Political discussions
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

GA confederate flag supporters indicted on terrorism charges

Post by Skjellyfetti »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfSMvTu6pq0[/youtube]
Individuals associated with a group of Confederate flag supporters in Douglas County, Ga., have been indicted on terrorism charges, it was announced on Monday.

The charges are related to a July 25 incident in which members of a group called Respect the Flag drove a convoy of vehicles displaying Confederate flags through a neighborhood in Douglasville, when they were involved in an altercation with residents outside a home where a children's birthday party was taking place.

According to a July 27 Atlanta Journal-Constitution report, those engaged in the confrontation offered conflicting accounts of what happened.

Residents said the demonstrators entered their neighborhood and started shouting racial slurs.

"One had a gun, saying he was gonna kill the n******," Melissa Alford, who was holding the birthday party, told the paper. "Then one of them said, 'Gimme the gun, I'll shoot them n******."

Levi Bush, one of the drivers, told the paper the convoy had been attacked by residents throwing rocks, and after he got a flat tire the residents swarmed his truck and threatened him.

Video of the altercation, during which police are seen separating the demonstrators from residents, was later posted online

On Monday the Douglas County District Attorney's Office released a letter stating that following an investigation by local police and the D.A., a grand jury handed down indictments charging individuals from Respect the Flag with violations of the state's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act and making terroristic threats.

There was no indication how many people were indicted, but George jail records show at least four people have already been arrested.

Two members of the group were also indicted on battery charges in a separate incident that took place that same day.
http://www.local8now.com/home/headlines ... lunteer_TV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: GA confederate flag supporters indicted on terrorism cha

Post by JohnStOnge »

Something tells me the authorities were not even handed in this case.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

JohnStOnge wrote:Something tells me the authorities were not even handed in this case.

Why do you say that? Facts seem pretty clear.

Or are you saying the blacks decided to throw a party in the middle of a parade?
:thumb:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

All the video shows is people riding by with vehicles with flags attached to them. Are we going to say that riding down the street with unpopular symbols on your vehicle is "terrorism?"
Could I ever be a star?

dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

JohnStOnge wrote:All the video shows is people riding by with vehicles with flags attached to them. Are we going to say that riding down the street with unpopular symbols on your vehicle is "terrorism?"

What about driving through a party like they did?
:thumb:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

dbackjon wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:All the video shows is people riding by with vehicles with flags attached to them. Are we going to say that riding down the street with unpopular symbols on your vehicle is "terrorism?"

I didn't see them driving through a party. I saw them driving properly licensed vehicles on a public street. I also saw negroes acting like negroes.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I'm sure the White House doesn't have a problem calling THESE people terrorists.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I checked again but I don't see them driving through a party on that video. They were apparently driving BY a party on the road. I sure as heck didn't see anything in that video to merit charging them with "terrorism."

I suspect that if you had something like a bunch of Black Panthers riding through a White neighborhood doing things they know would provoke anger absolutely nothing would happen to them. For sure they wouldn't be charged with "terrorism."
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Threats of violence were made. And, they were armed. And, their charges are based on the Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

The District Attorney is a white Republican.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Threats of violence were made. And, they were armed. And, their charges are based on the Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

These people sound like assholes that much is clear

But I believe the DA may have charged them under a difficult statute
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Threats of violence were made. And, they were armed. And, their charges are based on the Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

I didn't see or hear threats of violence. It is OK to be armed. The statute under which they were charged might be unconstitutional. We shall see.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote:a difficult statute
CitadelGrad wrote:The statute under which they were charged might be unconstitutional. We shall see.
I agree that it's a bad law. And, that's part of why I'm enjoying the story so much.

The statute is 20+ years old. It (and laws like it) are used across the country to bring heavier charges against loosely defined "groups" to define them as "gangs" or "terrorists." And... they're overwhelmingly used against minorities.

As soon as they use it to arrest some white people - y'all think it's a "difficult statute" and "unconstitutional." When it's been going on for decades to other groups... you haven't noticed or cared.

But, yeah. I'm on board with scrapping these laws across the country if y'all are. :thumb:

CitadelGrad wrote: I didn't see or hear threats of violence. It is OK to be armed.

And, again - the video isn't the only piece of evidence.

They're also charged with battery at a convenience store they also visited.
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

CitadelGrad wrote:I also saw negroes acting like negroes.
And redneck acting like rednecks. Water is wet.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Threats of violence were made.
All I see is a quote by some Black chick claiming threats of violence were made.
Could I ever be a star?

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Threats of violence were made.
All I see is a quote by some Black chick claiming threats of violence were made.
Yeah, it's hard to hear what they said to prompt her yelling about threats.

But, there are a bunch of cops around who would have heard whatever was said.

The District Attorney thought threats were made - again, he's privy to a lot more information than we are.

A Grand Jury also found that there was enough evidence. I assume they were also provided more information than we have.

But, keep defending this inbred yokels. :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:a difficult statute
CitadelGrad wrote:The statute under which they were charged might be unconstitutional. We shall see.
I agree that it's a bad law. And, that's part of why I'm enjoying the story so much.

The statute is 20+ years old. It (and laws like it) are used across the country to bring heavier charges against loosely defined "groups" to define them as "gangs" or "terrorists." And... they're overwhelmingly used against minorities.

As soon as they use it to arrest some white people - y'all think it's a "difficult statute" and "unconstitutional." When it's been going on for decades to other groups... you haven't noticed or cared.

But, yeah. I'm on board with scrapping these laws across the country if y'all are. :thumb:

CitadelGrad wrote: I didn't see or hear threats of violence. It is OK to be armed.

