsuits in San Fran. Getting an indictment in Houston. Selling the talking points that the videos were edited and distorted. :coffee:

Why the desperation? Because people have seen the videos and were appalled.

A poll by Robert Morris U shows nearly 54% of Americans favor defunding PP and providing that support to women's health organizations that do not perform abortions.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 86958.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there anyone outside the pro life movement who thinks the videos weren't edited and distorted?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:
The folks at PP are getting desperate. They are using all of PP's might. Lawsuits in San Fran. Getting an indictment in Houston. Selling the talking points that the videos were edited and distorted. :coffee:

Why the desperation? Because people have seen the videos and were appalled.

A poll by Robert Morris U shows nearly 54% of Americans favor defunding PP and providing that support to women's health organizations that do not perform abortions.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 86958.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is there anyone outside the pro life movement who thinks the videos weren't edited and distorted?
:lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

D1B wrote:Guys, Guys, Guys....JJ defended a priest who raped several hundred handicapped boys. His primary argument being that his opponent graduated from a state university. :lol:

Think about it.

God bless Joe.
Hey, I didn't defend the priest. I said only that the estimate that he abused 200 handicapped kids was a hyperbole. I also said, contrary to reports that church efforts to defrock him had been ended, after the intervention of Cardinal Ratzinger, the fact is the church ended proceedings against him because he died while these proceedings were on-going.

I said the "200" number being pushed by the lawyer$ was based on the "assumption" that the priest abused every kid who attended the school during his tenure there.

In fact, 39 of the students accused the priest of abuse. He admitted that he abused 29 of the 39 accusers.

So I said the number of victims was likely between 29 and 39.

In fact, I surmised all of this, in just one sitting, from simply reviewing the pdf documents that were included on-line with the NY Times story that used the 200 figures.

The remarkable thing is that the Milwaukee DA later went on record saying that the number of victims was nowhere near 200, and he said the number of victims did not exceed 39! Exactly what I said on day one. :coffee: Of course, that hasn't stopped some sources from still using the 200 number. :coffee: again.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

1 molested handicapped boy is a tragedy. 200 is a statistic.

-Josef Stalin
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:
:lol:
So then no?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Grizalltheway wrote:1 molested handicapped boy is a tragedy. 200 is a statistic.

-Josef Stalin
"1 molested boy is a tough case to win. 200 is a class action lawsuit."

-- Jeffrey Anderson, Esq.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
According to my girlfriend who went to Carnegie Mellon across town
and who's sister went to school there at Robert Morris

Robert Morris is populated with a bunch of "stuffed Shirt Young Republican Federation of the Stick up the ass"
she went on for a few more minutes but yeah... okay

I'm pretty sure they could concoct a poll that shows defunding of baby killers...
Oh, yea, I'm sure you're completely up-to-date on the political views of the typical RMU student.

You were thinking about Oral Roberts. It's ok to fess up. Everyone makes mistakes. I mean, you do it a lot more often than most, but it's still ok.
No I wasn't
I just spent Christmas with a woman who attended that university

:shock:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:1 molested handicapped boy is a tragedy. 200 is a statistic.

-Josef Stalin
"1 molested boy is a tough case to win. 200 is a class action lawsuit."

-- Jeffrey Anderson, Esq.
1...39...the number is still low.

- lawyer.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

JoltinJoe wrote:
D1B wrote:Guys, Guys, Guys....JJ defended a priest who raped several hundred handicapped boys. His primary argument being that his opponent graduated from a state university. :lol:

Think about it.

God bless Joe.
Hey, I didn't defend the priest. I said only that the estimate that he abused 200 handicapped kids was a hyperbole. I also said, contrary to reports that church efforts to defrock him had been ended, after the intervention of Cardinal Ratzinger, the fact is the church ended proceedings against him because he died while these proceedings were on-going.

I said the "200" number being pushed by the lawyer$ was based on the "assumption" that the priest abused every kid who attended the school during his tenure there.

In fact, 39 of the students accused the priest of abuse. He admitted that he abused 29 of the 39 accusers.

So I said the number of victims was likely between 29 and 39.

In fact, I surmised all of this, in just one sitting, from simply reviewing the pdf documents that were included on-line with the NY Times story that used the 200 figures.

The remarkable thing is that the Milwaukee DA later went on record saying that the number of victims was nowhere near 200, and he said the number of victims did not exceed 39! Exactly what I said on day one. :coffee: Of course, that hasn't stopped some sources from still using the 200 number. :coffee: again.
According to child sexual abuse experts, 200 is a good start. Keep in mind, at most only 25% of victims of sexual abuse report the crime. That percentage diminishes with child victims. So there were at least 160 victims.

Of course that's all things being equal, but we know that's not the case here. Joe, your priest plied his trade in a veritable pedophile Disneyworld in the form of the Catholic Church. For decades he had unfettered/unsupervised access to thousands of children, handicapped children, who essentially lived with him. For decades he enjoyed the silence and protection of his employers.

A pedophiles dream indeed.

Joe, he raped at least 400 boys. At least.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Why all the support for the BMOC? When there are several other women's groups that do and provide the exact same services sans abortions.

Especially when the left claims that without PP, women wouldn't be able to get any health services at all.
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

DSUrocks07 wrote:Why all the support for the BMOC? When there are several other women's groups that do and provide the exact same services sans abortions.

Especially when the left claims that without PP, women wouldn't be able to get any health services at all.
Nice post, Baldy.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote::rofl:

Ah, Texas. I've seen this fact pattern before.

Liberal DA in Houston "clears" PP and indicts the investigative journalists.

Meanwhile, conservative state AG is Austin says his office is still investigating PP and that the action in Houston will have no effect on the state investigation.

Prediction: Tex. Gov. Abbott uses pardon power to dismiss the local prosecution against the investigative journalists, calling it baseless and frivolous. Popularity soars in Tx.

An indictment by a Houston DA carries all the legitimacy of an indictment in North Korea.
Hey JJ. Wanna walk this back a little?
Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson said Tuesday that politics had nothing to do with this week's indictment of two anti-abortion activists, attributing the charges that cleared Planned Parenthood of any wrongdoing to the "inconvenient truth" of criminal investigation.

Nonetheless, local political observers said the timing of the indictments, which stunned state and national Republican leaders who had targeted Planned Parenthood with a series of investigations following the release of a dozen undercover videos last year, probably spared Anderson a challenge in the March GOP primary.

"If anything, it kind of helps her in the long run, because it presents her as a more neutral actor who is willing to follow the law even if it has a potential adverse affect on her standing in the Republican party," said Rice University political scientist Mark Jones.

Still, the indictments leave Anderson in the position of prosecuting anti-abortion activists that high-ranking officials in her party continue to praise and clearing the women's health nonprofit long demonized by the GOP.

"Anyone who pays attention knows that I'm pro-life," Anderson wrote in an email Tuesday. "I believe abortion is wrong and abhor those who make a trade in performing those abortions. But my personal belief does not relieve me of my obligation to follow the law."

Planned Parenthood serves health centers in Texas and Louisiana from its Gulf Freeway offices.
 Despite indictments, damage from Planned Parenthood videos
She said she is not concerned about attacks from her own party or Democrats over the grand jury's decision.

"I am far more interested in fulfilling my oath of office than worrying about political attacks for decisions based entirely upon the law and the facts," she said. "The inconvenient truth of a criminal investigation is that it doesn't always lead where you want to go."
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/po ... 786144.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Also, still waiting on those examples of folks outside the movement who think the videos weren't edited and distorted.

Take your time.
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Chizzang wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: Great article. The four women basically describe opting for abortions for selfish reasons. :ohno: :ohno:
I love it...
and I think the findings of the polling are spot on

We are humans
We are killers
We are ruthless
We are selfish
We are dangerous

We kill each other across the globe constantly
We bomb children
we burn churches
we execute nuns
we slaughter the innocent

We are HUMAN watch us ROAR

:coffee:
You forgot that we are also hypocrites.

We only complain about death when it happens to what we consider completely, "innocent" people.

But hey, fvck those so called innocent goat herders and their children in Afghanistan...if we kill those folks, it is surely by accident (as if sending a bomb laden drone somewhere halfway across the world is an accident :rofl: )...because, well, we NEED those minerals! :rockon:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:

Meanwhile, conservative state AG is Austin says his office is still investigating PP and that the action in Houston will have no effect on the state investigation.

Prediction: Tex. Gov. Abbott uses pardon power to dismiss the local prosecution against the investigative journalists, calling it baseless and frivolous. Popularity soars in Tx.

An indictment by a Houston DA carries all the legitimacy of an indictment in North Korea.
Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson said Tuesday that politics had nothing to do with this week's indictment of two anti-abortion activists, attributing the charges that cleared Planned Parenthood of any wrongdoing to the "inconvenient truth" of criminal investigation.

Nonetheless, local political observers said the timing of the indictments, which stunned state and national Republican leaders who had targeted Planned Parenthood with a series of investigations following the release of a dozen undercover videos last year, probably spared Anderson a challenge in the March GOP primary.

"If anything, it kind of helps her in the long run, because it presents her as a more neutral actor who is willing to follow the law even if it has a potential adverse affect on her standing in the Republican party," said Rice University political scientist Mark Jones.

Still, the indictments leave Anderson in the position of prosecuting anti-abortion activists that high-ranking officials in her party continue to praise and clearing the women's health nonprofit long demonized by the GOP.

"Anyone who pays attention knows that I'm pro-life," Anderson wrote in an email Tuesday. "I believe abortion is wrong and abhor those who make a trade in performing those abortions. But my personal belief does not relieve me of my obligation to follow the law."

Planned Parenthood serves health centers in Texas and Louisiana from its Gulf Freeway offices.
She said she is not concerned about attacks from her own party or Democrats over the grand jury's decision.

"I am far more interested in fulfilling my oath of office than worrying about political attacks for decisions based entirely upon the law and the facts," she said. "The inconvenient truth of a criminal investigation is that it doesn't always lead where you want to go."
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/po ... 786144.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whoops!

:rofl:

jj will say she is really part of a Liberal sleeper cell. :thumb:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

As the CS resident curmudgeon, I respectfully ask that this thread be closed. Enough already!
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch

Post by D1B »

Joltin Joe :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Cluck U wrote:You forgot that we are also hypocrites.

We only complain about death when it happens to what we consider completely, "innocent" people.

But hey, fvck those so called innocent goat herders and their children in Afghanistan...if we kill those folks, it is surely by accident (as if sending a bomb laden drone somewhere halfway across the world is an accident :rofl: )...because, well, we NEED those minerals! :rockon:
You forgot we also speak too often in hyperboles. :coffee:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote:

Hey, dum dum, I didn't say she was a Democrat. I said she's liberal. You know, there are such things as socially liberal Repubs. I get most people here believe Republican = conservative. Not everyone is as narrow-minded in their outlooks as many posters on this board, present company suspected.

Devon Anderson is the widow of the former Harris County DA. She was appointed to the position, as his successor, after his death. Prior to being appointed to the position, she held no political office. She registered as a Republican because of her husband's political career.

She has no credentials as a "social conservative." In a prior matter "investigated" by her office, she let walk an abortion doctor who extinguished the life of a fetus after it survived an abortion and was born alive. The abortionist was named Douglas Karpen. His attorney later made a $25,000 donation to Anderson's re-election committee.

"Liberal", at least on the abortion issue, fits her like a glove. Actions speak louder than words.

Another gripe is that a top prosecutor in her office is on the board of the Planned Parenthood that was the supposed to be the target of the investigation. This is a remarkable conflict of interest within the office. You must have missed that part. :coffee:

No need to thank me for this explanation. I'm always trying to expand your mind. I know that there isn't a lot to work with up there in your head, but I do my best for you.
Last edited by JoltinJoe on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:

Hey, dum dum, I didn't say she was a Democrat. I said she's liberal. You know, there are such things as socially liberal Repubs. I get most people here believe Republican = conservative. Not everyone is as narrow-minded in their outlooks as many posters on this board, present company suspected.

Devon Anderson is the widow of the former Harris County DA. Prior to being appointed to the position, she held no political office. She registered as a Republican because of her husband's political career. She has no credentials as a "social conservative." In a prior matter "investigated" by her office, she let walk an abortion doctor who extinguished the life of a fetus after it survived an abortion and was born alive. "Liberal", at least on the abortion issue, fits her like a glove.

Another gripe is that a top prosecutor in her office is on the board of the Planned Parenthood that was the supposed to be the target of the investigation. This is a remarkable conflict of interest within the office. You must have missed that part. :coffee:

No need to thank me for this explanation. I'm always trying to expand your mind. I know that there isn't a lot to work with up there in your head, but I do my best for you.
Perhaps you should have said "liberal republican" then or maybe just "pro choice DA" (which btw, she claims she's not)???? :dunce:

Your so full of shit, Joe. I used to consider you a reasonable adversary who responsibly vetted his info...even if I disagreed with you. :ohno:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:

Devon Anderson is the widow of the former Harris County DA. Prior to being appointed to the position, she held no political office. She registered as a Republican because of her husband's political career. She has no credentials as a "social conservative." In a prior matter "investigated" by her office, she let walk an abortion doctor who extinguished the life of a fetus after it survived an abortion and was born alive. "Liberal", at least on the abortion issue, fits her like a glove.

Perhaps you should have said "liberal republican" then or maybe just "pro choice DA" (which btw, she claims she's not)???? :dunce:

Your so full of ****, Joe. I used to consider you a reasonable adversary who responsibly vetted his info...even if I disagreed with you. :ohno:
:dunce:
I can't help it you're uninformed.

Read up on the Douglas Karpen "investigation" and then come back for a discussion.

She's most certainly pro-abortion.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:

Your so full of ****, Joe. I used to consider you a reasonable adversary who responsibly vetted his info...even if I disagreed with you. :ohno:
:dunce:
I can't help it you're uninformed.

Read up on the Douglas Karpen "investigation" and then come back for a discussion.

She's most certainly pro-abortion.
Pro abortion? Digging deep now I see. I think we've been through this before. "Pro abortion" is a phrase of the desperate. :ohno:

Is she "liberal"? :coffee:

I don't want to be misinformed...
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote: I don't want to be misinformed...
How sad for you that your wish did not come true. :lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote:"Pro abortion" is a phrase of the desperate. :ohno:
Pro-choice is a lie and a euphemism.

You are pro-abortion.