Political discussions
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Planned Parenthood video...

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:Also, kalm keeps saying everyone thins the videos were altered well, because Rachel Maddow told him to say that.

The first two experts who examined the videos found no evidence of alteration. Apparently PP has now found an expert to say otherwise. I wonder how many experts they had to consult before they finally got an opinion they liked -- and how much money they paid him.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/31/heres ... ng-videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/26/five- ... ndictment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The widespread conception that Daleiden doctored or highly edited the undercover videos is a Planned Parenthood talking point picked up and repeated without question by many media outlets.
Planned Parenthood commissioned a forensic analysis of the videos in August, ostensibly to back up the claim, but the Democratic opposition-research firm it hired concluded the videos were not “substantively” edited. A second forensic analysis commissioned by the conservative Christian non-profit Alliance Defending Freedom in September also concluded the videos are not substantively edited.

Joe, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. Nice work! :lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

kalm wrote:
JoltinJoe wrote:Also, kalm keeps saying everyone thins the videos were altered well, because Rachel Maddow told him to say that.

The first two experts who examined the videos found no evidence of alteration. Apparently PP has now found an expert to say otherwise. I wonder how many experts they had to consult before they finally got an opinion they liked -- and how much money they paid him.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/31/heres ... ng-videos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/26/five- ... ndictment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The widespread conception that Daleiden doctored or highly edited the undercover videos is a Planned Parenthood talking point picked up and repeated without question by many media outlets.
Planned Parenthood commissioned a forensic analysis of the videos in August, ostensibly to back up the claim, but the Democratic opposition-research firm it hired concluded the videos were not “substantively” edited. A second forensic analysis commissioned by the conservative Christian non-profit Alliance Defending Freedom in September also concluded the videos are not substantively edited.

If Cecile Richards told you to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, you would do it.

Here's some info I know: The videos have been analyzed by multiple groups, using different experts, and the conclusions are that the videos were not substantively edited or altered. To my knowledge, only one analyst has reached a contrary conclusion, the one publicly cited by PP.

Other info you may not know. Thee full-length videos posted on youtube were edited at various times when a party took a break, with the break being cut out. However, the concealed camera kept recording at all times, and the "gapless", tapes have been provided to Congressional staffers and other state investigators. I have actually spoken to someone who has seen the whole tapes, even with the silent bathroom breaks, etc., and she confirms there is no break in the tapes.

As you know, there are on-going and more serious investigations.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:

Here's some info I know: The videos have been analyzed by multiple groups, using different experts, and the conclusions are that the videos were not substantively edited or altered. To my knowledge, only one analyst has reached a contrary conclusion, the one publicly cited by PP.

Other info you may not know. Thee full-length videos posted on youtube were edited at various times when a party took a break, with the break being cut out. However, the concealed camera kept recording at all times, and the "gapless", tapes have been provided to Congressional staffers and other state investigators. I have actually spoken to someone who has seen the whole tapes, even with the silent bathroom breaks, etc., and she confirms there is no break in the tapes.

Sure! :lol:

Joe, you know I don't like abortions right?
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

kalm wrote:

I've never had one.
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Cluck U wrote:
kalm wrote:

I've never had one.
Neither has Joe.
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

JoltinJoe wrote:
kalm wrote:

Joe, are these the same investigators who validated the shroud of Turin?
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

The DA's position that the charged defendants can be guilty for violating Tx. Penal Law 48.02, for offering to purchase human tissue, even though they had no intent to actually perform the act -- what the law would call "mens rea" -- is completely lacking in merit. It is an axiom that, unless the legislature clearly specifies otherwise, a person cannot be liable for a criminal act if they possess no intent to actually perform the act. In cases like 48.02, in which the statute is silent as to a mens rea requirement, the law requires that the "intent" requirement be implied in the statute. Here's an excerpt from a Fifth Circuit case:

The government's argument that because § 1326 is silent as to mens rea, the mental state is not material, is without merit.   See United States v. U.S. Gypsum Co., 438 U.S. 422, 438, 98 S.Ct. 2864, 57 L.Ed.2d 854 (1978) (stating that the omission of intent from the statute is, without more, insufficient to establish that intent is irrelevant);  see also United States v. Cupa-Guillen, 34 F.3d 860, 863 (9th Cir.1994) (rejecting the assertion that because a criminal statute omits mention of intent, it will necessarily be construed as eliminating that element from the crime (relying, in part, on Morissette v. United States, 342 U.S. 246, 72 S.Ct. 240, 96 L.Ed. 288 (1952))). -

See more at: http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-5th-circu ... vTvj4.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote::rofl:

Ah, Texas. I've seen this fact pattern before.

Liberal DA in Houston "clears" PP and indicts the investigative journalists.

Meanwhile, conservative state AG is Austin says his office is still investigating PP and that the action in Houston will have no effect on the state investigation.

Prediction: Tex. Gov. Abbott uses pardon power to dismiss the local prosecution against the investigative journalists, calling it baseless and frivolous. Popularity soars in Tx.

An indictment by a Houston DA carries all the legitimacy of an indictment in North Korea.
Hey Joe, how's your AG buddy in Austin doing? :mrgreen:

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — State ethics regulators denied Texas' attorney general their blessing Monday to let political donors pay his criminal defense, a surprise decision that could intensify pressure on the state's top prosecutor.

Republican Ken Paxton could still try to use wealthy supporters to cover his legal bills connected to felony charges of defrauding investors, but he risks doing so without a key seal-of-approval from the Texas Ethics Commission, which declined to interpret such donations as legal.

Paxton, who says he won't resign despite charges of securities fraud and a separate investigation into a profitable land deal, has not said how he is paying for his high-powered defense team. He is prohibited from using taxpayer dollars and is also barred from tapping his campaign account.

http://news.yahoo.com/indicted-texas-at ... ntent=link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

Why are you still posting? Didn't you guys "win" this thread?

Just like you all claimed that you "won" the Monsignor Lynn thread. I said the trial was being conducted unfairly and the conviction was going to be reversed. But you guys mocked everything I said. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JoltinJoe wrote:Why are you still posting?
Because you're so cocksure and it's fun watching you deflect...

:lol:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Joe's hero is a run of the mill white collar criminal. Priceless. :lol:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Grizalltheway wrote:Joe's hero is a run of the mill white collar criminal. Priceless. :lol:
Joe's hero will ultimately be vindicated by the Lynn trial. :lol:
JoltinJoe
Level4
Level4

Post by JoltinJoe »

D1B wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:Joe's hero is a run of the mill white collar criminal. Priceless. :lol:
Joe's hero will ultimately be vindicated by the Lynn trial. :lol:
Do you ever get tired of me being right all the time?

"All RICO claims against the Vatican are without merit and will be dismissed." Took some years, but check.

"Fr. Murphy did not molest over 200 children. From my review of the record, he molested somewhere between 29 and 39 children." Again, took some years, but check (Milwaukee DA: "there is no evidence that Fr. Murphy molested anything more than 39 children." Check.

"Fr. Lynn's conviction will be reversed." Check,

"Chief Witness is a liar against Fr. Lynn is a liar." Check.

"Trial judge showed bias by admitting unrelated evidence of wrongdoing by others, extending back for a number of decades, that had nothing to do with the guilt or innocence of Lynn." Check

"Law under which Lynn is charged was instituted after the date of Lynn's actions." Check.

"Indictments against Daledian and Merritt will be dismissed." (Check pending).

CNN should hire me as a legal analyst. My track record is much better than that buffoon, Jeffrey Toobin. :thumb:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JoltinJoe wrote: "Fr. Murphy did not molest over 200 children. From my review of the record, he molested somewhere between 29 and 39 children." Again, took some years, but check (Milwaukee DA: "there is no evidence that Fr. Murphy molested anything more than 39 children." Check.
Winning.

:roll: :ohno: Sick fuck deserves to be dragged into an alley and shot like the POS he is.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Update!
An anti-abortion activist who made controversial undercover videos at Planned Parenthood clinics says California Department of Justice agents have raided his apartment and seized video files and others documents related to the case.

David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, says on the group's Facebook page that Tuesday's raid was an "attack on citizen journalism."

In seizing the files, the agents, from the office of state Attorney General Kamala Harris, "ignored documents" that Daleiden alleges implicate Planned Parenthood in illegal behavior related to the handling of fetal tissue....

In December, U.S. District Judge William Orrick, in San Francisco, ruled that the secret recordings do not show criminal activity and could put the abortion providers at risk, CBS News reports.

In February, the judge also rejected Daleiden's claim that he was acting as a journalist, noting that the hidden camera team used false identities and selectively edited the material, the Los Angeles Times reports. He also noted that state law prohibits secret recordings.

Orrick said the group’s projects “thus far have not been pieces of journalistic integrity, but misleadingly edited videos and unfounded assertions." :nod:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:Update!
An anti-abortion activist who made controversial undercover videos at Planned Parenthood clinics says California Department of Justice agents have raided his apartment and seized video files and others documents related to the case.

David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, says on the group's Facebook page that Tuesday's raid was an "attack on citizen journalism."

In seizing the files, the agents, from the office of state Attorney General Kamala Harris, "ignored documents" that Daleiden alleges implicate Planned Parenthood in illegal behavior related to the handling of fetal tissue....

In December, U.S. District Judge William Orrick, in San Francisco, ruled that the secret recordings do not show criminal activity and could put the abortion providers at risk, CBS News reports.

In February, the judge also rejected Daleiden's claim that he was acting as a journalist, noting that the hidden camera team used false identities and selectively edited the material, the Los Angeles Times reports. He also noted that state law prohibits secret recordings.

Orrick said the group’s projects “thus far have not been pieces of journalistic integrity, but misleadingly edited videos and unfounded assertions." :nod:
You mean to tell me the Religious Right has an agenda
and they are dishonest to the very core

Shocking I tell you...

:shock:

Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
bulldog10jw
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Yale

Post by bulldog10jw »

Chizzang wrote:
kalm wrote:Update!

Shocking I tell you...

Thank God judges never have agendas :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

bulldog10jw wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Shocking I tell you...

Thank God judges never have agendas :coffee:
Agreed:
the most agenda driven judge
Scalia passed away... :nod:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

What is shocking is a pro-choice Obama supporting judge would find this way. :shock: :coffee:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:What is shocking is a pro-choice Obama supporting judge would find this way. :shock: :coffee:
Sounds like he's ready for the Supreme Court then...
Because:
Scalia actually wrote
“government derives all of its authority from God” with powers to “revenge” and to “execute wrath.”

This ^ not from a Sharia Law Iranian or Saudi Cleric
But from an American Supreme Court Justice

That quote should be next to the below images and say: Guess which one said this

ImageImage
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote:What is shocking is a pro-choice Obama supporting judge would find this way. :shock: :coffee:
Because:
Scalia actually wrote
“government derives all of its authority from God” with powers to “revenge” and to “execute wrath.”
Link?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
Because:
Scalia actually wrote
So you do think that extreme judges should be on the Supreme Court. I'm more of a moderate. 8-)
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

BDKJMU wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Because:
Scalia actually wrote
Link?
Hey... guess what
First I want YOU to deny he said it - okay

So I'll wait right here

:nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
Link?
Hey... guess what

So I'll wait right here

:lol: :lol:

Classic douche1bag move. :tothehand:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Hey... guess what

So I'll wait right here

:lol: :lol:

Classic douche1bag move. :tothehand:
Takes 10 seconds... it takes about as long to type "link" as it does to find the information
http://www.pewforum.org/2002/01/25/reli ... h-penalty/

Okay,
Now we've established Scalia put the Bible (a random religious text) over the constitution
How does that make everybody feel now..?

Still defending him is my guess...
But he was a certifiable NUT and a ZEALOT and about 6 degrees different than an Islamic Cleric

Last edited by Chizzang on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.