And, again - the video isn't the only piece of evidence.

They're also charged with battery at a convenience store they also visited.

When I say "difficult statute" I am not referring to what you think I am referring to, apparently.

Based on what I have seen I don't think it's clear that what they did meets the elements of the statute and therefore they may have been overcharged

But I commend you for being such an evolved white person - here's a cookie
anonymous#2
I am a fan of: Western Carolina

Post by anonymous#2 »

So how many blacks died at the hands of other blacks in Chicago this week? :coffee:
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

anonymous#2 wrote:So how many blacks died at the hands of other blacks in Chicago this week? :coffee:
Sssshhhhh. We aren't supposed to talk about that because #blacklivesmatter and only white cops kill black people.

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Re: GA confederate flag supporters indicted on terrorism charges

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Bump.

Guilty.

20 years and 15 years.

:coffee:
A Georgia judge sentenced a couple to prison time today for their involvement in a 2015 incident in which a group they were part of waved Confederate flags, shouted racial slurs and made armed threats, all at adults and children attending a child's party outside of Atlanta.

Jose Torres, 26, and Kayla Norton, 25, cried today in a Douglas County court as they were sentenced to 20 years and 15 years in jail, respectively.

In July 2015, the parents of three children were part of a group of Confederate flag supporters calling themselves Respect the Flag. For two days that summer, the group rode around in pickup trucks threatening black families and calling them racial slurs across two counties in the Atlanta suburbs.

The group targeted black families shortly after the Charleston church massacre because its members were upset that South Carolina had responded to the brutal slayings by removing the Confederate battle flag from various sites.

At one point, the group pulled up to a birthday party for a black child in Douglasville. The group's members allegedly threatened to kill the partygoers, with Torres confronting the family with a gun that Norton had loaded. The family called the police.

In an indictment, Torres and Norton, among others, were charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats and violation of the state's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

During the pair's sentencing today, the judge said the pair's actions "were motivated by racial hatred," according to The Associated Press.

Through tears, Norton addressed the relatives of the child whose birthday she and others disrupted.

"That is not me. That is not me. That is not him," Norton said in court after her sentencing. "I would never walk up to you and say those words to you. And I am so sorry that happened to you."

Four people were charged with felonies, according to ABC affiliate WSB-TV.com; however, the other two people pleaded guilty and got shorter prison terms.

The judge, saying Torres and Norton had committed a hate crime, also banned them from entering Douglas County after they were released from prison.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/duo-prison-tim ... d=45788918
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
YoUDeeMan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Fleecing the Stupid
A.K.A.: Delaware Homie

Post by YoUDeeMan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Bump.

Guilty.

20 years and 15 years.

:coffee:
A Georgia judge sentenced a couple to prison time today for their involvement in a 2015 incident in which a group they were part of waved Confederate flags, shouted racial slurs and made armed threats, all at adults and children attending a child's party outside of Atlanta.

Jose Torres, 26, and Kayla Norton, 25, cried today in a Douglas County court as they were sentenced to 20 years and 15 years in jail, respectively.

In July 2015, the parents of three children were part of a group of Confederate flag supporters calling themselves Respect the Flag. For two days that summer, the group rode around in pickup trucks threatening black families and calling them racial slurs across two counties in the Atlanta suburbs.

The group targeted black families shortly after the Charleston church massacre because its members were upset that South Carolina had responded to the brutal slayings by removing the Confederate battle flag from various sites.

At one point, the group pulled up to a birthday party for a black child in Douglasville. The group's members allegedly threatened to kill the partygoers, with Torres confronting the family with a gun that Norton had loaded. The family called the police.

In an indictment, Torres and Norton, among others, were charged with aggravated assault, terroristic threats and violation of the state's Street Gang Terrorism and Prevention Act.

During the pair's sentencing today, the judge said the pair's actions "were motivated by racial hatred," according to The Associated Press.

Through tears, Norton addressed the relatives of the child whose birthday she and others disrupted.

"That is not me. That is not me. That is not him," Norton said in court after her sentencing. "I would never walk up to you and say those words to you. And I am so sorry that happened to you."

Four people were charged with felonies, according to ABC affiliate WSB-TV.com; however, the other two people pleaded guilty and got shorter prison terms.

The judge, saying Torres and Norton had committed a hate crime, also banned them from entering Douglas County after they were released from prison.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/duo-prison-tim ... d=45788918
Jose Torres should have been indicted for stealing and misappropriating a Hispanic name. Isn't that a Hate Crime? :suspicious:
These signatures have a 500 character limit?

What if I have more personalities than that?
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

:cry:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Image

:cry:
This is only supposed to happen to negros!
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Should they have been found guilty? Yes

Should they have to serve more than 3-5 years for a crime that didnt hurt anyone......only feelings? Of course not, no sane country would give them 15+ for speaking and driving.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Should they have been found guilty? Yes

Should they have to serve more than 3-5 years for a crime that didnt hurt anyone......only feelings? Of course not, no sane country would give them 15+ for speaking and driving.
Already said this earlier in the thread.

But, this law was passed 20+ years ago to bring heavier charges against loosely defined "groups." This is almost always used against inner city gangs.

Never heard a Conk complain about these laws until they were used against racist rural yokels.

Do you think these laws are ridiculous, or only when they aren't applied to inner city gangs? :coffee:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Good for the prosecutor getting a guilty verdict on a risky charge.

Regardless of the fact that they're scumbags, as a guy who spent nearly 20 years watching many dudes actually KILL black people and then get 5 years in jail on plea bargains... this sentence is ... wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk